Old 07-09-2017, 04:22 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 183/183/154

Height: 5ft 6

Evening Glynne......not good about your headaches, I was having troublesome ones last year and they were just put down to hormonal, they have calmed down but I do stil get them at times.....must be aa nightmare though when you are getting them regularly!!!!
Awh nice having your grandaughter staying over, my oldest daughter lives very close and she has three girls, 10 8 and 3...so its nice they are so near, I had two of them earlier today and we made pancakes then tonight they were here for Sunday dinner!!
Have to say I was quite focused this week with the diet but today its not been great..but hey ho back on it tomorrow :-)
shaz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #32  
Debbie

Height: 5'3"

Good morning! I am pretty strict with measuring and weighing everything that goes in my mouth but have been eyeballing the cream that I put in my 2 cups of coffee every morning. I decided to actually measure out 1 ounce this morning and was surprised to find that I have actually been overestimating the amount I am using! Oh happy day!!! My coffee is my indulgence/pleasure every day and tastes so much better with 1 actual ounce of cream per cup rather than what I was estimating before.
I have my grandson 4 days a week this summer when my daughter is working and I am enjoying it so much. Today looks rainy so we will probably hang out here at the house and play games.
The scale read 244 this morning. Whatever I am doing lately seems to be working well. I'll take it while it lasts!
Well wishes to everyone!!
boopchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 12:37 PM   #33  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello ladies,

Sorry I haven't been here more often. Busy, busy, busy.

Maybe things will slow down when school starts up again. Maybe not ~ then I switch over to a different busy. I can't remember if I had mentioned before ~ I've got a project looming before me that I have put off far too long and I need to get at it. We need to down size our stuff. I've got boxes of stuff that need to be gone through and decide what to keep, what to throw and what to give away. Then organize what ever we decide to keep.

Boop ~ your coffee creamer was an error that turned out good. Getting an amount that makes your coffee enjoyable and it is ok. Those are the nice kind of surprises.

Shaz ~ glad your granddaughters live close enough that you get to enjoy them.

Hello wantochange, Debbie and LurchMomma.

Hope you all are having a good day.

Last edited by glynne; 07-12-2017 at 12:41 PM.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:04 AM   #34  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Wee Hours Of the Morning, All!

I have been feeling very blah and tired. I think the low carb diet is just not for me. Last time I tried it, the same thing happened, but I was diagnosed with Lyme
disease around the same time, so I wasn't sure if low carb was to blame. Now I'm pretty sure that it is. LOL. live and learn.

Hello to Boop and Gayle and Shaz and Debbie. And hello to WanttoChange! I saw your name as a recent poster the other day and immediately got this crazy image of a goat in my head. When I clicked on it, there was the goat in all its glory! Hahahaha! I remember you from an old thread.

I will be rethinking my plan....again....

Hope you are all well.

Last edited by LurchMomma; 07-14-2017 at 01:05 AM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 12:11 PM   #35  
Debbie

Hello everyone!
I'll be spending the day at home today. It's raining and in the 60s so the perfect day for me to go through through the house cleaning and organizing before Bryan gets in on Sunday morning. It's been so nice out that I've been spending as much time outdoors and swimming at the lake, beach and river as I can. I just finished putting all of my music on my external hard drive and syncing it to my phone. Wish I had done it much sooner. All of my music at my fingertips whenever and wherever I want it! Yes!
Old 07-16-2017, 04:09 AM   #36  

S/C/G: 183/183/154

Height: 5ft 6

Morning Ladies....well been a busy few days here.....and one of the pups was in for their big girl op and has been under the weather but picking up now!!! Summer time here in Scotland and yesterday it rained ALL day!!!!
Well just stood on the scales and they are up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aagghhh lost three pounds over last week or so...I do feel there is a hormonal element going on!!!!
I have a few things to do today...so I have to try and stay focused!!!!
Enjoy your Sunday :-)
shaz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 01:10 AM   #37  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all,
Busy, busy, busy. Had a non scale victory of sorts. Every once in a while I have one of those gas station cappuccinos. Well, I had one without dumping a bunch of extra sugar in it. I have been trying to give up sugar/sweets - that has been a lifelong struggle for me - so I felt like that was major.
Hurt my foot tonight. Hope it feels better soon.
Hope you all are doing well.
glynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 12:31 PM   #38  
Debbie

Hi everyone!

My son is flying back to CA today. We had such a great week doing things together with the family! I will admit that I am exhausted...we packed a lot of activities in. Hope you are all doing well. Seems that I am firmly in the 230s now so I am excited about that! Today will be low key. It's raining and 57 degrees F so feels more like spring. Perfect day to chill at home and watch a movie!
Old 07-27-2017, 09:27 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 210/195/150

Height: 5'2"

Default Two suggestions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurchMomma View Post
Good Wee Hours Of the Morning, All!

