3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Old 06-17-2017, 10:53 PM   #1
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

Default Hello

Hello

I was part of that Golden Girls thread, but little by little everyone has left. Kind of sad. I used to come here ~ came here pretty much daily since joining in 2000 and share stuff. I haven't posted in a while, but thought I would tonight.

Kind of silly, but I had a NSV (non scale victory) tonight. I baked a cake at my granddaughter's request for tomorrow for Mother's day for her mom. One of those little Jiffy cakes. They are just the right size ~ a few pieces without much left overs. I didn't even lick the beaters or spatula. Yippee for me.

She bought this cute mother's day card that had a doggie on it and it said something about taking time in life to stop and lick the icing. So to go with this she bought and wrapped a container of icing and asked me to bake the cake.

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow to all the mother's out there.

ETA ~ Oops ~ I was just looking back at my post ~ it was Father's Day ~ we made the cake because it was my daughter's birthday. Every few years her birthday and Father's Day fall on the same day. So, I got mixed up. Wished a friend Happy Mother's day ~ she nicely told me it was Father's Day ~ I hadn't realized my mistake until then. LOL

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)

Last edited by glynne; 06-23-2017 at 11:52 AM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 08:25 PM   #2
Want to feel better

Another NSV ~ I helped my granddaughter frost the little cake I made last night for her mom's birthday. Didn't taste any of it or even have a piece of cake. That is huge for me.

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)

Old 06-19-2017, 12:54 AM   #3
Kentucky Dreamer

S/C/G: 181/ticker/138

Height: 5'8"

Hello Glynne!

I used to post a lot in another 50+ thread a year or so ago. It died out too. Fantastic that you were able to resist the temptation of chocolate decadence! I recently started Atkins induction and have successfully stared down pizza, donuts, chocolate covered cherry cake, a giant platter sized cookie and a salted caramel macaroon. I work 2nd shift and these landmines were all brought by well meaning families and co-workers within the past week! Donuts, pizza, cookies, cakes and ice cream have always been a terrible weakness of mine! So I understand what a victory that was for you! Stay strong!
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:15 PM   #4
Want to feel better

Thank you for the encouragement LurchMomma. And awesome job with resisting your favorites.

Old 06-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #5
Want to feel better

Some days good (with the eating), some days not as good. My husband and I are doing that Eat to Live way of eating (Dr. Joel Fuhrman). We've been doing it for a couple years now. He does better than I do ~ that is always the way it has been with the eating (frustrating that he is almost perfect at it). I follow it more loosely. Even though I don't do it to the letter, I am eating way better than I did for a long time. And because of a recent little health scare, I have finally (hopefully) reined in my struggle with sweets. I have done really well with that ~ that is huge for me, as sweets have been my life long struggle.