Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2016, 11:58 AM   #286  

Height: 5' 2"

Sorry it has been so long since I was able to be on here. Our life just became more crazy with so much scheduled, no time to be home, then exhausted.

I did something today I never thought I'd ever do. Becky and I are in charge of the church Adoration Chapel and are responsible for making sure that the hours are filled. Most people just keep the same hour each week. They are our delight, but I have 6 hours during afternoons that no one shows up for UNLESS I call and get some one to come. Lots of calls to finally get someone to say yes. I live 16 miles away and can't just go and do it myself.

Last night in middle of night I woke up with a new idea! On Wednesdays I go 18 miles EAST to Mass and Bible Class that is wonderful, the rush 29 miles WEST to 3:00 to 5:00 Adoration. Always late and taking risk driving so fast in such short time. With prayer, I decided Mass and BIble Class are most important so after today (I miss Bible today) I'll go for my last Wednesday 2 hour Adoration in the West. After this I'll find one of the many open hours and substitute for and hour each week when I can. Now I can relax and enjoy Mass and Bible Class - taking major stress out of my day!!! Sometimes DH will go with me when we go West for Adoration for ONE hour, then grocery shop and go home.

After going back to sleep, waking up relaxed, I still feel that giving up my 2 hours after today is the right thing to do, I feel good about it. I have so much trouble to say "NO" to good things.

Mary your new shrubs and ideas for your back yard sound very good. I love our Burning Bushes. I planted a chartreuse Sweet Potato in 3 stacked pots near ours, Looks good now, but will look great when the Burning Bush shows red this fall against the chartreuse Sweet Potato!!! Shrubs give such satisfaction, take up space that can block off neighbors, or unpleasant sights, and yet don't require the care my many flowers take. Keep us posted.
Did yo mean that your Son is out of the house now, or just for the short time.

RE: Children's parties. Aren't they expensive? We kept ours down, but had lots of fun things to do here at the house or in the yard. I still run into grownups that mention the fun they had as kids at the parties here in our home.

RE: School Supplies. I always had to take my own, but never owned a book bag and had fewer needs. In Middle and High School we had lockers so I only brought home the most necessary books. I'm shocked at the load back packs of heavy books are taking on children!!! Without the hours of outside play like we had as kids, they simply are so weak I worry about extreme back problems for them.

Thank Goodness, we are free of those worries!!!

Carol Sue Interesting that your limit of carbs makes such a difference!!! I wish I would eat far more veggies than I do. Fruit is never a problem, and I love eggs fixed with peppers, or parsley, or onions each morning. With fruit, our big breakfasts are truly eating like a King. Lunch is often left overs, or 1/2 sandwich on whole wheat bread. We drink 1% organic milk twice a day, and sometimes I have whole grain cereal with berries and walnuts with milk.

I've found a delicious bar that is high in protein and fiber, but low in sodium that I can keep in my pocketbook for times we are out. KIND has some that are low carb, but 6% protein and even 7% fiber, low salt, and even have chocolate drizzled on them with lots and lots of nuts. I really like them, I pay 4.95 for box of 4 at Wallmart. Well worth the amount. I discovered they also use soy for the increase in protein. Are one of you unable to use soy????

Weight is on back burner and not cooking at all. My jeans are loose but scale denies it. I'm reading lots and lots in this very, very hot muggy weather. When I go out to garden, I get so sweaty in short time, then weak and must come it. Haven't been going to Gym but once this month. Today I plan to go to gym on my way to my last Wednesday Adoration this afternoon. I drive right past it and Pat said it is good and cool inside when she went this morning.

Sandy

Sandy
Old 07-27-2016, 10:29 PM   #287  

Height: 5'3"

It's been a difficult family day...so I'll make this brief as don't want to share all that ...just hoping it is over and doesn't start up again tonight. We did get to the gym this morning and I tried to nap for a while after, then this afternoon, I mopped the kitchen floor. Glad to get it done earlier in the day for a change! Tonight I made Beef and Peppers ..not a stir-fry..more like Swiss steak only cooked on top of the stove. I used a good size green pepper from our garden and it was pretty good. Had lots of a onion tomato sauce and I served it with rice. ETA: I ate more meat tonight than usual, and now I feel kinda sick...think partly it was the tomato based sauce though...a little is ok, but a second scoop of it was too much! I don't think I'll make this recipe again.

