Closed Thread

Old 09-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #106  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Lynn, I'm sorry to hear you're having so much pain. You hear these things from people who have these operations but never fully understand until you have it yourself. Hopefully, the more you move it, the faster you will heal and you will soon be feeling better.

Bobbi, I googled it too. One site said 16gm of carb per cup and the other said 22gm of carb per cup. Either way, it's starchy! Sorry! It's just a couple more days Bobbi, and you have done so well.

I think the idea of the soups texture being that you would "feel" as if you were eating something, but if drinking the smooth soup works better for you, go for it! All the same things are in it.
Old 09-20-2014, 10:51 AM   #107  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carol Sue...I normally think the same way, I'd rather eat something I can chew.......BUT. I'M SO TIRED OF THIS SOUP. Just thinking of it as I type this makes me want to vomit. I won't be using this 7 day plan again unless I'm desperate.
Old 09-20-2014, 05:58 PM   #108  

Height: 5'3"

Haven't gotten much housework done today...babysat gc while my dd ran with a friend. My gc was scared of the dog. Can't blame her really since it's as big as her. I was surprised that my gs was more willing to pat her. He's usually more sensitive about things. Seeing their mom patting her and watching her do tricks for me helped some I think. In time they will both get used to her I'm sure. She's a good dog. I have done 3 loads of laundry but not done yet but that's about it.

Seems like I'm eating less and my weight and bs continue to be stable and I'm sleeping much better. I've had some leg cramps but nothing too bad so far. So feeling pretty good.

Bobbi - That's the way I am about any kind of diet anymore!! I cannot do a "diet." I just make sure I eat a small amount of protein, carb and as much fruit/veggies I can each meal. I do limit my fruit because of my bs but veggies are unrestricted. I count corn, beans and potatoes like grains not veggies. I feel the lean protein is very important and make it the core of my meals. I guess it's kind of a blend of the one diet and the way I used to eat before I got fat. I no longer am tracking my calories even. Maybe I will again some day but I can't right now for some reason...just sick of it. I do mentally track my carbs. Despite the fact that my weight is still on the high end I actually feel thinner.

I'm tired now that the kids have gone...am watching the old dark shadow episodes but am going to have to check on the laundry again soon.

Hi to everyone...where's Lucinda?

Last edited by maryea; 09-21-2014 at 01:11 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:07 PM   #109  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all....quiet weekend and finishing up stuff. Finally shredded about 5 years worth of tax/old receipts/bills. Must have stuffed paper shreds into 6 large black bags. Anyone need ticker tape material.

Lynn....Hope this week is a little easier. Ice is your friend! When I started pool therapy after doing 45 minutes in the pool I did 10 minutes of squats and lunges in the hot tub. It turned my stiff achy muscles to b.u.t.t.e.r. I so want a hot tub now.

Bobbi....Hang in there kiddo. Loving a child even half grown is always full of joy and heart break. He has to do it himself. It is a insidious disease.

Mary....I got tickled with the kids thinking a Bassett is a big dog.

Cajun....Is it pretty in the mountains? Have the leaves turned? I miss Fall.

Donna....arrrgh Only one more episode of this season's Outlander. That boy is a fast learner!

Rosey....Your daughter is you! So sweet....mine looks like her dad. Making me hungry for moose meat.

Gayle....Friend just returned a huge bags of puzzles and I am taking them to the club. I just love doing the on the computer now.

Need to make a Walmart run...none of the grocery stores carry the lg alum loaf pans. I do zucchini bread and meatloafs in them. k3
Old 09-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #110  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

I've had some busy days since I last posted. Tired

Tuesday, I helped Corbin work on his mum thing for homecoming.

Thursday was especially busy ~ Wrapped the things Sara got for Maddie. Then Sara called to ask if we could bring some cupcakes for Maddie's birthday to her school at lunch time. The info about what time and how many kids was last minute ~ with just enough time to get the stuff and make it to the school on time. Back home, baked Maddie's birthday cake. Brought Corbin over before he had to go to work so he could deliver Maddie's gift and spend a little time with her. Fixed supper for Sara and Maddie to eat with us. Then the presents then cake and ice cream ~ then played with the stuff. Whew ~ what a day.

I had Maddie by myself on Friday ~ DH was out on errands and helping Jason with a project. I told Maddie I was tired/sleepy ~ thankfully she was good that day.

I was so mixed up yesterday ~ kept thinking it was Sunday. Took my meds for RA that I only take once a week on Sunday, yesterday. Took apart my C-pap machine parts to wash which I do on Sunday. Don't know why I thought it was Sunday already.

It has been a tiny bit cooler, so I rode my bike today. I enjoy that more than walking. Even if it is somewhat warm, you get a little breeze as you go along.

Finished one of the little afghans I was working on. Have the ends to weave in on another one. And the last few rows to do on the other one.

