Old 06-23-2016, 07:06 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/185?

Height: 5'6"

Default Climbing out Purgatory...I HOPE!!!

It sucks getting old. I wish my grandparents & parents would have warned me! I've been basically in a state of purgatory for the last few months.
H's health has been a mess. Doctors have been very little help. Dealing with them has been like unravel decades of knots with just my left hand. I think we may be seeing the light at the end of the tunnel...he's felt pretty good the last day or 2.
This stress blew up in my face. My sciatica has been just a monster. I think that unlike some people who hold stress in their shoulders, I hold my in my lower back/hips. I've been trying to walk, but when it just hurt to walk from the bedroom to the bathroom or out to the kitchen. IT SUCKS!!
I do have an appointment with a new doctor in about 3 weeks. I'm going to basically stand on this doctor tell he really hears me!!!! I know there's probably "not a lot that can be done", but I've gotta try!
I miss my walking!! I'm lucky if I can walk around our mobile home park. It does have a pretty steep incline & I was able to walk it twice yesterday evening....felt good about that. But I wish I was hiking like I had planned just this spring! I've got sooo many trails around here! Oh, well...they'll be there when H & I both are doing better. But I had such plans!!!
Anywhos....I'm back at it AGAIN. I almost hate myself, but I CANNOT GIVE UP!!! I just got to remind myself to take it slow & not aggravate my condition. Work with it not against it! New mantra....go with it, not against it.
Hugs & good wishes to all!!!
MrsTryingAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 11:35 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

Im turning 50 this year and I wish someone would have told me to take care of myself a lot sooner. I can't believe all the aches and pains. Any way, my weight lose progress has definitely been slow going, but I know a lot more now about nutrition than I knew the first 45 years of my life. Best wishes with the new doc!
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:52 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

MrsTryingAgain, if you think about it, your parents and grandparents DID warn you. They told you to "eat your vegetables," which give you body the nutritients it needs to fight disease, and they told you to "go out and play," which provided the exercise your body needs to be mobile. Ever see how kids, run, jump and skip? They are moving constantly, using their muscles, burning calories. Well, they used to be that way, until hand-held electronics took over their lives.

That walk around the mobile home park is a big start. Eventually, it will get easier, and you will be able to go farther, and faster. You'll see.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote