Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 10:06 PM   #121  

Height: 5'3"

Due to kids not getting along, it's been a stressful day starting last night. Despite our efforts to the contrary we have drawn into it, however we are trying to keep neutral and assure them of our love. One kid seems to think I can fix everyone but alas they are all grownups and I cannot. I do love and pray for all of them and hopefully this will blow over soon as it usually does. I always was happy my grown kids seemed to get along so well but sometimes these days not so much.

Otherwise we have had a busy day...gym, shopping, manicure and dh even got a pedicure. They told him to come back every month for a while. He had a terrible toe nail fungus for years and was constantly diligently treating it but nothing ever really worked. He recently went to a podiatrist who put him on Lamasil for 3 months and it has really worked. His nails are not completely clear but are much, much improved. I have not seen them this good in many years if ever! The nail tech said, continued trimming she does with the pedicures will really help to finally eliminate it. He enjoyed it and said he will return. This drug can damage the liver so hepatic labs need to be done 1/2 way through the treatment. Only thing I didn't get done to day was get a haircut but perhaps tomorrow.

Carol - What is the name of your new medication? I sure like Januvia. Was a little concerned of adverse reactions but nothing yet. Of course, often they take about three months or lab work to show up. But it is really helping my bs. And it doesn't make you gain weight like Amaryl.

Glynne - Sorry to hear that your mom fell again. Does she fall when getting up by herself or when walking on her own? I hope you can get that code status worked out soon so you can be at peace about it. It's very difficult to do I know either way really. I made my dad a no code and also asked them to put a waist restraint on him so he'd remember not to get up on his own. I did this by phone. That restraint decision haunted me esp but I felt I had to do it at the time. I didn't want him to break a hip and maybe because of his age and heart condition they couldn't do surgery and he'd just be left in pain. I've seen that happen to old people. It took me a long time not to feel guilty about it though mainly because they strapped him down in bed too...perhaps he tried to get out of bed, but I was thinking only in the Wheelchair and when my sister told me I cried for him. She said they didn't pickup his bed pan fast enough and he had to pee again so would try to get up and of course he was restrained and I know how horrible that would be for him if he had to wet the bed. I wish she had spoken to the nurses about the bed pan issues (of course it might not have done any good as sometimes they are just too busy/short-handed) and if she didn't think he needed the restraint, but maybe he did, I don't know..I do know my sister is very shy and often will not speak up about things. Anyway it was difficult. But now I look forward to seeing my dad again in Heaven and expect him to run out to meet me when I get there. I'm glad we never had to make these decisions for my mom as she died within a few weeks of pneumonia. While it still was difficult, if she had lingered it would have probably gotten much worse as they found CA cells in her lungs. So I thank God for taking her quickly. That was back in 1967 and there was no talk about code status and no attempts at resuscitation.

I made bbq chicken, baked beans and cornbread but the kids said they are not coming back to eat. They'll probably get pizza or something. I guess they don't feel like socializing with us yet, funny how how they get mad at us too when they are mad at their siblings

Didn't get much done here at home. Might finish cleaning the little bathroom later tonight before I go to bed. Won't take long.

Last edited by maryea; 05-23-2016 at 10:12 PM.
Old 05-24-2016, 08:37 AM   #122  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Mary my new med is Isosorbide Mono ER. It is mainly for angina but is also used for other things. I don't have angina, but I'm taking it because of the big difference between my systolic and dialistolic blood pressure. Most of what I read online about it referred to angina, and it says to take it when you first get up. It says it only works for 8-10 hours, but I can't take 8-10 hours of falling asleep! I don't know if that would go away after a few days or not, but it's terrible. Also, when I'm tired, I tend to overeat. It's like I'm trying to get some energy. I have eaten like a pig the past 2 days. This can't go on. I don't have a doctor's appointment until the 3rd of June, at which time I could ask about it. So far it hasn't helped any with my blood pressure.