A nice sunny day here today after many days in a row of rain. Mosquitoes almost ate me alive when I was waiting outside for Maddie to get off the bus the other day. Probably more of them because of all the rain.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend. Maybe I will get some personals done later.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #111  

Just got home from church and dinner/lunch out. We ate at the Petra House again (Mediterrean) and it was ok. I liked the appetizers but wasn't so crazy about the dish I got this time. They didn't have chicken and I don't care much for lamb. But maybe it was just me...I haven't been so hungry recently for some reason. I lost a pound this week. Hope I don't regain it...get so tired of the up and downs. I still love the tea at Petra House, asked if they sold it but they don't. My son thinks it's green tea, mint, arabic or moroccan seasonings and sugar...if it's sugar, it's a good thing I didn't eat much rice because I drank three cups.

I continue to have trouble with my printer. I decided to uninstall it thinking perhaps the computer would pick it up (it is wireless), but it didn't. Then I found my install CD and installed it but it still doesn't work. I think it has something to do with my new network. It's probably trying to work with the old one, but I can't find where to change that. Tomorrow I will call the techs
again.

Glynne - You are very helpful to your dd. She is lucky to have you nearby to do things like that. How you find time to do your craft projects is beyond me. I'm not crafty but I can't seem to get time to do anything extra. Guess I still spend too much time online. You have mosquitos...well we see a few of them but mostly in our house at this time of year it's fruit flies! They drive me nuts!
I try to never leave any fruit or tomatoes (from garden) on the counters. Dh without thinking left 1/2 banana out just covered with a paper towel when we left on our recent trip and our son couldn't figure out where all the fruit flies were coming from until he finally checked under the napkin :O Ever since then we have continued to have them. We always stop composting for a while in order to avoid attracting them in the house but it happened anyway.

Karen3 - Our basset hound IS a big dog to our gc as she is very husky, has a big head and probably weighs about as much as the two of them, perhaps a little more. When she jumps she is way taller than them. That plus her deep throated bark is scary to them. When she lies still they like her though and realize she is not mean, but she gets so excited around them. She gets very excited too when her master leaves...just now she was that way, running around like a terror barking, coming to me talking and nudging me to get me to go with her ...just carrying on like a wild dog. I finally convinced her with lots of attention that he was gone and there was nothing to do but relax and wait. LOL She does this most of the time when he leaves...he is her lover man, she sits at his feet gazing at him with lovesick eyes when he is around. She likes us and depends on us for a lot but don't think we could ever replace him.

Last edited by maryea; 09-21-2014 at 06:30 PM.
Old 09-21-2014, 10:19 PM   #112  

Mary Growing up with2 Great Danes as older brothers makes Basset hounds seem tiny. But you sure are right about big voices and big personalities.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:23 AM   #113  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Oh what a glorious morning with no CABBAGE SOUP in site. I froze the leftover soup to be added here and there in other dishes, soups. The soup is sweet/sour and very tasty, just too much of it.
My experiment with the 7 Day Cabbage Diet worked for me, I lost 6 pounds. Today I'll eat normal foods and maybe count calories to get the last 4 pounds off. If any of you get desperate to lose 5-7 pounds quickly, try this plan. Just don't eat the cabbage soup daily, instead roast the cabbage, carrots, celery, onion, etc in the oven with a little olive oil, salt & pepper. Or use your imagination and do something else with the all you can eat veggies.

I'm off to the YMCA, then will take all the outer green stuff off the zillions of black walnut we picked up in our yard. I'm drying them on newspaper in the basement, they should dry for 4-6 weeks before cracking open. I have a small vice on a work bench in the basement that cracks them open. For Christmas I'll use some of them in Black Walnut Divinity.

K3...Where do you find the online puzzles?

Bruce is waiting for me to get dressed so we can leave, ta ta.

Quote:
Friend just returned a huge bags of puzzles and I am taking them to the club. I just love doing the on the computer now.
Old 09-22-2014, 08:38 AM   #114  

Bobbi http://www.jigidi.com http://www.jigsawplant.com
Old 09-22-2014, 01:44 PM   #115  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Default Afternoon!

Hello all. Well about 4 years ago we had to put our fur-baby down. Miss her so much. This weekend we had to baby sit the grand-dog-I am SO OVER wanting another dog!! He is a hand full! We also work too many hours to really have another pet. But he went home yesterday afternoon-Thank you Jesus!! Anyway hope you all have a blessed day!
Old 09-22-2014, 02:24 PM   #116  

Just got home from the gym...we've been home from our trip for 12 days now and this is only the second time we've gone to the gym. We were missing a lot before we left too so I'm in bad shape...very stiff, harder to get up etc., plus my usual aches and pains. I think about going back to my old sr circuit training class to help me limber up but can't seem to get out of bed in time.

I don't cook on Sun nights and last night our son made us dinner. Dh wasn't hungry but I ate it...yummy chicken, a special rice with fruit and something for hotness (new to me), and green beans. Very tasty. My son is a good cook.

