Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 07:19 PM   #136  

S/C/G: HW:276 Restart 242.6/148.2/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi everybody!

I have been busy working midnight shifts, which throws off my schedule, but tomorrow am off for a couple days of camping and hiking.
I won't be back until late Thursday, so will check in on Friday.

Lizzie - Hang in there, stick to plan, and it will come off

Andi - I find that any prepackaged or prepared food is usually loaded with sodium..
Dandelion tea is a great natural diuretic and good for you too!

Bonnie - Good to hear that your shoulder is responding well, and that you have a day by day plan in place

Good week, everyone
Old 06-17-2014, 05:08 PM   #137  

S/C/G: 177/163.4/140

Height: 5'3"

Smile Thanks For the Encouragement!

You are all so welcoming! Gosh!

Tried eating "normal" over the weekend and gained some back.
Wanted to go out to eat w/DH w/o a fuss.
After getting on the scale Monday morning and seeing 3 pounds + I was so mad that I now have to lose that same 3 pounds again!

Of course it's just in my liver so it should go away again pretty fast.

Done this before. Doesn't matter what my friends can do, I can't just diet during the week. It's weekends too from now on. Know what I have to do, order a plain chicken breast. Or drag one off the bun, scrape off the cheese (or whatever) and cut it up. But faced with a huge menu of lovely choices that is NOT what I want, LOL. (I'm a real whiner).

I walk around my house too! 30 minutes every morning before I eat. Circumnavigate the DR, LR and den. Rather work out in my pajamas before work than go to a gym. (I'm a whiner and a bum!) LOL. My new thing is isometrics at my desk. Lots of videos on Youtube, but one has to be careful not to get caught.

Good Luck Everyone!
Old 06-17-2014, 05:52 PM   #138  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

peanutbutter..I can not deviate over the week end or for any holiday. I must stay committed to this newer, improved way of living. I do not want to slip back into my former habits and my former life. I will no longer tolerate a bloated paranoid sugar blinded existence. I have broken free!
Old 06-17-2014, 11:50 PM   #139  
~Bonnie~

S/C/G: 250/244/180

Height: 5'4"

Hope everyone had a good day. I had another physical therapy session today and wow, they really worked my shoulder! So far I'm not in too much additional pain. I have fibromyalgia and my PT guy wanted to make sure he didn't cause a flare in the rest of my body!

Tonight my daughter sent me an email which rather ticked me off! The old Bonnie would have devoured a half gallon of ice cream and then stuffed myself with whatever I could find! The new Bonnie felt the hurt for what it was and will try to respond in a loving way.

Today I walked 1/4 of a mile on my treadmill (the first time since I had major back surgery last year) and did a little bit on my exercise bike. Was too pooped after PT to do much more!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:04 AM   #140  
Focus & Determination

S/C/G: 158.5/143/125

Height: 5'8"

Wow LucindaArrowSpark, you have surpassed your goal!!! Great work!!!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #141  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I must be ever vigilant to ferret out the hidden sugar in foods I consume. When a lable of salsa says "natural flavors" but does not list sugar, is it not possible that sugar is still lurking in the food, waiting to re-addict me?
Old 06-18-2014, 08:20 AM   #142  

S/C/G: 185/174/169

Height: 5'8

Hi all,

Peanutbutter, I can't deviate for a weekend, either. It's a slippery slope when you tell yourself that just one meal won't matter, as sugar and carbs are addicting and it's so hard to wean yourself off them again. It takes me about 3 days to do this.

Andi
Old 06-20-2014, 06:05 PM   #143  

Hello everyone,

Made it back safe from our camping trip - but got no hiking done and ended up eating in restaurants No telling what I ate that I am not aware of!!

We actually ended up moving to a cabin after our first night because there was so much rain that the tent started leaking. As if that wasn't bad enough, our second night (in the cabin) a couple of loud bangs woke us up, and it turned out a giant tree by the cabin had fallen over and barely missed squishing our vehicle. Luckily no damage, and we were thankful it happened at night when nobody was walking in the area.
The rain also curtailed our hikes because the trails turned into slippery mud paths

I hope this is not a sign - I have a trip planned in a couple of weeks to fly down to meet some people in Portland for the 4th of July, then drive out to the Washington Olympic peninnsula to do some hiking.

Bonnie - good job with getting some exercise in and not giving in to the ice cream devil

Lucindaarrowspark - I find that just about everything that is bought already prepared has sooo much stuff added to it. Reading labels doesn't even help with some of the fancy names that they have for ingredients as there is no telling what they are. That is why I much prefer preparing my own food, and keeping it as simple as I can.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:57 AM   #144  

S/C/G: 226.4/224.4/175

Height: 5'10"

Down 1.8 lbs. Had a good week and really paid attention to my diet. Have a beautiful weekend everyone!
Old 06-21-2014, 10:58 AM   #145  

S/C/G: 179/ticker/135

Slowly but surely inching my weight down! SOOOO EXCITED to be in the 140's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am another one who cannot deviate on the weekends. That was my problem for the last 20 years of trying to lose weight. I'd have a treat and, at best, a week later I could get back on track. I lost and gained the same 5 pounds for 20 years. I cannot have carby treats and continue to lose weight. The carbs create cravings and sugar lows and highs and huge hunger. Now that I have to watch my blood sugar levels and cannot have carby treats - I don't have the cravings and binges any more. Like night and day.
Old 06-21-2014, 11:32 AM   #146  
~Bonnie~

S/C/G: 250/244/180

Height: 5'4"

Good morning. I'm down 2 pounds this week. Now the hard part is not gaining over the weekend so I don't keep losing the same 2 pounds and regaining week after week. That's my history. I want a different path!

Thanks for all that post here. Many times when I feel like eating in between meals or just stuffing my face because I'm procrastinating over something worthwhile that I SHOULD be doing I come to the boards and read about everyone else's struggles/stories. Makes me feel not so alone and gives me a bigger picture of a lot of people, whether they've reached their goal or not, that must keep up the battle day after day after day.

Have a GREAT weekend!
Old 06-22-2014, 12:41 AM   #147  
Focus & Determination

Yippee Renee, Kris, and Bonnie!!!! You are all doing great!!! Hope you continue to have a good week of progress.
Old 06-22-2014, 12:42 AM   #148  
Focus & Determination

Determination today leads to success tomorrow!

Quitting is NOT an option.

I can do this...I know I can. It's just going to take time & patience.

Start doing what's necessary, then do what's possible, and suddenly you'll be doing the impossible!
Old 06-22-2014, 10:41 AM   #149  

Great job on the losses Renee, Bonnie and Kris!!

After the camping trip with all the restaurant meals my body has not been happy Too much sodium and who knows what else. I have retained water, so didn't use Saturdays weight. This has been a good reminder to be vigilant with what I eat.
Weighed today and down 1.4 lbs from last week.
Hope that I am back on track now.

Have a good week everyone!
Old 06-22-2014, 07:31 PM   #150  
AAD
Aida ~ Slow but steady ~

S/C/G: 229/229/159

Start 1/20 @223.1# & Target = 198.1
5/24 = 213.8 = -9.3
5/31 = 213.4 = -9.7 (-1.5 for May)
6/7 = 213 = -10.1 (-.4 this week)
6/14 = 212.5 = -10.6 (-.5 this week)
6/22 = 211.9 = -11.2