Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #226  
Jacksonville, FL

Hey Webwoman...southeast
Ohio, I have a son in the Cincy area.....hubby born and raised there, lived there the first five years, then 40 in Columbus area and now7 in Florida!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:20 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Dee, we were almost neighbors! As they say in Ohio, if you don't like the weather, hang around a day or two! I still like having4 seasons if the winter's aren't too harsh...My DD goes to school at OSU and DS at Miami of Ohio. :-)
Old 08-29-2014, 12:25 PM   #228  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Kind of quiet here ~ where are you guys? I know ~ life gets busy. Just missing everyone.
Old 08-29-2014, 12:36 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning. Very busy day packing for the 3 wonderful days off. It's supposed to rain but I don't care. It's nice to have 3 days.
This week has been pretty busy. We planned ds snd his bride to be's couple party. She didn't want a big bridal shower and they didn't want a honey do party for him. They said that was too much asking for 2 gifts. So they will have 1 couple shower with 1 gift and just immediate family and a few close friends. I like that they are not being greedy. I plan on getting them a big set of luggage for their wedding present. They are going to the island of Nasseu in the Bahamas for their honeymoon and will need the luggage. It will also come in handy for future vacations and hunting trips.

I'm sorry I don't have time for personals. Kids are crying today. Ready got nap.

Have a nice holiday weekend.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 08-29-2014, 01:22 PM   #230  

Hi everyone I'm here enjoying some me time. steve and friends went to his cabin for an overnighter. so I have been gorking,crafting and watching Breaking Bad series ( finally have some time to not be interrupted every 5 seconds by u know who ) Hope your day is awesome too rosey
Old 08-29-2014, 02:08 PM   #231  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone I'm here enjoying some me time. steve and friends went to his cabin for an overnighter. so I have been gorking,crafting and watching Breaking Bad series ( finally have some time to not be interrupted every 5 seconds by u know who ) Hope your day is awesome too rosey
Hi Rosey,

I just started watching Breaking Bad yesterday. Are you still watching BB? If so, what do you think about Christine?

Lynn
Old 08-29-2014, 02:18 PM   #232  

Hi all my old friends & Hi to everyone I have not yet gotten to know.

Starting to play Mah Jongg & really enjoying it. Movie this weekend – Trip to Italy. My exercising has been VERY light because of my knee. This morning I did about ½ mile (with up & down incline) and was EXHAUSTED. I will be really happy to get back to my regular exercising.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Lynn - You are going to have hip replacement? Sure is a lot of that going around. As to age, if you need it, you need it I think.
Knee replacement. Not so much age. More thinking I could most likely put up with the pain for several more years. My primary motivation is to be able to get back to all the activities I want to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
Lynn ~ if your knee is hurting and keeping you from enjoying life and doing the things you would like to do (exercise and other stuff) then it doesn't matter what age or condition the others are in, you have to do what is right for you. I say you are not jumping the gun ~ go for it. My sister is a couple weeks post op from her second total knee replacement and she is doing well and so thankful that she had it done..
Thank you for the news about your sister. So many folks are telling me horror stories that I am getting cold feet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
This week has been pretty busy. We planned ds snd his bride to be's couple party. She didn't want a big bridal shower and they didn't want a honey do party for him. They said that was too much asking for 2 gifts. So they will have 1 couple shower with 1 gift and just immediate family and a few close friends. I like that they are not being greedy.
What a nice & considerate couple!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:40 PM   #233  
Jacksonville, FL

Small world Webwoman, my three oldest graduated from OSU, my DIL, and husband and one grandson graduated from UC, one grandson still there, one just left in his sophomore to become a firefighter...and one granddaughter at Belmont in Nashville. So Ohio schools have had more than our fair share of $$$$$!
Old 08-29-2014, 02:42 PM   #234  
Jacksonville, FL

Just one more picture from our anniversary party a few weeks ago...to commemorate the actual day of 50 years....1964-2014!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (17.8 KB, 11 views)
Old 08-29-2014, 03:10 PM   #235  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Deelou ~ DH and I both went to UC. Yes, small world.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:00 PM   #236  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Howdy all...Been busy past 3 days. Nothing exciting just endless. Played bridge this afternoon....yes with the ice coffee and came in 3rd. With 17 tables I'm happy. Got home and DH and Dash were exhausted apparently the little guy was in over drive as Super Dog and spent the day racing around and barking at them to join in. Those two just snuck out and left me with Robby. Who is also exhausted and sleeping at my feet like an angel.

