Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2015, 07:39 PM   #91  

Height: 5' 2"

B]Gayle[/B] the headphones sound like a great idea. My computer is in room beside DD's office and computer. If I want to listen to something on computer, it interferes with her work, so I simply don't do it. Think it is time for purchasing some as you have.

Carol Good to have Rusty home, and that it didn't cost as much as you dreaded. Wonder if Rusty's agitation was because of his medical problem and perhaps he will be calmer now.

Mary delighted to hear of your trip to the cost and your fun. Hope all goes well on the installation of your entrance door.

Those itchy body parts must be part of growing older. I don't have diabetes so I can't blame that, thank goodness. Mine seems to set in as I try to go to sleep. Grrrrr

We spent time last evening with our former Priest who gives such good sermons. He had a special Mass for Healing. Chapel was crowded as people from several churches came. I recognized 13 from our church.

We drove home way after dark and I felt uncomfortable driving roads I never see after dark. Luckily they were better lit than I expected and traffic wasn't too bad. Felt good to finally be home.

Yesterday I planted 2 flats of annuals that will survive our winters. The pale blue pansies will brighten up the area to our front door. Still have 1/2 flat to put into patio pots as soon as I get courage to cut down the still attractive summer annuals.

Lynn hope you heal up soon.

Sandy
Old 10-07-2015, 12:53 AM   #92  

Height: 5'3"

Finally getting here. Our oldest gs was visiting his dad while we were gone and he was still here until this evening. Sure enjoyed having him. Wish he could come down more often. He's so nice...last time he came, he made his bed when he left. I told him he didn't have to because I change the sheets after every guest, so this time he didn't make it completely but he still made most of it...just didn't pull the spread up over the pillows..instead he just folded it neatly. How many young men would do that. He and his dad went hunting fpr two days but didn't see any deer, so today they just went to the shooting range.

The guy came and did the final measurements for the front entry/door this morning. He said it will almost Dec before they install the door! So much longer than we were told. Well we've had this old one for 38 years so what's a few more months, I guess. It should be worth it.

I also went to the post office with my dil to try and straighten out the mail mess...ever since they moved from our house they've been getting some of our mail and we get some of theirs. She's tried to get it straightened out several times on her own...but they finally said both of us should be there so I hope they got it straightened out now.

My head has really been itchy today...when I get my hair cut it eases a bit so I think it must almost be time for a hair cut. BTW, the dermatologist told me this itch is nothing that is contagious and often happens as people age. He told me (with my hair and ears) I'll have to use the medicated shampoo the rest of my life! I can't tell it helps that much though. I'm hoping my new doctor will have other ideas. Interestingly, I don't have any rash or redness they can see. I can see my ear lobes are red at times though.

Sandy - annuals during the winter? I have forgotten where you are located.

Glynne - I love getting little surprises like you mentioned too. A new Walmart just opened up not far from us, I'm looking forward to shopping there. Albertsons closed so I only have one grocery store that's really close now, so this will be two again. I also shop at an organic store that is further away esp when I buy meat but I like having other stores closer to me too.

We are on Halo duty tonight. I think we are going to send her to her bedroom but leave the door open and just see what she will do. I suspect she'll go to the living room and sofa but we'll see.. The guys don't think the baby gate idea will help, because she will still feel trapped and alone. We think she just can't bear being shut in. She also does not like to be alone unless it is HER choice. I feel like she is gradually getting her way but we have to get some sleep so what can we do. Should be interesting. She might try to jump up on our bed but don't think she can as its a very high bed and will hurt her back. We have never had a dog free in our house at night and I don't like the idea as she is so stinky...it's bad enough she sleeps on the sofas most of the day.
Old 10-07-2015, 08:12 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Gayle, my DH listens to talk radio too, and now he has me enjoying it sometimes. He has it on all night, and we both have pillow speakers that we can turn up to listen if we want. If I wake up in the middle of the night, sometimes I will listen for a while and it helps me fall back to sleep. When we are in the car, I have a lot of music on my MP3 player that I listen to with earphones. Just depends on what's on the radio.

Mary, my step-children both had to make their beds before they left the house each day from the time they were young. My step-son still does that to this day and would probably do it when visiting, also. I really doubt if my step-daughter kept that up. LOL It is good when young people keep up the manners they were taught.

My scalp used to get itchy but doesn't anymore. I don't know what's different. I use OTC medicated shampoo sometimes if I feel a bit of itching.

Sandy, my leg itching is mostly during the night, too. Some nights are worse than others. Last night when I first went to bed they were very itchy. I was going to get up and take a shower and put lotion on, but then suddenly it calmed down and I fell asleep. A shower and lotion has a way of helping for a while. It makes the rash get bright red, but it doesn't itch as much. Sometimes I will just wash my legs and apply lotion.

I don't think Rusty's barking has anything to do with his medical problem, because he was happy and jumping around before this. Now he is laying around, and goes way back in a corner somewhere to lie down. I guess it will take a few days until he starts to get back to normal. I just hope it happens soon. I'm afraid he will get an infection. They gave him an intervenous antibiotic that is supposed to last for 2 weeks. I hope it does it's job. I don't know why I decided to get another dog. Not that I don't love Rusty, but I didn't expect this.
Old 10-07-2015, 03:51 PM   #94  

Ok, Halo has won the night time battle...figured she would Last night I walked her to her bed in our son's bedroom as usual and told her to stay (rather half heartedly as knew she wouldn't but felt I had to make the effort. ) but didn't close the door and went to bed. I think it took her a few minutes to realize she was free but soon I heard her walking down the hall and across the kitchen floor, and soon she was quiet. I was sure she was on one of the sofas. I slept good but still got up twice per normal...the second time at 4:30. That time I took a flashlight to check on her. Sure enough she was on the sofa but surprisingly she wasn't under the doggie mat and she didn't appear to be asleep...she was just sitting there and staring right at me, like yeah, I'm here, what you gonna do about it? I just went back to bed. Didn't hear a peep out of her all night. Dh rationalized that it was maybe good she's out there as if we don't hear the ding-ding (one of our security systems), she may bark if she becomes aware someone is out in front. She doesn't always though when she's sleeping. I really don't understand her ...after dh let her out this am, she comes in and sleeps on her bed in the family room...why can't she do that at night Tonight I may (just as a test), pull her bed (her night time bed) out into the hall near our room and see if she might stay on it since now she knows she's free. It's like a game we are playing now, but she is definitely winning. I have to admit it it was nice being on Halo duty AND getting sleep!

We went to the gym this morning! It's been quite a while...so all we did was walk the track about a mile. I was up for doing more but dh said that was enough and I didn't want to push it. We then went to Costco to do our coupon shopping. So far nothing done here at home other than taking out trash/garbage. The house seems dirty to me since we got home and I need to get busy on it.

Carol Sue - Poor Rusty...I hope he feels all better soon. I can't imagine having radio on all night and I never heard of pillow speakers but I'm not a radio person, never listen to it. Funny I LOVE music but I don't like to listen to it unless I'm in the mood to sing along with it. I love singing at church and I sing around the house and in the car just on my own a lot. I also listen to music videos online and often sing along with them. I esp like to listen to Christian/Messianic Jewish videos on Sunday morning while waiting til time to go to the church. I like the ones with lyrics and I sing along with them. I come from a family that loved to sing...not only did we sing in church ...my dad and sister used to sing duos now and then even...but also on Sundays we would gather around our old upright piano and sing. My sister is a good piano player...used to play in church, I took lessons but never got very good at it. The neighbors seemed to enjoy it (at least they said they did!) On the bed making...I taught all my kids to make their beds..they didn't always get it done before school, but they had to do it at some point every day except weekly when I changed the sheets for them. But now I don't think any of them make their beds daily...one might. I make my bed as soon as we get up...can't stand seeing it all a mess and don't feel I've started cleaning my house until it's done...but I remember when I was younger, I didn't think about it that way so much.

Well a few more computer things and then I have to get busy..you all have a good day.

Last edited by maryea; 10-07-2015 at 04:32 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 08:48 AM   #95  

Mary, we don't have the radio on for music, but for the overnight talk shows. Sometimes they talk about interesting things, sometimes not. When we first got married, DH had to have the talk shows on to go to sleep. He didn't have pillow speakers. I would wake up in the middle of the night and try to turn the radio off because I couldn't go back to sleep. Finally, he got a pillow speaker. It is a small, flat speaker about the size of the palm of your hand, and they go under your pillow, so when you have your head on the pillow you can hear it, but no one else can. Finally, I asked him to get one for me. It has a volume knob so you can turn it off if you want to. The only time I listen to music is in the car. Personally, I like to fall asleep with the TV on. Lots of times I go into bed to watch something but fall asleep and miss it. DH comes into the room and turns off the TV, then I wake up again and turn it back on. LOL

Rusty seems to be turning a corner on his medical issue. His behavior is getting back to normal. This morning he had his first bowel movement since Sunday. He hasn't been eating much, but I think he will feel better now and get back to eating.

