Old 02-24-2015, 10:34 AM   #1  

Unhappy Am I the only one who hates dieting?

Hi I'm Cari and new to this forum. Hoping to find some like-minded buddies. Am I the only one who hates counting points or calories or just generally feeling as if my life is controlled by diets, diets and more diets? It's just crazy how many diets I've tried in my life...you name it, I've probably done it! I'm pretty sure I could write 'diet expert' on my business card as an additional qualification. It's so exhausting.
Caring Cari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 02:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Maybe you are one who should be posting on the Intuitive Eating thread. You eat what you want, only when you are truly hungry, and you stop when you are satisfied, not full. There's no counting, no off-limit foods.

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/gene...satisfied.html
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #3  

Default Thanks struggling dieter:)

Thanks for your suggestion
Caring Cari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 01:01 PM   #4  

Height: 6 feet

Hi Carl,

You will have to change your thinking - permanently!

- I have been around dieters all my life and all they think about is diet, dieting and food. Weight control is a lifestyle issue.
-Food is not the enemy. Sure, some people are born with a tendency to pack the weight on while others are naturally skinny. But it still comes down to lifestyle: grabbing the mini-workouts such as climbing the stairs, walking, and not going hungry, ever, to prevent yo-yoing.
-Carl, attack it from multiple angles. When you start to feel the benefits, you will want to do it more. However, this might take a few weeks to kick in.
-And throw away the scales. Cut out the chemically laced junk food. Your loosening clothes will tell you everything without the scales.

Best regards,
Richard Barrett
r60barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:54 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 299/159/129

Height: 5'1

Thanks wannabehealthy, I didn't understand what that tread is - perfect for me. And No cari, you aren't the only one. Calorie counting is unsustainable for me in the long run. I just eat healthy for my body ( no white stuff) 3 x aday and stop when full. So far I've losr 74 pounds easily, happily without stress. One thing I use for craving is Tapping or EFT. Google EFT or Tapping for weight loss. So easy, used it for 7 months now.
FairyGaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:25 PM   #6  
Trying to be in the 160s

S/C/G: See my siggy ;)

Height: 5'8"

The only way to truly conquer weightloss is to love it. So find something that works and you like and go for it.
IanG is offline   Reply With Quote