Height: 5'2

Happy Birthday Donna!
Old 09-13-2014, 12:51 PM   #62  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Default More about me

Well here goes for more about me.
I am 56 years old. Married for 37 years. I have one son who is married and will probably never have grandkids. Hubby and I own 3 Christian stores. We are Cajuns. Love living on the bayou. We are of the Roman Catholic faith. I need to lose at least 100-110 pounds. I love to read. I am "enjoying" the state of life that I am hot and cold and hot and cold, covers on, covers off, fan on, fan off!
Old 09-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #63  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!

Thank you all for the birthday greetings! I'm probably way too old to bother with such things, but I enjoy them!! Nothing on the agenda today. I've already had two birthday celebrations and have two more coming up next week.

Gorgeous here today, but a little on the chilly side (60 degrees)... As usual, the WeatherFools missed the mark, but this time I'm glad. I wasn't quite ready for the first snow of the season!

Hope your weekend is a good one!! Later, lovelies!!
Old 09-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #64  

Donna I hope you are having a great birthday!

I have been doing some decluttering in the garage today. Cleared out one corner and did some rearranging with dh doing the heavy lifting. I have a large box of children's books I want to go through before giving away as some of the grandchildren may still enjoy them. We have grandchildren of various ages.

Making an Asian dish tonight...it's a chicken and potato stew and we'll have it with rice although I'll probably just eat the potatoes rather than the rice. My weight so far is stable (although high) and bs mostly good. It's been high ever since this new med plus I've gained 1.5# more. I might as well change my sig and try to work down again.

I'm looking for a twin bed with trundle bed for the grandchildren. Found a few on FB and have inquired about them. Won't have access to a pickup until Monday so can't do much yet.

Tam Tam - Glad to know you better. I am much older than you but I am STILL going through the covers on, covers off all night even with a fan at my bedside. Dh has been praying for a long time for me to be delivered from these hot flashes because he doesn't like the fan.

Deelou - Yes I love coming home too! There is truly no place like home. Traveling makes me appreciate it more.

Hope you are all enjoy the weekend. I'm looking forward to being in church tomorrow as we have missed two Sundays now.

Last edited by maryea; 09-13-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 09:59 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Thought I would share this picture of Bella. Usually about 7:30 she is ready for bed!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bella bed time.jpg (30.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 09-13-2014, 11:19 PM   #66  

Hi everyone.I had a deliteful day,didnt get dressed,ran around in my nite gown,didnt comb my hair,but did brush my teeth. Just me and the dogs. watched breaking bad most of the day,finally getting to watch it without dh interrupting me. sat out on the deck in the sun. Hope u had a fun birthday Donna.. for all rosey
Old 09-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #67  
Jacksonville, FL

Smile

Happy Birthday, Donna...a bit late😳, I spent yesterday with 190,000+ other women!! Our church had a simulcast with Beth Moore, a fantastic Bible teacher and they said there were that many with the live gathering in Ft. Wayne IN and around the world! What a fantastic way to spend a Saturday...missed my team, the OSU Buckeyes play, but well worth it! Now to step out and do what God is leading me to to do!!
Old 09-14-2014, 10:36 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good Morning all....

Rosey....What a perfect day! Glad for pups sake you brushed. I so miss me time. Question is more than 1 moose meeses? Glad you are getting into Breaking Bad.

Donna....For 49 you sure have done well holding up. well holding something.

Karen.....How can such a small package bring you so much joy?

Tam.....Thank you, now I can begin to see you as an imaginary friend here.

DeeLou....You got my attention with spending the day with so many.

Bobbi....How did the weekend go? My prayers were said.

Arrrrrgh....Did anyone get the plate of the truck that hit me. 7 bags out of my closet. That's 7 big black bags. My car looks like a bag lady's cart. Still have 3 shelves to sort thru. Plus did 3 loads of laundry, washed and ironed and rehung kitchen curtain. Supper was a hamburger and what ever was loose in the refrig.