I think Halo is set in her ways, Mary. I guess if she wasn't such a stinky dog it wouldn't be so bad. My friend uses a dry dog shampoo on her dog, just rubs it in, and it makes her smell better. Don't know if you've tried that.
Old 10-08-2015, 12:11 PM   #96  

I overbooked today...I have two appts...dentist and eye doctor. At least I got a good sleep. I tried the bed in the hall idea, but she still went back to the living room a few minutes after I went to bed. I give up, I choose sleep over the battle with her. I hope though that she will continue to sleep in our son's room when he is home.

Carol Sue - No, we haven't tried the dry shampoo yet. I wonder how long it lasts. We have several products we either spray or rub into her coat and they help but only a short time plus they smell so chemical so I don't really like them. She hasn't seemed quite so smelly since we got home, not sure why. I sometimes wonder if it is something to do with her hormones as it is worse at times than others. We have bought a supposedly better dog food (expensive!) and put stuff in her water for her breath. The dry shampoo is the only thing we haven't tried so guess that's next.

Glad Rusty is doing better. Glad talk radio helps you guys sleep. It would drive me nuts...I'd rather music than the talk! But each his own. I've even tried hypnosis (for dieting) and couldn't even stand that in bed. It did help me when I did it in the afternoon and sometimes I even went to sleep for a few minutes. I don't like taking the time out of my day anymore though.

Forgot to weigh myself this morning but know it would have been high. I've been gaining and my bs was very high this morning. Telling myself I have to get back on track. I do so well for a little while then get off track again. If I gain anymore I won't be able to find any clothes to fit, not even thinking of the health consequences, so better catch it now. My dd has started a business selling LulaRoe clothes. She says they fit all sizes but I haven't tried them yet. I'm hoping that will motivate me to lose a few pounds. Here's her FB page...if you or anyone you know is interested, you can sign up. Don't think you can see much unless you do. Of course you can google for the LulaRoe main site, but if interested please sign up at her sign or message/email her to ask question or buy. I'd like her to help her in her new venture. Just go to Facebook, and type in LulaRoe Carolyn Dawson VIP and it should come up.

Hi everyone...no more time, much to do today..

Last edited by maryea; 10-08-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 10-08-2015, 07:35 PM   #97  

Height: 5' 2"

Mary I did weigh and it is up again. Ate better today. After the junk I've had the past week I'm not surprised.

Can't take talk radio nor talk TV. Enjoy music but prefer quiet room when I'm going to sleep. Slept great last night.

Busy day today with Bible class that was unusually good. Great discussion and the Video made lots of questions understandable. So glad DH goes with me.

Flu shots received today for both of us. It was 2:00 pm when we finally got home. I've been hours trying to update Quicken, reconcile credit card, and bank statement. DH had such a huge amount of charges and then a lot of returns. Some returns were for cash, some went on the card. I had a time trying to get that straightened out. Finally all is finished and backed up on a separate hard drive.

We still have to pack for our trip tomorrow. My clothes are in washer so that is my next task. We'll be in area that has few stores, no decent place to eat. I'm taking a coffee maker and some easy food like cheese, Kashi bars, apples, nuts, etc.

At least we will have Lunch at a great restaurant that has chefs from the famous Greenbrier in West Virginia. (Mary we live a few hours from there)

Carol Rusty is also glad to be getting back to normal. Amazing how attached we get to those dogs. We have a concrete statue of the little West Highland Terrier we had for 13 years. At least I don't have to worry about is vet bills any more.

Ears itching, time to go use the new Rx lotion. Dr. Said put 2 drops in, but I got too much and flooded my ear, lost hearing for a day till it finally drained back out. Now I'm more careful.

Annuals work here in middle eastern states, at least the Johnny Jump Ups do well in pots, and pansies in the ground. The pansies will be covered up when the 15" Japanese grass comes up to replace them when spring comes.
Old 10-08-2015, 10:36 PM   #98  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

It has been a good day ~ got some foods fixed. Some greeting cards fixed up and letters written and out to the mail box.