Sandy - I think it's great how you work in your church and have discovered a better, more convenient way to do it now esp if it is more relaxing for you too! I'm sure you are much appreciated by the staff and congregation. Had to look up the Chartruse Sweet Potato...never heard of it before. A pretty green color. We have a large bush sorta behind and to the left of the burning bush we just planted and thought it would look good with it...it has a bit of pink/red in its leaves though, so not all green. I think we may put something green nearer to it on the sides too maybe. Does your plant actually grow sweet potatoes or is that just the name? Didn't see anything about that on the one site I went to. I did notice it can even grow in partial or no shade. We are looking for a something we can hang in the corner of our front entry way. That area does not get much sun and although we have not had problems in the past, this year everything dh has planted there has died. He wanted a perennial but so far no luck finding one. Yes I'm glad not to be raising children and all that entails! I'm not even that interested in babysitting...I feel like I'm a terrible grandma and sometimes have even been accused of it!

Yes KIND is a good bar...I buy them now and then but I can't have a box in my house...I'd eat them all...glad you can though. I can consume soy however when I was on Medifast...the soy protein they used in most everything began to make me feel kinda sick. Too much of a good thing, I guess. I simply got sick of their food. The KIND bars never bother me though.

Carol - I'm making lasagna this week too! Maybe tomorrow. Have you made yours by now? How did your bs do? I've always been told to take Amaryl before I eat in order to have it ready for the food...and it does help me prevent a spike as at one hour is always my highest bs. Some people have told me that their highest is at two hours though which seemed strange to me.. I'm not big on frozen veggies but Costco seems to have better ones than the other conventional stores here. The bags are huge but guess if used regularly that's not a problem. The only canned vegetables I buy are corn (rarely but more often with family here who really like it), pinto and kidney beans and tomato sauce. Cool that you got the coupon for flour! I'd use it too although I rarely buy flour. Usually end up throwing it out as it's been in my cupboard so long I'm not sure about it's quality. Glad the recalled product did not harm you.

Your dh's problem with his card made me think of me...I used to have trouble with my debit/ATM card...it used to quit working on me and I too had to pay $5 for a new one each time. They gave me a sleeve to put it in because they said it was caused by it coming into contact with other cards in my wallet. The sleeve may have helped because I never had a problem again, however I no longer have a sleeve and sometimes it still comes into contact with other cards. If I remember though I try to keep it next to a paper card (versus plastic with magnetic strip) or in it's own slot with no other cards. Could be they are simply making them better now too. Or maybe I've just been fortunate so far.

Poor Rusty! I hope things aren't too bad for him at the groomers. Halo doesn't seem to mind but she is pretty docile about most everything. Things that do upset her are fireworks, being left outside alone, and being closed in a room. She is a very emotional dog and has to be free but must have someone close by.

I ate more meat tonight than usual, and now I feel kinda sick...think partly it was the tomato based sauce though...a little is ok, but a second scoop of it was too much!

My weight has stayed up the two pounds for a couple days now. I hope I see a drop soon.
ETA: LOL I said I'd make this brief but it turned out long!

Last edited by maryea; 07-27-2016 at 10:34 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:18 PM   #288  

I slept in late, just felt I needed the rest. It's a warm sunny day today. The kids have left for a park to meet new friends which I think will be esp good for mama. Not sure what's for dinner tonight...this is pizza night...so will see if that's what they still want to do. I can always open up some cans of chili and make cornbread for them. At least one or two will like that. Dh and I rarely eat this way but Its almost impossible to please them all so I try to find something at least some will like. Last night I made brownies and the kids enjoyed them but I realized later that was the children's dinner! And they took so long to cool that they ended up eating them in bed. No one minded of course, but it bothered me.

