Closed Thread

Old 11-15-2007, 07:19 PM   #16  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Default gotta get back on track

Aack! Okay, how come it takes me almost 3 weeks to lose 5 pounds and 3 days to gain it back?!?!?! This week has not been good for my 'lifestyle change' and I could use some words of encouragement.

My brother got kicked out of his house and came and stayed with me last weekend which meant I was the comrade, which meant drinking beer to drown away sorrow, which meant I was the comrade beer drinker. Ugh. That led to all greasy food and every day since he has wanted to "hang out" I haven't done a workout video and have drank way too much beer and ate way too much cheese. So here I am thinking I got "the night off" about to pop a tape in and the phone rings.

I need to learn how to help my bro, but eat asparagus, drink water and do crunches simultaneously.

Hope everyone is well. If there is a good kofta recipe in the book do share, mauvaisroix! I think that's what you call the veggie balls. Yum.

Congrats on the weight loss enygirl It feels good to see the scale go down. I need that again!
Old 11-16-2007, 07:50 PM   #17  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Ollie and going2Bhealthy - to both of you - hope things get better!

Ollie - maybe you can get your brother to go out for coffee instead of beer?

Well TGIF! I had another busy day today but did get a break for lunch with a couple of my co-workers which was a nice treat. I enjoyed my lunch and had a bowl of Tom Kha ga (sp?) soup and vegetarian spring rolls instead of a full meal which gave me a chance to indulge in some coconut ice-cream

Tomorrow I am meeting one of my girlfriends for lunch and shopping.
Old 11-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #18  

Hello - hope everyone had a good weekend!

I had a great time with my friend yesterday - we did a bit of cross-border shopping and stopped for dinner at a rib place - yummy!

Today I just lazed about reading decorating mags and drinking tea - nice and relaxing!
Old 11-19-2007, 01:16 PM   #19  
change

Lazed about. Ahhh...that sounds wonderful. And no, bro doesn't do coffee I tried. But the situation is over with now, back to rice cakes, coffee, granola and water Still not getting any exercise though as ALL my spare time is writing final research papers. It's crunch time! Hopefully, I can keep my eating on track and just do exercise when I can and I'll be okay.

I made some yummy vegetarian chili yesterday. Think it's me best batch yet!

Well, back to the grind...
Old 11-20-2007, 07:02 AM   #20  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Hey everyone! I had a lovely weekend, went to a friends and met her gorgeous children and they loved me, which is always nice, hehe. Eating hasn't been great for me, but on a good note I started work yesterday! They asked me to start training on a temp contract until they can sort out my references (my last job is being lazy), so I'm earning WOO! Now just to get in some more excercise!

Eny, I'm glad things are better for you! Hang in there

Thanks for the well wishes everyone! I hope you're enjoying the direction of this week!!
Old 11-20-2007, 11:43 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I had the BEST Weekend!!! I took Joe (my boyfriend) to Dave & Busters for the night... I ate , , Drank until i stumbled and It was WONDERFUL!!!! Until Monday morning when I stepped on the scale - knowing full well that I gained. It was #10.5(up to #196) AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!! I didn't think it'd be THAT much!.

Then again i ate mcd's 3 times, had 4 slices of pizza w/ Crazy bread.. drank a TON, and had Big Johns the next day to round off the "great" weekend. I'm also expecting TOM anyday now - so I know some of it is water weight... I usually gain between #5-7 the week of his visit.

Needless to say I'm not goi9ng to make my Turkey Day goal (#180.5)... or my November goal (#178).. but I still have hope for Christmas.. if I really work my butt off (literally)... I don't know - maybe more of it's water then I think and I only gain a little... maybe November's goal is still within reach. The official weigh in is Friday.

I have to tell you though - with everything that's been going on in my life lately - I needed to completely binge... maybe not to this extreme - but I'm not beating myself up over it this time... It was worth it!

Last edited by Enygirl; 11-20-2007 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #22  

That's great news going2Bhealthy!