Got to talk to my mom a few minutes.

Today was our grandson Corbin's 18th birthday ~ where has the time gone?

Gonna get together with Sara and the kids sometime this weekend to give them their birthday gifts. We were away when it was Maddie's birthday. Sara suggested Sweet Tomatoes. We enjoy that place. They have a nice salad bar and other stuff which is yummy, but is off limits now with this way of eating.

DH finished his several weeks of cardiac rehab. He ~ so disciplined ~ wants to keep up with the walking at home. I am kind of excited about that though, because with him doing it (like the way of eating we are doing) it will help me to do it more consitstently with him doing it. We used to walk a few years back ~ we would go out and walk around the loop of our neighborhood every day when he got home from work. But then I had to go back to work. I did keep up with the walking on my own for a while ~ I worked the 3-11 shift and would do it before I got ready for work each day. Then I went back to the night shift 7p to 7a and the walking went out the window. I would do it occasionally, but not consistently like I needed to. Sadly, while we were walking I was about 1/ 2 way to my goal ~ lost almost 40 pounds. But gradually, over time put it all back on and have never gotten back to that weight in all these years. So now with DH's plans to keep up his walking ~ maybe there is hope for me. We plan to walk in the evenings after Sara picks up Maddie. Other people in the neighborhood walk at that time too.

Sandy ~ glad you got your Quicken thing reconciled. I don't envy you having to do that. DH does ours ~ all that stuff is like Greek to me. Enjoy your upcoming trip.

Mary ~ hope your eye and dentist appointments went well. Sorry your battle continues with Halo and that she seems to be winning. I'm with you though ~ I'd opt for sleeping instead of the battle. I went to that website of the clothes your daughter is selling. Some of them are pretty, but I don't go anywhere I could wear things like that.

Carol ~ I have to admit that at times there have been interesting programs on the talk radio, but the part I didn't like was the news that DH was playing. It kind of surprised me, because he doesn't listen to the news on TV ~ says he doesn't like hearing all that bad/negative stuff. And the day we were in the car ~ that is what was on ~ and it was one bad thing right after another. I just didn't get it. I used to listen to an audio book to try to help me go to sleep. I would go to sleep, but when the story stopped, it would wake me up. Then someone told me that you could fix the CD player so it would play over and over again. Eventually I got away from that and now listen to ocean waves on one of those sound machines. That seems to help me. I've tried music, but I enjoy it too much and keep wanting to listen to the “good” songs that are playing ~ LOL.

Karrine ~ hope you are feeling better so you can enjoy the visit with your daughter and the Thanksgiving celebration.

Lynn ~ how are you doing? Is the work at your condo done or still going on. Hope it returns to normal for you soon.

Well, soon it will be time for bed, so I'd better get this finished up. Hope you all rest well tonight.
Old 10-09-2015, 01:01 PM   #99  

I slept half the night then woke up coughing. Rather than disturb DH I came out into the living room and read for a while. Fell asleep and woke up around 6 and went back to bed and slept until 8.

I think I mentioned that Rusty always lays under the dining room table but when we go out, would climb up on the back of the couch. Now he started doing that all the time. He's only about 13 lbs so fits up there nicely. I think he likes to be up high where he can see everything and is in the living room with us. When I come into the dining room to get on the computer he sometimes will come in here with me, but isn't doing it today. I don't mind him climbing up there, but if company comes, he might object to them sitting on his couch. LOL

Gayle
, I am the same with music. Want to listen to the songs and sometimes sing along. The drone of the voice on the talk show puts me to sleep somehow. The regular guy who is on overnight talks about a variety of subjects and people call in. Many times is is subjects that are in the news. Some are funny, some are serious. When he is off, the guy who fills in for him talked about politics constantly. I tend to turn him off. I don't like hearing about politics over and over. When we are in the car during the day, some of the talk shows can be irritating because the host tries to get people riled up about subjects and enjoys fighting with the callers. That's when I tend to put on my MP3 player and listen to music.

Sandy, I am so accustomed to falling asleep with the TV on that I have a hard time falling asleep with total silence. I tend to watch talk TV also. I can't fall asleep with a sit-com on because of the canned laughter.

