Old 04-28-2016, 10:25 PM   #301  
Waddle fast Flap hard FLY

S/C/G: Top 272~restart 255

Height: 5'7

Hubby helped me plant the two KO rose bushes. Sadly, we just kind of stuck them in the ground, I was hoping to spend more time digging up the grass around the holes, but that will give me something to do another day. Hubby watered them, then its going to start raining tomorrow, so that will help saturate the ground around them. We found a 10" earthworm when we were digging, I made sure he stayed close to my bush to aerate the soil. He's not the biggest one I've seen but Hubby thought it was a snake at first.

I went to Knitting with a friend, then to lunch with a newly engaged friend, who is around 55. This will be her first marriage and his second. It was nice to hear about her plans, etc.

I finished a shawl for myself today. I'm happy with the size and how it turned out.

I weighed today and that didn't turn out as well, but not too badly. Those pants that I had to let out seem bigger now, so that's making me feel better.
patchworkpenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5'07"

I am back on line for the summer. Working, that will help me keep away from the refrigerator all day. One my feet working and walk about a quarter of a mile to work and back. i am so aching when I get home but that will get better I know.
My weight is back to 230 so I start over. Shucks.
geojackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 05:09 PM   #303  

Yesterday morning, a really big tree fell down a block away from our house taking out the power lines, it fell from a front yard across the street, hit that house, then the one behind it, {that's a big tree!} but our power came back on today. The weather has been alternating between rain and sun, mainly to confuse us I think.

Friday I put in a Leslie Sansone DVD and did 2 miles.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:04 PM   #304  

Height: 5' 2"

Penguin WOW that was a huge tree that fell on the power lines. Will they be able to protect and repair their homes or are they a total loss? Glad you received power so quickly.
Loved your comments and protection of that great earth worm. We actually began "planting" the worms left from the guy's fishing, then I bought some and put them in my newly planted areas. Each time I dig I see results and am so grateful.

We got the same rain you all did, and it was so appreciated about 2 inches that made our woods in the state much safer. My own plants are delighted, too. I got my sweet banana peppers planted in super good soil in full sun on Friday just before the rain. DH planted lots of Italian Parsley inbetween flowers and on edge of some flower gardens. We just sat down with coffee when the rain came. Before that we had less than 1/2 inch in month of April!!!

My knitting was never good, but was so calming in the evening. Now my hands cramp when I try to enjoy it.

My bum knee that received lubricating shots in March, is giving me trouble unexpectedly. Last 3 sessions of the shots let me go pain free for 7 months. I'm afraid I became too inactive this winter and failed to even do the PT I used to do here at home, and simply sat way too much. Last night I began with those partial squats and will continue tonight as we watch NBA play offs. I hope to get out of chair for every time out to further moving more often.

TOday's massage was unusually helpful. Didn't realize how much my shoulders needed it till she started working on it. How fortunate I am that she is less than 45 minutes away and we budget for my weekly trip so far.

Weight is same as it was months ago, so I ordered another pair of Catherine's curvy dark jeans. The single pair I have is looking faded and best for gardening because the mulch doesn't stick to it as it does to the yoga pants that are knit.

Jackie, starting again to do what is right is better than hiding our head in the sand.

Sandy

Last edited by love2garden; 05-02-2016 at 03:05 PM.
love2garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 12:13 PM   #305  

Sadny, I was really surprised that both houses weren't smooched flat but they both held up really well. The second house just got the branches but the first house got the truck and was still standing, just dented a bit. Although it might look different once they pull the tree out. Our neighborhood was built in the early 50's and apparently these houses are made to last! Somewhere in the backyard, hidden under the weeds is a stepping stone that reads "earthworm farm" with a big arrow pointing under the stone. I thought it was funny. I don't like snakes or bugs but I'm happy to have worms in the backyard. When I used to quilt I would set a timer for 45min then get up, stretch, and walk around for a while to loosen up. I've gotten out of that habit. I picked up knitting again after I had to give up quilting due to vision issues, but I find knitting to be more portable and useful.

We are getting ready for a short trip with the camper over to Arkansas.
Old 05-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #306  

Happy Mother's Day

So we got back from our camping trip yesterday. We stayed at one state park, visiting another while we were there. We took several short hikes to see things of interest, {waterfalls and a cave} and it was on the hikes that I noticed something. I had a very hard time keeping up with Hubby and the dog. I was tired and I couldn't catch my breath, and my poor legs just wanted to give out. Flashback a few years ago, to another hiking trip where I was scrambling over rocks and telling Hubby 'rest time is over, let's go!" Yet, another reason to resume and be more consistent to my exercise program. There were a few other things that I wanted to see but had to turn back go back to the RV and collapse! That was an eye opening experience that I don't want repeated.

I hope you are all doing well and enjoying what's left of the weekend!
Old 05-09-2016, 11:49 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 235/235/170

Height: 5'07"

Hurrah, I re-lost those two pounds. Back to 228. Learned something new. I had legs that didn't want to work, always tired. Did some online research, learned that possibly I was magnesium deficient. Soaked my feet in Epsom Salt and got immediate relief from cramps in my legs. So I went to the store and got magnesium tablets and I am feeling better. Yeah, that means I will be able to exercise more. More pound going away. ;-)
geojackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:04 PM   #308  

Magnesium defeciency? Wow I didn't know.

I'm with both of you, my legs can't catch up with DH and he is older. My extra pounds are really weighing me down. I'm cutting down on my food, moving more, but still need to increase.

