3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Alternachicks

As the body changes...

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 11:32 PM   #16

S/C/G: 160.5/160.5/125

Height: 5'4"

Wow, I've been reading through the posts, and I think as a rule of thumb, the place you want to lose weight the most is the last place you'll see it come off! How cruel the body can be.
Seriously, everyone who's hoping to lose their lower body, it starts at the top. Everyone who wants to lose a belly loses their thighs first. I guess you just have to hang in there and want it bad enough to stick it out until you see that part you hated so much just melt away!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:43 PM   #17

S/C/G: 238.6/218/125

Height: 5'2

i have the same problem as all the women on my fathers side of the family...round face short neck...in essence i've never not had a double chin...theres a reason i've been called a cabbage patch doll my entire life...then again i've always been "chubby"....or at least i always thought i was.i would love to know whats under all this fat.

I have a blog too, it's new. Sometimes it will simply echo what I write here but sometimes it won't. If you want to know more about me than just my weight loss journey, feel free to check it out
http://http://porchcricket13.wordpress.com/
Old 07-30-2007, 01:47 AM   #18

S/C/G: 210/207.5/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Default hang-y down-y belly

That's all I want gone, now. I have a beautiful tattoo'ed belly, and it's all glurbley and not cute-looking. OKAAAAY, I AM 37y.o. and just had two babies in the span of thirteen months (my second and third kiddos), but come on! I lost 94 pounds in seven months back in 2003, so I know. how. it. is. done! I just bought a Precor elliptical 'cause it's too hard to go to the gym these days . . . sorry, I'm babbling. I'm new to the boards and new to the weight loss plan!!!

Old 08-02-2007, 12:21 PM   #19
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

I'm new here, too, and might as well jinx myself by saying what I want to lose first.

My below the waistline tummy. All of my weight gain is there! A couple of weeks ago a woman I haven't seen in awhile came up to me, patted my tummy and asked if I was pregnant! How rude! Speaking of pregnant...

Austin mama--two babies in 13 months?! Holy Testicle Tuesdays! Good luck to you!

Old 08-13-2007, 08:28 PM   #20
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by transatlanticism View Post
Wow, I've been reading through the posts, and I think as a rule of thumb, the place you want to lose weight the most is the last place you'll see it come off! How cruel the body can be.
Seriously, everyone who's hoping to lose their lower body, it starts at the top. Everyone who wants to lose a belly loses their thighs first. I guess you just have to hang in there and want it bad enough to stick it out until you see that part you hated so much just melt away!
Ummm...I want it to come off everywhere....so am I in trouble?
Old 08-19-2007, 06:31 PM   #21

Ugggggh - I wish I could lose more in my boobs - I swear they have barely changed. My *** is gone - I think from all the walking - my legs (except upper thigh - gag) are fairly muscular now - I am seeing my face now - looking pretty good but I've always had a round face - but i still have most of my weight in my belly. I am hoping the next chunk to go is there and my boobs.
Old 08-20-2007, 03:05 AM   #22
Mango Empress

S/C/G: 275/check my ticker!/145

Height: 5'6"

Ha! even at my heaviest i was a B cup. and not a very full B cup at that. seems the first thing to go has been my boobs... i seem to loose from the top down. at least i'm lucky in that my husband likes small boobs!!!

I've come too far to take orders from a cookie!
Old 11-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #23

Height: 5' 10"

Doesn't anyone get worried about saggy skin? I've got this huge fear that I will work off all the weight and be left with a smokin' bod buried under extra skin!

I want to lose weight off my belly mostly. just not to have that horrible Muffin-business going on would be a blessing.
Old 11-28-2007, 12:38 PM   #24
Julia

S/C/G: 206/162/150

Height: 5'1"

I have to agree with most posters. I just want to see what I look like under here. I was always a little chubby and the last time I remember looking "good" was around 17.

I'm 35 now and with each new family member (child) my weight has steadily gone up. I don't care so much about the boobs.

I would like to have nice shoulders and upper arms. I've worried about wearing sleeveless for years. I want to wear spaghetti straps and love the way they look!

I want to be able to stand without my thighs rubbing together too! And down with the dreaded mufin top!

Thanks guys, Great topic!

My Diet Blog
Old 11-28-2007, 05:38 PM   #25

UGGGGH
My saggy skin is so depressing - the more I lose the worse it gets.
My face is doing ok so far - but my upper arms and thighs are just horrible. I know that as I lose more my stomach will get horrifying as well. So sad because my body naked does NOT reflect how I feel and look to everyone else AND myself. I am also having a HUGE loose skin problem below my stomach - if you know what I mean - so gross.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:45 PM   #26

Height: 5' 10"

witchy-
I heard about that on Dr. 90210. Apparently it's super common! I've never even considered losing weight.. there...
I've never lost more than 10 lbs in my life, so I have nearly no input on the issue. Is the only remedy surgical?
Old 11-28-2007, 10:54 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquanetrocker View Post
witchy-
I heard about that on Dr. 90210. Apparently it's super common! I've never even considered losing weight.. there...
I've never lost more than 10 lbs in my life, so I have nearly no input on the issue. Is the only remedy surgical?

Yes - surgery is the only solution. If you are younger - or maybe have not been overweight for long you have a better chance of the skin not being so stretched out. I'm 43 and it's a losing battle. I'll never be able to afford surgery - I'm a single Mom. It's pretty major surgery too - with lots of risk of infection like any surgery and I don't even know if I'd want to go through that.
Thanks for telling me it's fairly common - makes me feel like slightly less than an ugly freak.

Nancy
Old 11-28-2007, 11:17 PM   #28
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I just want to lose all over and that is what I am doing. Am losing pretty evenly all over my body. Maybe I just have a strange body lol.

BMI 06/09/14 ( 44.9 ) BMI 08/16/14 ( 44.6)

Everything is a choice; we make the choice to be what we want to be or just talk about being what we want to be.

God, keep your arms around my shoulders and your hands across my mouth.

Sometimes God doesn't whisper in our ear what he wants us to hear. Sometimes he jumps up and down screaming PUT DOWN THAT COOKIE. We just don't listen.

Last edited by Shy Moment : 11-28-2007 at 11:17 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.