Closed Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Here's your laugh for the day, gals:
I went to a lovely pot luck for my outdoor Aquacize class last night and it was hot & beautiful out, the food was healthy & amazing home made flavours of bruschetta, a fresh avocado salsa (not guacamole - something very different). All natural, gluten free Krumbleez seed 'crackers', freshly picked local strawberries, tasty meats & cheeses, fresh veggies, etc.

Then we all got into the water to go thru some new moves and 'burn off' our dinner. Fifteen minutes into the class, there was an 'incident' at the shallow end involving a small child who was having too much fun to get out of the pool & head to the bathroom. General evacuation from the pool ordered by the guards and closure as it had to be chlorine shocked and then rebalanced before the morning. *Sigh* so much for the workout... I've worked at a pool before so I know the signs that 'something' has happened when the guards all start to whisper to each other quickly and run around the pool edge. No one ever owns up to the accident and the public isn't actually told much about the situation, just that the pool must be closed due to chemical levels. Which is true, but they don't tell you why the chemical levels have to be high...lol

Liana
Old 06-26-2014, 11:57 AM   #227  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

oohh gross. I was eating lunch while reading this
Old 06-27-2014, 07:38 AM   #228  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning, we're moving the balance of my brother & SIL's household into their condo today. What a job!
I have Taste of Home emails daily and this recipe would be great to bring for your July 4th celebration. It can be lower in calories if you use sugar free jello and stevia for sweetener. I haven't made it yet, too busy. We have fresh blueberries on sale right now, will pick some up and make it tomorrow when I'm not so busy.

Ta Ta

Quote:
Taste of Home Lemon Blueberry Cheesecake

12 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling
Ingredients
1 package (3 ounces) lemon gelatin
1 cup boiling water
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 tablespoon canola oil
3 cups (24 ounces) fat-free cottage cheese
1/4 cup sugar
TOPPING:
2 tablespoons sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
1/4 cup water
1-1/3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, divided
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Read more: http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/l...#ixzz35q1fAJDW
Old 06-27-2014, 09:14 AM   #229  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, Goldens!

Bobbi - I saw that recipe and agree that it looks delish!!

Are you getting any of the flooding? My niece and her family are in St. Paul, and I'm hoping they're high up on a hill somewhere, too! (Not too hilly and not too high, of course... don't want them sliding down!)

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous here!

Lucinda - you hang in there!!!

Rosey, hope all is well with your GD. Prayers!!

I'm doing great, spending more and more time every day without the cane; went downstairs twice yesterday to do laundry and did fine; all seems to be coming along very well!

Hope your day is a good one, lovelies!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:30 AM   #230  
kosherveganchick

Spreading the Joy! Last night my 13 year old daughter had a couple of friends sleep over. I cut up a whole bunch of carrots and left them on the kitchen table for snacking. The girls ate them all and did not plow through chips that were in the pantry. Hooray for them!
Old 06-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #231  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
Spreading the Joy! Last night my 13 year old daughter had a couple of friends sleep over. I cut up a whole bunch of carrots and left them on the kitchen table for snacking. The girls ate them all and did not plow through chips that were in the pantry. Hooray for them!
Good for the girlies! And so sorry to have ruined your lunch Lucinda, lol. I should have put a **WARNING TMI** note on the post,

Hope everyone is having a positive day, and if it isn't yet... go about making it so!
Old 06-27-2014, 12:01 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 250/184.4/146

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning all! I've been missing in action. Well, I had a great time on my trip to Pennsylvania. I ate everything I wanted and still had lost 0.2 when I came back. We are doing a weight loss group here at work that is going until September 15. My goal is to get down to 175 by then. I really haven't set out to try and win, I just wanted to have some support from others. When I weighed this morning I was down to 184.4, which was 2.8 lbs down from the last time I weighed with the group 2 weeks ago.
Since I'm back at home I am back at my routine of eating fresh fruit during the day and a small regular meal at night. I may have a yogurt with fresh blueberries when I get home until I get dinner ready. I am walk/slow jogging for 3.6 miles each morning (1.6 of walking and 2.0 of slow jogging). I fell down on Tuesday this week and skinned my knee and elbow, scared a poor walker to death, who helped me get up. Embarrassing!!! She walked me to my car, she was so nice, but I got up the next day and did my walk/jog again the next day.
Work has been extremely crazy and the nurses are working short on the homes. I'm trying to get out 35 evaluations before the end of the month, which may or may not get done. The nurses they rifted, they have not resolved so I am down 5 nurses. I guess this is the perks of being the boss. I wish I could go back on vacation!!!
Deelou: Congrats on your weight loss
Rosie: Enjoy your time with your family
Karen: So sorry about your DH and am praying. I had two uncles with it.
Cajun lady: Congrats on the previous week of 5lbs!!! Way to go
Donna: Glad you are getting around ok. Hope you continue to heal without problems

Hope everyone else is doing well!