Hi Karrine and Lynn!
Old 10-09-2015, 02:44 PM   #100  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

Well, we have gotten our walk in for the day. Had originally talked about doing it in the evenings after Maddie goes home, but DH went out to put the trash barrels away and said it was a nice temperature, so why didn't we go and get it done. He had to kind of make adjustments ~ he is long legged and can walk faster than I can, but needed to be able to walk faster to get the benefit, so he would walk and get ahead of me, then double back the other way for a bit and then turn and catch up with me again. It worked out well. I am thankful that he has self discipline because it will benefit me too. I don't do so well when left to my own devices ~ LOL.

I finally used a kitchen gadget I have had for a while but hadn't gotten around to trying. A veggetti. I made the zucchini noodles (zoodles they call them). Served them with spaghetti sauce on top and a sprinkle of parmasean cheese. I really liked them. I had been dragging my feet about trying it out, because I wasn't exactly sure how it worked ~ but thanks to Youtube (I love Youtube) I watched a little video of a lady using one. Being able to see how it was done was a big help. I wonder if you can do other vegetables with it?

Mary ~ I think it was you that asked about my RA injection (Humira) and rather it hurt or not. I had my 3rd dose today. It is given in either the abdomen or thigh and as with injections, you have to rotate sites. The first time, I chose my abdomen. It stung a little ~ but wasn't too bad. The second time, I chose my thigh ~ it stung quite a bit that time. I don't know if there is anything I can do to make it sting less in the thigh. The only thing I could think of was to let it have a longer time after taking it out of the fridge before injecting it.

We got news last week that the insurance plan we have is going to be discontinued and we will have to choose a different one for next year. We wondered if they were giving us the boot because of the cost of this injectable RA med (Humira), because the notice came about a week after the charge from the pharmaceutical company for that med hit the insurance company. It is priced outrageously. DH showed me a paper ~ they charge $3,500 for two doses. I don't understand how the insurance works ~ if you have it they help, but for someone who doesn't have it ~ a patient would not be able to afford to be on this med. No wonder they don't want to keep us. That price is ridiculous. The lady who comes from the company that makes it and teaches patients how to give it ~ has a list of what insurance companies will cover this med. We don't know rather any of those will be available to us. Part of her job is helping patients figure out how to afford this med. I may have to ask the doctor if there are other options.

Another concern with having to find a different plan is rather all of our current doctors will be a part of it. I hate the thought of having to find different doctors and starting all over with new ones.

Carol ~ my daughter's little dog likes to sit up on the back of the sofa also. Like Rusty ~ I think she likes to be up where she can see what is going on ~ who comes to the door etc.

Head has been aching all through the night ~ it eased up a little after I took some tylenol with caffeine in it early am, but when that wore off, it is bothering again. Not a horrible one, but enough so that I an not in the mood to do much of anything. Grrrrr ~ oh well.

Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 10-09-2015, 06:42 PM   #101  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Sugar creeping back into my diet. Think I will do the 10-day detox again (no Nugo Protein bars/coffee/chewable calcium...).

Painting done. Now, I just need to get my stuff back where it belongs. Tai Chi, acupuncture, dermatologist, cardiologist all good.

I will finish my class on Tuesday. Come back then to do personals. Have a good weekend.

Lynn
Old 10-10-2015, 02:02 AM   #102  

One of those days when I feel like I'm busy (spinning my wheels!) but not really getting much done. We did get to the gym, but not much done here at home.

Glynne - Nice that your dh is patient about the walking. I like walking with someone who walks a bit faster than me as it makes me push more, but of course not if I'm in pain. On the track we walk separately because I walk faster than him these days. I wish he could walk like he used to. I'd love to walk together around our neighborhood, and he tends to walk faster outside, but he won't do it anymore. Cherish your times together because things don't usually stay the same. How did the shot go today? When I thought I might have to inject myself (and I still may someday), I was mostly worried about sticking it in...figure if I can get over that, I'd be ok with it. Hope you can find an insurance that doesn't cost too much and covers those expensive meds. Seems like people are having MORE problems with insurance these days than even before the Affordable Care Act!

Sandy - Sorry about the gain, but I'm the same way...I'm at the highest I've been since the first of the year.

My dental visit went well. I think using an electric toothbrush is working for me. My eye visit went ok...I have been having more problems with my close up vision, but he said it really hadn't changed that much. He said my cataracts have grown slightly and that may be making it harder to focus which may make me feel I've lost vision. My distant vision (which I thought was the same) has decreased a little bit though and he gave me a new prescription if I want to change my lenses. He said the little change in the top part of my bifocal would also help the lower part and probably help me see a bit better close up too, so think I'll do it. My pressure is also up...it's been in the 20s for a long time but since he hasn't seen me for a while, he wants me to have another field vision test. I hope I pass it as I don't want to have to take eye meds. I've seen dh go through all that. The good news is that despite my higher BS the last few years, he didn't find any diabetic changes in my eyes. So thankful for that.