I have been forgetting to clean the kitchen window so think today I'll try to get that done plus weekly clean the living room maybe. There are a couple extra tasks to do in that room as well. Not in the mood but they need to be done. At least I'm ahead in my cleaning this week so can sorta spread the tasks between today and tomorrow. I also need to get my lab work done before my next diabetic appt. I didn't fast last night so maybe tomorrow, At least my weight fell back down to my sig weight. Wish I could get myself at least stay at that weight.

Nothing much going on here to talk about..hope you are are all doing well. Wondering how Karrine and Nan are. Still praying for them.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:56 PM   #289  

Mary When you mentioned cleaning the Kitchen window, I remembered telling DH that it is getting very splashed as he and DD are so vigorous with their washing. They keep me out of the kitchen, but last night I insisted on stringing the fresh green beans and cooking them MY WAY. I'd missed having the Summer Savory on the green beans and that's how I fixed them. With fresh corn on cob and fresh tomatoes, skim milk, we had a summer garden supper. So good.

Sounds as iff the kids and your Son are still with you. I does make a difference when just you and your husband, doesn't it. With DH or DD doing the meals for breakfast and dinner, I sometimes miss just getting in the kitchen to make some of the foods I enjoy but they don't. Trying to find things is nerve wracking, however. For over 50 years I had thing at the "place of first use." So convenient. Now I can't even find my favorite tubberwear that must be almost that old. I'd made a salad to take to Church, that tight lid made it easy to carry, but we never found the bowl nor the lid. I know I left it no where because I've always been super careful to label items, and to be sure to bring them home. Oh Well . . . .

Hope your lab work turns out good.

Amazed that I still feel right that I'm NOT going on Wednesday to the 2 hours I've covered for almost 14 years. I even took time off work to go. Feels right and I believe that is answered prayer.

Carol Sue Hope you've figured a way to make the mask work so you can be comfortable sleeping.

I pulled out the Straight 8 cucumber vine that was running over everyting, yet was so hard to try to find cucumbers under all those leaves till it would be too big and not taste good. We still have 2 vines of small pickling cucmbers climging the trellis so they are easy to see and pick while small. All three of us love cucumbers! Wish the tomatoes and peppers would produce - but even tho in very good soil, the weather has not helped. It is either raining or it is so hot that it causes the veggies to stop. Worst garden we've ever had!

Flowers and trees and shrubs are doing fine.

Mary asked if the sweet potato can be eaten, NO. It is designed simply to form long hanging stems that are full of leaves. I'll put one or two stem over the fence & Trellis to help hide neighbor's pool. Your shrubs sound good.
Old 07-28-2016, 09:53 PM   #290  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mary, lasagne doesn't bother my blood sugar much. I think that's because it contains the meat and cheese. I have heard if your eat protein and fat with carbs it slows the absorption of the carbs. My doctor instructed me to take my Amaryl before I eat, but what if my blood sugar is not high and I don't eat any carbs. Then my blood sugar will go too low. When he gave me this new RX he said "Be careful. That's 2mg." I had been taking 1 mg previously. The way I have been eating lately I am good taking 1/2 mg twice a day. If I took 1 mg or 2 mg, I would be getting dangerous hypos. Or, I could add more carbs to my meals. I don't want to do that. I am working toward getting to the day that I can control this with diet and exercise and get off the Amaryl altogether. The only way I can do that is to eat fewer carbs. I know it might not sound right, but it works for me.

