Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:01 PM   #16  
Jacksonville, FL

Up in northeast Florida we will get high surf, which is beautiful by the way, and a bit of wind but no direct hit. I've lived here 7 years and been thru 3 tropical storms, one gave us 11 inches, but the other just a lot of wind and rain but no damage....
Old 07-01-2014, 04:01 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Dee sorry I didn't realize you lived in Florida. Back in 2008 we lost our home from hurricane Gustav. I dread hurricane season ever since. It's so hot and the first puff of wind and we lose power. We are always last to get our power back here in the country. Usually it 7 to 10 days. Miserable in this heat. Hopefully we get lucky and they stay out to sea.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-01-2014, 04:46 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Cajun after Frances and no power for 10days we bought a small generator and I plan on buying a small window a/c. Heck with refrig/freezer I will sleep cool. We have new roof, CB construction and gabled roof. Still worry about flooding. I hate June to November!
Old 07-01-2014, 04:58 PM   #19  

K3 I agree with you. Don't like June thru November either. We have 3 generators too and small window unit to run in bedroom at night. Just those long hot days. Monkey baths. Sticky hair. Yuk. I'm spoiled to the luxuries of cold air and hot water!!! We haven't had a large storm in 6 years. I hopeful.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-01-2014, 06:13 PM   #20  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carol Sue, not only can we compete but YOU have the advantage...not me. If we start the competition today, we will give percentages of the weight loss for one month only. We don't want to overwhelm ourselves with months of this crap. Go to this web site, put in your beginning weight, current weight. Yesterday I was 132.8, today 130. That calculates to 2.11%. I will start posting it daily just because I weigh myself daily. You can do it bi-weekly or once a week, whenever you want.

Anyone else want to use the site and post your loss? Come on girls...it's only for the month of July!
One more tip, put the calculating site on your bookmark, easy to find that way.

I'd love company.
http://www.fitwatch.com/qkcalc/calcu...ercentage.html

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-01-2014 at 06:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 06:43 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
I feel bloated. TOM is late and won't start. I hate peri menopause. I will stay on tract. Sooner or later the weight will let go and start to come off.
Hugs
Cajun.
Blecccch, I know the feeling as I am late too... should have been 3 days ago, but I just started a new job and am working graveyard shift after years of day shifts. That added to my volunteering during the festivals on right now, means I'm getting 2 hours of sleep at a time and working days & nights. No wonder TOM is messed up - that & peri-M, of course. I feel like a stuffed pig and I don't even know when to eat anymore... I hope things stay on plan & I don't gain too much - just gotta lose these couple of extra period pounds PDQ!
Liana
Old 07-01-2014, 10:41 PM   #22  

hi every one. sorry I have been mia.. things been crazy here. My gr dd was in an accident.she was riding he dirt bike and was hit by a truck going 55. thank goodness she will be ok.spent time in the er.and hosp. she had a concussion,4 broken rib,possible leg fracture and her hand,road rash on arms and elbow and very bruised on the left side. she had on full gear,padded leathers,boots,chest plate ad helmet. the truck knocked 30 feet like a rag doll. hes at home now recovering..she was so lucky and im so greatful . we still had the bq,birthday party and Hailey came too. was great to see my grson and am going to miss him. My eating has been out of wack stress is not my friend. back on track today. glad to get all caught up with u all and back to my routine. hoping your week is good rosey

1st picture- grson Tim grdd Amanda dipnet fishing salmon
2nd picture- dd Laura,sil Tony and grdd Hailey
3rd picture- me,grkids and my dd Sarah

Last edited by akrosey49; 07-01-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:09 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rosie, that accident sounds so scary. I'm glad your gr dd will be OK. You are so vulnerable on a bike.

Bobbi, I will look into that site you posted.

Southern girls, I see those bad storms on the news and they look so devastating! I guess wherever you live there are good points and bad. I hope you all have a nice, safe summer!

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-02-2014 at 08:11 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 08:16 AM   #24  
Bobbi

Good Morning, brrrrrrrrrr it's cold this morning. I had to add another blanket to the bed last night, it's in the 60's. Donna...you'd love this weather. Good Doc's report, you go girl.

K3...does your back yard flood out? I'm thinking alligators swimming in your back door for some of Dash's turkey legs or maybe Dash himself

Rosey...nice pictures and I wouldn't mind eating some of those lovely fresh salmon. You gals that live off the coast are so lucky to get all that fresh seafood. I can't complain too much, we're a state of over 11,000. God was certainly watching over your granddaughter. She looks like you and her mom.

Nothing exciting going on around here, we're adding more fence to our existing fence to keep neighbors dog out of our yard. We're already picking up dog poop from two dogs, don't need a 3rd. He a big rascal too, Husky mix.

Where's glynne been lately?