Lynn....I had both knees replaced the end of Feb. It wasn't easy but I would do it again. I can't image doing one and going back for a 2nd. Both my knees for too bad to support the other. I had the surgery Mon afternoon and Fri was riding the bike in rehab. I stopped all pain meds after they pulled the iv's because they make me sick. And then they have decided that Tylenol is bad and only every 8 hours...so I politely told them to stuff Tylenol. I had 2 weeks of intense in house therapy with 4 hours per day of continuous motion machine and the 2 weeks at home...Followed by 4 weeks outpatient PT mostly pool. I still use a cane but not for support just because uneven surfaces make walking wonky. I have no pain except stiffness and swelling but that just feeling thick not achy (does that make sense?) Remember Ice is your friend....and walk walk walk......Walk deliberately...practice a real gait not a shuffle. The biggest thing is to realize your knees are not going to get better without surgery and without surgery you will being heading for a wheelchair. It will take a year for you to feel that they are your real knees.

Cajun....What a sweetheart your son has picked.

Gayle....I really need Maddie to dog sit.

Rosey....OMG lone time???? What is that?

DeeLou....50 is such a milestone. Today is actual anniversary? Many Happy returns.

hugs k3

ps remember when I was unhappy about the pool deck color...well here it is!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg robbyplus1.jpg (4.7 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by Karen3; 08-29-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-29-2014, 07:21 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn....I had both knees replaced the end of Feb. It wasn't easy but I would do it again. I can't image doing one and going back for a 2nd. Both my knees for too bad to support the other. I had the surgery Mon afternoon and Fri was riding the bike in rehab. I stopped all pain meds after they pulled the iv's because they make me sick. And then they have decided that Tylenol is bad and only every 8 hours...so I politely told them to stuff Tylenol. I had 2 weeks of intense in house therapy with 4 hours per day of continuous motion machine and the 2 weeks at home...Followed by 4 weeks outpatient PT mostly pool. I still use a cane but not for support just because uneven surfaces make walking wonky. I have no pain except stiffness and swelling but that just feeling thick not achy (does that make sense?) Remember Ice is your friend....and walk walk walk......Walk deliberately...practice a real gait not a shuffle. The biggest thing is to realize your knees are not going to get better without surgery and without surgery you will being heading for a wheelchair. It will take a year for you to feel that they are your real knees.
Hi Karen,

Thank you for the info. So far, everyone says they are happy that they had it done. It is just the pain between the surgery and the "happy time" that is frightening.

I will "woman up" and remind myself of my favorite saying in these situations - "Worse things have happened to nicer people!"

Lynn
Old 08-29-2014, 08:54 PM   #238  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Lynn....I never swore postop but I'll let you use my saying "cha cha cha!" The pain was always manageable. First few days with the lines in there was no pain. After that when it ached ice almost immediately took in down to a handable stage. I never had a really bad pain day....some ugly sorry for my self and bored out of my scull days. I have a 85+ friend who did 2 knees and if Dee could do so can I kept me going. I told the PT people I know I need this so please kick my ***....and they succeeded it. But I came into Pt after another lady and walked up long before her. She would do ten minutes and quit. Just keep tell self you can do this and it will get easier. I am exactly 6 months post op and I can't run and my dancing looks strange but I can grocery shop, play bridge, drive, and do all the regular activities of daily living. Just can't get up off the floor.....but I have a plan.....can't test it. k3
Old 08-30-2014, 01:49 PM   #239  
Jacksonville, FL

Had 1550 calories yesterday...feel terrible today....back to my 900!
Old 08-30-2014, 09:53 PM   #240  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Yesterday I decided that I just had to go "look" at this little Chihuahua--- yeah right! Now she is sitting here on my lap sleeping and Sissy is wondering what happened to out quiet little house!!! LOL Just had to share pics with you

Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday weekend. Take care and I'll be back later
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 10647623_10204735122800728_1103279942_n.jpg (34.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 10654136_10204735214123011_752793206_n.jpg (30.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (28.1 KB, 10 views)
Closed Thread