Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 04:00 PM   #121  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

A big hello to all of you. My name is Judy and I am 62, I retired from the Home Health Care business April of this year. In about May I took a long look at how big I had gotten and out of shape. In the past I have experimented on many weightloss plans.I tried calorie control before and it didn't work out.Also I tried raw foods diet, and McDougalls diet.I recently have tried HFLC but nothing has ever worked. I think I like Portion control / calorie control because it is less limiting then the other diets. So this is where I feel the most comfortable. It isn't as painful as I envisioned and I am doing quite well with it this time. I think it is because I try to eat whole foods that stick around longer. I employ a few tricks up my sleeves to make it more interesting. Glad to find a forum with people a little closer to my age, though 50's are still young. LOL I am looking forward to getting to know all of you
Old 09-23-2014, 04:34 PM   #122  

Height: 5'3"

Found this article about recurring shingles. I think my doc is wrong.
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-a...n-than-thought
Old 09-23-2014, 04:36 PM   #123  

Jmh - Welcome to our group!! We aren't all so young...I am 71...but the 50 year olds are kind and tolerate us old ones. Look forward to your posts and getting to know you better. Calorie counting has always worked best for me, however right now I'm not actually doing it. I'm in a non-diet mode,LOL...just trying to be a careful.. but I'm sure I'll get back to it.

Last edited by maryea; 09-23-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:39 PM   #124  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmh6251 View Post
A big hello to all of you. My name is Judy and I am 62, I retired from the Home Health Care business April of this year. In about May I took a long look at how big I had gotten and out of shape. In the past I have experimented on many weightloss plans.I tried calorie control before and it didn't work out.Also I tried raw foods diet, and McDougalls diet.I recently have tried HFLC but nothing has ever worked. I think I like Portion control / calorie control because it is less limiting then the other diets. So this is where I feel the most comfortable. It isn't as painful as I envisioned and I am doing quite well with it this time. I think it is because I try to eat whole foods that stick around longer. I employ a few tricks up my sleeves to make it more interesting. Glad to find a forum with people a little closer to my age, though 50's are still young. LOL I am looking forward to getting to know all of you
Welcome!!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 06:40 PM   #125  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Had a wonderful surprise at work today, my first grade teacher walked into the shop! and she knew my name!!! Now I am 56 and she taught me when I was 6, so she has to be in her 80's!
Old 09-24-2014, 08:30 AM   #126  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Weigh in day ladies. Down 1 lb. Considering the weekend I had I'm happy with the lb. That makes 19!!!!!
I have news: my other ds is engaged. Another wedding. Oh dear! My pocket book is going the squeak. Not sure the date yet but they are wanting October 2015. That's 7 months after the 1 st wedding.

Gotta run. Be back later.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:43 AM   #127  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Phew was worried I'd have to take action.......Good job Cajun. Keep the good times rolling
Old 09-24-2014, 11:34 AM   #128  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

It's rolling k3 but I wouldn't say good times. It's downright hard.
Old 09-24-2014, 03:50 PM   #129  

The cramps have begun again...took med for it early this am and then over slept and didn't get to gym. Finally up and about to go to buy groceries. My weight was down again this morning...hope it holds...it's good to be below 170 again even if only by one pound.

Excited to hear that our oldest dd will be visiting one evening. She has a gig in Portland for Halloween, so will fly in on the day before and have a dinner at her sister's house there. Her sister and I will both provide food.

Cajun - I know it must be hard but you are doing so well and I am very proud of you!! Congrats on another pound lost!! And another wedding! That's almost too much excitement that close together! Keeps you on your toes with your eating though even as your pocket book swqueeks I guess.

Tamtam - That's so cool about your old teacher! And esp that she remembered your name! Now and then I have seen my youngest son's kindergarten teacher and thought that was cool. She is at least in her 80s (this son is almost 39) She already seemed older when he was in her class so I think she is probably in her 90s or close to it. It's always fun to run into your teachers. That same son met up with another teacher and apologized to her for something he did when he was in her class. Growing up is a good thing. ETA: Tam I realized I haven't seen my son's teacher in a while so goggled for her and found this http://www.columbian.com/news/2012/a...tty-Jean-Levy/
So she's been gone a little over two years.

Last edited by maryea; 09-24-2014 at 05:51 PM.
Old 09-24-2014, 07:07 PM   #130  

I haven't seen Lucinda here on the forum for a while but Lucinda if you are reading the posts, I want to wish you L'shana Tova!
Old 09-24-2014, 11:08 PM   #131  
jmhwis50

S/C/G: 182/ 145/ 135

Height: 5 ft 3inches

Well Good evening ladies; Well today was a busy day, I couldn't believe it. I don't think I sat down all day. Problem is then my joints start hurting. I stayed right under 1500 calories today, but yesterday I went slightly over. It's hard to get it exactly right. I called my daughter who has been calorie counting and measuring food for several years now, and she told me it would take a few weeks to get my stomach used to less food. I think this is the hardest part of the diet, because you have to get used to what constitutes a portion. LOL It helps to have people near your own age. Our metabolisms don't work the same as a young persons.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:51 PM   #132  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

I was hoping to get to the personals, but here I am again ~ at the end of the day and running out of steam.