It must be hard for you when your kids don't get along. I didn't get along well with my brother but I did the best I could when we were together so as not to cause conflict. I just avoided him as much as I could. We just didn't have the same values. When he came to my house I had to hide the good silver. LOL
Old 05-24-2016, 01:47 PM   #123  

Oh, Carol, you know I'd forgotten your new med was for your BP...I was thinking it was for diabetes. I hope you can get the side effects under control. Amanda, the weight-loss consultant called this morning..I hated telling her I haven't lost weight but actually am at the top of my range again. I am trying to drink more water, and have cut back (most days) to only one mocha. I am still not counting carbs really (just in a general way in my head), or counting calories...just can't get myself back to that yet. If I see that the Januvia is consistently keeping my bs down (not quite there yet), I might try eliminating one 2 mg tab of Amaryl and see if that may help my weight to drop a little. She told me that it is a steriod and I did not realize that...no wonder I gained weight with it!

Well our son and fam did come finally come home last night...with McDonalds for their dinner. So we have leftover bbq chicken in the fridge but I'm sure dh will eat some of it for his lunches. He went fishing today. The sun is out and looks very nice, but I haven't been out yet. Last night I did finish weekly cleaning our little bathroom and did the daily cleaning this morning, made our bed and took out the trash/garage...just kind of puttering around. Trying to decide if I want to make chicken noodle soup with the leftover raw chicken from the whole fryer I cut up yesterday. I think I might. My son used to love the canned chicken noodle soup but will he like mine...doubtful. Oh well..I will try to make it look as much like the canned stuff as I can. My dil has been very helpful about making beds and leaving things neat.

I'm reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe to one of my granddaughters. She has seen the movie but it's been a while and she's enjoying the book now for the first time and I enjoy reading it to her. This family doesn't read much and I like to to try to teach the kids to enjoy it when I can. For myself I am reading The Battle Plan of Prayer for my devotions, Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret is my "bath tub book"...not much time for tub baths right now though, I'm also STILL trying to work my way through a book on decision making ...been working on it for years as I just read a bit now and then...very BORING!! And on my phone and iPad I'm reading a murder mystery book...can't remember the name right now but it's fairly interesting.

I may go for haircut today if I can get out in time. Still want to weekly clean our bedroom. Today is the day to clean out my sock drawer but since I did that recently with my decluttering I plan instead to clear out a corner of the room where we keep emergency supplies and try and rearrange that side of the room a bit too. We have a large hamper now and tend to stub our toes on the frame (3 very large bags in a metal frame), so hoping I can arrange things better to avoid that. So much in our room, I'm not sure it will work but will try.

Last edited by maryea; 05-24-2016 at 01:48 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 09:06 AM   #124  

Mary, I'm wondering if Amanda misunderstood about Amaryl. Maybe she thought you said a different drug. I have never heard that Amaryl is a steroid, and I searched the internet right now and couldn't find any reference to that. In fact, it says that steroids can cause diabetes because they increase the production of glucose. Also, if it was a steroid, my psoriasis would clear up. LOL I'm not saying she is wrong because I don't really know. I always heard that it makes you gain weight because it forces your pancreas to release more insulin, and insulin is the fat storage hormone. I never gained weight from it, but I have a lot of difficulty losing weight while on it.

There is one diabetes drug that says it works when you need it and doesn't work when you don't. I'm thinking it might be Januvia. There are so many out there, I get them mixed up.
Old 05-25-2016, 02:10 PM   #125  

Carol, I agree with you...I told dh that it didn't make much sense to me as I would expect a steroid to increase the BS too. I have known people on long term steroid treatment who have developed diabetes because of the steriod type drugs. So I don't understand it either. It will make you gain weight rapidly like a steroid, but I have also done some research on the drug and found nothing about it being a steroid which was why I was so surprised when she said that. I do see people who are taking steroids (like Prednisone), are often being prescribed Amaryl. Maybe she got mixed up with that or something. More likely she just misunderstood me. I was about 1/2 a sleep when she called. I'll ask my doctor about it next time if I remember. Yes when Insulin is released it affects our weight and esp with high carb meals or with diabetics who don't normally produce enough insulin I think. One of the basis for the diets that encourage eating meals/snacks that are well balanced in carbs, proteins and fat.

Quiet in our house right now...just me and Halo. I am going out for groceries and to get my haircut soon, I think. At least that's my plan. I still need to weekly clean the main bathroom and maybe a little cleaning in the spare bedroom but since I cleaned it before the kids moved in I don't think I'll do much there. The kids liked the soup and cornbread I made yesterday. The children wouldn't eat it though. One ate rice, the others ate leftover McDonalds and corndogs. I think tonight will be baked salmon and oriental green beans and rice. Doubt they will like that.

