What music are you exercising to?

You're on Page 3 of 4
Go to
  • David Crowder Band!
    Delirious
    Falling Up
    (all part of a playlist thats titled 'walkin worship' - its both upbeat and uplifting which is perfect for 445 in the morning workouts)

I also have a playlist thats all the disco from my reception...I catch myself dancing on the treadmill!
  • Toadies !!!!!!!!!!!
  • I listen to an odd little mix of stuff while working out. Lots of Nightwish, Evanescence, Within Temptation, Tristania and After Forever. I temper it with some 80s stuff, like Guns N' Roses, Poison, Van Halen and Iron Maiden. Then there's the really odd stuff -- you can usually find a song or two by Aqua or the Backstreet Boys mixed in. Sometimes I just want to dance around like I'm 14 again. Finally, I toss in some random stuff that I like - a few tracks by Live, Breaking Benjamin, Sonata Arctica and others.

I basically try to keep it fast, loud and diverse.
  • I listen mostly to things that inspire my imagination. Buenos Aires from Evita really gets me running and I don't even notice when I pick up the pace cause I'm too busy imagining the movie. I like listening to soundtracks or songs that have a story. They distract me from my leg's soreness.. lol
  • I adore my Batcave/Trad G*th... however it's too slow for me when I'm trying to move my ***. I have a real tendency to just wave my arms and glide in typical old-school manner and basically that's not gonna cut it!

So... it's stompy, bleepy, aggro stuff... cut/paste a mix bag of EBM, Futurepop and other noisey goodness.

What's been making me move my feet recently?

Xotox
    NorthBorne
    Panzerveps
    Unter Null
    Combichrist
    Hocico
    God Module
    VNV Nation [only a few select songs... the rest are too slow!]

This changes fairly frequently... could be a whole new bunch of stuff I'm listening to next month.

~ Little B xx
  • Well ... as I do classes the music gets chosen, but there are a couple of iron maiden tracks and somethign that mixes in a bit of the KLF.
    If I'm at home it has to be Prodigy and some Chemical Brothers, and I'm building up to dancing ALL the way through Ministry's "Jesus Built my Hotrod" LOL
  • Great ideas for music! I love White Zombie to exercise too!

Another song I like Disturbed's "The Sickness"
  • I have a mix of all sorts of stuff, anything with a good beat...

favs:

Bikini Kill
    White Zombie/Rob Zombie
    L7 ("fast and frightening" if I really want to pick up the pace)
    NIN
    poison the well
    KidneyThieves
    Le Tigre
    Sleater-Kinney
    Team Dresch
    The Haggard
    Alkaline Trio
    Say Anything
    Shiny Toy Guns
    Stiff Little Fingers
    Black Flag
    7 Year *****
    and even some Ani Difranco...

• Rob Zombie/White Zombie, first and foremost. HAS the there.
    Metallica.
    Godsmack.
    NIN.
    Evanescence.
    Ozzy Osbourne.
    Velvet Revolver.

and...

Gretchen Wilson.
    Josh Turner.
    Garth Brooks.
    Charlie Daniels Band.

Trust me, you don't know fun until you've heard "Superbeast" backed by "Here for the Party".
  • Boikot (spanish punk) bad religion, death by stereo, primus and bad brains. All my favorites.
  • Right now: Dir En Grey, Maximum the Hormone (j-metal/rock), the Trax (k-rock), Rage Against the Machine, Avenged Sevenfold, Bedlight for Blue Eyes, Paramore, Cruiserweight, Fireflight, Anberlin, Moneen, Siouxsie and the Banshees,
  • Nothing better than NIN
  • Paramore... I used to hate them... but lately I can't stop listening to them... And RIOT is a surprisingly great album. MCR is great, Queen, The Darkness, pretty much anything with an electric guitar and kick *** drummer.
  • Quote: I usually listen to my "top 25 most played" on my ipod. I hate to excercise somehow I can stand it in 15 minutes intervals when I have my favorite songs..

the list includes:

Sasha
    Hernan Cattaneo
    Broken Social Scene
    Radiohead
    Bjork
    Coheed and Cambria
    DJ Micro
    Bloc Party
    Le Tigre
    Pendulum
    Current 93
    Daft Punk
    The Arcade Fire
    Squarepusher
    Aphex Twin
    The Chemical Brothers
    Whoa! you and I have similar taste!
  • What i listen to and what I work out to aren't usually the same music. I listen to a lot more mainstream stuff at the gym (incubus, MCR, a lot of everything), I do yoga to more new age or post-rock stuff ( sigur ros, EITS, Hammock), and I listen to a lot of beats (aphex twin, massive attack, natalie walker, etc)

... I have to admit that I love old 70's or 80's classics anytime.