Enygirl - yeah, I blew it with the rib, mac & cheese and sweet potato dinner on Saturday night- :0

We just have to get back to it now!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:54 PM   #23  
change

Well, that makes all of us! I haven't fully recovered from my family situation and last night the hubby ordered Papa John's which was waiting for me when I got home from work. Good news is I only ate 3 slices, when my usual is more like 5. Maybe Monday we can start a back on track thread. I say Monday and not tomorrow for obvious reasons.

Eny, gald you're getting some money, honey.

Last edited by ollie27; 11-20-2007 at 07:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:50 AM   #24  

A back on track thread sounds good to me!

Woke up this morning to our first snowfall! Everything looks so pretty!

I have another busy day ahead of me today - can't wait for Friday!

Hope everyone has a good day!
Old 11-23-2007, 07:15 AM   #25  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

You're so lucky to have snow! Living right next to the sea we don't often get it and if we do it never really settles

I hope everyone had a happy thanksgiving? Back on track sounds good, my eating isn't going well as I can't get up early enough to fit in breakfast and lucnh before I go to work, so end up eating two good meals and snacks that aren't so good. BUT I stepped on the scale and it was 197.2 so a loss of 2.4lbs from the end of last week (I didn't change my ticker, but it was 199.6 ) So being up and about is obviously helping!

Now just to get up earlier and fit in some exercise!!!

Happy Friday everyone!!!! xx
Old 11-23-2007, 12:07 PM   #26  
change

So, YES, back on track thread Monday. And you know what, I think this may be a case when it is good to have such a small dedicated support group as opposed to getting lost in the hundreds of posts on other threads. Groovy. We can do it to it. And I haven't stepped on the scale in 2 weeks! We shall see!

I had a good Thanksgiving. It's always nice to be around family and friends, and forget about the day to day grind for a wee bit.

mauvairoix Snow I love the white blanket on everything. It hasn't snowed here since '96. Each year I cross my fingers. Maybe this will be the year! Of course, people go apes**t around here if it is even in the forecast. Hope you are getting to enjoy the beauty!

Have a great weekend all!
Old 11-23-2007, 01:27 PM   #27  

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

I guess today is "Black Friday" for you in the U.S. I guess there are some good deals to be had but I just can't deal with the crowds. I don't go out shopping on boxing day either -

It's been snowing for the last few days here and looks really pretty (unless of course you have to shovel it) and the streets seem so quiet.

Re: the diet - I have not had any alcohol for 3 weeks (I usually have a glass of wine with dinner on Friday or Saturday night) and I am down to 1 coffee per day. Next week I am going to start gradually cutting back on the sugar too. Right now I take 2 tsps in my coffee or tea and I want to get down to one. I know I will never drink either black or with artificial sweetener so my compromise is 1 tsp instead of 2.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:02 PM   #28  
change

Black Friday : At my house we celebrate Buy Nothing Day instead "Acquire Few Needs". I think this got started in Canada, actually. There were people who got up and stood in line at 2 freaking a.m. to buy crap. Useless crap! I don't get it.

No alcohol?!?! Wow, that would be tough for me, I do love a glass of wine or beer. I never get drunk. I just like the taste. Had two glasses of wine last night with me movie. Congrats tho! The little things make a big difference. I would like to cut beer completely out all together. It's not much of a winter drink anyway.

So I weighed this morning for the first time in two weeks and I have only gained a pound!!! Woohoo! How's that for some Monday motivation.

Mauv ever tried honey in your coffee instead?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:08 PM   #29  

Ollie - I do use honey in tea but never thought of using it in coffee - is it good? Maybe I will give it a try.

Oh yeah, I have participated in "buy nothing day"

Me and my two friends shopped on Saturday but we went to a shopping district where it is all street level shopping with mostly small locally owned stores. Much less crowed and so much more fun and interesting than the mall.

We also went to an Argentinian restaurant and spent 2 1/2 hours lunching and chatting - it was great!
Old 11-26-2007, 11:34 AM   #30  
change

Mauvairoix I don't like my coffee sweet, but when I cut sugar out of the house, my hubbie started putting honey in his coffee. He seems to like it.

I decided to make photo albums for everyone this Christmas. On Thanksgiving, I James Bonded some pictures from my grandmother's house and will use old pics to put together little scrapbook stories. Can't wait to get started!

Hope everyone's Monday is groovy.
Closed Thread