Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 09:08 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I have had a zipper break when I bent over, and I think I once split my pants up the back. Luckily I wear long tops!

I have a Fitbit One and I am embarassed to say what some of my daily totals are. My highest was in the 5,000+ range, but I have had some days under 1000. I have to work on that.

I'm trying to stay awake to welcome the New Year, but it's getting very close to my bedtime.

Happy New Year Everyone!
Old 12-31-2014, 11:02 PM   #47  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Happy New Year Carol Sue!!!!

Oh I forgot to say that my husband ripped his shirt not from being tight, just from the material being so old. I am sure he is much happier now that I clarified that.

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-31-2014 at 11:04 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:37 AM   #48  

Corinna, when I like something, a piece of clothing, I keep it forever. The material dry rots eventually. Mostly I buy basic pieces so you can't tell they are 15 years old...or maybe I just tell myself that and everyone is talking behind my back that my clothes are dated! LOL
Old 01-01-2015, 03:42 PM   #49  
DIANA

S/C/G: 179(H)/166/150(G)

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I think because this is an "over fifty" group, we are more focused on health than the younger people, who want to lose weight at any cost. I know for me, I am getting older, and it's important to me to remain mobile in my older years. When you're younger, you don't even think about what will happen when you're 70...it seems so far off. I know I don't ever expect to be bathing-suit thin, but I would be very happy to fit into my next-size-down clothes that are hanging in my closet.
Yes, we've been told over and over that all sorts of disease are caused by being overweight. I wonder how much is our inability to get rid of toxins? I would like to remain active and feel great as I grow older, especially in the aches and pains catagory.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 156/150/125

Height: 5'1"

Happy New Year, Everyone! I'm so excited to be a part of this group.

Rang in the new year with a gathering of friends last night. I'm so proud of myself for eating a light meal before I left the house and then making really good choices (for me it's low carb/sugar) while at the party. Also, just one sip of champagne to ring in 2015. I feel fantastic today and can't wait to see how the year unfolds.

Looking forward to the sharing and knowledge this group has to offer.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:54 PM   #51  

Height: 5' 2"

Fruit is always a delightful choice!!!

Fit-bit showing 6,000 plus is a dream for me. I wear a pedometer but struggle to get 5,000 several times a week. This is a new year, however, and once again I shall aim for 5,000 steps minimum, instead of just occasionally.

Pleased with lunch at local restaurant and the health and decent calories when I logged the food on line. Good start for new year.

Weight is up from last January inspite of 3 months of Physical Therapy and Gym twice a week. Shows that the problem is primarily in what goes IN my mouth! Thank goodness for second chances. No diabetes, and even arthritis is manageable so far.

Carol Sue, good to bump into you here, too.

Last edited by love2garden; 01-01-2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: new thoughts.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:55 PM   #52  
DIANA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee3 View Post
I got a Fitbit for Christmas...what an eye opener on the steps I take in a day. Right now I do about 6,000 a day. They say you should aim for 10,000 a day. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it once I can get outside this Spring.

I love to garden too and also have a farm.
I have a Striiv and it was eye opening as to daily movement. My year goal is 10,000 steos/day/365 days(=1,642 miles per year) & while I don't always get to 10,000 a day I do achieve my miles for the year. I enjoy the 3 FC thread called 1,000 miles in 2015, come join us(everyone is welcomed).

I also have a garden and live on a farm. We no-til wheat, canola, camolina and sometimes a nitrogen fixing crops like peas. We live in the desert with only an average of 12 inches of rain a year. Most different from growing up in Cincinnati, Ohio. I love living in the NW.
Old 01-01-2015, 04:00 PM   #53  
DIANA

everyone!
Old 01-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #54  
Focus & Determination

Everyone-All through the week, feel free to share on this thread anything that will help you or others live a more healthy lifestyle. Use it to share your struggles and any ways to overcome them. If you desire, you can join in on Saturdays and post your weight loss progress for the week.

Welcome Kjcope. Sounds like you are off to a good start.

Diana, Love2garden, Carol Sue, Renee
-good to see that you all are also trying to be more active for 2015.

Last edited by Corinna T; 01-01-2015 at 06:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 06:55 PM   #55  
Focus & Determination

Default Belly Blasters

Are you looking for some exercises to blast away some of that belly fat and get a sleeker, trim abdomen. Try these moves twice a week for some exercise variety:

3- Fast-Acting Ab Moves
  • Straight Leg Rotation (20 times)
  • Dumbbell Bridge (20 times)
  • Downward Dog into Pushup (20 times)
Watch video to see accurate description:
https://www.yahoo.com/health/add-these-belly-blasting-moves-to-your-routine-at-105870867682.html
Old 01-02-2015, 09:50 AM   #56  

I know that Saturday is supposed to be weigh-in day, but I am just bursting with excitement after stepping on the scale this morning. I just couldn't believe my eyes!

