New To 3fc

• Hey there,

I am new to 3FC and excited to get started. any advice that can be given is much appreciated. I am 22yrs. old with a almost 1yr. old son. I have struggled with my weight my whole life and was finally disgusted with myself when I weighed myself the other night. Being 5'8 and weighing in at 297lbs. is really discouraging. what do you all think of LA Weight Loss? I'm thinking about trying them out. I have tried by myself but I need more support and more structure!!
  • Welcome to the board!

I don't know about the LA Weight Loss plan, but I know there's a bunch of supportive people around this board, and that establishing your support system is your first important step, so good job!

I don't think I'm an expert by any means, but I know something that has helped me is to stay positive and remember that it's a process of becoming healthy in our choices and actions so setbacks will happen, but you have to keep moving forward.

Keep positive, and see what happens! I look forward to hearing about your journey!
  • Hello there!

I am also new to this community, but I already have a good feeling about things here from all of the helpful and supportive people that I have seen and the inspiring stories that I have heard. In my opinion, any weight loss program is good, as long as you get the structure that you need and find the right balance. Personally, I think the most important thing is that you find something that works for you, fits your way of life, and is something that you can stick with! Well, that is just my humble two cents. I wish you much luck!
  • Hi Mandy,

I'm on a la weight loss plan right now and I love it...I lost somewhere around 40-60 pounds following one of their plans a couple of years ago but did gain about 30 pounds back once I stopped...

If you're looking for structure and accountability you will probably do well going to the center as they will be checking your food diary and doing weigh-ins a few times a week. The downside is that going to the center will be very very expensive. You have to pay up front for as many weeks as it will take you to get to your goal (assuming you will lose about 2 pounds a week) plus a year of maintence, at around $11 per week. On top of that they will try very hard to sell you la lites (dessert-like protein bars), supplements, and other products. If you can't afford the cost of the lites and supplements there is the option of getting them from ebay or just using luna bars or somethig else similar.

I hope this helps and good luck. It really is a great program if you can afford it.
  • Welcome! I'm new to this place, too. There are A LOT of supportive people on here. It really has helped me actually keep up with my diet and exercise. I don't know much about LA weightloss, but try to find out if it's healthy or not. Atkin's works...but is not very healthy. Also keep in mind, once you get to where you want to be weight-wise, is this particular diet plan something you want to do for the rest of your life?

Good luck with everything =)
  • ^^ I think that if you've been thinking about it, then it's time to try it out & see if it works for you! Post again soon
  • Welcome Mandy and Annie!

mandy- if you are interested in L.A. Weightloss then I suggest you check out these forums on the 3fc site and ask the members there how they like it.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=171