I have been feeling very blah and tired. I think the low carb diet is just not for me.
May I make two suggestions, LurchMomma? 1) Have your vitamin B and D levels checked to make sure you aren't low on them. There are other mineral and vitamin deficiencies that can cause fatigue, but they are two very common culprits. 2) Increase your intake of healthy fats, like coconut oil.
mygoalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 02:04 PM   #40  
Fishing for a plan!

Hello All:

Mygoalz: I had my Vit D and B12 levels checked last time I went low carb and felt this way, and they were fine. While I was at the doctor appointment, he looked back at old labs for comparison values and he noticed that I had been positive for lyme disease a couple of years before, but I had never been notified (I was in the hospital overnight and discharged before all the lab results came back). So, I was never sure if it was Lyme or low carb that was making me feel so horrible. I quit low carb and was treated for Lyme, and did get some energy back. I just started back on low carb a month or two ago, and found I had absolutely no energy again. I was eating coconut oil, avocados, etc. It's all complicated by menopause now, LOL. Who knows. It could even be my thyroid! Thanks for your concern!

Hello Boop and Shaz and Gayle and Debbie!
Old 07-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #41  

I do think things change when you get older too, and that the things that work for one person do not necessarily work for another. Every body is unique.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:04 PM   #42  
Fishing for a plan!

Mygoalz: The crazy thing is, when I was in my late 30's, I lost almost 40 pounds doing low carb, and I felt great doing it. I really didn't expect 16 years to make such a profound difference. I am coming to realize that things change. You would think I'd have figured that out by now! Are you doing a low carb plan?
Old 07-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #43  

Same here, LurchMomma, my body does not respond the same way that it used to. Yes, I am using a LCHF diet combined with intermittent fasting. I'm less concerned with how fast the weight comes off than I am in controlling my diabetes (Type 2) without the medications and feeling healthier.

Diabetes Soapbox Backstory (Please skip if you are uninterested): My diabetes diagnosis happened in a 5 minute session with a doctor who said, "Well, you're a diabetic now. We'll be putting you on three different medications and everything will be fine." (Out the door, none of my questions answered.) Switched doctors, but took the metformin. Then, I started to draw the line when two different doctors insisted I go on blood pressure lowering meds because they "would protect my kidneys" - which showed no sign of decreased function or compromise on my lab tests. The metformin was making me feel ill at that point with little benefit, and I already have low blood pressure naturally. To quote one doctor, "Well, we'll just try the lowest dose then. You wouldn't want me to get in trouble with the insurance company." (Well, yes Doc, actually I would like you to make a decision based on my body's needs and NOT what the insurance company wants you to write a script for instead.) I started doing research, a lot of it, and learned some disturbing things about all those meds they hand out to diabetics... the chief things being that the medications do not actually improve long term outcomes for diabetics, that the three medications they put people on initially cause a cascading effect which results in ever increasing doses of each to get them to continue to work, AND the current research on diabetes (early 2000s and on) actually shows the current recommendations of the ADA (American Diabetes Association) are based on outdated theory and make the disease worse. So, I'm bucking the recommendations until I can no longer control my diabetes through diet and exercise.

Last edited by mygoalz; 07-28-2017 at 11:50 AM.
Old 07-28-2017, 01:05 PM   #44  
Fishing for a plan!

Mygoalz: How long have you been diabetic? How is your HgbA1C? I am a nurse (LPN) and I know that Lisinopril (an ACE inhibitor) is often prescribed to protect the kidneys from damage to related to diabetes. I know one of the concerns is that renal damage can be asymptomatic before renal impairment becomes obvious. I'm sure you are watching your BUN and creatinine closely. Are you able to control your diabetes successfully with diet and exercise?
Old 07-28-2017, 09:49 PM   #45  

Hi LurchMomma! I was diagnosed about 2 years ago. The first 8 months I was not responding well to the medication (Metformin) they gave me. It made me sick to my stomach and I was starting to get headaches with no real difference in my BS. When the answer was to increase the dose and also go on more medications, I started doing research. I'm happy to report that I have been able to successfully control my diabetes through LCHF diet, intermittent fasting, and exercise. (The only time it went out of whack last year was completely my fault because I started stress eating junk.) The intermittent fasting is definitely a key part of the strategy.

I'm not anti-meds if lifestyle changes won't work at controlling my BS, but I have closely monitored my numbers, even going to the local hospital to order the tests on my own to track my progress, and since my sugars are under control I don't agree with taking the meds at this time. (My doctors were "here, pop these pills" and then walked out the door. Doctors who have no time to discuss my health and diagnosis with me just don't need my business.) As to the medications to lower my blood pressure, I already have problems with getting dizzy or feeling faint if I stand up too quickly, sit too long, don't drink enough water, etc... My pressure is regularly in the lower 90s over low 60s. Therefore, they really need to give me a better reason to start taking something that could lower it than that's what the insurance companies say that's what they should prescribe. I'm going to a new doctor in two weeks who is a DO, and I'm hoping she will be open to working with me on this. We shall see.

Last edited by mygoalz; 07-28-2017 at 09:56 PM.