I haven't been on some of my regular internet stops as much recently. The weather has been a little cooler and so I have been trying to take advantage of that and go out and ride my bike. Plus, I have been playing around on a couple of those jig saw puzzle sites K3 told about. It is coming along slowly. It has taken me a while to get back on track and stay on track.

I really enjoy the bike riding but still have to fight with myself to do it. Even though I enjoy it ~ exercising does not come naturally to me ~ there are so many other things I would rather do. Probably why I look like I do. I am struggling with trying to undo the damage (weight gain) I did over the summer.

I got two of the baby afghans I was working on done and sent out today. I've started another one. Have another one all done except to weave in the ends from where I changed colors.

Tomorrow I want to go get my hair cut and run a couple errands. I have some cloth mom bought for me to make her some dresses a few years back. Because of working, I never got them made. She doesn't wear dresses at the nursing home, so I am gonna get some cloth to match the fabric I already have and make her some tops and pants. I want to have them done (except hemming them up) when I go to visit her. That way, I can have her try them on and get them the right length instead of trying to guess.

Starting to get sleepy. Hope you all have a good rest tonight.
Old 09-25-2014, 01:59 PM   #133  

Very quiet here...just me and the dog as dh went fishing again. I've now got my computer working but ended up buying an 1 year extended warranty in the process. Now my iPhone says it can't access the internet even though I am able to use online apps like FB. Will call and ask about that if I can find time today.

Bought some new doggie stink products..LOL ...one is a spray shampoo that I may use along with the towel rubs when she stinks really badly. Also some tea tree oil to use to clean her ears. She's such a good doggie I hope we can make her smell less strong. She does smell less since we started the probiotic supplement in her food.

Today's my big weekly cleaning day but so far not much as been done. Got stuck watching old Dark Shadow episodes. Almost finish so hope to get something done still.

Dinner last night was Smothered Hamburgers (topped with onions and mushrooms) and fried brussel sprouts. I liked the sprouts but dh not so much.
They were fried quickly in olive oil and garlic added toward the end. The hamburgers were really good.

Glynne - The internet is a distracting place, isn't it? So much to see and do! But you still manage to get a lot done with your crafts and sewing, Glynne. I'm sure your mom will like her new outfits and gives you something to share with her (time and the clothes!).

Jmh - Yes our metabolism is definitely different now. Have to workout more and harder to achieve same results.

Hi to everyone I've missed. Not many are posting these days...too busy I guess. Come back when you can, I miss you all!
Old 09-25-2014, 08:16 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all.... Sorry I have been missing just having a case the blahs and no enthusiasm for anything. Not cranky just blah. At my age I'm allowed. It comes with the warranty. I need to find a book series and crawl in my Kindle for a few days.

Judy.....welcome, it is like we are all sitting around a big old kitchen table and we laugh and cry together. At our age if you have a problem one of us will have an answer because we've done that or lived that. We glory in our crone age and feel beautiful and loved when we gather. So pore a cuppa and pull up a chair. You might add a seat belt as things can get sassy and wild here.

Tam.....How lucky to see your teacher. I found the Obit last year of my teacher. It was a 3 room school and I had Mrs Riger for K thru 2. I know my love of reading came from that sweet lady.

Mary....Are the cramps from meds?

Gayle....When are you going to see Mom? Did the Prom happen yet?

Lynn....How are you doing?
r
Still hot and humid down here. Having a beautiful sunset....but haven't seen sunshine this week. I so want to open the house and change the air.

Robby is doing well but is a holy terror. He comes when called than walks right back out. Too funny he clamps down on a ball and Dash grabs the rest of the ball and carries Robby around the room. You can hear the 2 dogs laughing.

Cajun.... I am so proud of your 19 lbs. You will be the perfect Mother of the Groom. They will come take pictures of you for the world to see. And after first wedding the world will be in awe of you at the 2nd. your faithful ear-worm says so.

Donna....When is 2nd season? I am in withdrawl already!

Made enough supper tonight for 2 meals. Lemon pepper chicken. In my next life I want a cook/wife......k3

Last edited by Karen3; 09-25-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:12 AM   #135  
Jacksonville, FL

Smile

Good morning.....staying the same...joined the Y for 6 months and will see what I can do.....happy for the clouds and cooler weather, a big sigh of relief!
Closed Thread