I planted a small garden this year and can't get out to weed or harvest the lettuce. It won't stop raining and the mosquitos are many.

I didn't eat low calorie foods for supper, sometimes you just have to give in to cravings. (waffles) I had two cups of fresh blueberries and couldn't resist using them for supper. I found a low calorie recipe for waffles which I tweaked using egg beaters, applesauce instead of oil and almond milk to replace the skim milk. I also added vanilla, nutmeg and stevia. I had one whole waffle and 1/2 of another, still had 374. That's as bad as corn on the cob!
But I stayed around 1,000 calories.

2.71% weight loss

Quote:
Calories 1,031, fiber 33.

Breakfast: Fiber One ,Flax seeds, Chia seeds, Almond Milk, fresh Peach

Lunch: Coffee/Almond/Carob/Banana Smoothie

Supper: Waffles, blueberries with fresh blueberry syrup, bacon (turkey) Yuk but better than nothing

P.M. Snack:
Sunflower Seeds

Last edited by Bobbolink; 07-02-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:13 AM   #25  

Bobbi. I would love some of that cold. We are roasting here in louisiana. I calculated my weight loss and it's 0.84. I'm going to join in the month long weight loss ride!!
Rosey your gd is one very lucky girl. It's a year our 16 year old neighbor down the road was killed on a four wheeler by a car. Praying for a quick recovery.
Carol sue. Thank you. Hopefully we can dodge those dreaded hurricanes this year.
Liana. Not a good feeling to be bloated.

Last night I played pokeno. Had a good diet meal and took home 1/2 of it. As time goes I find I'm eating less portions than usual.
Today is weigh in day. I'm DOWN 2 LBS. Yay me,!!!!!!!
Next week I have a dr appt with my gyno. I'm trying to schedule mammogram the same day so I'll only have to take off 1 day of work.
I've been jogging on mini trampoline. The legs burn so I guess it working.
Be back later. Babies are needing me.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 07-02-2014, 10:25 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

This morning I heard that Tropical Storm Arthur - first named of the season - is headed up the coast and will hit our Atlantic provinces sometime this weekend. Hope all you southern coastal gals stay safe!

re: Gators in the backyard... I think they are such interesting animals and... 'Gators, the other white meat!' LOL, I have had alligator meat before; I think it's yummy but my DH thought it tasted "swampy." If I hadn't have told him he wouldn't have said that, he's just so swayed by his expectations in the case of food. Not very adventurous at all... I, on the other hand, will try almost any food and have eaten interesting things on several trips to other countries (except offal - not a fan at all).

Hailey's accident sounds so bad, she is lucky to be alive, and a very smart girl for wearing all her protective equipment. That's probably what saved her!

I'm up 3 lbs still but not changing my ticker because I know it's very temporary... IT BETTER BE!!

Liana
Old 07-02-2014, 11:21 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Ok, I will join in, but I don't weigh every day. I am starting with today's weight so will post my percentage with the next weigh in.

I am also going to change my thinking. I have always one who believed in never going below 1200 calories, but I am no longer going to go worry about that. I think I need to cut back on calories to lose like I used to. I have to convince myself that being fat isn't healthy, so cutting calories isn't going to kill me.

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 07-02-2014 at 11:26 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:53 AM   #28  
Jacksonville, FL

Just a note, the only reason I am going below the 1200 listed as the level for most women to go to to lose is because two of my docs said to. I am hypothyroid and even on the correct meds fight fatigue, and cannot lose unless I keep below 1000 ?
Old 07-02-2014, 01:39 PM   #29  
Bobbi

I can't lose weight if I go much over 1,000 calories. I am not as active as when younger so don't need higher calories.
Cajun & Carol SueSo glad you're going to post your percentages on the July challenge. If we work really hard and don't cheat, we can do it. Just keep thinking, it's only for a month. Let's see who can make the biggest percentage in weight loss. You two will no doubt pass me since you have more to lose. But that won't stop me from giving it my all.

Anyone else want to join us?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:07 PM   #30  

Height: 5'3"

Good morning everyone! Dh's eye surgery went well yesterday. I think recovery time maybe easier with this one, however we will see the doc for his first post-op this afternoon and should know more after that. He had a little pain yesterday but the drops seem to help. He is not a complainer but knows he is to report any bad pain.

I rarely have a cold/flu type sickness but yesterday I woke up with sore throat and a slight cough and I haven't felt well since. Thank God, I am not so sick I can't take care of Joe's needs and do the driving to the his appts. Today I will need to water the yards, flowers and garden, but I'm not doing much more as I feel wiped out. I try to keep him from bending over and lifting heavy things right now but actually the doctor didn't really give any instructions. Our son and his gf stopped in last evening to check on him.

It got into the 90s here yesterday...think it is lower today.

No time for personals right now. Hope you are all having a good day.
Closed Thread