Old 07-01-2016, 02:55 PM   #76  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

PrairieQueen I didn't even see your message about passing TJ's and going back that way in two weeks sorry ... my message must have seemed really ... that's what I get for not refreshing my screen

Carol Sue send me your zoodler
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 06:03 PM   #77  
~Rennie

Hello Fellow 50 and uppers ... where have you all gone
Old 08-02-2016, 07:03 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

I'm here, but nothing new to add Maybe if my experiment gets the desired results....
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 07:29 PM   #79  
~Rennie

I've been reading bits and pieces ... are you trying to shake things up? I'm sure it will work. Years ago a friend here on 3FC calculated my calories and told me that on average I eat about 1600 calories a day. She told me I should try eating that way a couple of days a week on purpose and see if I could break my plateau and it worked. So prayerfully your experiment will work for you and you'll be on your way to 130 and lower soon
Old 08-02-2016, 08:04 PM   #80  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
I've been reading bits and pieces ... are you trying to shake things up? I'm sure it will work. Years ago a friend here on 3FC calculated my calories and told me that on average I eat about 1600 calories a day. She told me I should try eating that way a couple of days a week on purpose and see if I could break my plateau and it worked. So prayerfully your experiment will work for you and you'll be on your way to 130 and lower soon
I am trying ^^^^ Thanks for your support. I'll keep you posted!
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:44 PM   #81  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

HELP me please, my allergies have kept me from being active outdoors this summer. The pollen & ragweed are worse than normal & I gained some pounds.

I need some structure to lose weight, my size medium clothes are snug, so I've been wearing my sundresses & stretchy yoga pants all summer.

Would you'all pLease help me to get back in control & we can support each other with our weight loss together

I ate 4 big chocolate chip cookies for dessert So would you'all each consider giving a weekly no-no food for us to avoid, so we could break some unhealthy food habits together, starting tomorrow....

Thanks for your feedback. I'd love to lose -10# pounds by tomorrow's date in September.

miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 09:08 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 211.2/194.8/170

Height: 5'10"

Hi there fellow 50ers! May I join this group? My name is Tracy and I turn 51 in a few months and have decided to embark, once again, on becoming healthier, fitter and lose this weight that I have lost and gained a few times.

I would love the support and would love to give support as well.
Bucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 11:47 AM   #83  
~Rennie

Dee and Tracy

Dee I think that's a great idea ... to suggest one food for the week. Do you mean a food that we all not eat or one that we won't eat? I need to suggest at least 2-3 for me not to eat.

Here's my food(s) for the rest of the week
1) frosted flakes
2) chips of any kind
3) rice and crackers

Tracy of course you may join

Here are some other threads that you may be interested in also depending on what plan you follow or whether or not you like fun challenges

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/100-...ntability.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...22-2016-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/othe...ad-5-a-20.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...enge-99-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chic...nge-325-a.html

Last edited by love2b150; 08-03-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #84  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Good Morning ladies:

Hello love2b: I, too, am having trouble dropping the weight in my 50s! Thank you for this thread!

PQ: You strike me as a very determined gal, I'm positive you will start to see a downward trend soon!

Dee: Have you considered healthy substitutes for "no-no foods"? I make these tahini-oatmeal cookies that are simply oats, honey, tahini, cinnamon, and walnuts. There are also some that are peanut butter based without any grains at all. My daughter makes one that is medjool dates and almond butter with organic dark chocolate chips. It's nice not to deprive yourself of a treat, and to be able to feel good while eating it, and these really do taste like cookies. My problem food is ice cream. I was reading about this appliance called "Yonannas" that supposedly turns frozen bananas into a soft serve consistency "ice cream". I don't want to spend upward of $100 to find out, so I've been trying some of the recipes in my blender! They are really very good and my craving for ice cream evaporates. It just requires a bit of effort, but it's worth it! If you are interested, I'll send you some cookie recipes that I enjoy. My no-no foods this week: regular ice cream, regular cookies and McDonalds after work! It kills me that they serve breakfast 24 hours now......!

Tracy: WELCOME! I've not posted on this thread before, so maybe it's presumptuous for me to welcome you! LOL! But I've found everyone at 3FC to be warm and supportive, so I doubt that anyone will mind! My weight has gone up and down over the years, but this time I want it to be finally and forever!

Have a great day one and all!

April

Last edited by LurchMomma; 08-04-2016 at 01:27 AM.
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:17 PM   #85  
Began WW OPP 7/19/16

S/C/G: 284.6/266.4/195

Height: 5' 8"

I'm 51, hypothyroid, in menopause and though I am not losing as fast as I want to, I am just thankful the scale is going down and not up. I began this current journey 7/19/16. I love sweets so I keep Skinny Cow or Weight Watchers ice cream treats on hand. =) I wish my fellow 50+ 'ers best wishes.

