Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 06:51 PM   #31  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Default The Diet Plan for a Skinny New You

Skinny secret! Olive oil contains oleic acid, which sets off your satiety hormones.

Dijon Chicken With Potatoes and Kale 400 Calories

Preheat broiler.
Spread 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard on 1 (2-ounce) skinless piece of rotisserie chicken; place on foil.
Broil for 7 minutes or until mustard is browned.
Sauté 1 tablespoon olive oil and 2 minced garlic cloves in a skillet for 1 minute.
Add 1 small potato, cut into wedges, and 2 cups chopped kale;
sauté for 15 minutes.
Drizzle all with juice from 1⁄2 lemon.

(www.health.com)
Old 12-30-2014, 08:24 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Corinna, my husband knows nothing at all about healthy eating. He eats what he wants, and has never had a weight problem. If he happens to put on a few pounds around his gut he will just cut back on portions and get it back off. Never mentions it, but I start to notice he is leaving more food on his plate. In a way he supports my efforts, because he knows I need to lose for my heart and diabetes, but on the other hand, he will sometimes encourage me to eat more when I'm not hungry. For example, last night before bed he made pancakes. He wanted 2 and I told him to throw away the remaining batter, but he cooked 2 more pancakes. Probably thinking I would eat them. I went to bed, and they are sitting out here on a plate, hard as a rock. LOL Sometimes when he makes too many I will put them in the freezer and bring them out when my grandson is here for a sleepover.

One time he told me "If you eat what I eat you will be thin." I replied "If I eat what you eat I will weigh what you weigh!" Probably even more, because he does a lot of physical labor and burns off a lot of calories.

I just have to work around him.

I think because this is an "over fifty" group, we are more focused on health than the younger people, who want to lose weight at any cost. I know for me, I am getting older, and it's important to me to remain mobile in my older years. When you're younger, you don't even think about what will happen when you're 70...it seems so far off. I know I don't ever expect to be bathing-suit thin, but I would be very happy to fit into my next-size-down clothes that are hanging in my closet.

Shari, good for you on doing the triathelon! I know what you mean about the sugar hangover feeling. I don't eat much sugar, but I get that way from eating too-rich foods.

Jessy, even a small weight lost will help greatly with your blood sugar! Good for you for working on this before it becomes full-blown diabetes.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:53 PM   #33  
<a href="http://lilyslim.

Red face

I am new to this forum. I would also like to join this group.
Old 12-30-2014, 04:59 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 220/ticker/145

Height: 5'

Headed out the door right now, but count me in, Corinna T. Love this idea!
Old 12-30-2014, 05:41 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Welcome new members!!!!! 2015 is going to be an awesome year!!!
Old 12-30-2014, 06:11 PM   #36  
Focus & Determination

Carol Sue - I will be happy when I fit into my next-size-down clothes that are hanging in my closet too. I am getting closer, but not quite there yet. My goal is to wear them again this year with no tightness noted.

Zeldao Welcome!

CurvyNotLumpy
-Glad to see you here again!!

Here with some brainstorming on what I want to do for the start of 2015:

Meals
(no eating past 6:30PM)
  • Breakfast-Cereal with yogurt or oatmeal with fruit
  • Lunch-Salad, sandwich, steamed vegetables
  • Supper-light meal ensuring basic requirements for day are covered.
  • Snacks-fruit, vegetables, nuts
Exercise (some type required daily)
  • Monday/Wednesday/Friday Jog 3+ miles/Push ups/Sit ups/Toe Touches
  • Tuesday/Thursday Walk 3+ miles/Hula Hoop 10 minutes/swim laps in pools for 20 minutes
  • Saturdays 2 hour walk
  • Sunday Bike Ride
  • Evenings - walk with dog

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-30-2014 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 09:30 AM   #37  
Focus & Determination

Thumbs up Happy New New 2015!!!!!!!!

Happy New Year 2015!!!!!
This is the new year for us all to start living that new healthy lifestyle,
where we become something even better than we were before!!!

It starts now. We will all do it together. Wow, it's so exciting!!!!
Old 12-31-2014, 10:29 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I hope Andi finds her way here. I think she would love this concept and all the good vibes. She said her boys were home for the holidays, so maybe she's just busy with them home and will be back after the New Year.
Old 12-31-2014, 01:17 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 154/145/130

Height: 5'-6" roughly

Happy New Year to all of you!!
Old 12-31-2014, 01:33 PM   #40  

Here's to a Happy, Healthy 2015
Old 12-31-2014, 03:45 PM   #41  
TriAthlete

S/C/G: 192/189/169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corinna T View Post
Carol Sue - Is your husband dieting too? Just wondering. It helps when other family members support you on your lifestyle efforts.

Shari-Welcome. Wow, that is impressive that you have done a triathlon. How many have you accomplished?

Diana-even the name of your hula hoop sounds inspiring. I hope you get it soon! Yesterday I got up to 25.

Jessy-You have a very big motivator then to get yourself moving in the right direction. I hope we can help you along that path.
Thanks, Corinna! This will be my third Tri. It gives me a good reason to remember to do things I love to do but don't always make the time for. I really love your messages and look forward to reading them. Thanks for the welcome and the great kick-off to 2015!
Old 12-31-2014, 06:31 PM   #42  

Height: 5' 2"

What a joyful group celebrating the new year and making plans that sound so good. I want to be a part of this, too.

I'M logging on USDA SuperTracker for food and activity and finding a shocker. Beginning to understand why I'm outgrowing my already big sizes. Luckily some pants are stretchy, ones I use for the Gym, but Church clothes are dangerously tight. I'd be super embarrassed if I split them some Sunday!
Old 12-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #43  

Welcome love2garden! I got a Fitbit for Christmas...what an eye opener on the steps I take in a day. Right now I do about 6,000 a day. They say you should aim for 10,000 a day. I'm pretty sure I'll be able to do it once I can get outside this Spring. I love to garden too and also have a farm.

What a great group...this will be a fun year!
Old 12-31-2014, 08:06 PM   #44  
Focus & Determination

Hi Carol Sue! I hope WebWoman-Andi will be joining us too. She probably is busy with the holiday festivities and family.

Lizzie-Thanks. Happy New Year to you too. What a year it will be for us!!!

Thanks Shari. I have never attempted a triathlon. It sounds so impressive. I have walked few marathons, jogged a few 1/2 marathons, and rode a mountain bike about 30 miles for fun. However, I have never combined activities (to include swimming) and accomplished them. So what you have done is something admirable. Makes me think about trying something new this year.

Love2garden:

--Welcome to this thread!!! You made me laugh when I imagined how I would feel if I split my clothes in church. My husband split his shirt under his arm when we went on vacation. I laughed so hard. We quickly went to Wal-mart to buy him a new shirt. He was so worried that someone would see his body. I told him just to keep his arm to his side and no one would notice. He was so relived to find a new shirt that he liked and fit.
--I will have to research the "USDA SuperTracker." Sounds interesting.

Hi Renee. I'm so glad that you are still a part of this group for 2015. I always look forward to seeing your posts. You have always been a great and dedicated contributor.

My starting weight shows I want to include a 14 lb weight loss into my Living Healthy Plan for 2015.

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-31-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-31-2014, 08:15 PM   #45  
Focus & Determination

Smile Choices for 2015

What will you decide? See attachment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg YourChoice.jpg (27.8 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by Corinna T; 12-31-2014 at 08:21 PM.
Closed Thread