3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~June Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/296391-%7E%7Ejune-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

glynne 06-04-2014 10:07 AM

Good morning GG's,

Bobbi ~ I haven't tried the mock soft serve ice cream yet, but I want to. I got to thinking ~ I'm not sure I have ice cube trays anymore ~ if I do, I'm not sure where they are. I may have given them to my kids at one time. I will look around, but if I can't find them, maybe I can get one at the Dollar Tree store.

I appreciate that you all share what you are eating ~ that helps me get ideas for stuff to try or when I want something different. I have been wanting to try Rosey's pizzas, but haven't gotten around to that yet. I have made the egg casserole recipe Donna shared ~ it was good. Lucinda's smooth coffee drink is another one I'd like to try.

I don't do well with the self discipline of posting my menus daily. Mostly I eat pretty much the same thing. (I read one time that people pretty much eat the same few things all the time.) It is easier that way for me ~ I don't have to think about it.

My day sort of goes like this.

Breakfast (lately ~ hot weather) ~ 1 bottle of Glucerna Hunger Smart Shake. I struggle with breakfast ~ I would rather have cereal topped with some fruit and milk or a muffin and coffee ~ stuff like that, but am trying to stay away from those kinds of things. Also, I am hungry right off in the morning and want to eat right away and not take time to “make” something, so this works for me and kind of holds me (hunger wise) until lunch some times without feeling hungry and like I need a snack before that.

AM Snack ~ cheese stick with a slice of sandwich meat wrapped around it. And/or an orange.

Lunch ~ Salad of lettuce, celery, cucumber, tomato, carrots, mushrooms. I get some variety by what I put on top ~ little ham chunks and shredded cheddar cheese with either french dressing or ranch dressing or tuna with honey mustard dressing or imitation crab meat with sweet vidalia onion dressing.

Afternoon Snack ~ ½ an apple with peanut butter yogurt dip. Or celery sticks dipped in humus. (Sometimes I haven't been hungry in the morning for a snack, so I might eat those things in the afternoon instead.)

Supper ~ a piece of some kind of meat, fish or chicken with two vegetables (squash, broccoli, green beans, carrots). It is easier if I keep it real simple.

Snack ~ yogurt or fruit. Sometimes I will make a little fruit and yogurt parfait ~ similar to the McDonalds one ~ yummy. Silly ~ I got this little dish at Walmart to put the parfait thing in ~ it makes me feel like I am having something fancy :)

The meals and snacks aren't carved in stone as to the timing or even having all of them. Sometimes because of trying to work around what ever is happening around here, meals are late and I am too full and only eat one of the snacks instead of a whole meal.

What I eat is affected by the weather ~ if it is cold, salads aren't as appealing to me ~ I might do the weight watchers Zero point soup and a smaller salad for lunch. Oatmeal with chunks of apple (a little green and a little red) raisins and walnuts in it for breakfast. I do a steamed cabbage wedge with a portion of kielbasa cut up in it and Kens Vinegar and Olive Oil Dressing mixed in with it a lot durning cold weather. That is also my “go to” quick supper when it has gotten too late in the evening or I have gotten too tired to fool around with other stuff ~ it is quick and easy and filling.

In hot weather, I make some other versions of salads or vegetable mixtures. Like:

~ pickled beets, mushrooms (or chick peas) and edamame and mix in a little of that Kens Vinegar and Olive Oil dressing.

or what would be kind of like a pasta salad but without the pasta

~ Chicken, tomatoes, cucumber and sugar snap peas

~ Tuna, tomatoes, cucumber and sugar snap peas

~ Ham chunks, cheese chunks, cucumber and sugar snap peas

~ Chicken, celery, apple chunks, dried cranberries and walnuts

Sometimes one hard boiled egg diced up with celery (I don't do this one very often anymore as I have recently read that eggs are on the avoid list for people with Rheumatoid arthritis).

~ Apple, celery, raisins and walnuts.

All the these I mix in a little Miracle Whip light.

I like colorful stuff ~ makes it more appealing to me.

Other stuff I like: Spaghetti squash with a little butter spray and sprinkled with some parmasean cheese.

Different fruits and vegetables depending on what is on sale at the time.

I try to stay away from potatoes, rice, breads, pasta. Sometimes I still eat a sandwich (peanut butter and jelly or turkey slices with lettuce and miracle whip light) when I don't have time to fool around with making and eating a salad (I am a slow eater ~ LOL).

