3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

Alternachick chat - January 2008

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 04:41 PM   #16

S/C/G: 233.9/143/160

Height: 5'7"

Congrats on your sobriety MangoKitty!

Mauvais-the new glasses sound fab!!!! How are you getting your hair done? Every pic I have ever seen of you-you always look wonderfully stylish and chic.

I am in a total hair rut...which is terrible since I went to school for hair/skin/nails.

I don't know what to do with it, really. It is red...and about down to my bra in the back. It has layers in the bottom few inches-so that it doesn't look blunt cut. I also have a very thin strip of long bangs-that hit right at about my jaw/mouth. Because of the length, they aren't even really bangs-they are just the strands that were cut to hang down when my hair is worn up. It is has natural wave...

If anyone has any ideas on what I could do with it, I'd gladly take suggestions. The only thing I am opposed to, is going super short-because it was Jamie Lee Curtis pixie short for years-has only been longer the past 4 years.

Start weight after baby #3: 233.9
Current weight: 143
90 pounds lost!
Ambriehl Saroj
Old 01-08-2008, 03:48 PM   #17

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

Ok girls - i'm here again. I almost gave up on you all after last month's chat thread. I was virtually talking to myself! I MISSED YOU ALL!!! It's also GREAT to see some new faces!

I've been doing great thus far - I was #.3 away from my New Year goal - and I'm proud. My offical weigh in day is now Sunday, and I'm down to #184.4 as of the 6th. My goal for Jan is to be out of the #180's completely by kick off of the Super Bowl - more would be great though!

I love the idea of a goal jar - but I am horrible at having visible money saved. if it's in the bank i'm good - but if I see it - i spend it.

I'm still working towards my Wings tattoo for my ultimate goal - hopefully I'll hit it around July/August - but I'm giving myself until Christmas before I start completely freaking out on myself!

Alright I'm going home now - I'll check in before bed! I did miss you!

Old 01-08-2008, 05:01 PM   #18
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

Yea, only problem with the jars is how many you have going at once... I have 3, so its getting a little bit draining on my thinning wallet. ^_^

Short Term Goal- August 15

Old 01-08-2008, 07:54 PM   #19
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Aphil- right now my hair is about 2 inches below my shoulders so I am thinking of getting about 3 to 4 inches taken off, maybe about chin length. I was wondering about sideswept bangs since my hair currently frames my face with a part in the middle. Not sure yet but I have been looking at a hairstyling magazine for inspiration. I still want some length as I like to put it up in the summer because of the humidity here.

I have an appointment this friday so I better figure it out soon!

Well gotta run to my dance class!

Have a good night everyone!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 PM   #20

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5' 6"

Well, here's what I've learned so far this year -- don't eat movie popcorn for dinner the night before your weigh-in day! The entire bag of Twizzlers probably didn't help either, but here I am 11 days into this gig and I've only lost one pound.

Of course, I was fine with that until a friend called and said "I've lost 2 pounds this week and went to the gym every day." Augh! I'd have to drive 40 miles to get to the nearest gym.

However, I did break out the dumbells and did an upper body routine last night. That went well until my "puppy" decided to chew on the 3# weight and dropped it on my toe. Between that and Ohio State sucking hard, I had a tough night.

I've run out of fresh & healthful options so had a frozen entree for dinner (yummy Amy's caserole) and an orange. Fortunately tomorrow is payday so I can go shopping. Last week I was so good and planned meals & snacks etc. Not sure when I'll have time to do so this week.

I'm really trying to give this 3FC thing the old college try. I skulk around just about every day. I do not quite understand the layout and find that a bit exasperating, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. I do seem to require a dictionary for some of the common acronyms in frequent use (...omigod, I'm so square, hey everyone, the librarian needs a dictionary!) I believe a "DH" is a darling husband? or I guess in my case "divorcing husband."

Anyway, I'm surrounded by my loving pets, great books etc., but I do get a bit sad and miss my husband terribly. (Well, I miss the nice stuff, not the tyranical stuff.) I was wise to go through the house and chuck all of the "junk" foodstuffs, because I was a lone compulsive-eater back in the day and now that I am rattling around our house by myself I know I'd be facefirst into every bag of chips, crackers & candy in sight.