It will probably Monday or Tuesday before I post again, I so enjoy reading everyone's progress. I can't remember who posted the Zucchini recipe, but I've got to go back and write it down. I love Zucchini.

Take care.

Donna RN
Old 06-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #233  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

I should have posted this with the Blueberry cheesecake recipe. The sugar free lemon jello from the store has aspartame in it. BAD ingredient, especially for me... It triggers migraine headaches.
When using this on the cheesecake recipe, do not put all that water in. (Cheesecake recipe calls for only 1 cup of water) Just soften the Knox in 1/4 cup cold water, add 3/4 cup boiling water and chill for cheesecake recipe.

Quote:
Homemade Lemon or Lime “Jello” Gelatin (sugar-free option)
3 Tbsps gelatin, granulated (3 packets) (I recommend Great Lakes Brand. See Notes. For Gelatin Squares, use twice as much gelatin.)
3/4 cup healthiest sweetener (I used xylitol for a candida friendly version. Any granulated or liquid sweetener will work)
12 scoops stevia extract* (NuNaturals is one good brand.)
1 1/2 cups boiling water
3 cups cold water (divided)
1 1/8 cup lemon or lime juice (or some of each for Lemon Lime Gelatin!
1/2 teaspoon grated rind (optional. Use lemon rind for lemon gelatin–lime for lime.)
Method
1. Soften gelatin by soaking in 1 1/2 cups of the cold water for a few minutes.
2. Add boiling water and stir until gelatin is dissolved.
3. Add remaining ingredients (including the other 1 1/2 cups cold water), stirring until thoroughly blended.
4. Pour into 2 8×8 baking pans.
5. Refrigerate until set.
Old 06-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #234  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Raining again. It time for it to stop. We are still going to the camp. Extra packing dress clothes make up ect... For the wedding tomorrow night. Hopefully dh and I can get something done on the water well shed.

Be back Monday. Hopefully still 100% on tract.

Have a nice weekend ladies.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 06-27-2014, 05:58 PM   #235  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! Dh went fishing so I'm alone. Guess I needed a little excitement...I made made some mac n cheese using leftover macaroni, a slice of cheese and a dab of butter added a little salt n pepper. I don't remember but apparently I set the pepper shaker down on my flat-top range. Walked away with my bowl to eat while reading something on the computer. I had finished my bowl and thought about a second bowl, said no to my inner child and decided to fix a salad instead. I was just about ready to stand up and suddenly our security alarm went off...LOUD. My first thought was that dh had probably came in (although I didn't hear him drive in) and opened the door. He sets the alarm when he leaves usually and I hadn't been out. Then I realize the kitchen is filled with smoke and I see the burner still on with the pepper shaker lying on it totally destroyed...really stunk! I got some tongs to remove it and of course the alarm company calls me. Couldn't turn off the alarm until I got the pepper shaker out of the house and the house aired out. Still a little smoky and stinky though. That's enough excitement for me.

Sitting here eating my salad and reading the pool story...LOL...
Old 06-28-2014, 09:38 PM   #236  
kosherveganchick

Oh Maryea! Thank goodness you are alright and did not burn down the house!
I have had a good weekend so far enjoying the conversations I am having with my adult children...I walked 5 miles today, I swam and yes I put on a bathing suit even though there were men at the pool...for the first time in years and did not feel embarrassed at how I look.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:56 AM   #237  

