3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   25/30 Pound Goal - Let's Do It Together - Thread3 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/295641-25-30-pound-goal-lets-do-together-thread3.html)

Crimzon 10-20-2014 04:58 PM

Thanks to all of you!

:thanks:

Corinna T 10-22-2014 05:01 AM

It's mid-week. I think all is going fine so far. I checked my weight this morning and it looked promising. So I hope Saturday will be a good weigh-in day. Hope you all are doing fine too.

Wannabehealthy 10-22-2014 06:41 AM

Hi ladies. I have more than 30 lbs to lose, but I can relate to all of you.

Andi, I have posted with you in the past and I know that you are very health conscious. I can understand how you feel that your boyfriend isn't the same. My DH hates to go to the doctor, but because he has high blood pressure, I MAKE him go, and I feel comfortable that he is at least taking care of that. You can't actually do that with someone you're not married to.

I have several health problems and more doctors than I can keep track of. I know in my heart that if I lose some of this weight my health would improve.

WebWoman 10-22-2014 08:44 AM

Good morning ladies!

I'm doing my usual midweek bounce up and down a pound or two and want to move quicker. I think I'm going to try doing a veggie only day today and see if that makes a difference. I love fresh vegetables, but they take longer to prepare and I usually take the easy path and grab other things to eat instead.

Since I have a lot of veggies in the ref. now, I'm going to try it and will report back. If nothing else, it will keep me regular haha.

Yesterday I installed a small chandelier over my dinette table and am feeling proud to have done it myself (I live alone). It looks nicer than the old one and matches the other lighting fixtures that have been updated.

Carol Sue, let's work together to lose 2-3 pounds by Halloween - anyone else want to reach for that goal? We can do it!!

Andi

Wannabehealthy 10-22-2014 11:04 AM

Good for you on installing that chandelier! I could never do it. I'm afraid of wiring.

I'm in on the Halloween challenge! Every pound counts!

Crimzon 10-24-2014 12:52 PM

Andi - I'm really impressed with your home improvement skills. I would never attempt that which is kinda sad. You should be proud of yourself.

InATizzy was right about flights and retaining water. I'm down a couple and we'll see what tomorrow brings.

WebWoman 10-24-2014 01:41 PM

I do it out of cost necessity :-) Not too hard once you've done a few, and it's very rewarding.

We had a "carry-in" meal at work yesterday and I hope it didn't kill any weight loss for the week. What is it about eating together at work that makes people (like me) want to overeat?

Trying to balance it by eating mostly veggies today. Hope it works.

Andi

Corinna T 10-25-2014 12:04 AM

:cb: Today's weigh-in shows done one pound. :cb:

Renee3 10-25-2014 06:32 AM

No change for me :( With the cooler weather, I seem to be eating more than I should...I need to get focused again.....

Good for you Corrina!!!!!

AAD 10-25-2014 12:27 PM

Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
9/13 = 207 = -16.1
9/29 = 206 = -17.1
Oct 11 = 205.3 = -17.8
10/19 = 204.7 = -18.4
10/25 = 204.3 = -18.8

Corinna T 10-26-2014 04:13 AM

C'mon Renee, hang in there!!! :hug: You can do it. You are over half way there. :cheer: You have been silently moving along these past few weeks. Lots of other activity to keep your focus elsewhere. Now with the cooler weather and not as much to keep you busy, it is time to tighten up and get things moving along again with determination. I know you can. Let's do this together. Let's shoot for 2 lbs this week. I challenge you to compete with me. I know you can do it. Are you determined enough to do it? :carrot: Let's do this. :carrot:

I challenge all of you this week. It will be tough with Halloween coming up, :witch: but remember your job is to give that candy away and don't eat it. :tape: Just think of it as giving away/getting rid of those extra pounds that would be crushing all your hard work so far and tipping the scale in the other direction. Don't give it all up. You all have worked too hard. Maintain your focus. Stay strong and determined. You can do it!!!!!

:dust:

Renee3 10-26-2014 05:59 AM

I accept the challenge, Corinna :goodscale

Corinna T 10-26-2014 03:41 PM

Yeah!!!! We can do this Renee!!!!!

Corinna T 10-27-2014 05:07 PM

Wow, no other takers out there?!?!?

Hey Renee-yesterday went okay. However, I know it could have been better. I ate my regular meals, but I need to be stricter on my choices. Today is off to a good start with a jog, and now a breakfast drink. Focus, focus, focus. Will power too of course. How are you doing?

Renee3 10-27-2014 07:50 PM

I'm trying.....really trying......I could have done better today.....will not look at the apple pie I baked.....will eat an apple instead