I still occasionally give in to stuff that it would be better to do without (cookies, chips, ice cream, candy ~ you know ~ that kind of stuff), but what can I say ~ I am human. That is probably why my weight loss is going slowly, but even though I still eat those things sometimes ~ I am eating them way less than I used to.

Sorry, I didn't mean to go on so long. I started writing and was on a roll ~ LOL

Wannabehealthy 06-04-2014 01:35 PM

Bobbi, that wrap you make sounds good. I saw PB2 in the store, but never tried it. I also never heard of Flat Out but I googled it.

I tried something new today that I wanted to tell you all about. I bought one of those Veggetti thingys that they advertise. They sell them at WalMart. Today I used it for the first time will a zucchini. It has to be a small one, similar to a cucumber. It really comes out in long strands like spaghetti and it's easy to do. I sauteed it in some coconut oil with a little butter mixed in. It softened up quickly. I just added some salt and pepper and some parmesan cheese. It was pretty good. I think there are a lot of other seasonings you could use with it, and the next time I make spaghetti for DH I am going to try it with some meat sauce. You could probably use it without sauteing it if you like a more crunchy texture.

ladyinweighting 06-04-2014 01:57 PM

Day 2 Meals

Breakfast - protein bar

Lunch - Veggie stew & whole wheat roll w Smart Balance

Dinner - at my DD's - chicken, salad, Italian bread, yougurt/wheatberry parfait w berries.

Evening snack - yogurt & peanutbutter

Lynn

glynne 06-04-2014 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lynn ~ here is one of the more recent pictures of Maddie.

lucindaarrowspark 06-04-2014 07:53 PM

I am a vegan. I have been a vegan since menopause, so its been 7 years now. I was a fat unhealthy vegan for 5 of those years because I over ate bread, fats, and vegan ice cream. Sugar is my heroin, my crack, my addiction.
Carol Sue.. I make zuccinni strands and mix them with home made tomatoe sauce!
For those of you who think that a vegan in her mid 50's requires an animal protien, I can assure you tisn't true. I do make and serve all kinds of foods for my meat eating dairy loving family. I do not pose my beliefs on them. They are free to eat as they choose.

Cajunlady165 06-04-2014 08:24 PM

Carol sue are you talking about spagetti squash. It's yellow and shaped like a watermelon. When you steam or bake it you scrape it out and it looks like spagetti noodles. But it's actually a vegetable.

Cajun

ladyinweighting 06-04-2014 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glynne (Post 5017256)
Lynn ~ here is one of the more recent pictures of Maddie.

Hi Gayle,

She is absolutely adorable!

Lynn

Bobbolink 06-04-2014 09:09 PM

Maddie is a pretty little gal. Did you make the fancy waffle and banana concoction Glynne?

glynne 06-04-2014 09:20 PM

Bobbi ~ no, that waffle creation is Grandpa's doing. He draws designs on her toaster strudles with the frosting (at christmas time a christmas tree with ornaments and a star). He has fun.

maryea 06-04-2014 10:03 PM

This is my second time to start to post today, earlier I got distracted and didn't finish, so starting over. I hope you've all had a good day. I've been kinda tired all day because I've had two nights not sleeping. Took an herbal remedy I found at New Seasons but it didn't work. Could have taken another dose (per pkg) but since I didn't know how it would affect me and I had an early appt I didnt. I finally slept shortly before it was time to get up. I had an ultrasound on my thyroid as a followup check on the nodule. Found out I have several nodules but all but two are very very tiny and even the two are not very large per the tech. This is common in people over 50, so I'm still not concerned. Even so, I have an appt to see the endocrinologist next month. After that I had a nail appt and shopped a bit at the mall. Then this afternoon our son and his GF dropped by and chatted a while. It's always good to have them visit.

Glynne - sounds to me you and your dh are awesome grandparents!!