TamTam - Glad you enjoyed the dog!! I know how you feel. I didn't want another dog but now we have one. I do enjoy her but really I don't want anything except each other to be responsible for these days. I want to be free to travel and not have to find a sitter.

Bobbi - Glad the cabbage soup diet worked for you. I can't stand cabbage in soup after one or two days, but I do try to eat a lot of veggies. I like them most sauteed in a little bit of olive oil or some like broccoli and caulflower I like steamed. I don't put cheese or butter on them, just a little salt. ummm black walnut divinity sounds SO good!! Sweets are my downfall if I am not careful just don't have in house other than dh has his little stash...right now it's caramels. He rations them out to me sometimes. Bobbi the Xylo sweetener sound good, I'll check it out.

Karen3 - I see your point. Great Danes would really freak out my gc!! They are both pretty small too esp the 7 year old. A few months ago they were about the same height...but now he (7) is about 2-3 inches taller than his sister. So glad because I know it kinda bothers him. Both his mom and dad are tall but they didn't get tall until past puberty. So we think he'll probably do the same.

I'd better close and vacuum the family room while dh is gone. He took the car to the car wash plus a bit of shopping I think for the dog. Still working on the doggie stink. The sprinkles in her food help ....at first we really noticed a difference..but now not so much. We have the spray and use it after towel rubs or before visitors. I've heard there is a baking soda and oats shampoo that helps so we are going to try to find that. Thought about just using those products as a dry rub too. Wonder whether that might work? Also we were told that Tea Tree oil will help to keep her ears clean as apparently with hounds the issue is often the ears. And when the current dog food is gone, we will try the sample the pet store gave us. Hopefully something will help
Old 09-22-2014, 03:18 PM   #117  
I am more than weight.

[QUOTE=maryea;5073416

TamTam - Glad you enjoyed the dog!! I know how you feel. I didn't want another dog but now we have one. I do enjoy her but really I don't want anything except each other to be responsible for these days. I want to be free to travel and not have to find a sitter.

It is easier without a dog also if you have to evacuate for a hurricane. It's hard to find a hotel that accepts pets and the travel is hard on the pets. Also since MawMaw is gone I don't have anyone to babysit when we go to market. So all in all a dog is not good for us at this time in our life.

Last edited by TamTam; 09-22-2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:46 PM   #118  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

My husband's shingles seem to be coming back. I heard that if you get them a second time they will be in another place, but he is getting pain and lesions right over top of where the scars are from the first time around. He is stubborn and won't take anything for it, so I just hope his pain doesn't get as bad as it did before.

Bobbi, I was going to ask if you could just eat the cabbage without making it into a soup. I love cabbage and I eat it often for lunch. I chop it up with some shredded carrot and onion, then put it in a frying pan with a bit of water, put the lid on and let it simmer until it's soft. I am not much on eating soup. It's hard for me to stay on a plan like that because DH wants dinner and wants me to eat with him. At least this got your off to a good start. It will keep you from gaining any weight back if you think you will have to do that again. LOL

Mary, I think you're doing well just eating a bit less rather than "dieting." I think it will work for you.
Old 09-23-2014, 01:31 PM   #119  
I am more than weight.

Default Finally!

We FINALLY have cool weather!! Went walk at 4:15 pm and did not feel like I was in a sauna!! Wish I were in better shape to have walked more!!!
Old 09-23-2014, 03:29 PM   #120  

Try to keep this to a quick post today as I've begun to get behind with things again. Dh went fishing and I slept in so haven't gotten much done yet. Yesterday I rearranged the family room to make it easier to watch TV from all seating. It doesn't look so good but will be more comfortable I think. Martha Stewart may not like it but she doesn't visit me anyway. Got online too much in the afternoon so didn't finish my house work which is why I'm behind now. Last night I went to the 7 Days of Prayer & Fasting kickoff (for our city/county)..it was not the real kickoff..this one was just for our church, but I missed the regional one. I was pleased that so many men and esp young men are involved. Usually a good sign. It was also nice to meet up with a friend and also meet new people.

Dinner last night was steak, baked potato and salad. Dh and I split both the steak and 1/2 a very large potato, so we didn't get too much. Very yummy!

Tam - Glad your weather is getting more tolerable. GFY for the walking! I am in bad shape right now...very stiff and achy. I need to be more consistent with my workouts and also do more stretching here at home. The last couple months, I am doing well to do a few neck/back stretches when I first get up, I need to do more. Old bodies like mine need a lot of maintenance..

Wannabe - I have always read (think in nursing training too!) that shingles can come back and cause the nerve pain with or without lesions. However my doctor tells me that is not true, that it is something but can't remember now what he called it. However, I know for a fact that he diagnosed me TWICE with shingles when he saw my lesions. My lesions have always been in the same place. So I am still confused about that. Hope it won't last so long this time for your dh.

Last edited by maryea; 09-23-2014 at 04:31 PM.
Closed Thread