Old 01-03-2018, 12:47 PM   #31  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hi Katybee and Laura!

Laura: I remember your smile and shiny medal from another thread! Glad to hear you are doing well. Happy New Year!

Katy: I've been considering WW, but wonder if it is much different than logging in MFP. I was losing steadily while doing that, but then got lazy/apathetic and quit... welcome to 3fc!

Last edited by LurchMomma; 01-03-2018 at 12:49 PM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 07:07 PM   #32  

Default Hello everybody,

I'm 55 and hoping to lose weight, glad to see that weight watchers seems to be working for some, that was an option I wanted to look into. In 2018 like most of you, would like to have a saner approach to life. I'm retired so I don't really have the excuse that I don't have time to eat well (but still don't, use to blame my hubby for that in then realised that he's not to blame for my lack of self control) Last spring started walking and that went well until my foot started to hurt (then gave up ) Oh well such is life and now have to get back on that horse and put all the chances on my side.

Hoping you all the best of chances with a better approach to life.

Will keep looking at your post for inspiration.

(please I'm french so hoping there isn't to many mistakes in my written)
Still Hoping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2018, 08:21 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 265/148/132-136

Height: 5'6" - 64 YO

Still Hoping.

I think making peace with pain is part of our journey as we get older! I have had to learn much about feet because I have high arches, a fractured/plated ankle, stretched out tendons, scar tissue and bone spurs. For me keeping them warm is EVERYTHING and I can tolerate the rest though I do take gapapentin prescribed by dr for nerve pain and it helps.
grannynancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 02:01 AM   #34  
Fishing for a plan!

Hi Still Hoping!

I agree with Grannynancy. I think it's not only physical pain at this stage of life, but also the lifetime accumulation of emotional pain that seems to ramp up as well. Physical pain makes exercise more difficult, while emotional pain tends to make donuts irresistible! Hang in there and hold on to that HOPE.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:08 AM   #35  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

who's idea was it that mid-life crises and menopause should happen at the same time, anyway?
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 08:01 PM   #36  

Hi, I am 50+ and trying again to lose. I had luck with LAWL before so will try again. Menopause is making it difficult so I keep trying different things. I like Tone It Up and their daily free workouts and did their 5day de-tox to kick things off. I was down 2 lbs so I am motivated to stick with it. Good luck all😊
Tcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 11:02 PM   #37  
mossfootrunner!

S/C/G: 126kg/93kg/70kg

Height: 162cm(ish)

Welcome Tcrazy! What’s LAWL?
Magicsusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 04:47 AM   #38  

[QUOTE=Magicsusan;5344578]Welcome Tcrazy! What’s LAWL?[/QUOTEI]
It means LA Weight Loss , I am finding a lot of other plans are very similar with just different amounts of fruits/veggies. I am also having a hard time drinking as much water as I should in the winter.
Tcrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 01:08 PM   #39  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello Magic Susan and TCrazy!

The holidays bowled me over this year and I never got my feet underneath me to launch into the new year with resolution and purpose. I've been feeling sad that I missed it, so I've decided MY new year will officially start Jan 23rd.
Old 01-30-2018, 07:21 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 272/See Ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magicsusan View Post
who's idea was it that mid-life crises and menopause should happen at the same time, anyway?
Right?

I thought I was done with menopause as in my period had stopped. Then in 2016 I had a total hysterectomy and some other not so fun repairs. I could not exercise for awhile and seriously got out of the habit before the surgery. I fluctuate between 205 and 208. The worst part is that even though I've maintained the same weight since August of 2016 I look like I've gained 30 pounds. My muscle has disappeared and been replaced by flubbery fat. I think I had a little bit of happy hormones before the surgery and my new normal is that I have to work harder just to maintain. So I'm going to have to work even harder to lose.
lotsakids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 12:46 PM   #41  
Fishing for a plan!

Hi Lotsakids!

I've been having miserable hot flashes. I'm actually considering HRT. The Hot flashes light up my rosacea and my red face looks as angry as the hot flashes make me feel! My mom took the big yellow premarin pill from the time she was 32 until they finally cut her off in her late 60s. She had no adverse effects....