Rusty's visit to the groomers was terrible. He carried on so bad. Even DH had to come in to help us keep him in place while she cut his hair. I tip her really well because I don't want her to ever say she can't do him anymore. She earns her money. DH asked her if she ever gets other dogs that act like him and she said yes. He was miserable and grumpy all evening and DH said he's was mad at me, but this morning he was jumping all over the place when I got up so he is back to his old self. He forgot all about that stressful haircut. He looks so small now without all that hair.
Old 07-29-2016, 03:26 PM   #291  

I have asked my dil to please ask me BEFORE she makes an apt to see whether I can babysit, even same day appts. That way I can let her know yes/no and if necessary she can make it another day. Most of my "plans" can be changed however I would like the courtesy of having an option.
However this morning she told me she has changed todays appt (she had never mentioned me babysitting but just yesterday did say something about having an appt), to Monday morning (before I am usually up and a day she knows we go to the gym), I wondered why she mentioned it so I asked did you want me to babysit? And she said well the kids will be asleep when I leave...well, even if they are asleep, wouldn't I still be babysitting if she is not home She seems to think it's ok to slip out and leave them with me if they are sleeping, quietly watching a video or even if she is outside in the car talking on the phone....I reminded her that is the day we usually go to the gym but since I at least have prior knowledge, yes, I will do it. If I hadn't asked, I would not have had prior knowledge though. She said she should be back before we have to leave. But to me this shows she still does not understand my request or is ignoring it. I am not sure how to reach her so am just praying for wisdom to get through this time until they move. If the appraisal works out ok (not more $$$$$), they should move around Aug 11 or 12.

I went in for my blood work and had to leave urine too ...I'd forgotten about that. Think it's to check how Januvia is affecting my kidneys. I'm very disappointed in myself because the Januvia was helping my bs a lot, but then after the kids moved in and I saw all their goodies I allowed myself to be tempted and started craving things I really can't eat...at least not until I can limit my portions. So several times I have over eaten...sometimes for a few days at a time and my bs have been higher again. Still some good ones but too many highs and I'm afraid my A1C will be affected. It's an average so too many highs are bound to affect it at least some. At least I have been able to maintain my same weight range, up or down 2 or 3#. I am again 2# above my sig weight...but I guess I can call that stable if I'm still in the same range.

Carol - I'm glad you have found a way to use Amaryl that works for you. I guess I could do that too when I overeat with the junk at times perhaps but I hate the stuff so much I don't even want to take 1 mg. I'm still taking 4 mg with dinner though since I know evenings are the worst eating times usually for me. However the junk food eating episodes I've had recently...licorice and potato chips and dip...have sometimes been afternoons. I'm sure some of it has been emotional eating too. I still do pretty well with meals, only rarely eating a little more than usual. I wish I could go without carbs more easily...it is SO hard for me...I could more easily go without meat although I do like a little esp at dinner. I often have no meat at breakfast or lunch...I think my protein intake would be considered adequate but it would be better if I got more protein to help with my bs. Protein slows down the rise of BS, however I've been told by my previous doctor that fat hinders the insulin from taking the glucose into the cell. I don't think I normally eat a huge amt of fat (compared with most people) but still I get too much and esp when I give into the junk food. Basically, I tend to get too many carbs and probably could use more protein when I snack. My dd likes to eat the deli turkey slices or eggs (esp whites) but I just can't get myself to eat things like that often.

Sandy - Know how it is when others put away things in places you don't expect. It doesn't happen often to me because I'm usually the only one who takes care of cooking and dishes but now and then someone tries to be helpful...I appreciate the thought but boy, it can take me a while to find something I need!

We have a child's birthday party this after about 30 or so miles from us. We may arrive late as we have a man coming to chop the wood from the tree they cut down in smaller chunks...as some are too big to put in dh's slicer. So we will go to the party after he gets done. This child has become part of our family as he is the son of my older son's GF.

Last edited by maryea; 07-29-2016 at 05:21 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 03:14 PM   #292  

It's a beautiful day...the kids helped dh move the rest of the tree wood. Still need the wood guys to come and chop a few pcs more as they are too big for the chopper dh rents. He was to come yesterday but didn't get here in time before we left for the party. I was surprised that despite eating the cake, chips and later chili and cornbread my weight actually dropped back down to my sig weight again. I got the results of my blood work and my A1C has dropped from 7.8 to 7.1....so at least I can show some improvement to the dr. Now I would love to drop a pound before next Wed (appt)! Would be nice.