I haven't tracked my food today. Probably going over (no dinner yet). I'll try again tomorrow. I'm just too busy these days. I've basically resigned myself to another diabetic med, but I will keep trying on the diet.

akrosey49 06-04-2014 11:36 PM

Another nice day,coffee on the deck in the sun.. our neighbors herd of goats came by for a visit.fun to watch the babys frolicking around. Peaceful quiet day hope yours was too, :wave: rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch 1/2 ham and cheese sandwich
handful of fresh cherrys

snack
tropical fruit smoothie
cheese pringels

dinner
hamburger goulash 1 cup
small salad
iced tea

snack
1 bag 100 cal popcorn
1 carmel apple sucker
iced tea

Bobbolink 06-05-2014 07:31 AM

Cajun...I tend to eat the same things for lunch and breakfast, if it works....why fix it. I think Glynne mentioned she eat the same things too. Like Glynne, I don't want to think about it. I'd rather spend my food thinking time on supper only.
As to your menu, I feed all our left overs to DH for his noon lunch. I usually eat a vegan meal at noon but with the 1-1-1 plan I try to work some protein in, BUT VERY LITTLE. I'd rather save my protein for supper, then I can have more.

PHP Code:

As you noticed I tend to eat the same foods until I get tired of themI think I should be eating lighter at lunch instead of leftovers but I started doing this with out stocking up at the grocery store

Quote:

Breakfast:
Fiber One - Carb
Flax seeds, ground - Fat
Almond Milk - Protein
AM Snack: 1/2 Peanut Butter, Bacon/celery/lettuce Roll- up
1/2 Flat out-Carb
PB2 (peanut butter)-Protein
1/2 strip crispy bacon-Fat
stick of celery & lettuce -Free
Lunch: I ate the other 1/2 roll - up from AM snack.
PM Snack: Skipped
Supper: (DH wanted hamburger gravy over rice)
Hamburger and fat free beef boullon for gravy + corn starch - protein
Rice Pilaf -Carb
1 Tablespoon butter
no salad or veggies, I ate quick and left for a soccer game.
Good Morning

Lynn...you don't eat very much, are you losing?

Rosey...I started drooling when I saw goulash on your menu. We had that once a week when we were growing up. My mom made the best goulash.

Mary...I noticed before your nail appointments, nice to hear you treat yourself. With all the garden dirt I dig into, it wouldn't pay for me to have it done.

Glynne...dollar store would be a good place for ice cube trays but you can pour some almond milk into zip bags and freeze it flat on a plate. Then it would be easier to break up and use same as cubes.

Carol Sue...Flat outs are sold in all the grocery stores around here, even Walmart. They have different kinds, I always buy the light. Only 90 calories and high in fiber. You can do lots of different things with them besides roll-ups. Sometimes I bake them in the oven until crisp and use for a pizza crust. I've also used the baked flat out for a dessert base, top with sugar free applesauce, lots of cinnamon and fat free cool whip. YUMMY!

Bobbolink 06-05-2014 07:39 AM

I had to go back to page 3 to see who I missed.

Donna...surgery in 2 weeks, hopefully. That would put it around the 17th, any conformation yet? K3 will give you tips on how much booze you can drink during recovery. Or I mean George will give you the tips.

Liana...what are all the numbers behind your menu?

Cajunlady165 06-05-2014 08:45 AM

Menu for yesterday:
Breakfast:
Egg sandwich Protein carb fat
Lunch:
Chicken P
Rice C
Gravy F
Green beans V free

Snack
Protein bar P
Cheeros C
Chocolate morsels 1 tbls F

Supper
Sloppy joes on bun PCF

I got on the scale. Lost nothing. I'm thinking I'm going back on Duncan. Meats and vegetables. Cutting the carbs. At least until I take off the regained weight.......I'm confused. .... Don't know what to do.

Hugs
Cajun

maryea 06-05-2014 01:31 PM

Took the same supplement and got a good sleep last night! Feel so much better and no hung over feeling. Today's my day to quickly clean the whole house, but so far I haven't gotten much done. Got online and still here.:(

You are all eating so well. Me, well, I'm doing ok but not great. Evening eating is still killing me.

breakfast
Toast with SB and a little jelly
1 T slivered almonds

ETA: I'm back! I cleaned the whole house quickly.
lunch
Chocolate milk - NF milk and 1 T chocolate syrup
Bunch of radishes from our garden - one of my favorite vegetables!
4 very large strawberries

afternoon snack
1 small chocolate candy
mixed nuts
4 lg radishes

dinner
cod - very little olive oil used
veggies - onion, garlic, fresh ginger, green beans and bok choy, maybe 1/2 T olive oil
rice - abt 1/2 c
sprinkle of soy sauce over all

Bobbi - I think the numbers in Liana's menus are the amounts of the nutrients she tracks in MFP. She copied it from her MFP and you just can't see the names of the nutrients.

Gotta get to it...