Loved time with each of our 4 kids in person or on phone plus a delightful call from our "almost" son who travels world wide with his wife on business. Loved catching up with each of them. Best Mother's day in ages and we ate at home, DH's good Polish Cabbage rolls, so good.
Old 05-22-2016, 08:06 AM   #309  
Sandee

Good Morning chicks
I'm back online to see you'all again My hand occupational therapy is over, I have limitations to live with forever because of my thumb joint-tendon-ligament. But with my jobs overusing my hand strength daily, I suppose I should've expected to have problems. I don't want anything artificial in my hand so I'll live with my pains & limitations. I'm going to try to learn to become left-handed

I'll be back to read last weeks posts & catch up with you'all & do personals this week.

Happy wishes & big hugs to you'all Dee
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 07:23 PM   #310  

Dee It can be fun learning to do things left-handed. I first learned to iron left handed when we changed houses so I could look out the window as I ironed. Now I can iron equally well either way.
Tried writing left handed and I look like a doctor with writing no one can decipher.

Hope you do ok.

Doctor insists I MUST record movement AND food and discover how to keep cutting down food till scale moves. First plan: Eliminate after supper food or drink.

Sandy
Old 05-26-2016, 11:16 PM   #311  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Unhappy

Hello Chicks:

I hope everyone is well. I'd hoped to check in and be able to report an additional 10 pound weight loss. I'm not even going to step on the scale. I'd been losing steadily, but was feeling awful. I went to the doctor, and while reviewing previous labs, he noticed I was positive for Lyme Disease back in 2014 when I was hospitalized overnight for a slow, irregular heart beat. I don't recall being aware I was being tested for Lyme, so it never occurred to me to follow up. He retested me, and now I'm negative. I don't know much about Lyme disease. I know it's caused by a spirochete. The thought of that grosses me out. Fornicating spirochetes reproducing willy nilly in my body. Ewwwww. I didn't know your body could clear it without treatment. I haven't been getting out of bed in time to even walk or make something healthy to eat before work. I've been eating junk, and, yes, ice cream. I haven't been back to the doc as all my labs were normal and an ultrasound of my gallbladder was negative. He said if my Lyme test was positive, I'd need to be treated for it. I really wasn't having Lyme symptoms, so I don't think he was too concerned. I'm not sure if I'm just neurotic, or if it's a grief reaction from the recent death of my stepson, or if it's menopause, or if Lyme is causing problems even though this test was negative. I know I've heard it can lurk undetected in your body after the initial acute infection has resolved.

I can tell I've gained some weight back, but I'm not going to get on the scale for a couple of weeks. I'm going to TRY and GET UP before work and get moving again. I'm afraid if I get on the scale to find I've gained back all that I lost, I'll be less likely to get motivated.

Sandy: I know brushing my teeth after dinner helps me not to eat anything before bed. It might be worth a try if evening snacking is a problem for you. I just bought a regular toothbrush and toothbrush case and travel sized tube of toothpaste to take to work. I'm going to start brushing after I eat in an effort not to eat junk on my way home in the wee hours. We are slowly getting the garden in. That will help, too.

God bless each and every Chick!

April
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2016, 12:16 PM   #312  

April Funny you mention brushing teeth directly after supper to encourage me to avoid snacks. I started that last night and it DID make it easier. Also went to bed by midnight instead of 2:00 am.

This morning up at 8:00 am and after DH fixed us breakfast we went for a walk.

Going to use the image of a Marathon of 26.2 miles and try to see how long it takes me to walk that much. I walked .8 of a mile this morning and that was best I could do but it is a start!!!!

Exchanging summer clothes for closet and boxing up winter clothes. DH has lots and lots of summer shirts. THank goodness don't need any for either of us.

Dee sorry about your thumb injury. That must really limit what you can do.

GeoJackie My weight is very near yours. I'd love to be below 200 before the end of year. As slow as I lose weight that is the decent goal.

Sandy
Old 07-01-2016, 04:28 PM   #313  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Greetings Groovy Girls:

I haven't been on here in quite some time. It looks as if no one else has, either. I hope all are well. I'm starting antibiotics for Lyme Disease, so I hope to be back up and at it soon. Lately it's been difficult to even get up and get dressed for work. I hope everyone has a safe 4th of July weekend.

April
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 05:47 PM   #314  
Sandee

Hi April, I was gone for a few months because I had occupational therapy on my right hand & I'm right handed. I came back here to post a few weeks ago & I saw nobody had been posting so I thought that a new thread was started & I was clueless to the new name.

I'm so sorry about your Lyme disease. Some cases were reported 50 miles away from me. We own a 20 acre woods & I don't in go there after spring starts because of my severe weed allergies. In the winter I love to go snows-shoeing in our woods. For our yard we bought 3 Dyna insect traps last year on QVC, @ their TSV day saving $40 on each unit & they are working wonderful. Each is supposed to attract/catch flying insects from up to 1 acre, we have 2 in our back yard & 1 in the front. They are pricey but are worth it to us; the mosquitoes can be hard to see in the baskets/traps, it's easy to see: the wasps/hornets, the moths, the June bugs which are a large hard shell beetle that pinch w their claws if they land on you, the flies & some other insects I can't identity. Our yard & indoors are very enjoyable since we began using them, no more insect bites or coming into our home. The reported monthly electric cost averages $3 to $4 per unit. I don't know where you were bitten but I wanted to share this info with you.

Because I started this thread & its got so many posts/pages, I should probably close it & give a link to the new thread here in case Corinna or others wish to get back in touch. Let me know what you think

Happy July 4th to everyone who stops by & is reading here
Everyone come back & post & share your tips with us & share what's up
Old 07-02-2016, 05:17 PM   #315  
Sandee

Hi Chicks

Happy July 4th weekend