Yesterday I moved a bunch of cookbooks back into my office bookcase from our bedroom, in order to rearrange things in there. I hope in time to get rid of either the bookcase or the chair in our bedroom, but until our bed is low enough to comfortably sit on it and read, I need the chair. I love the comfort of our mattress but I would NEVER AGAIN buy a high profile mattress! I lowered it to the floor when dh fractured his leg but it wasn't as comfortable. Despite a very nice box spring foundation, it still did not have enough support I guess. Any ideas on how to give it enough support and lower it down to the usual height? When I lowered it that time, I really enjoyed being able to sit at the side of the bed.

Yesterday was an emotional day due to one of my kids receiving a big disappointment. Even though I had prayed for God's will, I still cried for him because I knew it hurt. They never stop being your babies, no matter how old they are. I'm sure there is something better in store for him but it still hurt knowing he was hurt. He told me I probably was hurting more than him, but he's had it kind of tough in life and I know he's just learned to take it, and that makes me hurt too.

Well better get started on my cleaning so I can go out.

ETA: Just got home from grocery shopping. May wait til tomorrow for hair cut. I noted a few errors or confusion in above post so edited some. Bought some brown rice rice cakes...I love them but was so disappointed when I got home and they have tamari and sea weed in/on them and to me they are disgusting! I'm sure some people like them, but I sure wish I hadn't bought them. When I first took one out, and saw all the dark stuff on the other side of it, I thought something was wrong with them, then read the label.

Last edited by maryea; 05-25-2016 at 05:58 PM.
Old 05-25-2016, 07:44 PM   #126  

Height: 5' 2"

Mary Your description of cleaning always makes me vow to do a better job. I tend to start, then get distracted and sometimes Pat or DH will finish (but they don't do deep cleaning as I do, still grateful to them)
Hope things work out for your son.

CarolSue BP has never been my problem, but recently it is higher than ever. 2 doctor's appts this month and I was 142/80 at one and 138/78 at the other. Each time I didn't get chance to relax before getting called into the examine room, and I wonder how much that has to do with the fact I'm normally 15 to 20 points lower.

Just read a neat article about a woman whose family makes salt from salt brine over 500 feet deep under the river. She added some dried Ramps to it and is selling it. DH and our son-in-law love the Ramps and we go to WV Ramp Festival each spring. She described the taste as "onion and garlic taste." but I'm not particularly interested. I'll take the plain onion and/or garlic.

Got good news. I was able to move my Massage to Monday so I can go to special Bible class in our new Church on Wednesdays. A friend is in the class and she is really raving about how much she is learning. DH goes to the Men's Bible on Saturday and is so enthusiastic. Our Priest teaches each class and is super intelligent, knows Holy Scripture so well, and can explain things well that usually are hard to understand. Can't wait to start in June.

Garden doing so good. Of course so are the weeds so I get plenty of work out bending, etc. Beginning this week new habit of refraining from all food after the 6:00 to 6:30 PM supper. I've been snacking more and more and the scale at the Doctor's show it yesterday. OUCH!!!

Sandy
Old 05-25-2016, 09:00 PM   #127  

Sandy, I love a calm, well organized and clean home. I don't keep it perfectly clean, as my son used to say, it's comfortably clean but not so clean you feel afraid to do anything and mess it up. I simply like to keep everything organized so everything has a home and I don't have to hunt for things snd ot keep it in that comfortable clean state. I never perfectly accomplish the organization and some people might not feel it's clean enough. My kitchen and main bathroom and the real challenges right now...they are old, need remodeling and look dirty even though I clean them. But hopefully that will change in time.

Since I've decluttered our master bedroom, getting rid of a lot, our bedroom feels so special to me,....every time I open the door, it feels cool, calm, peaceful and welcoming..I'm not sure why...I mean I used to have far less in that room, it's not all the way decluttered, but whatever I've done has sure made a difference. It does need a new door as someone in a testosterone fit hit it with his fist ...when the boys were teens, there was lots of testosterone flowing between them and dh! And it's been that way ever since. Despite that, it's my favorite room now. I hope I can affect that feeling in all the rooms now.