Not sure what to do with Halo tonight...her master is still out. She usually sleeps in his room when he's home, but not sure she'll be quiet if I put her in there before he gets home even though until recently we always did that.

Last edited by maryea; 10-10-2015 at 02:03 AM.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:32 AM   #103  

Gayle, I have a Vegetti. I like it, but I don't use it much. DH won't eat the zucchini, so it's just for me. I didn't like it with tomato sauce, but I did like it with jarred Pesto Sauce. When I do make it it's my lunch since DH doesn't eat it.

Have you looked into financial help for the Humira? It, along with other boilogics, are used for psoriasis, too, but I never thought of taking it because of the high cost, and also the possible side effects.

When DH and I used to walk outside I went faster than he did and I would go ahead then circle back to where he was. That worked for us. It's hard to believe that I walked faster than he did back then.

Mary, I always preferred walking alone so I could set my own pace. Years ago a neighbor saw me walking the neighborhood and wanted to join me. When we walked, we tended to get into conversations which slowed us down a bit, then when we would get to a hill I used to go up, she would say she didn't feel like doing the hill so we would skip it. Eventually, she couldn't go because she had a 3 year old and no one to watch him, so I got to go alone again. That summer I walked those 3 miles every day, faithfully, but only lost 2 lbs in 3 months (over the summer.) I'm sure I was healthier for doing it, but I wanted weight loss. You really have to change your diet to get weight loss.

I tend to agree that Halo is going to win the war!

Lynn, sorry to hear about the sugar creeping back in. That happens with me, too, and I have to just nip it in the bud. With diabetes, I can't allow that. I think part of the problem is the idea of the 10 Day Detox. It puts you in the mind that you are going to do this for 10 days. You are very strict for the 10 days, but then after that's over, you start thinking that you can have this or that. You seem to be good at sticking to a plan when you have to. Maybe you could try doing a life-long plan with 1 "cheat day" per week. You stay on course for 6 days, but then have 1 day a week that you can have something sweet. That seems to work for some people who just can't give up the sweets altogether. My sister-in-law lost 97 lbs by dieting 6 days a week and going out for dinner on Saturday night, choosing whatever she wanted from the menu with no regard for calories, carbs, sugar etc. She also exercised by walking to and from work, about a mile each way.
Old 10-10-2015, 03:42 PM   #104  

Our son did not get home by the time we went to bed so we put Halo in her room and surprisingly she was quiet until she heard him come in.

This morning we went to an insurance meeting regarding changes to our benefits. When we got there we found out it was not really for our plan but he did mention ours a few times. So we sorta wasted our time, but we did find out one thing...our OTC products monthly credit has been cut in half. It's still a good deal of course since we don't pay anything, just not as good as it was. He didn't mention that anything else has changed for us. We feel very blessed.

I love to walk but prefer to do it outside with someone to talk with. The track is very boring. I'm thinking about going back to the treadmill...it's boring too, but for some reason, once the program is set I'm more inclined to stick it out and I like watching my progress on the monitor. If want I can also watch TV. I probably can read too, although I don't remember if I ever did that..

My dd who is in very good shape...eats small balanced (carb, protein, fat) meals several times a day 6 days a week and allows herself one meal a week where she eats a reasonable size meal but eats whatever she wants. I am not that disciplined but wish I were.

I have much to catch up on here at home...doing too much running around this week..

Last edited by maryea; 10-10-2015 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #105  

Mary, I was like you DD when I was in my 30's but after getting married I changed my habits to match those of DH. He doesn't gain weight from it, but I do. I have never had the discipline to get back to that, unfortunately. I'm always going to do it "tomorrow."

My son has that same OTC feature with his insurance. I have never had that. It sounds like a great idea.

I have not yet learned of the insurance changes with our insurance. Soon. We have changed insurance the past 3 years. The same company, but different plans, based on the out-of-pocket costs vs the benefits. We had some high out-of-pocket costs the 2 years I was dealing with my bowel issues, but otherwise they are minor.
Closed Thread