3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Alternachicks (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks-99/)
-   -   Alternachick chat - January 2007 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/alternachicks/100793-alternachick-chat-january-2007-a.html)

mauvaisroux 12-31-2006 07:01 PM

Alternachick chat - January 2007

Well the New Year is nearly here so I thought I would start a new thread, since most os us will probably sleep in tomorrow! ;)

HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF THE ALTERNACHICKS! :hat:

And here's to a happy, healthy and sucessful 2007 for everyone! :cheers:

flower 01-01-2007 11:53 AM

Hi everyone! Happy New Year!

MaWhit 01-01-2007 01:27 PM

Happy new year!

squeaker 01-03-2007 12:38 AM

Happy New Year!

Mauvais - How did DH manage to nab a Wii? My BF is totally jealous. He says "no fair". :lol:

I am back after 10 days in NY/Ohio. We had a great time with the families. But happy to be back in our house.

I got Dance Dance Revolution for Christmas, which while I suck at, it is fun to play! And books, cds, DVDs, and all sorts of other fun stuff. This weekend we have tickets to see Glen Phillips one night, and The Lion King another. I can't wait.

Hello to all the Alternachicks! :wave:

Lizziness - Love the new avatar. :)

mauvaisroux 01-03-2007 09:23 AM

Squeaker - he had his in about 2 weeks after it was released. One of the stores here that he is a regular customer at got three in one day and they called him to tell him as he had already put a deposit on one of the games - he rushed down there and picked it up right away. :D Now everyone wants a Wii and it seems impossible to get one.

lizziness 01-04-2007 03:17 PM

Squeak - thanks! that's the first picture that has been taken of me since i got fat that i can actually stand. i was so happy i put it on here. :)

I'm kinda glad we don't have a Wii right now... I much prefer my hubby to only take up the computer with his gaming so I can at least watch TV while I'm a gaming-widow. :) Besides I got Okami for christmas, it's a PS2 game and it is awesome. I'm turning into a gamer myself.

How's everyone's first week of 2007? I'm sadly home sick... I am going in to the Dr... but I think I might have strep throat or something. ick.

lizziness 01-04-2007 10:04 PM

well, it's not strep. yay. it's a virus. boo. that means no meds, just have to wait it out.
it sure was weird having to get a prescription for sudafed though. like that's going to help anyway.
what's really weird is, sudafed when it was OTC cost like what, 6 bucks? i just got it for less than $3.00

mauvaisroux 01-04-2007 11:06 PM

Glad that it's not Strep! Hope you are feeling better soon.

squeaker 01-04-2007 11:10 PM

I have had that Sudefed stuff before, Lizziness - I loved it! :getwell:
I have decided to try games, as I don't want to be a gaming-widow. :) I actually really like some of them. We tried Magic last night. It was interesting. It will be awhile before I will be any good at it. I like World of Warcraft too. I also use the time he plays games to read, and watch TV shows I like. I really don't mind. Sometimes we just sit in the same room and each do our own thing, and that's enough. :)

mauvaisroux 01-05-2007 10:24 AM

I'm with you Squeaker - I'm supposed to be trying my hand at some video games this year. I have some friends trying to talk me into trying out WOW but I think I need to test drive some easier games first.

It's been a weird and long week at work so all I have to say is TGIF!!!! :cb:

Spideranne 01-05-2007 01:46 PM

I'm with you TGIF!!!! Unfortunately I have to, have to, have to spend time this weekend getting the books done through Dec. for our business. I have been procrastinating through the holidays, and I have dug myself a hole.

Have fun with the gaming Squeaker and Mauv. My DH is mostly into RPG's. He has a standard once a week gaming night and I actually enjoy the time to myself. I tried to go with him a few times and just could not get into it. It seemed to take so long.

Lizziness - hope you feel better soon.

lizziness 01-05-2007 02:29 PM

We have found that games together can be a great way to spend time. We play Magic, and just a lot of the really neat board and card games that are out now, we really like San Juan, Lost Cities, there's a tile laying game that is great called Carcassone that I love and he tolerates. :) It's a great way to bond.
And I think I do feel better if he's playing his game in the same room with me than if he's off in his corner...
My hubby goes out every Saturday night too, he plays D & D with some friends. They've invited me to come along but DH is very against it. I think he wants to have his own thing by himself, I understand even though it kind of hurts my feelings a little. It'd be nice to have couple friends... but that's ok.

I'm off to eat something and then get stoned - er, i mean take some Sudafed. Same thing though, really. :)

mauvaisroux 01-10-2007 11:57 AM

Hope everyone is doing well! :)

I've been very busy this week between ww, dance class, and packing up my office. :faint: I think I will be crashing on the weekend. :p

Spideranne 01-10-2007 07:43 PM

Hey everyone.

Has this been a exhausting week for anyone else? It's only Wed. and it so feels like it should be Fri. already. I keep messing up the days.

And I soooo don't want to cook dinner tonight. Ok - enough whining.

lizziness 01-10-2007 09:48 PM

I'm with you. This week has been like swimming upstream the entire time. I have a feeling when/if I get to the top it will be a brick wall. :)