Hope you are all having a good evening. I'm waiting for the rice to cook, then will put the salmon in the oven and then stir-fry the green beans. GD prefers mac and cheese (BOX of course) and told her mom she wants me to prepare because I make it better. She praises my cooking when it's the simplest...last night I made rice (rice cooker) and thats all she ate...rice with soy sauce on it...and she couldn't get over how good I cooked it. Wish I could get her to eat some better and healthier food.
Old 05-25-2016, 11:16 PM   #128  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

The day is almost over ~ I have had a lot on my mind and sort of don't even remember what I did. I guess some puttery stuff ~ putting stuff away. Seems like I did something, but can't seem to think now what it was.

Started to work on getting pattern pieces ready and pinned a couple on to fabric to make a gift for the little granddaughter who will be six in July. She wants a dress with a matching dress for her doll.

Oh, I remember now that I visited with my sister by phone. Also called the nursing home to check on mom. I haven't gotten to talk to her for days now ~ she has been having trouble being very anxious and restless and so when I call and she has finally gotten calmed down and is resting, I don't want to disturb her. So, my calls lately have been to ask the nurse how mom is doing. Still haven't gotten the do not resuscitate order in place. Wish that guardian would get that taken care of.

Got all those x-rays and tests done yesterday. Of course it couldn't go smoothly. Anything where health insurance is involved never seems to goes smoothly.

Evenings are hard ~ I am getting kind of tired by then and don't really feel like doing anything. If I could feel like doing something, it might help keep my mind off other things. But then, I can't settle my mind to “do” other stuff or even watch TV really.

Hope you all are doing well.
Old 05-26-2016, 08:41 AM   #129  

Sandy, it might be the weight gain that is raising your blood pressure. I know mine goes down if I lose. It's just that I can't seem to continue losing. When I go to the doctor, they weigh me and then check blood pressure. I told them seeing my weight on the scale makes the BP go up!

Mary, I can never remember how many kids you have. I think it's 2 boys and 2 girls, but I'm not sure. My MIL had 5 boys and no girls. It's a wonder they all turned out good.

Gayle, I am totally useless after 5 PM. I am a morning person. I am up very early most days. I go to bed around 8 because DH is out here flipping channels on the TV and I go into the bedroom so I can watch a whole program. LOL Then I end up falling asleep while watching. It seems that once I have dinner, my energy goes kaput. I have heard that's a sign you ate too much.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:52 PM   #130  

So pleased with how well Januvia is working for me. Although my bs before breakfast was still high at 163, it was only 118 2 hrs after. That's amazing for me. Yesterday it was mostly good too. Only thing I am doing is trying to be more careful about spacing out my meals, and not eating if my bs is high plus drinking a little more water most days. I'm sure that helps too but think mostly it's the Januvia. ETA: Forgot to say I'm also down to my sig weight again...maybe 1/2# below actually because I think that 169 on my sig was really 169.5. May not last but feels good to be there again.

Went to the gym this morning and felt I got a good workout. My back, neck and head was hurting really badly last night. I took Tylenol twice with little relief esp after my neck and head started in too. I thought I'd need to add benedryl to get any sleep but decided to try sleeping first and surprisingly I did get to sleep. Perhaps the Tyl finally kicked in. I was up twice but slept mostly in between. I was dreading getting up to pain again but the pain is only slight now and then in my neck today so far.

My son ate the baked salmon and green beans with dh and I. Both were really good and I served rice with them. The others ate what they like....
There was some salmon left and dh will make a sandwich with it today.
Tonight our son is bringing home pizza. I will probably prepare a salad to go with or maybe just some raw veggies.

Yesterday while rearranging things in the living room, I went through some of our emergency supplies. I consider our master bedroom and bath our "safe room" so keep jugs of water and military rations (from son) in there. One gallon jug of water had cracked and almost completely ran into the floor I guess although the carpet was mostly dry...just a small puddle seen. The water had not even expired yet. Along with the emergency items and some blankets I found a basket containing my winter scarves and gloves. I went through them but decided to keep them all although why I need 10 pairs of gloves for only 2 hands, I don't know. At least I only have 2 scarves but I rarely wear either scarves or gloves, but they now have a new home in my closet. Seems like everytime I think I'm done with the clothes category I find more! I'm trying to get to papers but with the kids here and sleeping in my office, I haven't accomplished much yet.

