3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~May Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 08:25 AM   #91
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Maryea, I am glad to hear you are getting that blood sugar under control. I hope you continue to have good blood sugar readings! Also sorry to hear about your dh's eye issues. From what you post, it seems as though despite healths' curve balls the two of you keep on truckin' ever onward and undeterred! Thanks for good role modeling for the rest of us,( I mean me!)
I am musle sore these last two days.. I even had to take a Advil. The weather here is soaking wet damp unescapable rain and fog.
I can not spend the day gorking, I have too much work to do.
Mega shout out to Liana...you sure do know your technology. Are google glasses in your future?
Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 AM   #92
Struggling Dieter

Mary, good for you with the blood sugar! I knew you could do it! Sometimes mine goes too high for unknown reasons. It's hard to understand sometimes.

I would think the problem with your meds was with Express Scripts. I worked for Medco before it became Express Scripts. People thought Medco was bad, but my former co-workers said Express Scripts is terrible. It is probably due to disgruntled employees. You don't feel like giving your best work when no matter what you do you are not appreciated but just pushed to do more and more. The company pushes for speed, and therefore, accuracy goes by the wayside. When you tell the doctors around here that you get your meds from Express Scripts, they don't even want to deal with them, but because they are cheap, that's where everyone has to go.

My husband is still in pain from his shingles, but he says it's becoming more tolerable. He actually cut the grass, but did it a little at a time over 3 days. When he gets tired he comes in and rests.

Old 05-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #93

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Carol sue I heard that shingles are very painful. My mother in law had it a couple years ago but it didn't last very long. Maybe a couple weeks. Glad to hear dh is feeling better.

Mary the 1-1-1 website is putting up a forum today at 1 pm. I'm hoping it helps with our plan. I haven't been doing too well but I'm trying again today to stay on plan.

Bobbi hope you're alright!
K31 prayers continue for you and dh
K3 sure could use a scolding from you about now.

The weather changed yesterday. It's very cool here. Sure is some strange weather. The weekend is approaching. Time to pack up again for the camp. It's just going to be dh and I this time. I think ds's are going to be getting overtime at work.

Be back later ladies
Hugs cajun
Old 05-15-2014, 01:23 PM   #94

S/C/G: 163/134/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Yaaaaay, Mary!! Your hard work is paying off!

Lucinda: I don't know about the techmaster thing.... lol, when I first started working on a computer (close to 30 years ago now - DOS based, hee hee) I mistakenly deleted over 400 registration files and they had to be added back in to the system by hand - luckily we were still quite paper based - no 'Cloud' in those days, . I tend to be a little cautious about trying things out that I'm not sure of tech-wise. Once burned, twice shy. FORGET Google glasses, it's bad enough now when everyone is staring down at their phones & texting all the time. I think it would be freaky to not be sure if someone were looking at you, or through you to their google link. I remember when Bluetooth started to be in fashion - you never knew if the guy in the grocery lineup was talking to you, or someone on his phone. Made for some awkward moments...

Re: Shingles
Lots of the docs here suggest to people our age that they get the Zostavax shingles vaccine for prevention. It's not very expensive in Canada - I think around $60, my dad just got it this past year. Not sure about US costs tho.
more info from the CDC: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/...-need-know.htm

I managed to avoid pulling and stewing massive amounts of our rhubarb plants yesterday by dressing up in a little sundress & meeting my dh for a coffee date downtown, under the guise of doing a business bank deposit.
I do have to get to them though, or it will be "Day of the Triffids" 1951 all over again...

Liana

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
Old 05-15-2014, 01:30 PM   #95
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Sorry I've been AWOL, but I'm in a funk. I hate myself for back sliding and can't seem to stop. Sugar is my enemy. I've never had such a huge urge for sweets, don't know what's going on. I'm not in the mood to diet, count calories. I tried looking back on posts where some of you are doing the 1-1-1 program but couldn't find it. Maybe I need to do something like that to get back to where I was 8 pounds ago. Can someone explain to me in a nut shell the instructions of this diet. Those of you that are on it, is it working?
Old 05-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #96
Jacksonville, FL

I think you need to buy their book, I could not find it online either, so I rejoined weight watchers. I did simple start for 6 days then went to simply filling and have lost 7 pounds so far!
Old 05-15-2014, 01:49 PM   #97

Bobbi are you sure it wasn't me who typed those words? Ditto!
SUGAR :-(

You are not alone.
Hugs
Cajun
Old 05-15-2014, 02:31 PM   #98
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 4' 11 1/2"

Bobbi ~ glad you checked in ~ sorry you are struggling. Ditto what Cajun said ~ you are not alone. Sugar is my biggest struggle too. In addition to gaining weight when I give in to it ~ I don't feel good when I am eating a bunch of junk. And depending how bad I fell off that wagon, when I try to get back on, I have (I think) kind of withdrawal headaches. I hate feeling crappy ~ you'd think I'd learn. I feel as frustrated with myself as you do.

