3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   December Chat Thread (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/128232-december-chat-thread.html)

Enygirl 12-03-2007 01:40 PM

December Chat Thread

Ok I don't know where all of you went this last week - BUT COME BACK! :drill: I'm not above talking to myself - but it's not my preference!

So my goal for this month weight wise it to kiss the #180's GOodbye. Weigh in on Friday was #188.7 - so it's completely doable! It'd be really great to hit #175

For exercise - I started training for the Frozen blueberry 5K yesterday. I found an eight week program online. My friend - who is an avid competitive walker is organizing it. The only problem is that it's cold, and wet and yucky outside! ewww.. but I didn't do too bad for my first day. i did my first 5K in 50 mins even.

Random question - What one non-clothes/ weight-loss reward are you giving yourself after you hit goal? - mine is that I LOVE fairies... obsessively almost. So my "NS present I'm giving myself is wings... beautiful tattooed wings on my back. I'm excited. I haven't designed them yet - but I've been thinking more and more about it.

mauvaisroux 12-03-2007 10:07 PM

Congratulations on getting out of the 190's! :bravo:

Your NS reward sounds like a great idea. :)

My reward - not sure yet, I'm thinking of a really special piece of jewellery.

It's been snowing since yesterday and we are in for more of the same tomorrow. It will be a winter wonderland by Friday - :lol:

I now have 4 gifts for people and my party is planned out. Tonight we got a coat of primer on 2 walls and the ceiling of the livingroom. We are hoping to be done by Friday and have the room back to normal by Saturday night.

Enygirl 12-04-2007 07:53 AM

ohhh... jewelry.. I LOvE pretty things :) Sounds like a great idea! YOu sound quite busy right now! I love painting houses though. It's a lot of work - but I liskt making a house a home :) When is the party again?

ollie27 12-04-2007 11:05 PM

Hi! I've been in finals at school, so busy here, not much time to exercise or go grocery shopping or post. I'm not completely off the wagon--maintaining, but I don't have time for anything else. Grrr....

Enygirl, I like you're new avatar. That's purdy. And the fairy wings sound gorgeous. You are drawing them yourself?!?! I had bought this real pretty pink Manin Panic hair dye to be my reward, but I am getting anxious and will probably dye my hair in between semesters.

My goal is to get in the 140s...that is totally doable! I think I actually weigh around 155 from not exercising, so 5 lbs by New Year's Eve. I can do it!

I am working on my senior thesis, it's like a 40 pager and has totally consumed my life for the past month.

Mauv--ooohh party...sounds delish ;)

jaxjob 12-05-2007 08:53 AM

I have a "plan" of rewards for myself - I haven't given myself any for a while because I've been essentially maintaining since the end of the summer, but they include:

- colouring my hair - I dyed it washout black for Halloween and liked it - I don't think I'd go black, I'm very fair, but something dark would be interesting.
- getting a massage - I used to do this regularly but haven't since we moved here. By making it a reward I can justify the expense!
- a couple of pretty new bras. OK I do have to buy the odd one on the way down but don't want a whole bunch while I'm planning on losing further. Being large chested they aren't cheap so I'm saving buying cute ones for a set point.

and when I reach my final goal that I'm happy with, I plan on getting a tattoo. I don't have any but have thought about it for years. I want something along the lines of the picture I'm using for an avatar.

I've tried not to set time dated goals, because life seems to interfere lots when I do, but for this month I want to see some definite loss, not waffling up and down as I have been.

mauvais - we're painting stuff too - although I'm not planning a party! We've been renovating the bathroom for about 6 months now and getting close to being done. The tub and tiles are in, just need some trim and the new door (which is what I'm painting).

Blessings to all,

Enygirl 12-05-2007 11:18 AM

There you all are! Thanks for the compliments on the reward idea and the avatar... told you mildly obessed w/ fairies. :)

mini-victory today - I'm in a size 16 again! First time in about 3-4 years! WOO HOO!!!

I haven't designed my wings yet - I don't know if I'll actually draw them, or have my little sister do it. It would have a lot of meaning to have her art on me. - plus she does amazing work.

Ollie - i remeber my thesis paper for my major.. it did pretty much take up every moment that I wasn't working, volunteering, being a mom, or sleeping.. and a lot of the time that I should have definately been doing the last! Now I have half the thoguht to go back for my Masters in the Fall! I guess I love the craziness! :)

Enygirl 12-06-2007 12:10 PM

So my officialy weigh in is tomorrow - and I'm jsut a little nervous. I HATE when the scale goes in the wrong direction - but I know I haven't eaten the best this week - nor have I been the best at keeping track of my calories. Tuesday and Wednesday were a complete mess.