Last edited by EMERALDberry; 08-09-2016 at 07:37 AM.
EMERALDberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016, 12:43 PM   #86  
~Rennie

April, I'm not a fan of peanut butter cookies but I'd be willing to give them a try as a protein snack Do share the recipe. I also don't like oatmeal so no oats for me picky I am LOL, I avoid the fast food because they are all in the opposite direction of home with the exception of one BK but if I don't have a coupon I won't stop (cheap) Love your attitude of finally and forever

Hi Emmy

oh I'm not the thread starter for this thread ... our friend Kat is Kat where are you?

Last edited by love2b150; 08-03-2016 at 12:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 02:53 PM   #87  
Sandee

Height: 5' 2"

I lost my post & I don't have time to write my long post to everyone again so here's a short summary of my post to everyone.

Thank You all for your thoughtful Welcome to me

Love2b... Thanks for starting our no-no foods list for everyone this week. I'm writing it down & put it on my fridge to Stare At Me, so I'll eat healthier this week. I appreciate your 'no chips' because they are a huge weakness for me, so I wrote your 3 down & here's my 3 no-no to add to our week's unhealthy list.
No eating after 7pm unless it's veggies, naked style
No drinking after 7pm anything with sugar in it.
No salting our food after it's on our plate, salt is allowed only in recipes.

April... I had a Yonnana 2 yrs ago & I used it 3 times & I returned it, because it was a nuisance to clean & the recipes are better using a blender. We are much better off to use semi frozen fruit in our blender & able to add anything you desire. Thanks for your no-no foods this week, where were you last night when I was eating my 4th cookie I also have a habit at McDonald's getting a biscuit subbing the sausage for bacon on it & drizzling a packet of honey or getting a McChicken sandwich adding double pickles to it.

Emerald... Thanks for your ice cream treats to keep handy. If my cravings get out of control when I see my Dh eating ice cream, I sometimes drizzle chocolate syrup over cool whip, or I mix a sugar free pudding cup with a spoonful of cool whip to satisfy my cravings.

Hi Tracy... What unhealthy foods are your weaknesses? We're all on the same boat here

Here is a nutritionist that I watched on PBS a few years ago. She subs unhealthy food ingredients for healthy & her food is tasty. I love her cocoa lava cookie recipe, crispy outside & soft center
http://www.zonya.com/healthy_recipes.html

See you'all soon
miniDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:36 AM   #88  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Welcome to the new posters on the thread!

Rennie - I'm here just lurking. I do come in to read a lot of the time. I am sort of struggling to stay below 150, letting extra calories slip in. I guess it happens after one has been pretty strict for over a year. But, I am not giving up!

I do have some food(s) for the rest of the week.

No- No Sugar Added Ice Cream - because I just don't eat it plain. I add semi-sweet mini morsels, sugar free choc syrup, pecan pieces and lite whipped topping to it. Mmm good, but too many calories. Going to stick to my No sugar added Fudgesicles!

No- Sugar free Voortmans Peanut Butter Wafer cookies - thank God they are gone and not buying anymore.

No- Snapeas crisps - They are gone now too, but I could not put the bag down. I got them at Costco because they had pretty healthy ingredients, but I overdid it every time I had some. It was a huge bag. Won't buy them again either.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 12:09 PM   #89  
Fishing for a plan!

S/C/G: 225/225/155

Height: 5'8"

Hello Ladies!

Dee, Kat, Love2b, Emerald: Thanks to all of you, I was able to resist the siren song of McDonalds at 1 a.m.! I was driving home from work and actually turned into the entrance, headed for the drive thru, struggled mightily, thought of this thread, and pulled back out onto the road. I don't know why I want a Sausage McMuffin washed down with cold orange juice every night. Either that, or Sea Salt Caramel ice cream from UDF. Any thoughts on why my strongest cravings seem to be for Sweet/Salty combinations? Some sort of deficiency? Weird.

I will look for that cookie recipe. The one with the medjool dates is my favorite, because it really tastes like a chocolate chip cookie. You puree the date and it is what adds the sweetness, and the dark chocolate chips are divine. Of course, you can't eat a bunch at one time, because they still are pretty calorie dense, but the ingredients are actually GOOD for you, and they keep in the refrigerator for a long time.

Have a great day everyone!

April
LurchMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #90  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

April - CONGRATS on driving away from Mickey D's! Keep that up and you will see the pounds just start to fall off.

My favorite salty/sweet combo was party mints and peanuts. I think that is why my favorite candybar was a Payday - because it was salty sweet. I, also, liked those peanut bars with a peppermint patty (mom and dad got me liking those). I don't think it's unusual for people to like the combination. You are normal
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote