Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2015, 06:00 AM   #151  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Dee the Keurig was a great price! We only drink tea and I usually just use the microwave to heat the water.
Got all my outside decorations done yesterday....now to tackle the inside. My son helps so it goes pretty fast.

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with banana
S - graham crackers
L - soup and sandwich
S - grapes
D - shrimp with veggies

Last edited by Renee3; 11-29-2015 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-29-2015, 09:08 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

I have definitely not done a good job this long weekend on the weight loss front. Today is a new day though. I broke down and bought some roomier clothes for my trip in a few weeks. Now I can relax and not worry about it. I still want to lose weight but it obviously is going to be a bigger battle then I realized.

Renee-DH has already been decorating inside and out. He loves a nice light display. Myself, I have been shopping and napping these last few days.

Dee-I lived in Michigan once. Lovely place but I'm stickin' with Atlanta weather.
Old 11-29-2015, 11:31 AM   #153  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

Good Morning another beautiful sunny day & week is coming like yesterday, hitting 50*

Renee... Your shrimp sounds yummy, did u do a stir-fry? I don't want to roast another turkey until next Thanksgiving, too many high calorie side dishes going w it. I have tried to get my family to eat anything else for our Thanksgiving meal, but they Must have a traditional turkey
You're lucky to have your son live closely to help decorate outdoors w you. Your home sounds very pretty for Christmas.

My favorite herbs for making tea r using my leaves from anything mint & basil flavors pineapple basil, lemon basil, etc Yum. I use my food dehydrator too, then freeze my leaves in little canning jars. With my new Keurig I'll spoon my frozen tea into refillable k-cups I'm getting @ Wal-mart & have 6 cups setting ready to brew. I have 3 pretty China/porcelain tea pots that I only use for guests. I was like you using my microwave, but after drinking from brewed leaves or dehydrated fruit, Wow!!! No more tea bags & microwave water for us. I have a small strainer w little holes & a small tea kettle. But when I crave something sweet, to keep my fat-pounds off & satisfy myself, sipping on a cup of hot sweet/spicy coffee like Dunkin'Donuts is delish instead of eating fattening sweets. My Keurig will be a healthy asset for me, what fun drinking many of the 36 variety flavors this month & I'll make my favorite sweet coffee in a refillable k-cup, probably the stainless steel I found @ Amazon.

Renee & Tera... what do you want Santa to put under your tree for you on Christmas morning?
Old 11-30-2015, 05:25 AM   #154  

Good morning! Today is my least favorite day of the year. Opening day of deer hunting. Our land is posted, but sometimes the hunters don't seem to notice the signs. There are houses all around and the bullets can travel over a mile. I wish they would hunt on the state gamelands. Plus now I can't go for a walk or drive in the woods. I'm glad it only lasts for 2 weeks.

Dee - my favorite tea is called Sleepytime by Celeste. I did do a stirfry with the shrimp and veggies. It was yummy. I had a banquet and awards dinner yesterday and did good with my food choices.

Not really needing anything much for Christmas......how about you?

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with banana
S - graham crackers
L - buffet with salad and chicken
D - turkey soup
Old 11-30-2015, 08:49 PM   #155  

cals-1685 (410), Ex-strength class at the Y.

Dee-I asked for a few kitchen gadgets for Christmas. I always just get by with what I have but I could actually use a few things. How about you?

Renee- I enjoy the Celestial Seasoning teas as well. The boxes alone are enough to convince me to buy them.They are so cute. I am sipping on peppermint tea right now.
Old 12-01-2015, 06:05 AM   #156  

Good morning from a wet, chilly Pennsylvania! Did some cyber shopping yesterday, today is laundry and housecleaning. Have a great day everyone!

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with banana
L - turkey soup and sandwich
D - ravioli and stringbeans

Last edited by Renee3; 12-01-2015 at 06:05 AM.
Old 12-01-2015, 07:47 PM   #157  

cals-1735 (360), ex-step class at the Y. Back in the groove. It is such a pleasure to be back to my routine at the y and feel somewhat in control of my eating. I still have to fight cravings-a battle not always won. Plus, I miss the strength and ease I used to feel in my Y classes. I should never have let things get so out of hand from May through August. It has been such a struggle coming back. That is why I keep coming back here. It helps keep me focused and motivated and encouraged.

Renee-You had a busy day planned for today! Hopefully, your house is all bright and shiny and neat and you can sit back, relax with a cup of hot tea and admire your lovely home.

Dee-Miss you! Hope all is well.
Old 12-02-2015, 05:54 AM   #158  

Tera - glad to see you getting back on track! You can do it!

Went to a Glenn Miller Orchestra concert last night. It was very good. Not like the music of today, you could actually understand the words of the songs

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with banana
S - graham cracker
L - turkey soup
S - apple
D - beef burgundy over noodles
Old 12-02-2015, 07:49 PM   #159  

cals-1820 (160), Ex-strength training at the Y. I was able to wear a new top to work today that I bought about a month ago. When I bought it I thought it hid my tummy rolls but alas when I got it home I realized I was incorrect. However, now my tummy rolls are a bit less prominent. Hurrah!

Renee-Big band fan? Did you dance? I love live music of all kinds-except the really loud stuff of course.

Last edited by TERAPET; 12-02-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 06:04 AM   #160  

Tera - I too love music of all kinds. No dancing, it was in the auditorium at our high school. Did a little Christmas shopping with DH yesterday. Not many people out at all. I think they start the holiday way too early....

Yesterday
B - oatmeal with banana
S - graham cracker
L - 1/2 cheese steak sandwich
D - bacon cheeseburger casserole
Old 12-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #161  

cals-1685(610), ex-combo step/strength at the Y. The scale dropped a smidgeon today. Iam going to have to be careful this weekend to not put it back on.

Renee-DH and I are planning to shop together tomorrow. Was your shopping trip successful? I would love to be done with it.
Old 12-04-2015, 05:59 AM   #162  

Tera- yes, our shopping trip was successful. It was just for some little items. I mostly shop online.
Wonder where Dee is. Hope everything is ok.

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal with banana
L - 1/2 steak sandwich
S - pretzels
D - shrimp with veggies
Old 12-05-2015, 06:07 AM   #163  

Sure is quiet on here....no change for me....really hard this time of the year.

Yesterday:
B - oatmeal
S - grapes
L - soup and sandwich
S - pretzels
D - beefy casserole
Old 12-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #164  

Yesterday I did not do well but today was better. Weekends are always a challenge for me but I am working on it. I like alcohol but my total calories for the day can sky rocket quickly when I allow myself to drink. Plus, drinking almost always includes snacking which is also problematic. But, I am generally much better at it-just not yesterday!

I agree things are hard this time of year. I wish I was already at the weight I wish to be at and that I had better control of my appetite when I am around party food. Losing during the holidays is doubly hard!!! I plan to keep trying though.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:54 AM   #165  

Tera - I like a glass of wine with my dinner and it does add extra calories. Today I have a Christmas party brunch with a buffet. I will need to watch my portions. Yesterday I cracked and shelled black walnuts...took forever. I don't think I will be tempted to do that again

Yesterday
B - oatmeal with banana
S - grapes
L - soup am\nd sandwich
S - graham crackers
D - turkey with veggies
Closed Thread