Today I plan to clean my office and the hall...pretty easy...even though my office is cluttered (and maybe partly why) there is not really much cleaning to do...a little dusting and vacuuming. Same with the hall.

Carol - I'd love to lose enough weight to be able to get off my BP meds!
Yes you are right about my kids. I actually delivered 5 though, long ago we lost a little boy in infancy. My kids are all good people...basically honest, hard working and caring. Long ago, our older dd chose a very different lifestyle which saddens us because it has not given her the good life we feel she could have enjoyed. But you cannot live your kids lives for them, they have to make their own decisions and learn by them. Unfortunately she didn't learn I guess, she is now 51 and has just in recent years began to realize she did not think enough about the future. We are praying things work out for her in some way. She does have some land in Mex and I'm hoping she can sell for a good sum some day to help her when she can't work anymore. Or she may go live on it but it is very primitive right now. She thinks that's ok now but may think differently when she's an old woman.

Well must get my day started...It's almost 1 pm and all I've done is make my bed. Think I may make an exception today and run out for my haircuts and clean afterwards since it's not a big cleaning day.

Last edited by maryea; 05-26-2016 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 07:02 PM   #131  

Mary Hope your daughter makes major changes in her life and is able to save some for retirement. The grandkids loving rice must be a kid thing. We only use brown rice, but all three of us really enjoy it.

Cleaning? Today I cleaned weeds out of part of the garden. The constant bending as I moved along (can't kneel) has my "sitter" very sore so I must have done more than I realized. Filled a 5 gallon paint bucket with weeds pushed down, but there is still plenty to do. Day heated up and then we simply sat outside talking. Felt so good to have entire day at home with DH.

We'll watch Oklahoma and Golden State basketball play off tonight. The coach, Billy Donovan of Oklahoma is one of our favorites. We cheer for his team. DD says she can hear us even with door shut and we're way in the back of the house and she is in front. Last night we were hoping Toronto would win again, but Cleveland really defeated them badly. I liked the two games in Toronto where they won and played so well.

CarolSue Thanks for reminding that loosing weight could make blood pressure better. I'd forgotten. The desire to do so will make it less painful to STOP EATING AFTER SUPPER!!!! Believe that is the largest problem I have. As I log in my food I'm really low, but meeting needs for veggies, protein, calcium, and fruit. I love fruit and feel deprived that I must stop at two raw fruits a day. DH is really helping in the meals he cooks.
Old 05-27-2016, 03:04 PM   #132  

Just got home from gym...really felt the workout. Didn't walk today just used machines recumbent bike and arm for cardio then three weight machines for strength. I have been alternating days when I do this with other days when I walk for part of the cardio, but walking is so boring to me without someone to walk with.

Had a good time with the kids last night, then they went out to a school thing. Soon as they all came home they got ready for bed as parents were tired too, so we had a quiet evening to ourselves.

Today I need to clean the kitchen which is mostly mopping the floor. I also would like to catch up on some extra jobs I've been neglecting, like today I hope to be able to vac under our bed. Still need that haircut too and a quick stop at a store for an ingred for tonight's dinner so will depend on my time and energy. I'm fixing bbq chicken quesadillas...the kids don't want them so are eating at their old house. I suspect they will do the same tomorrow night too as I think my menu plans call for fish again. I will not buy anymore fish while they are here but I am going to use the fish I have in the freezer now and then which is quite a bit.

Sandy - Your gardening sounds like a workout! At least you are getting exercise plus enjoying the results. After dinner eating is my problem too, but last night I managed to not do it! My weight was still up 1# but I think it was because it was pizza night and I ate two small pieces and they forgot to get us diet soda and I drank the real stuff! I diluted it a little with water and only drank about 1/2 cup. I think sodium plays a big part in my weight besides the carbs. I also ate several baby carrots with the pizza. I love fruit too, Sandy, and wish I could eat more without high bs.

My bs was high at 172 this morning and after 2 hrs and exercise, it was still 170. Not terrible but high and was after medication too. Was disappointed with that since it's been so much better.

Hi Glynne and Carol! Hope you are doing ok today.

Last edited by maryea; 05-27-2016 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 04:33 PM   #133  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

It is another rainy dreary day here today. Flood warnings ~ here we go again. No school today for the kids because of possible flooding problems.

