Go to
  • Down 1.8 lbs.
  • Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
    5/10 = 214.5 = -8.6
    5/17 = 214.1 = -9
    5/24 = 213.8 = -9.3
    5/31 = 213.4 = -9.7 (-1.5 for May)
    6/7 = 213 = -10.1 (-.4 this week)
  • Hi all and Corinna! Haven't been around for a while. Was diagnosed with T2 diabetes in March so I've been hanging around the diabetes and low carb threads. Diabetes is in check, still higher than normal people but not actually what they call diabetes. Down to losing this belly fat and hope that does the trick. I eat very few carbs except for beans, fruit, and lots of veggies. Have added coconut oil twice a day to my olive oil, cardio twice a day for 20 min each, 30 minute yoga - all good for sugar levels. Good fats and protein every time you eat, low carbs, and move throughout the day - is working for me. I haven't had any any sugar or hardly any processed carbs for a few months so I really don't have any cravings any more. Looking forward to picking up some more tips from you guys.
  • Good for you Renee

I'm up a pound but it's probably just normal fluxuation.

Kris2008 - Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Diet is a good read. I'm a low carber too. Still eat fruit but keep portions in mind. I'm not diabetic but we have malfunctioning pancreases in my family (cancer, to be blunt) so I'm particularly interested in keeping sugars in check and carbs under control.
  • Good for you Renee

I'm up a pound but it's probably just normal fluxuation.

AAD - your doing great!!

Kris2008 - Dr. Bernstein's Diabetes Diet is a good read. I'm a low carber too. Still eat fruit but keep portions in mind. I'm not diabetic but we have malfunctioning pancreases in my family (cancer, to be blunt) so I'm particularly interested in keeping sugars in check and carbs under control.
  • ooops - sorry bout that
  • Down 1.8 lbs.

Renee & AAD - Good job - keep it going

Kris2008 & Crimzon - I avoid all sugars and limit most carbs, because I have found that is what works for me to lose. We can maybe help each other with suggestions.

Jude
  • Jude-I hope you get some warmer weather soon. I can understand the weather humor. Good job with the 1.8lbs loss.

Wow Renee, almost 2 lbs!!! Your doing good. Keep it up.

AAD -still noting a loss weekly. Good job.

I see Kris gave us an update. Welcome back Kris! Seems like you got a structured plan for now, and a diabetes group to help you out too. We will have to share a few other tips with you to help you reach your goal.

Hang in there Lizzie. I agree with you, it may just be a normal fluxuation. Maybe next week will look better.
  • Soup Recipe
    Anyone have a good soup recipe? Looking for something to make for my hubby that is only veggie. It can't have dairy, gluten, or nuts. Most beans are okay. Just wondering.
  • Morning C -

This is on my "almost" vegan DH's favorite list:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Vegan-S...sr_results_p1i

If that doesn't work go to Allrecipes.com and look for Vegan Split Peal Soup I.

I make a simpler, basic split pea soup with sweet potatoes or yams instead of white and I add soy chorizo (which makes everything tastier) and a really small amount of liquid smoke. I use Trader Joes brand of chorizo but other's work just as well.

One of my favorite sites for vegan ideas is Post Punk Kitchen. Just google and it will come up.

I hope it's okay to post links. I was booted off another board for doing so.
  • Corinna -
    I make a soup all the time to take to work that is easy and fast.
    I cook cauliflower, celery and onion in vegetable broth (about 1 cup broth to 8 oz. veg.). Throw in some thyme, a couple of bay leaves, garlic, and salt and pepper (and some curry powder if you like it), and cook for about 15 minutes. Then I remove the bay leaves and blend it smooth, and it is a nice creamy texture, and I find it very filling. You can use other veg. too, but the cauliflower makes it nice and smooth.

The sun came out and warmed everything up yesterday, but back to cold and rainy today - a good soup day!!

Jude
  • You are doing so well jollyjude!!

Sugar has been out of my life for years now. I don't really miss it - I have a salt tooth instead. I also avoid carbs but still have some.

Your cauliflower soup is similar to my "25 minute soups" that I make all the time. Shallots cooked in some butter and olive oil, LC veggie of some sort, broth, S&P. Cook - then zap in blender. So easy and LC. Asparagus if good that way, broccoli, zucchs, etc. I like cauliflower with curry and tumeric. Sometimes I'll a little parmesan at the table (not with curry....lol).
  • Thanks Lizzie and Jude!! I will give them a try. Thanks for your help.
  • Hello all, and congrats to Renee, Jollyjude, AAD, and all who lost weight this week; you are an inspiration!

I was on vacation in South Carolina all last week, but when I returned I hadn't gained a pound, which for me is an achievement in itself!

My 2 sisters and I are all determined to lose 20 lbs, and I'd like to do it before Labor Day, when my DBF is having a family reunion at his home. It helps me to have such a goal...2 years ago I was able to lose 30 lbs for my niece's wedding.

Have a great day!

Andi
  • Andi - Nice to see you back and good job on not gaining while on vacation
    Almost 12 weeks til Labour Day - you can do this!

Have had a busy week trying to catch up with what I didn't get done last week. Plus my son's University graduation is tomorrow and I had to go shopping to get something to wear, as I had nothing that fit me - everything was either too big or too small

Hope everyone is having a good week,
    Jude