Old 06-20-2016, 09:19 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Dina, I think each person has to find the eating plan that works best for them. We are all different. Some people can't give up carbs altogether so they can't stick to low carb. Others get completely out of control if they eat any amount of carb. Some count calories, and it drives other people nuts. The best thing to do is read what each person has to say about their way of eating and decide which plan would fit your lifestyle. If you can't stick to a plan long term, it probably isn't best for you. Also, you can make your own plan, based on your likes and dislikes. Just be sure, there is no easy fix. You must work at it.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:27 PM   #62  

Prairie Queen, the Little Big Bread in Target is not found in the bread aisle. Our Target has it on a table display in between the 2 dairy cases with some other misc baked goods. It's in a blue package.

Katiam, since we are retired, we try to shop at times when the stores are not crowded. When I go to Target or Walmart, I like to do a few laps all around the store, pushing my cart like a walker. Since it's not crowded I can go at a pretty good clip. I have seen some other people who seem to be doing the same thing.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 06-20-2016 at 09:27 PM.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:12 PM   #63  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Well I have copied and pasted my coming back on two other threads ... funny I was the one that said we need to revamp this thread and then I disappeared. I'm sorry

I am restarting tomorrow with a new thought pattern and more focus ... see you then
love2b150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:21 AM   #64  

S/C/G: HW 233/SW 230/207/165

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back, again, Rennie! Just take one day at a time. You can do it!

Carol Sue - I never thought about using Walmart or Target for walking, but I know there is a walking club that meets up at the mall to walk. I think they go early in the morning, too, to avoid the shoppers.

Hit a new low this morning - 152.2. I have been enjoying using my copper pan. It really is non-stick and easy to clean. I did read on some of the reviews, it's best not to use metal utensils which I don't because I have plastic that I use for my other Teflon pans. I even cooked pan fried pork loin chops in it with no oil or coating on my chops, just a rub I made. Turned out really good.

Hope everyone is doing great!

Last edited by katiam247; 06-23-2016 at 07:22 AM.
katiam247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 08:50 AM   #65  

Carol Sue, low carb is not about giving up all carbs. There are carbs in fruit, vegetables and dairy and you can also incorporate carbs from whole grains in small amounts. It is very doable.
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:51 AM   #66  
~Rennie

Thanks Kat Congratulations on the new low, WAY TO GO I have a white ceramic pan that works like that. I love it

I'm preparing for my colonoscopy

Day 2 of liquids only, it's not too bad except when I smell food warming at work I'm having my broth now ... it's not bad. I dropped 2.9lbs thanks to only liquids and even though I know it won't stick it was really nice to see that 7 on the scale for a change I am scheduled for my mammogram today.

06/21 ~ 181.8
06/22 ~ 182.2 (+0.4)
06/23 ~ 179.3 (-2.9)

Last edited by love2b150; 06-23-2016 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-23-2016, 03:52 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 245/234/160

Height: 5'8"

Default June 50+ starter

Hello everyone,
I, too, have been on a million diets over the course of my life. I lost 40lbs at age 14! And, though I have been successful on many, and made it to goal on a couple, being moderately overweight has been a lifelong battle. So, I am excited to be starting IP, and hoping for great things. I started with a friend of mine on 6/16/16, and my first weigh-in is tomorrow! I have found it easy to stay on, have not had many cravings, have not been hungry. The veggies are giving me fits, though, since I am not much of a veggie eater. I am experimenting a lot and have found lots of recipes here and on FB/Pinterest. So glad to journey with you all!

mytime16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 04:37 PM   #68  
~Rennie

Hi mytime16 and to the thread Sounds like you're off to a great start with IP. I don't know anything about it other than what I have read on 3FC from the members so I'll just wish you lots of luck with a great weigh in tomorrow
Old 06-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Afternoon all!

Rennie you're a better woman than I am! I had a check up today and they got on me about scheduling a colonoscopy, but I declined this year. I so do not want to go through the prep, after what hubs went through. I know he's a man and whines more. I also know that you don't use Fleets now either, but I can't seem to do it. I will do my mammagram within the next two weeks and get my blood work done....easy peasy.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 06-24-2016 at 12:57 PM.
PrairieQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 12:58 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 245/234/160

Height: 5'8"

Thanks, Rennie! Good news! I lost 11lbs and my friend lost 6lbs at our week 1 weigh-in today!!! It feels good to be moving in a negative direction!!! LOL.

Anyway, I am continuing to try recipes to help the veggie situation. For anyone that has a Wegmans grocery nearby, they have "riced" cauliflower and "spaghetti" zucchini and summer squash in their produce section where cut peppers are. I picked some up to try a few different ways. I am not a cauliflower fan at all, so I will need to hide that flavor : / I did make a roasted garlic dressing which has been my personal favorite of anything thus far. It is almost like an aoli made with garlic, oil, vinegar, and egg white. I like it on salads, meats, soups (used like sour cream). It does count as a fat, though, so it has to be limited.

Press on, people. We can do this!
mytime16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 11:22 AM   #71  
~Rennie

PrairieQueen, I had never had one and had no clue that I would go through all that I went through. I was hoping to get some insight from someone/anyone on here before hand but no one told their story. Thank goodness I won't have to do it for another 10 yrs. The nurse said everything looked good. The sedation is what has shocked me. I thought it would be a mild sedative but I slept the entire time, they woke me up 3 times. I got something to eat afterwards came home, laid down woke up at 10:30, got off the sofa, went to bed woke up at 9:30. I haven't slept that long in forever :/ ... I won't get the results from my mammogram for about a week. They are hoping to get the images that I got done in Virginia 5 years ago (I can't even remember where I did it and what insurance I had). So good luck with that one

mytime 11lbs GONE is great and good job to your friend also. I use the riced cauliflower, I get it from Trader Joe's. Green Giant also makes one in a bag now that you can use to make the mock potato salad. I use to go to Wegman's in Woodbridge. I love that store so clean Wow, I'll have to see if Trader Joe's has the zunoodles. I hear they are really good I get zucchini and squash from some gardeners that work with me. I have a batch already cooked up and I have a bunch more to cook. If you put the riced cauliflower with beef or chicken it takes on those flavors to me. Give it a shot Oh and do share your recipes, sounds like you're a little picky like me
Old 06-26-2016, 12:51 PM   #72  

Rennie I was going to go to TJs after my doc appt. but totally forgot because I had two other errands while I was in the area. Oh well...I'm headed back that way in two weeks. I'll have to look for some of those veggies.
Old 06-26-2016, 01:34 PM   #73  
~Rennie

PrairieQueen I'm sure you'll make it to TJ's before me. Will you let me know if they have the zunoodles? I don't want to drive 40 minutes and they don't have them Thank you
Old 06-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #74  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
PrairieQueen I'm sure you'll make it to TJ's before me. Will you let me know if they have the zunoodles? I don't want to drive 40 minutes and they don't have them Thank you
Yep....my TJs is about 40 min. away as well. It was ten min from our old house.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:56 AM   #75  

I can't make these subs because DH won't eat them. I have made cauliflower rice for myself, and I have a zoodler, but I can only do it for my lunch, so I don't really bother anymore. He only likes the real deal. I used to make the zucchini noodles or spaghetti squash with butter and parmesan cheese. Delish! But he won't even try it.