Hi fellow golden girls. Glad to be here reading.
Maryea, that's quite a story. Hope that smoky smell gets out of your home soon. Glad there was no damage
lucindaarrowspark, great that you wore a swimsuit. I have not worn one in public since I was in my early 20s. I SO admire when people do wear them. a few years ago I went to the beach with a teacher of mine ( adult classes) who was close to 300 lbs...either way. She hid in the parkinng lot behind the open car door and changed into her swimsuit. I was SO impressed. She was going to wear her swimsuit. And she did. I call that stregth. And there I was not even really overweight (at the time)and refusing to even wear shorts because of what I silently refer to as "my shar pei factor". i admire her... and you. Its healthy

Today i threw out my cocoa powder. I cannot control how much I drink. Can't really be trusted with the stuff, lol. I started on the jogging trampoline. I am trying to get back to the maintaince where i was comfortable. Its so close. I cannot let it illude me any longer. Its been a month. Too long

Hard to believe its almost July. Those beautiful colors and smells of the flowers. And the basil that is growing by my front door. Living way up north as I do makes me appreciate summer with such a passion. Took more photos of flowers today. Next I have to learn how to properly use the iphone camera. learning curve.

Last edited by flower123; 06-29-2014 at 01:04 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:00 AM   #238  

Height: 5'3"

It was a good day...went grocery shopping at three stores. Our GPS wasn't working. It was the cable because it worked in our other car plugged in and it worked alone on battery. Was going to buy a new cable...looked online but found nothing for the particular model. Decided to call Costco and ask them where to buy one...but they said just bring it in and we'll refund the money. I even told them we'd had it over two years! Which turned out not to be true...after I got in the store they looked it up it was only over 1 year but they were going to refund it regardless!! Couldn't believe it! That alone makes our membership worth it!

Then while looking for something in my glove compartment, I found a Christmas present I'd purchased (2 gift cards worth $50 each!) and lost. I was sure that I must have accidentally thrown them away with the scraps of paper after wrapping other gifts. The recipient will be pleasantly surprised...I told her what happened but honestly didn't think I'd ever find them.

More good news...yesterday I did pretty well on my eating plan but did goof up some in the evening...only one snack but a big one. But today I have done well all day...not my best day for veggies, so not as healthy as usual but in regard to carbs and calories, I think I did well (didn't track just ate carefully). My bs were high but much better today (they were very high yesterday all day) . I think if I can eat every day like I did today (but with more veggies which I normally do) I can get them down.

Lucinda - GFY wearing a bathing suit!

Flower - Usually we are more worried about what others will think about us than they really do think about us. I have to admit I stopped wearing one a few years back too. I wasn't wearing it often anyway...only when we rv'd during the winter and there was one place we went in the hot tub. In the last 4 years I've only worn it at one place...I did get up the nerve to wear it at night in the hot tub in Cabo. It was pretty dark walking across the yard to the hot tub and even around the tub so I felt more comfortable about it but haven't worn one since.

Last edited by maryea; 06-29-2014 at 03:03 AM.
Old 06-29-2014, 09:56 AM   #239  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I do not wear a bathing suit locally, but if we go on vacation to the beach I will wear it because nobody knows me and I will never see those people again. As Mary said, people are concerned about how they look themselves....don't care how you look. When we go to the beach, we go out early in the morning before the sun gets too hot and walk down the beach, looking at things that washed up during the night, such as jellyfish. In the afternoon when the beaches get crowded we usually go sightseeing. A couple times I sat out on our deck in my bathing suit but we have a pretty private deck. DH said I could probably sunbathe nude, but I think he just wants to look! LOL

Mary, I am so glad you did not have damage to your home...and with you home alone, to boot! I am so afraid of having a fire. In our other house we had an electric stove and I wasn't used to it and had a bad habit of setting things on it before it cooled...dish towels, cookbooks, etc. I like my gas stove so much better as I can see the flame. The bad thing about it is I have very little sense of smell and cannot smell gas leaking. If anything ever happens to DH I will have to have a gas alarm put in to alert me if there is gas leaking.

Lucinda, it's so good that those young girls enjoyed the fresh vegetables! While at my son's house, they had vegetables cut up for dipping in hummus, and my 5 year old grandson was gobbling up all the peppers, carrots and celery. He loves veggies, but he likes his junk food, too.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:26 PM   #240  
kosherveganchick

Good for you Flower123! I also separated myself from my trigger foods! I gained control by just swearing off/avoiding/junking all the foods that lead me to a binge! It is liberating to be free from bad food addictions!
Closed Thread