I googled the research on fat, Carol, and found different results which I read quickly. Seems like it may depend on the type of cell or perhaps it is the amount of fat in the blood stream...it does trigger the fat cells, and I've always read that large releases of insulin is partly what causes weight gain which I guess would make sense with triggering the fat cells, but not sure I quite understand about the fat helping the insulin to get it into the other cells, as other articles say, like my previous dr, that the fat can prevent (or hinder) the insulin from getting the glucose into the cell and basically it said a diet high in fat causes an increase in glucose in the blood as well. So like when one (esp a diabetic) eats say, 2 or 3 sl of pepperoni pizza and follows that with a dessert of ice cream, there the fat would hinder the process of getting all that glucose into the cells if I understand correctly, however perhaps it does trigger the fat cells to absorb it? Not sure of the exact process there.. but that would make sense with why we get fat I guess. I need to study this more. I know I learned all this once but we had to read so many long chapters to take a test of 30 questions never knowing what would be on the test and it was impossible to really remember it all. And of course there is always new research going on too. Esp now that I'm a diabetic, It is an interesting topic to me.

I have not gotten my weekly housework done this week...I hope to do some today, but so far only the daily stuff is done and I will be going out. Wish I had more exciting things to report but this is my life........You all, have a good weekend!

Last edited by maryea; 07-30-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:00 PM   #293  

Computer making strange noises. Told our son and asked him what to do. I did it, and altho it is running faster, the sound is still loud enough that it will keep Pat awake who sleeps i next room. Grrrrr.
I get full back up to Cloud on Saturday nights, but really there is little change from last week, except she also had to turn it off then.

Sandy
Old 07-30-2016, 11:58 PM   #294  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Hello all - just stopping in to say hi.

Hope all is well with you all.
Old 07-31-2016, 07:17 AM   #295  

I don't usually go advanced, but I just tried it and lost a big long post. Oh well. Try again.

Mary, if I ate 2 slices of pizza and a dish of ice cream my blood sugar would be in the 400-500 range and I would have to go to the ER. Honestly. That's how carb sensitive I have become. I try to keep my carbs very low so I don't have to take Amaryl. Amaryl forces your body to release more insulin to counteract the blood sugar, and insulin is the fat storage hormone. I am taking less Amaryl, but not really losing weight. It never caused me to gain, but I believe it is part of the reason I can't lose.

I wouldn't worry about being up a couple pounds. Everyone's weight fluctuates from day to day, even from hour to hour. It's when you gain 5 or 10 lbs that you know you have gained fat, not just water weight.

I hope that your son is able to move out soon so you won't have so much stress from them living there. How far away from you will they be moving? Hopefully it will be far enough away that it won't be convenient for them to be dropping the kids off all the time. You and Joe have been so very understanding to help them out all this time. I know it would be hard for me.

Sandy I hope you get your computer fixed. Mine has been fine for a while, except for some reason the MSN home screen keeps popping up. I use AOL, but in the past month or two MSN has started popping up right on top of the AOL screen and I have to click on the X to get back to what I was doing. I don't know why it started happening or how to stop it. I don't have anyone I can ask. None of my family is computer literate. Also, I keep wearing the letters off my keyboards. LOL DH keeps buying me new (used) ones at Goodwill. They sell them for $5. I do touch-type, but for some things I want to see the letters. I have found that I like the black keyboards with white letters. I had one white keyboard with black letters but the way the light glared on the white keyboard I had trouble seeing it. I guess that's all age related.

Good to see you waving, Gayle.
Old 07-31-2016, 11:10 AM   #296  

Two things happened today that I cannot explain. First of all, I have been online since 6AM and MSN has not popped up once. I didn't change anything. I wouldn't know what to change.

The second thing. For several months now I have been having difficulty getting on 3FC. I do not have it bookmarked. I used to just type 3fatchicks into my browser. I would get a thing that said 3 Fat Chicks Official Site, and then click on Forums. All of a sudden, one day that wouldn't come up. I would get a few things that said 3FatChicks, but I would have to click around a bit to get to the Forums. Today, that original site is back. When things like this happen for no rhyme or reason it's no wonder I'm computer illiterate!