Mangokitty, stay sober girl!

And good luck with hair stylin'! Hair is really difficult!!

-Heidi
Old 01-09-2008, 08:59 AM   #21
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

Popcorn is my downfall Heidi! I'm a total popcorn addict! i can stop drinking, stop smoking, stop eating meat, but you'll have to pry my popcorn from my cold dead hands!!! If i'm not careful i could easely eat a bag of popcorn every day of the week. I'm usualy pretty good at limiting it though, concidering i only allow myself to buy it once a month!

I've come too far to take orders from a cookie!
Old 01-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #22

gaia - I've figured it out - I'm going to keeep my "jar" at work. I'm giving myself $1 every day I don't go over my allotted calories (1300), and $5 every week that I go over my weight loss goal. My weekly goal is #1.5 right now. I'm going to go back and start from the 30th of December. This will be a great way to save for my wings!

Thank you SO much for the idea!!!

I hope that you are all having a great week!

Old 01-10-2008, 06:13 PM   #23
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Hey gang!
I am back again! Just checking in and saying hi right now but will stop in later and chat more if I win the fight with the kids for the computer. Hope everyone is doing well. Toodles!
Virginia
Old 01-10-2008, 08:26 PM   #24

Hey Virginia - welcome back!

Where is everyone else? I'm feeling a December repeat coming on!! COME BACK!!!

Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 PM   #25
The Witchy Veggie

S/C/G: 297.3/ticker/140

Height: 5'8"

I'm here! Promise I haven't fallen off the cliff yet!

Short Term Goal- August 15

Old 01-11-2008, 02:55 AM   #26
Mellow but Sassy

S/C/G: 280/255/160

Height: 5' 11"

Hey, I've stumbled my way in here and I'm definitely chatty enough to keep any thread going.

Who's me? I'm a world traveler leftover over from the beat generation (can you be leftover if you weren't even born yet?) who's also managed to stumble her way into pharmacy school.

My current thing is very poorly played tennis, running with my dog (or rather being dragged behind), and sneaking veggies into the diets of my others.

All in all, good times had all around.
Old 01-11-2008, 07:53 AM   #27
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Welcome Zen! And welcome back Virginia!

I picked up my new glasses last night and I love them! Definitely a new look for me.

I am trying to stick to plan tonight but I am going to a party to celebrate the Russian New Year so it will be hard.

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice and no guarantee is made against accuracy. Please see your physician before taking advice found on the internet.

Old 01-11-2008, 09:02 AM   #28

Zen - I'm hoping that you're right and you are that chatty.. I am too (obviously) but talking to myself isn't all that fun

Mauv - How did the party go?

gaia- I'm glad you're still here - how's the water drinking going?

Old 01-11-2008, 10:33 AM   #29
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

"Cat! I'm a kitty cat, and i dance dance dance and i dance dance dance!!!"

I've come too far to take orders from a cookie!
Old 01-11-2008, 11:18 AM   #30

S/C/G: 172/172/145

Height: 5' 6"

Well, this day in January has brought me another sinus infection. My second in 6-weeks. I am very irritated by it because I have a race next Saturday and if I'm feeling better I'll run it, but probably not well. At least it's only a 5-k. Today was supposed to be a weigh-in day (day 14) but as I was feeling awful when I woke up, I forgot. I can tell that I've been losing weight though because my "fat pants" were saggin' on me yesterday and I pulled my jeans on easy. So I am feeling very good about that.

Our freakish weather has me feeling uneasy. It's nearly 50 degrees F and all the snow is gone. This just isn't right. I'm going to have to join our friends in Canada if we aren't going to have winter anymore in Michigan!

Mangokitty - each time I see your user name I am reminded of the book A Mango-shaped Space, by Wendy Mass. It's about a teenage girl with synesthesia (seeing colors for numbers & the like). Any connection?

Enygirl - I used to live in Flint and worked at the Flint Public Library. Wow, it's a tough town and not one that's very conducive to healthy living. I run the CRIM 10-mile race every August though and that's nice.

Hope everyone is doing well.

-Heidi
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.