I should be doing something, but can't seem to get in the mood/get moving. I do so much better when it is sunny outside. Somehow that makes me want to do stuff. I need to make a pot of soup and do have the ingredients set out on on the counter. I haven't started it but the day's not over yet, so there's still hope.

Talked to my sister a few times as she goes from one stop to the next on her day. Her next stop last time we talked was to visit our mom ~ hoping she will find mom in a better condition than when she was there the other day. Also hoping that maybe she will get some good news from the nurses ~ that the guardian has given the do not resuscitate order.

Confession ~ I ate some chocolate I shouldn't have. Boredom? Stress? Worry? Take your pick.

Worrying about my son ~ difficulties at work due to a back injury that has not improved. I feel like it is all part of God's plan to move him on to something he is better able to do. He wants things to be all settled (me too ~ it makes my heart ache for him to be so stressed and anxious) but it is happening at a snails pace and causing him much stress. Fear of the unknown gets to him. Even though I feel like things are happening for a reason and the eventually everything will work out, it is easy to get caught up in his stress and anxiety. His problems with anxiety and depression make it to where he doesn't think clearly, so it is hard to try to help him think positive about things.

Tuesday our oldest grandson graduates from high school. So proud of him ~ he is a good student, hard worker and wonderful kind caring person.

Mary ~ hope some of the conflict between your kids has settled down. That's not fun. We have that between my three. The girls, though they are not close, they do get along. Neither girl gets along with their brother. Makes me sad. How long will your son and his family be with you? You are doing great with your decluttering.

Sandy ~ You work so hard in your gardens. It is good you enjoy it. I like a pretty yard, but unlike you, I do not enjoy the work it takes to make it that way, so our yard is just kind of plain. I'm glad for you when you have some down time and get to relax and enjoy the beautiful spots in your yard that you have created. Glad you got to enjoy the basket ball games.

Carol Sue ~ I can identify with the channel flipping ~ I can't watch TV with my husband ~ he does that too and it is so frustrating. It might make it a little better if there was some politeness, but he never asks me if I mind if he changes the channel. Part of it too, is that we don't like the same type programs, and his hearing is even worse than mine and it is so loud I can't stand it. Oh well, good we each have a different area of the house where we can watch TV.

Karrine ~ thinking of you and Nan ~ wonder how you are doing. Prayers continue.

Oh, good news ~ I just heard from my sister. Mom was more alert and communicative today. They have a psychologist (or psychiatrist ~ my sister couldn't remember which) working with mom ~ trying to figure out what is making her so restless and anxious ~ if it is pain or what. Also, finally the do not resucitate order has been given. Thank you Lord for that answered prayer.

Rain is still pouring down. I'd probably better try to get that pot of soup going. Hope you all are having a good day.

ETA: Oh Sandy ~ you had mentioned a few days back about your daughter having a reception at an Art Gallery in West Virginia. It made me think of a place I had been when I would travel on I 77 to go up home to visit my parents in Ohio. It was Tamarack ~ it had all kinds of different art things displayed and there were some parts of the place where some of the artists had studios and you could watch them at work. They had such beautiful things there.

Last edited by glynne; 05-27-2016 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-27-2016, 06:01 PM   #134  

I too am thinking of Karrine...wondering how things are going. You are probably busy with caring for Nan. Was also wondering whether you are still using Weight Watchers...notice they have a new plan called Smart Points or something like that.

Still praying for both you and Nan. Remember to take care of yourself too.
Old 05-28-2016, 01:02 PM   #135  

Gale Your son's issues really bother you, and I can well understand. Changing jobs, the unknown can rally be scary.

Our son is also moving within a year. He is setting up a new office in an other state and will give up his beloved mountains, back yard oasis and ponds, and people he has known all his life. The rest of his family are excited and want to move, he realizes it is necessary to get to warmer climate for his wife and daughter, and the strong desire of his son. We will really, really miss them and because we no longer are able to travel so far, we'll only see them when they come northy.

Katherine Hope you check in and let us know how you are doing?

Winter clothes FINALLY are clean and put into boxes in COmputer room closet. Most of summer things are hung up with last load in dryer. I forgot how many short sleeve shirts I have.
Next to wash the flannel sheets and put them away - but where?

AC finally turned on yesterday and how well I slept!! I always dread the high electrical bill when AC must be put on.
Closed Thread