3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachick chat - January 2008

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 10:22 AM   #31
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

I'm so impressed with runners. I've tried, and i fail. over and over again lol. My asthma kicks up and my legs just stop working, it's realy quite pathetic lol.

Heidijn, no there's no connection. I just happon to be The Mango Empress and am inlove with kitty's

I've come too far to take orders from a cookie!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #32
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Enygirl- Water drinking is excellent, yesterday was the only day that I didn't make all 8 glasses.

At the end of week 1, I'm down 5.4 lbs! I actually blinked like 10 times at the scale this morning. My dad's sick of hearing about it. ^_^

MangoKitty- I LOVE that video! It drives me nuts but its so cute! Like a headache given to you by your 5 year old niece...

Short Term Goal- August 15

Old 01-11-2008, 11:42 AM   #33
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

It really took my dog to get my actually running. He's super hyper and huge and if he's not worn out, he likes to come drop a tennis ball/frisbee/chew toy on my face at night.
Old 01-11-2008, 12:49 PM   #34
Mango Empress

Haha, I want a dog soooo bad, alot would be so i'd have someone to drag me out and run every morning. But my mean husband sais no lol. one of these days i'll just bring home a puppy without telling him! lol, noooo i'm not that evil. Maybe :P

Old 01-11-2008, 12:54 PM   #35
The Witchy Veggie

I wanted one, too, but I'm a huge breed dog person, mainly wolf hybrids. Small dogs are cute, but overly hyper and kind of annoying. The apartment I want to get in the fall doesn't allow anything over 30 lbs, so its gonna be a cat.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:18 PM   #36
Mango Empress

I'm a big dog person too. My dream is to have a Irish wolfhound Great dane mix. I also love Mastiffs and Pitbulls. the opposite of my husband, who wants a chinese crested lol.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #37

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I LOVE the pitbull that we're fostering (my boyfriend's best friend's dog) Snoop and I have a Ton of playing catch and fetch. i don't take him running just because staying on a given path is not his style - and I don't want to have to explain to everyone in my neighborhood on why their yard is completely torn up

Cats are cool too though.. We got my daughter a kitten for her birthday last year - Princess Fiona Mary Meowmix... it's quite a name - but she has quite a personality.

gaia - great job with the water! I'm doing pretty good staying w/in my calories... I've managed 3/5 days this week - and probably today is I keep being good.

Old 01-12-2008, 06:01 AM   #38
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Goodmorning ladies!
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend. Not quite sure why I am up so damned early but thought I might as well make use of my time and say hey! Went for a swim last night after work, there was no one at the pool so we had it to ourselves. The hot tub always feel great after working all day. Relaxes my sore tired muscles. Working 11 to 4 today, come home, feed my family, take daughter to work and then go to the gym to work out. Leg day, my favorite. Take care all
Hugs
Virginia
Old 01-12-2008, 10:03 AM   #39

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5' 6"

Good news this morning for me! I lost 1.8# this week! I am very pleased.

Last night I baked my grandma's favorite cookies for her birthday and I'm leaving them all with her after my weekend visit. I ate 4 yesterday and they are terribly yummy (old-fashioned soft molasses coookies with the sugar crust-mmmmmmm).

My dog, Hera, has played a tremendous role in what my husband calls my "Adult-onset athleticism." When I brought her home 7 1/2 years ago and we began walking, then running regularly, it really was a life-changing thing. Once I had a couple of years of regular exercise under my belt I realized that my overall mood had dramatically improved and I no longer suffered from migraine headaches.

The "sad" part is that I began exercising because I knew she needed it, while spending a lifetime of ignoring my own need for it. Also, before I started exercising, no one could have convinced me that I would eventually come to depend on it and enjoy it so much.

Now that Hera is over 10, she will not run with me anymore. Enter Fritz, my one-year-old White German Shepherd rescue dog. He is about 70# and still growing. While my husband was totally on board with my getting another dog, and even helped me locate the rescue group from whom I eventually adopted Fritz, he was not very accepting once Fritz came home. I believe that my beautiful Fritzy was the final straw that broke my marriage-camel's back.

But I'm okay with that. Fritz never complains about my faults or yells at me! And he and Hera and my little kitty Piedmont keep me plenty warm in bed at night.

So, once I'm ready to "date" (the word makes me shudder), my main requirement is to find me a man who truly loves dogs AND cats, and, maybe, eventually ME!
Old 01-12-2008, 10:49 AM   #40
The Witchy Veggie

Wow... animals just rock in general. If you can pet them without being stung, bitten, or injected with venom, I consider it a plus.

My sister's going through a divorce right now, and its not going well (then again, how many divorces end happily?). Today is supposed to be moving day for me to go help her out until the fall starts again and I move back "home" to school. I already miss it a lot, getting to walk around campus and hang out on the green. But a light semester will be good for me, too, gives me more time to focus on losing weight and getting healthier so that the hills don't kill me when I'm walking around campus!

Old 01-12-2008, 11:43 AM   #41
Mango Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaia2094 View Post
If you can pet them without being stung, bitten, or injected with venom, I consider it a plus.
hehe, you probably wouldnt like some of my preferred pets then I love scorpions, tarantulas and the likes. And i had a 7 1/2 foot Red Tail Boa before i moved to Sweden. His name was Nietzsche, and he was the coolest freaking snake EVER. I'm quite the arachnid and reptile lover

Old 01-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #42
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

I want a snake sooo bad

Obsessed with the spin of sparkly hoops
My personal hooping blog
Old 01-12-2008, 04:09 PM   #43
The Witchy Veggie

I love little green garden snakes or bald pythons (I think they're the small snake that didn't bite when I held it). I went with a friend once to get her a Pacman frog, and the store had a giant yellow snake and a humongous cage full of giant blue scorpions. Blue. Where do you even begin to find a blue scorpion?! But I digress. Its not that I dislike snakes, I just respect and keep a distance from those that could end my life prematurely.

Old 01-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #44
Mango Empress

Hahaha, I can appreciate that.

in other news, I lost 3 lbs this week! I dono how I did it, but I did! Yippie!!!!

Old 01-13-2008, 03:31 AM   #45
Vegan from Planet Vega

Height: 5' 10"

Hello.

Someone just made a burrito and I can smell it (I'm at work). It makes me jealous as I sit here with my stupid salad.

Hohum. Oh well.

Last edited by THE Heather : 01-13-2008 at 03:31 AM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.