3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2014, 09:46 AM   #331
Bobbi

Thanks for the get well wishes, I over did it yesterday and plan on staying in bed all day.
I didn't have a clue as to how involved or painfull this was going to be. And I have to have the other foot done in the future. Scary
TaTa
Old 07-30-2014, 10:06 AM   #332

S/C/G: 217/200/175

Height: 5'3

Good morning ladies! Today we are going to the funeral home. The woman who passed away was a stay-at-home mom in our old neighborhood when our kids were growing up. She worked at the school cafeteria and was home when the kids were home. Since our kids were latch-key kids, it was a good feeling knowing that they had somewhere to go in an emergency. The biggest problem our kids had was locking themselves out of the house. They knew they could go to her house to use the phone, the bathroom, and she would give them lunch if they couldn't get back into the house. This was 30 years ago and we have since moved away, but our kids are still in touch with her kids and they are heartbroken. She was like everybody's Mom.

Gayle, I have knee problems too and sometimes the exercise videos have a lot of bouncing steps which are hard on the knees. The one thing I like about them is you are in your own home and can modify the steps to fit your conditioning. Mostly I just don't lift my knees as high as they do...just keep moving.

A to-do list. Oh, my! I had such big plans for when I retired. I was going to have time to do so many things I couldn't do when I was working, but somehow I'm still not doing them. I'm lucky I can get all the things on my shopping list! LOL

Donna, I'm glad you are doing well after your surgery. I don't remember what it was...knee? or hip? I have never gotten back to my exercising after my surgery, not the way I was before. I feel fine, but it's just laziness I guess.

Hang in there Bobbi! No kicking allowed!

How are you doing Mary?

Deelou, my MILs kids were spread out like yours are. Her oldest son was in the Navy when her youngest was born and my DH was graduating high school. She got married at 16 and kept having kids until God decided she was done.

Lucinda, some couples lose their closeness after the kids move out. It's probably nothing personal. Your life revolves around the kids and their lives then all of a sudden they aren't there. I hope things improve for you, soon.

I'm less than perfect, and that's OK!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:39 AM   #333

Good morning, everyone! I am happy this morning because it seems that I finally hit on something that works for me. I am loosely following the Sonoma diet plan - I say loosely because I add some of my own adaptations based on our lifestyle and the fact that we have vegetables coming out of the garden right now that have to be used now, even if they are not 'approved' Sonoma vegetables. I have been losing a little bit of weight every day this week. I have my Wednesday lunch out with co-workers, so that is my challenge for the day - to order something that will facilitate my diet and not sabotage it. Fortunately, I eat with two skinnies who order good food and not fattening, unhealthy stuff.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:38 PM   #334
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Ok Bobbi-back to bed! You have got to let yourself heal,( or is it heel?)

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 07-30-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 02:48 PM   #335

S/C/G: 318/see ticker/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Back at it - IT IS TIME!

Well, I've been AWOL for too long.

Tons of "stuff" happening, and I have been on the overwhelmed side of life for too long. Went to a Family Camp a few weeks ago that has changed my perspective and direction, and I *think* I'm in a much better frame of mind to start weight loss again.

I've been on track for a few weeks. I did not even want to step on the scale. But, my son started school this morning (yes!) and I have made the commitment to be serious again. 2015 is my year to see Onederland and hopefully actually get to my goal.

So, if you don't mind, I'd like to "come back" and join you.

Will be reading July's posts so I can catch up with yoo all.

XOXOXOX
TN Donna

Old 07-30-2014, 03:10 PM   #336

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Welcome back TN Donna!!! I had wondered where you went. Glad to have you back

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 07-30-2014, 05:19 PM   #337
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/see ticker/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

Been a pretty good day so far today. Today was movie day ~ DH found a deal where we can go to the theater every week all summer to see a kids movie (not new ones) for only $.50 each. Then he had a coupon from Dairy Queen for BOGO blizzard. So we had that and shared between the three of us. Yum. Back home now. A box of leggos 800 some pieces we had ordered arrived, so we are building stuff with Maddie. She loves making stuff with leggos. Now I need to find some kind of a shallow container with a lid to store them in. DH suggested making compartments to sort the different pieces. Right up my alley

How fitting ~ the movie that played today was the Leggo movie ~ LOL.

I had a little NSV ~ got home and was getting my tea out of the fridge. Saw the container of brownies and opened it ~ had one in my hand ~ then put it back. Yea me!!! I only had part of that blizzard, so figured I'd stop at that and hopefully the damage would only be minimal.

Praying for my son. The place he had worked for 11 years closed down the end of last year. He was able to find another job right away. They told him when he interviewed that he would be doing the same thing at this job as on his previous job (driving a fork lift/pallet jack to load product on the semi trailers). When he got there they were like ~ oh by the way ~ you will also be doing....... shrink wrapping the pallets by hand, which is back breaking work. He already has a bad back and this job has taken a toll on his back. He feels like he can't hold out much longer. The hours are real long each day. He is a real hard worker. Hasn't missed a day since he started. He has contact with a former coworker who said there were openings in his old warehouse (now run by a different company). He interviewed for it a couple months back, but decided to stay where he was because the pay (he is saving every bit of extra so he can replace his car ~ an old one that will eventually bite the dust) and benefits were better. There are still openings, so he is hoping maybe to go back there. It will be very tight with the bills, but can be done. I hope for him that this might work out. I hate to see him so discouraged and down.

Be back later for personals.

Nobody can force you to have a certain attitude. But life will go so much better if you will simply choose to be positive. When you wake up, choose to be happy. Choose to be grateful for the day. (Joel Osteen)

Old 07-30-2014, 05:23 PM   #338

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Another beautiful day! We went to the gym, it was really warm but at least they seemed to have the ac on plus I had a fan blowing on me when I was biking. My weight has remained the same for two days so hopefully I can beat this medication gain yet. I hate that it has put me back at 170 but I guess it does give me even more motivation to eat less. I am desperately craving my mocha frappe but actually my tummy feels better without it. It just seems like nothing really replaces it.

Our son came over last night for the BBQ and it was good. He brought his dog and we enjoyed playing with her.

Donna! Of course you can come back..we are happy to have you! There are several new people for you to get to know too.

Cherry - Welcome! Glad to have you with us. We too enjoy a garden and when those vegetables are ready...you just have to eat them. I don't know about the Sonoma Diet but with perhaps the except of white potatoes and corn, I would think vegetables would be fine. I try to eat as many as I can. We get too many though and have to give a lot a way because I am lazy and don't want to can anymore. Hope you managed to do well with lunch today. Having friends who eat healthy can really help.

Bobbi - Oh Bobbi it hurts me to think of you in such pain! Did the doctor/nurses warn you at all? Maybe you should call them. Yes, like Lucinda said, stay in bed as much as you can. Does it feel better when you are in bed? Hopefully this painful time will be over soon.

Wannabe - I'm like you...I too had a retirement to-do list. Yet here I sit at the computer way too much of my time. I've asked dh to make a bucket list but he never gets to it...says he just keeps it in his head. I really do want to break the computer habit..not completely of course but there are other things I want to do and the computer is such a distraction!

Cajun - Congrats on the pounds gone! You must be doing something right.

Donna/Jess - Glad to hear you are doing well.

Last edited by maryea; 07-30-2014 at 05:24 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:23 PM   #339
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Welcome back Donna! Let's be positive forces for eachother!
Me? Well I forgot my limitations and today I wore my high heel platform boots to Manhattan. I thought I could handle it. But alas I now have open oozing blisters, I fell on the sidewalk(DRAT) and I had to make a mad dash into Duane Reade to overpay for wet wound bandages and flip flops. I wanted to look nice for dinner with my adult daughter and her boyfriend(who I love)
Now I look like a crazy lady in bandages and flip flops.
B/c of my pasr pre-diabetic condition I know better than to play games when it comes to foot wounds.
Old 07-30-2014, 07:34 PM   #340
Bobbi

Anyone interested in taking over the monthly posting of the new thread? It's not a hard task, just copy/paste the poem onto each new month. I'm have some important issues going on in my life right now with my family and won't be posting much. If nobody wants to do it, I'll open the new thread and you all can do the rest.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-30-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 07-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #341

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

NEW TREAD IS UP and Posted.......Scoot on over
Old 07-30-2014, 09:00 PM   #342
Bobbi

Thanks K3. The person that starts the thread is the only one that can close it. I'll close the July thread. When the month of August is over, post your last message, scroll down to the 5 boxes. 5th box is labeled thread management. It will say close this thread after your message. Just check the box and it will close after you send your last message.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-30-2014 at 09:01 PM.
Closed Thread