12/27/14 201 lbs This is my starting weight for this journey.
01/02/15 196

This was 5 lbs I had picked up over the holidays. Temporary holiday bloat, probably from eating foods I wasn't accustomed to, like ham, with all the sodium. But I am still happy to lose it so quickly. It gives me incentive to continue in a downward direction. My ticker is now honest!
Old 01-02-2015, 11:26 AM   #57  

Height: 5' 2"

Congratulations Carol Sue, that holiday gain is gone already!!! You are on a great journey and what a start.

Corinna: I'm past age of being able to do most of the exercises you are able to do, regret it, but age is as large a problem as the extra weight is. Glad you can, tho.

Diana, how far is your farm from Bend, Oregon? Our daughter lived there for years but is now back here in the east not terribly far from Cincy. Your farming in low rain fall is interesting. I'd been reading about the advantages of no-till farming and am trying it in some of our small patches. We have plenty of rain fall, but heavy clay soil makes for difficult root penetration. I've been wondering if even the weeds' root penetration may actually help that tight clay soil.

I'll weigh in tomorrow, but hope the scale shows what it did today or less. Day 3 of logging and being extra healthy and careful with food.
Old 01-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Hi everyone! The last few months I've been mostly MIA on 3FC due to helping arrange for elder care for my 93 year old father. He's actually in very good health but at 93 there are just some things he can't do for himself or by himself any more. It's been stressful and the last 6 months have been tough all around. With that said, I'm blessed to have the siblings that I do who make sure that tasks and visits are split up evenly. Well, for the most part and who love my father just as much as I do.

For 2015 I really want to get my health back on track. It's not terrible, but just three short years ago I weighed my lowest, 143 lbs. Now I'm at 196. I refuse to see 200 lbs. again on this 5' body! BTW, for those that received or bought a Fit Bit this Christmas, congratulations and enjoy it! I have the very, very, basic one and regularly log 10,000-12,000 steps per day and haven't really lost an ounce. Just reinforces that at least for me (and probably others) that the war is won on the plate. Regardless of lack of weight loss, I thoroughly enjoy mine and get a thrill seeing the steps add up.

Other things I'd like to accomplish:
--Work fewer weekends
--Eat less processed foods
--Set and stick to a bed-time
--Stop sweating the small stuff
--Lose 20 lbs in the next four months, but if not, be content with any loss

@workinglikeadog: love your avatar. Is that your basset hound? It's my favorite breed of dog. Affectionate, loyal, and those irresistible big paws! If I had a dog, it would be a basset.

@Corinna T: thanks for all your positive and healthy tips. I appreciate them all and they're exactly the kind of encouragement I can use in my life.

Happy New Year and good luck to all!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:06 PM   #59  
TriAthlete

S/C/G: 192/189/169

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
I know that Saturday is supposed to be weigh-in day, but I am just bursting with excitement after stepping on the scale this morning. I just couldn't believe my eyes!

12/27/14 201 lbs This is my starting weight for this journey.
01/02/15 196

This was 5 lbs I had picked up over the holidays. Temporary holiday bloat, probably from eating foods I wasn't accustomed to, like ham, with all the sodium. But I am still happy to lose it so quickly. It gives me incentive to continue in a downward direction. My ticker is now honest!
WELL DONE, CAROL SUE! That is great inspiration!
Old 01-02-2015, 03:24 PM   #60  
TriAthlete

S/C/G: 192/189/169

Height: 5'10"

Default Just did my shopping for the week

I visualize this like putting bumper pads on the bowling alley so the ball doesn't go in the gutter: I am putting some guidelines in place for myself for the next month in order to get back on track. Putting alcohol, sugar, gluten, dairy and processed foods on hold. I don't eat meat, so that's already out. It doesn't feel like being restricted...it feels like it's great to have some structure back in my eating!

My 6-year-old grandson and I made a batch of Carrot-Grapefruit-Ginger juice yesterday, which tasted like pure orange-colored energy this morning for breakfast! I forgot how much I like eating dates, kale salad, sweet potatoes and drinking fresh juice and herbal tea...so I am a very happy camper today!

My tip for the week: plan on making batches of delicious juice to last for 2-3 days for breakfasts. Start Sunday night, and that should mean only having to make it once during the work week and I'll be set!

Thanks to everyone (I think I can identify Carol Sue, Diana, Renee, Corrina!) for the welcome to this site!

Peace!
Shari
Closed Thread