Alternachick chat - January 2007

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • Yep! I'm exhausted and can't wait for Friday! I didn't sleep very well last night either so that's not helping.

I have been crabby at work for two days due to stress. I have resolved to be in a better mood today!
  • We are having horrible weather today. It poured all morning and now the cold front is coming through so it is freezing rain and everything is suppose to turn to ice overnight. Its going to make going anywhere impossible.

At least it is forcing me to stay inside and get some stuff done around the house.
  • Winter finally arrived up hear in Eastern Ontario - and it came with a vengeance!

We had blowing snow and minus 21C with the windchill!

I'm looking forward to tomorrow night as I have both my WW meeting and my dance class so I can work off stress.
  • wow. brrrr. i'm freezing here too. it snowed like 3 inches on Thursday and it never went away, it turned to ice and did i mention it never went away?! usually snow is gone 2 hours after it came and we like it that way. at least i do.

work has been quite stressful and i am getting fed up! the saddest part is that i love this job and if people in my department worked effectively and together it would be soooo great. even though i love what i'm doing, i wish i was doing it with a better group of people and with just a little bit of communication. arg. it is so tiring.

is it wrong that i'm already counting down the minutes til Friday night?
  • Nope! I'm doing the same thing! LOL!
  • Went to see Pan's Labyrinth on the weekend - it was great! Good story, nice visuals and great acting. I had read a lot about it and was glad to be able to see it on the big screen.
  • Hello everyone.

I had a great weekend. DH and I went down to Austin, he was competing in the Texas State Weightlifting meet. It was a great competition. My husband took 2nd place in his weight class, I'm so proud of him. Here is a little video of one of his lifts. He weighs 165 and he is lifting 226 in this lift. He lifted 242 later in the competition, but I didn't get a video.
    http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ateMeet013.flv
  • Cool! And congratulations to your hubby!
  • Hey gals. I am so glad you liked Pan's Labyrinth. I really found it visually stunning and heartbreaking. I don't think I'd watch it a second time... because one is enough on some movies.

I am STILL freaking sick. I have been sick since before January started. I am so annoyed. I do this every January it seems... I can not kick this... very frustrating.
  • I'm back! I've bit MIA lateley as I hav e been moving my office and just too busy and tired to log on.

Things are better now and I will start my new job in about a week!

Liziness - hope you are feeling better soon!
  • Mauvais - New job??? oooo, What is it? Is it with the same place?

Lizziness - I hope you are feeling better!

Congrats to your DH Spideranne!

Doing ok here, mostly just puttering around, nothing exciting. Not losing weight, and not exercising much. But I am trying to get back into the swing of it!
  • Squeaker - I finally got a government job! How is your job going these days?
    How are things with the boy?
  • thanks, ladies.. I am finally starting to get better, yay!!!

work has been extraordinarily stressful the last two or three weeks, I hope that it will be calming down soon. You know it's bad when you have to go out after work on a Monday for a drink with your co-worker.