OMG...Did any of you watch Outlanders last night? It was the best one yet. Okay Donna, is he really a virgin?

Today...I will finish the closet, make a drugstore run and cook and cook. Need to do Dash's turkey and a meatloaf. A dump cake for DH.

Have to check with the drone for a report on Cajun.....hugs k3

Last edited by Karen3; 09-14-2014 at 10:37 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:47 AM   #69  

Happy to report a 2# loss since my last weigh-in day before our trip! The trip did not cause me weight gain but I've still not recovered from what the new medicine made me gain but at least I am not gaining more. Hope it stays that way. I go to the doctor soon to see what he thinks about my response to the new med. I hope he doesn't increase the dosage. I'm taking less than the usual dosage but I don't want anymore. Got a good sleep. We will be going to church this morning and possibly to view some trundle beds in the afternoon, so likely we will eat lunch out.

Deelou - Beth Moore is such a good teacher!! Glad you got to enjoy! I have some of her books and love them. One I started reading bits of to my dh and he loved it too and now he's been reading it for a bout two years (read it through twice it's a daily devotional) After the first year I bought him one by a man which he really loves too but now he reads them both!

Rosey - I love days like that!! Don't have many these days though.

Gotta run...hi to everyone I missed...what happened to Lucinda and other newer ones? Guess I need to get to the posts while I was gone.

ETA: I don't know how to change my sig. I preferred my old sig but couldn't make it work. Where are 3FC sigs?

Last edited by maryea; 09-14-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 09-14-2014, 01:36 PM   #70  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

Have had some nice days. It has been cooler the last couple days ~ a nice break after the hot humid weather.

Friday, DS invited me to ride along with him to his hearing aid appointment. I am always glad to get a chance to visit with him. Then got to go help DGS with his homecoming mum thing for his girlfriend. He was excited to show me his clothes he will be wearing (it is next weekend). We are getting together today after his shift at the pizza place to work on it some more/finish it up.

Another busy day yesterday ~ erands then got to visit DS while he waited for the satellite people to come hook up satellite service for him.

DGD has been really good lately. I keep hoping that it will continue, but part of me thinks it is because her birthday is this week and she is trying to behave better because of that.

I'm having fun working on some baby afghans for gifts. One is done except for weaving in the ends where I changed colors. One is almost done ~ a few more rows to go. The last one is kind of a mini one ~ to be used to cover the baby in the car seat. I took up crocheting again for something to keep my hands busy and out of the food ~ sometimes it works.

Guess I'd better quit fooling around on here ~ get out of my jammies ~ wouldn't do for DGS to show up this afternoon and still be in my jammies.

Forgive me ~ I'll have to work on the personals later.

Hope you all are having a good weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg shell baby afghan.jpg (33.0 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg katie's baby afghan.jpg (39.7 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg car seat baby blanket.jpg (40.3 KB, 7 views)

Last edited by glynne; 09-14-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-14-2014, 04:06 PM   #71  

Hi GG's.

My name is Terry. I'm a newbie. Started on IP on Thursday. So far so good, already lost 4.5 lbs. Need to lose 50-60 lbs.

I moved to Austin TX in July and started a new faculty job at Texas State this month. Lots of new beginnings so I wanted my outsides to match the excitement I feel on the inside.

I'm really glad to find this website and this forum specifically. I turned 60 in February. Have been divorced about 2 years. I have one friend who lives in Austin but in the past she has tended to sabotage my efforts (or I have allowed her to sabotage). I have family here but since I'm new I really don't have any other women friends yet. I know that will come with time. So I'm glad I have find support in this forum for this journey.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better.

