Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 11:28 PM   #16  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

Hello friends, we sure had a beautiful day today. I know the rainy season is going to hit soon so am enjoying this beautiful weather while I can. I don't know if you have an Applebys in your neighborhood glynne, but they have a weight watchers section of their menu. When traveling I try to just bring things I can heat in a microwave, sometimes the unit will have a small fridge. My appetite is doing quite a bit better tonight. And I didn't have the urge to empty the refrigerator. LOL I'm still sorry for your loss tam tam, give yourself a chance to grieve, I know it took me awhile to come to grips with the death of my friend who helped me plant flowers in my garden. I couldn't look at my yard for a while.
Old 10-01-2014, 09:38 AM   #17  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, it's raining here too. My mom loved to bake when it rained, I get warm fuzzy feelings on days like this. I'm going to bake a Rosemary wheat bread today, hope I don't eat half the loaf for supper.

jmh6251...do you have a name we can call you? Maybe you posted it before and I missed it, I'm a tad fickle about checking into 3FC's.

K3...you're welcome. As to not renewing your magazine, I totally agree. My favorite site is allrecipe.com and love the rating system they use with the 1-5 stars. You don't have to waste your time making recipes others have tried and put the thumbs down on.

Mary...I had a huge collection of hard cover cook books after we moved into town. After downsizing our house hold and a big rummage sale, I only kept the 6 Taste Of Home hardcover cook books. Last week I moved them to a bookshelf so I could go thru them at night while watching TV. I put some of the recipes I want to try into a notebook (just the page #) and will work my way through the recipes. One of my winter jobs will be cleaning out all the recipes I've collected and never tried.

Cajun...how cute! Do some of the kids do exercises with you?
Quote:
"it's time for you exercise neenee". That's whst they call me. I had to laugh. He knows my routine. After I did floor exercise he said: now it time you jump
P.S. All you jigsaw puzzlers, shame on you. I did one last night and see how addictive they are. I could sit on my butt all day playing them, see what you all started. And I think k3 is the ring leader, where's my rolling pin.

Hey friends, don't mean to ignore anyone's posts but I'm out of time.

Later Gators.

jmh6251
Old 10-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Today is weigh on day and I'm DOWN 1 lb. That makes 20 lbs!!!!!!!!!!! I'm happy.
K3 you are right about having a plan and my own menu. Usually we cook with another camp. Friday night the other camp will cook and we cook the next night. Normally we plan our menu the weekend in advance so I'll know what's being cooked. We went to Walmart last night and got groceries and I picked up something for me to grill. That's my plan and I'm sticking to it!!!

Judy I'm glad your diet is getting a little easier. I don't know what diet you are following but a little tip: the more carbs you take in the more you crave.

Gayle where are y'all traveling to?
Bobbi don't do it or you will have to eat cabbage soup for another week. Yes Bobbi my 3 year old that informed me it was time for my exercise does it with me. He said yesterday " née née my legs hurt". I had to agree. I agree I'm afraid if I try the puzzles I may never go to the camp and have to quit my job. Lol. They are all addicted. Let's get k3 with the rolling pin. She threatened me enough with it. Ha now it's my sweet revenge. How is Dami? Any news? Still praying for him.

Tam so sorry for your loss.

Hi all. I'm out of time.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I lost 1 lb. That's good, but it's weight I had regained. I am still 2 lbs more than my ticker says.

Cajun, that little boy sounds so precious. He's checking up on you. You are doing great!

Bobbi, I collect recipes too. My mom did too, and when she passed away I made sure I got her box of recipes. Still have it. I have a big collection of cookbooks, too.

Mary, I have that 500 Low Carb Recipes book.

Gayle, here are some suggestions. Most restaurants I know of don't allow an adult to buy from the child's menu, but so many have senior or light portions as other have said. Bob Evans has a menu selection, such as chicken, then they will list a 1 piece meal of a 2 piece meal. Some places will allow you to split a meal and maybe just order an extra salad with it. You could also split a sandwich and each get a cup of soup. They want your business and will usually cater to your needs.

When I traveled with a friend, we took a small cooler in the trunk and had deli meat and cheese. We would stop for lunch at a roadside rest stop and have a sandwich. Saved a lot of money. We replenished our meat and chease every couple days. It kept OK. Depends on how hot the weather is. They sell coolers that plug into the cigarette lighter in your car. If you travel often that would be a good investment.

I hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip.
Old 10-01-2014, 05:20 PM   #20  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello ladies. Rain off and on today. Left work early, was hoping to get the bank statement done, but it's not online yet, so I did some other paper work and just took a few hours of "me" time. Have a blessed evening.
Old 10-01-2014, 06:52 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all....It hasn't rained yet....welcome to the sunshine state....time for rebuilding an ark. Played bridge and hands were as dull as the day. Should stayed home and worked on my puzzles.

Can't believe it is October. Tried to find a new calendar and they were all ugly. Need a bright pretty 7"to hang over my desk. darn website where I have been getting them won't take my password. It's not nice to yell at your computer....%$**$#......I keep seeing all the fall recipes and want to have them....you know stews and soups....then walk out the door and it's 90! You can take the girl out of the north but her head stays North!

Well Cajun just designed her own punishment if she screws up this weekend...A week of cabbage soup. that will keep her on PLAN.

Yah me bad...I started the puzzle frenzy. But it is so calming.

So stupid...I just got total ticked after finding a Robby pile behind my desk chair. Grabbed 2 kleenx for pick up and it was a toy ear. Glad I hadn't started the football carry with BAD DOG SCREAMS. Dog is going be PTS.

Is there anything on tv? OH Lynn Survivors on.....

BBL k3
Old 10-01-2014, 07:42 PM   #22  

We had an exciting evening last night...our son got his first deer...a young buck. It was heavier than he expected and he had to carry it to his pickup. He did it all himself, of course after he got home dh was there to offer standby assistance. He was really tired by the time he finally got to bed. He took it to the butcher today. The dog about went crazy because she wanted out there with all that was going on and I made her stay inside. Finally she was driving me nuts so put her in the garage where she continued to bark. I was glad when the men came in!

Today dh and I went grocery shopping...two stores as usual...then stopped at Walgreens for supplements and a cash run at CU. Done with all that for a few days. Since then I've been balancing the budget, doing puzzles and entering a few sweeps. In Sept I didn't win anything but today I won phone charger. Looks like a good one. ETA: Yay!! I just now got an email saying I won a $100 Amazon GC!!! I love Amazon and can really use this! Praise God!!

I use the Google Calendar..and sync with my phone. Tried others but always come back to Google. Keep my household tasks on it as well as appts etc.
Wow, still 90 degrees? Sorry, that's too warm for this time of year for me too. Karen3...its 66 here and not bad at all. It did rain a little yesterday. It's looks more fallish every day. I like your snack/light meal suggestions. Actually that's how I prefer to eat. I'm not much for regular meals but as a good wife I do prepare them.

My weight is stable...up and down 1/2# or so.

Wannabe/Cajun - Congrats on the pound loss!! Twenty pounds is a great achievement and that's when it really becomes noticeable. Love that the kid reminds you of your exercises. One of my gc used to exercise with me when he was here.

Judy - Oh glad you thought of Applebees and the WW entrees, as I'd forgotten them. When we were in DC I noticed many many restaurants stated the calories and nutrition in their menus. Some do here but it was more there.

Last edited by maryea; 10-01-2014 at 07:55 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Tam are you waiting patiently for our cool front this weekend? High 75 low 54!
Couldn't have came at a better time. 1st weekend of hunting/camping season.
K3 no way I'm eating cabbage soup. I love soup and I like cabbage. 7 days worth no way. I have a plan and I'm sticking to it.
Mary congrats on your son getting his 1st deer. So meant things you can do with deer. It's healthy too.
Carol sue I'm losing the same lbs I gained last year at the camp. Grrrr. This time it's slower losing. But I'll get there.
Judy is your diet getting easier for you?
Bobbi how is Dami. Prayers are sent daily for y'all.

My boys are finished the turnaround. They said it was good to see their homes in daylight. The one in my back yard texted me and asked, What did you cook mom? I told him crawfish. He said yummmm. I told him you coming to eat? He said yea if you ask me. Lol. Dh and I had planned to eat the crawfish étouffée on spaghetti squash instead of rice. I had to hurry and cook him some rice. Boy did he eat good.

I'm packing today for the camp. I start my 5 Fridays off tomorrow. Vacation days. We decided not to go to the camp tonight. We will be packed up and loaded and leave in the morning. It's so hot with humidity high. It feels wet. Supposed to rain today and tonight ending in the morning with a cold front. Woo hoo.