I am also having another issue. When I click on Wifi, it shows my Infinity Wifi account as locked, requiring a password. There is another one that is just called Infinity, and it says open. DH thinks that's ours, and that everyone can get into our Wifi. But I don't know what to do about it. Is this because I have my Kindle signed in to Wifi all the time? Is is bad for me to do that? My Wifi password is a big long string of letters and numbers I don't like to key it into my Kindle every time I need it.
Old 07-31-2016, 09:37 PM   #297  

It was a special Sunday because our gd was baptized today after the service. Was a first for us as if any others have been baptized we were not present as they would have been in another state. Afterwards we gave her a choice of which restaurant she wanted to go to and of course she chose McDonalds. This time I made sure to order the small regular hamburger and a side salad and shared fries and diet soda with dh as usual. It actually tasted pretty good.
They had to do a walk through their house and we stopped at a sports store for dh and then home to nap.

Seems to be a time of computer/internet issues. Although I am now able to access my programs, and a scan says no threats, my internet is running slower than usual to the point of freezing at times. I thought at first it was only Chrome but now notice IE is doing similar. I think I'll call CenturyLink...they may need to reset my DSL...I've had that happen a couple times in the last year or two. I do not know why as in the past it was never an issue. I'm also wondering whether it is because my computer perhaps cannot handle the upgraded level of DSL I'm at now....because ever since I upgraded it's been more noisy...not terrible but I am definitely aware of it. Could be something else I suppose but since I only notice it when using the web, I'm thinking it's connected. It has only been since I upgraded in speed that they have had to reset it too.

Carol - I just keep a bookmark for this forum, so easy...in addition, I have set up a bookmark toolbar across the top of my browser window (and uploaded it to every browser I have onboard) and 3FC is in it. So convenient. I don't understand your WiFi question because I don't click on wifi...I just click on a browser and off I go..I never click on wifi just to acess the internet. As far as the one that is open.....I don't think that your Kindle being signed on to wifi is the reason but it is true if it is an open system (no password key), others may be able to use it. You can just set up a password/key to protect it. You may have to contact your provider to do that. I know I have a password on mine as I chose it when my internet was set up, but I never have to use it. My internet is always on. So, not sure whether this info helps you as I don't really understand the way you describe yours. ETA: Carol also sometimes shutting your computer completely down can solve a lot of issues but I think I remember you saying you do that every day.

As to MSN popping up, sometimes software installs will set up a particular page as the home screen without asking. You can go into your settings and confirm you want AOL to be your home screen or whatever you prefer. Also you might want to run a malware/virus scan to be sure you haven't picked up something as they can cause popups. I haven't used AOL for many years so don't really remember any specifics about it.

Makes sense that insulin triggers the fat cells and that's why we gain weight more easily. My lack of understanding completely is in regard to the other cells as fat also hinders the process. All I know is we are wonderfully made and I am always curious and trying to understand how it all works. Wish I'd known some of these things earlier in life and perhaps prevented gaining so much weight and harming my health. Last night I looked up all my meds and their side effects and everyone of my symptoms could be caused by any one of my drugs, but of course the benefit of each drug supposedly is worth it. Perhaps if I'd understood even 1/2 of this when I was younger, I'd have not allowed myself to gain weight and I wouldn't be on all these medications! Live and learn...

Hope you have all enjoyed your Sunday! The weeks seem to be flying by...before I know it summer will be over.

Last edited by maryea; 07-31-2016 at 09:53 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:48 AM   #298  

Later on, I had a problem that one of my Fitbit's wouldn't sync. I tried all the usual recommended fixes for that, then I went on the Fitbit message board and a woman there had posted a fix that worked. I don't think that had anything to do with my PC, though, even though I sync it to my PC.