Terry
Old 09-14-2014, 04:30 PM   #72  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Welcome Terry ~ glad you've joined us. This is a good place for support. It is a nice bunch of ladies who care about and help each other. Look forward to getting to know you.
Old 09-14-2014, 06:49 PM   #73  

Hi everyone. another quiet day but a bit more productive,cleaned the kitchen.and folded the laundry. My dd who is recovering from a complete hysterectomy asked if I would make her a boo-boo bag. She wanted a microwavable bag to use on her sore tummy. so I made one using rice on the inside and a washable flannel cover like a small pillow case with Velcro closure so it can be washed. Her girls friend just picked it up. My dd is doing better but really sore. Have not heard from the hunters. welcome Terry,you will like it here. Glynne your crocheting is beautiful,i crochet but cant follow a pattern maybe Donna can teach me when she visits next year. I mostly do granny squares. Hope your weekend was fun ttfn rosey
Old 09-15-2014, 10:29 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Dh and I cleaned the outdoor kitchen patio and unloaded an 18 foot trailer of split wood. I was in the trailer handing him the wood and he was stacking it. My arms, back, feet, and all bones hurt so bad I couldn't sleep. At 3am I finally got up and took ibuprophen. Sunday we got up and went back to the camp and did the rest of the camp: 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bath. I was so tired I didn't even eat supper last night. That rarely happens. We got a lil cool front this weekend so it wasn't hot to clean. The humidity was lower than normal. The front didn't last long. It's warm again and rain chances thru Thursday. We have been invited to some friends camp this weekend about 3.5 hours away. Trying to decide if we want to go there or to our camp. We will be at our camp all winter so I think we will go with our friends.
I'm missing our boys. Haven't seen them the last couple weeks. They are on a turnaround. I haven't even seen oldest sons new car.
I brought all the sheets blankets towels ect. From the camp to be washed. I think I will have about 10 loads. Yikes.

Rosey your me time sounds lovely. Glad your dd is better. Did dh get a moose yet. Hope so. Is this the only chance he will have to get one? Rosey what's the average temp this time of year. I'm waiting patiently for an Alaska blast to louisiana.

Terry. Welcome. Looking forward to getting to know you. Good luck on your diet. You can do it!!!!!! These friends will support you. But watch out if you start to back slide on your diet. They are armed with rolling pins. There's also a posse they will send out to get you back on tract. Lol. (It's all in fun)

Gayle the afghans are so pretty. My mom makes them too. It passes her time. I would love to see the mum when it's finished.

Mary. Congrats on the weight loss. I don't think I've ever gone on vacation and lost weight. You did good!!!! Hopefully your dr won't put you on more medicine. But if he does it's for the best. I don't know much about diabetes but I have to wonder if blood sugar numbers up and down is ok compared to a more stable sugar level or is that not possible?

K3 I think that same truck hit me too. Hmmm better yet it could have been the drone. Woman what will you do next? Friday night dh and I went to a local diner that had seafood buffet all you can eat. We walked it and I was worried about overeating. I knew there were things on the buffet I could have and a lot of yummy things too. Dh was wanting boiled shrimp and they had it on the buffet. He said let's go look and see what they have. I walked to the buffet before going to sit at a table. I looked at it and turned around and walked out the door. Dh followed me confused. I told him I was not paying 30.00 a person for an all you can eat buffet and sit there and pig out to try and get my money's worth. He said ok. We went to the store and bought us a steak. Went home and grilled it with a salad and he had baked potatoe. I'm focused and have to stay that way. Did your drone get all that info?

Deelou sounds like you had an awesome day at church!!!!!!

Donna. Happy birthday to you. Sounds like you are having fun celebrating it. I would love 60 degrees.

Karen31 that lil puppy is so adorable with his big ears. I love his sleeping positions. Unusually dogs don't like being cradled like a baby on there back. He's going to be spoiled rotten. I'm glad they are helping you get thru your days.

Tam. Thanks for sharing more of yourself!!!

Sorry if I missed anyone. I have 10 loads of laundry waiting.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-15-2014, 10:34 AM   #75  

Thanks Cajun - I just see the rolling pins and posse as another form of "positive" support and caring. Thanks for the welcome. I spent hours yesterday reading through posts, suggestions and recipes so there is definitely a lot of support to be found here.

I hope everyone has a fabulous day today.

Terry
Closed Thread