Hi all. Bbl
Hugs
Cajun
Old 10-02-2014, 12:43 PM   #24  

Just me and the dog again. I'm getting kind of tired of staying home alone but not much for going out either and I do have lots to do. This is my big weekly cleaning day. The dog has been wild the last couple days not sure what's wrong with her. We have been changing her food a little in hopes of helping her not to stink so much. It has helped with that but wondering if it could possibly affect her behavior? Doesn't seem like it would but not sure what it is, maybe just boredom. She was such a lay around and sleep kind of dog at first but the last couple days she has just wanted something all the time but we can't tell what it is. She gets very insistent. I have had several dogs in the past but I have never had one like her! So far this morning she is quiet and I hope she stays that way. I can't take much more of how it's been the last couple days. She didn't eat or drink yesterday that I know of. This morning she ate 1/2 her food. I hope she isn't sick but she has always had some days when she hardly eats and other days she eats a lot so I don't know.

My weight was up 1.5# this morning, not a new number but I don't like it. I did eat quite a bit yesterday I think. Today I plan to be more careful. Our son grilled steaks and I fixed fried rice and stir-fried green beans. I wasn't very hungry because I had snacked a lot in the afternoon, but it was good.

Well, much to do so better get to it. You all have a good day!
Old 10-02-2014, 01:58 PM   #25  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Hello ladies. At work today. Looking forward to a COOL front this weekend!!! I am so ready for the cooler weather!!! Have a blessed day!
Old 10-02-2014, 02:25 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Is that cool front coming this far south.......please k3
Old 10-02-2014, 06:09 PM   #27  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

Today started off with a headache. Thankfully, later it went away.

I was happy that it turned out to be a productive day ~ starting out with that headache, I didn't think it was gonna be.

Cooked the other half of a spaghetti squash, steamed and mashed a butternut squash. Steamed some broccoli. Cut up into bite sized pieces a small seedless watermellon. Washed and folded clothes. Hung stuff on the drying rack. Put the little bits of purell left in the bottom of a couple bottles into a partly full one (hate to let the stuff in the bottom of the bottle go to waste if there is a way to get it out). Made a batch of homemade applesauce at Maddie's request.

Now getting ready to sew a patch on her work apron from Lowes. Lowes Home Improvement and Home Depot have workshops for kids ~ maybe a couple times a month. They give the kid an apron that they use each time they build something. The get to bring home their project and they get a patch (from Lowe's) or a pin (from Home Depot) to put on their apron. So far she has made a bird house ~ themed around the 50th anniversary of the movie The Wizard of Oz, a wooden fire truck and a pair of wooden binoculars. She seems to really enjoy these opportunities.

Hopefully gonna get to go visit Jason tomorrow.

Gotta get back to work on the baby afghan.

Hope you all have had a nice day.
Old 10-03-2014, 08:47 AM   #28  
Jacksonville, FL

I had a migraine yesterday ....got a bit done...sorting out storage room...today need to exercise...do not feel like it....
Old 10-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #29  

Gayle when my sister. And I go on trips we decide what we both like off the menu and then split a plate, works good for us
Old 10-03-2014, 06:07 PM   #30  

Dh saw his gastro/surgeon this am. Its a little worse than I was expecting but still not cancer yet. So he will have the cecum part of his colon removed on Oct 24. Just hate to see him have to go through it but he plans to do it laporoscopically so hopefully that will make it a little easier. The doctor said this type cell ALWAYS becomes cancerous in time...the question is just how much time. But if he makes it to 85-95 and it's cancer by then his chance of full recovery is at most 85% whereas now he has a good chance of complete recovery.

We also made our Costco run this morning. They had some good samples! Some really good chocolate things that taste like Almond Joy bars! I didn't buy any but I wanted to. Shared a pizza for lunch and ran into a lady I know from the gym. Got to meet her dh and we had a good chat. The Costco Food Court is good for that sort of thing..

Glad I got over the whole house yesterday because I haven't done anything here at home today. Last night our son cooked again last night. I was glad because I wasn't yet done with my housework and thought I'd have to stop and cook. So I was able to finish up and then rest as he cooked. He made Chicken Riavioli (using those frozen spinach ravioli you can get at Costco...I love them, so versatile!)...he added red peppers and more fresh spinach and it was really good. I even went back for a small second helping...almost never do that but it was so good and I didn't have to cook it! He even cleaned up after himself and put the dishes in the dishwasher. He rinses them better than I do even as he doesn't trust the dishwasher.

Gayle - That's neat about Lowes..I didn't know that. You are a very good grandma doing all you do.

TamTam - Did you get the cooler weather?
Closed Thread