Hopefully being good on Monday and today will make up for it enough that there will be a drop in the number. I really would like to see a big drop - but wouldn't we all??? :)

Exercise is going good this week... although I don't feel fulfilled with just the 5K training. I'm going to add back in the Slim in 6 - ramp it up (2 of 3 videos) in addition to walking. Burning more cals is never a bad thing. Of course I'm going to listen to my body so that I don't push myself too hard too fast - but I know that this week it just hasn't been enough!

Give me some :goodscale: vibes for tomorrow!

Enygirl 12-07-2007 12:33 PM

Official weigh in today - I'm down #1.4 to #187.3. I'm pretty happy about it. :)

I don't know where everyone is this week... I'm missing you!!! COME BACK!!!

going2Bhealthy 12-10-2007 06:48 AM

This is just a quick post, I wanted to pop my head in and say well done to everyone!!! Even just maintaining when the weather is grey and cold is a feat in my eyes ;) Keep it up girls!!!

I've been trying to adjust to my new work pattern and it was my bday on sat, so I've been living it up this weekend and dreading the scales!!

I've gotta jump in the shower now, but I hope to be back in full action, working my butt off and posting loads as of this week :)

lottie63 12-10-2007 07:57 PM

'ello everyone. :)

I think I'm going to get a tattoo as well when I get to goal, it'll PROBABLY be the quote, "Be patient and tough, someday this pain will be useful" spiraling around my much thinner arm. :P

but a clothing reward I'm giving myself is a new custom corset (temptress) from www.meschantes.com :D

ollie27 12-11-2007 08:59 AM

Wow, some of those corsets are really beautiful. Not something I would wear (I'm more of a T-shirt and jeans kinda gal), but damn those are gorgeous.

Enygirl--keep up the good work! I for one haven't been doing that great, but it is totally turn aroundable (I think I just made up a word).

I finally finished my big daddy paper last night. 40 pages. Whew! Got a Shakespeare final this morning and a Chaucer final tomorrow morning then I am done! I jump on a plane right afterwards to visit a friend in Colorado, then I have a nice break from school to reorganize. I'm still hovering around the weight I was/am after my initial loss, so all is good in the hood.

Oh, and I think screw the weight loss, I'm dyeing my hair pink as soon as I get back from Colorado. I'm sure I can come up with some other treat:)

Happy Day, gang.

Enygirl 12-11-2007 10:28 AM

Lottie - i love that tat Idea! That's awesome!

This week hasn't been so good. TOM is late (not PG - checked this morning) but I'm retaining water and junk food like no other! :) I've binged the last 2 nights - and the scale showed a dreaed #191 this morning. I only have 2 more weigh ins for the contest at work.. now is NOTthe time for me to be F*ing up!!! I have to be on my best behavior the rest of the week!!! I HAVE TO SEE A DROP ON FRIDAY!!! I know I will - I'm not doing Horrible... and I'm still exercising.. I just have SO MUCH on my plate right now! it's CRAZY!

I HAVE TO GET OUT OF THE #180'S BEFORE THE BALL DROPS!!

mauvaisroux 12-11-2007 04:30 PM

Enygirl - congratulations on the loss and reaching size 16! :bravo:

Lottie - what beautiful corsets! Great idea for a reward,

Ollie good luck with the paper and your exam. Let us know how your hair turns out! :)

Jaxjob - nice goals :yes:

We finished painting and putting the livingroom back together - it looks awesome. The room seems bigger and when the sun hits it's so bright and welcoming. I can't wait to get the rest of the place done but that will have to wait until after Christmas.

wrdfrog 12-11-2007 09:32 PM

Hey everyone. I've been away for a while, lurking mostly still, but I wanted to come back and start chatting again! It's nice to see a lot more people chatting too!

Enygirl - Good luck on your goal for New Years! You can do it, just keep going. I used to want wings on my back too! Dragon wings to be exact. I still think about it sometimes, but I'm not sure if I want more on my back than I already have.

ollie27 - Grats on finishing the paper! I always hated having a large deadline looming. Also, good luck on your remaining tests and grats on your soon to be cool pink hair!

lottie - Those are some pretty corsets! I've always like the way they look but I've never worn one myself. That's a nice quote you're thinking of too. Who is it quoting, or is it an anonymous one?

As for my treats for myself, I have a few planned out over my weight loss to keep me motivated. My goal by mid-January is to be at 175 lbs so I can join a jujitsu dojo. I'm really excited about that (been watching a lot of the Human Weapon on the History Channel heh). Mostly jewelry and books and music have been my rewards. The big one is joining a dojo like I mentioned before. I used to do it in college but got so out of shape I was ashamed to go back. Sad, yet true. Also, I've been toying with the idea of getting a second tattoo once I reach goal; a shoulder or half sleeve. I'm not sure if I want to make that kind of commitment yet though, also I have no idea what I would want. Luckily I have a lot more time to think on it before I get to goal.

lottie63 12-11-2007 11:06 PM

The quote is from Ovid I believe.

:)