Mary, I don't use Wifi to get on my computer. I have a cable connection. It is not MY Wifi that is showing as open. My Wifi connection is with Xfinity and it has it's own name, and is locked, password protected. But when I see the list of Wifi in our area, there is one showing that is named Xfinity and is open. I don't think it's mine, but DH thinks that if someone uses that Wifi, that they can see what's on my computer. Don't laugh. LOL We are really computer illiterate. One time the cable guy was here for another reason and I asked him about it. He said that anytime I am in an area that shows an Xfinity Wifi I can log into that with my password...like a universal Wifi for Xfinity customers.

I do have AOL set up as my home page and that's what comes up when I turn on my PC, but sometimes, not lately, I would be typing along and the MSN screen would pop up in front of what I'm doing and I would have to X out of it in order to continue. It hasn't done that for 2-3 days now. Fingers crossed.

I am down a little bit of weight, like another pound and a half, I think. I have not been keeping track, but I think it's 4.5 lbs total from my highest, and 1.5 below my sig weight. I will change my sig weight because I don't plan on gaining this back! LOL

DH bought a riding mower on clearance over the weekend and he is going to use it in the back yard for the first time. I sure hope he knows what he's doing. He always complains about this one neighbor who cuts his grass before it really needs it. I think he is going to be that way now that he has this riding mower. LOL It's a very small one. It resembles those scooters I see people riding in the mall. These men and their toys!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 08-01-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:10 PM   #299  

It was a cooler day today but still warm and sunny, love it! Really enjoying summer and hate to see it end...I know Aug is going to go fast. The kids found out that they have to wait until Aug 17 for their appraisal...so it will be almost end of the month now before they can move into their house. I know it is disappointing for them.

We went to the gym this morning, but I forgot to ride the bike. When I finished my 1/2 mile on the track, I rode the arm bike and then was going to ride a stationery bike but they were taken so I did my 3 weight machines, and then thought I was done..so only got about 15-17 min of cardio today. I'm considering going tomorrow on my own to get a little more.

This afternoon I got a mani/pedi. By the time I came home I was so achy so I lay down for a couple hours. These naps are getting to be my new routine! I've rarely taken naps in the past. Must be a sign of my age.

Yesterday dh harvested the potatoes. We planted them from a potato that had sprouted in the pantry...got about 16 from it. I love potatoes so hope they are good. Today is leftover/pantry night so I'm not cooking but I almost feel like cooking some potatoes! I had a veggie whole wheat pita (small) with some black beans and cheese and no sauce. Really like those and this time they offered me a reward card...since I've bought 3 or 4 now thought maybe I should accept it. I'm only at the mall about 1-2 times a month so it will take some time for my reward and I hate having to carry around cards. Most I can just give my phone number but don't think this one works that way.

Carol - Oh I understand now...funny how your dh thinks sometimes. Sounds like a good guy though. I hope the MSN popup stays away. Also hope your dh likes his new mower. Dh prefers (at least for now) to use his non-propelled mower, as you just kinda guide it...not really pushing at all. He doesn't hurt when he leans on the mower too so it's a good way for him to exercise. Congrats on the weight loss! I was hoping to drop down 1# by Wed but so far I'm back up 1#.

I have accomplished very very little here at home...so will have to do some tonight or tomorrow to make it up.
Old 08-02-2016, 09:57 AM   #300  

We don't have a very big yard. DH wanted the self propelled because we have a hilly yard. Now he is complaining that the self propelled goes too fast and it's harder for him to keep up. He's getting older. So that's why he wanted the rider. He got it so cheap on clearance that he wouldn't lose much if he sold it some day. He really takes good care of his things.

I am down 2 more lbs this morning. Yesterday, we didn't eat breakfast then decided to go shopping around noon. We rarely stop anywhere for lunch. We went to Tx Roadhouse when it opened at 4, so that was the only meal I ate yesterday. I was hungry, but my mind was on my shopping so it didn't really bother me. I realize that this is just the whoosh you get when you first start staying on your diet, but a loss is a loss and I'll take it. I do hope I can keep losing and not gain it back, but my past history isn't good. I can just take it one day at a time.

Hope you like your potatoes, Mary. It's nice to be able to eat things you grew yourself.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Closed Thread