I was curious about the 1-1-1 diet too. I borrowed the book from the library. I didn't read it all, but what I did, it sounded sensible and like a healthy way to go. For me, I thought it might be something I could try after I make some progress.

Bobbi ~ I looked back and found where the mention of the 1-1-1 started (guess that shows I spend too much time on here ~ LOL ~ but just trying to help). It was back in the February thread by TamTam. She has posted on some other threads too, so maybe you can search her and find her posts and read more about it. Also the lady who wrote the book has a facebook page (I think it is under her name ~ Rania Batayneh) that might help.

Hang in there.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance. (From Karen31's post)

Last edited by glynne : 05-15-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 02:39 PM   #99

S/C/G: 163/134/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 50 yrs old

Bobbi: Good to see you back! Don't beat yourself up... you have made a fresh start, and it will get better from here. You know what causes the problem, so just realize that you will be in withdrawal for a little bit, but you can do this!

Liana

At goal or below since March 5, 2014
Old 05-15-2014, 06:18 PM   #100

Mary the 1-1-1 forum is up. I'm excited about this. Maybe I'll get ideas and tips that will help me out.
Cajun
Old 05-15-2014, 06:28 PM   #101

My bs are doing better still...high but better this morning and good before lunch. I forgot to check it two hours after breakfast. Been busy today. No change in my weight per new scale but I am still overeating in the eve, only thing different is that I am mostly eating low carb foods. My main focus is my bs. We bought a very cheap scale and it is only in .5 increments. I prefer .1 or .2 but like this scale otherwise. It is small and easily toted about if I want to take it when we travel.

Bobbi - I know you can get back on your plan, whatever you choose. The 1-1-1 is about as simple as it can get if you want to try it. Just one nutrient (fat, carb and protein) at each meal. Serving sizes for the most part are just what you think or what's on a package but there are a few exception so it's best to read the book. You have to drop the idea of what you have to eat when on a diet though unless you really want to eat it! I love that! I actually eat more in some ways eating this way, but before I went back to eating in the evenings I was losing. Do remember the servings are the max you can eat not what you have to eat. She does not tell you how much you have to eat, so if you are allowed a cup and you eat 1/4 cup, that's your serving! You are to eat snacks between meals but no eating in the evening.

Because of my bs I cannot always have a snack and I still eat in the evening, but hopefully if I can get my bs down after meals I'll be able to have a snack and that may help me not eat in the evenings. It seemed to before. I honestly don't think I'll try any other diet. This is for the most natural way to eat for me. It is not a diet in the usual sense though...I don't like someone telling me what or how much I have to eat...but this is just is a strategy for eating. It is up to you to decided what to eat, and how much within the set limits on the three nutrients, lower and low gylcemic veggies are totally free.

Glynne - Yes Tam started the conversation about 1-1-1 but was struggling with it so don't know if she's still on it. Then I picked it up and have posted a lot about it.

The website is oneoneonediet.com I think but it mostly talks about her and her book, but here is her facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/RaniaBatayneh
She's good about answering questions. I bought her book on Amazon.
Mostly it's just common sense. Eat what you want but keep the nutrients in balance no more than one each at each meal or snack. Protein and grains (If you eat them) at snacks are 1/2 serv. That's it!

Cajun - is that 1 pm EST? I don't know why but I picture Rania in NY. Doubt I'll have time today anyway but thanks for letting me know. Is it on the FB page? Maybe I can read it later.
ETA: Cajun, I just visited the forum. I don't know why but I was thinking that you meant a chat or online conference.

Last edited by maryea : 05-15-2014 at 06:47 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 06:33 PM   #102
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

and sugar hides in plain sight! I know for me, my sugar addiction morphed into an alcohol problem. However since January 27th I have been set free from my sugar dependency,and 30 plus pounds have left my body! Good riddance!
I know that for me, it had to be all or nothing. I can not "cheat" or reward myself with a sweet treat. One is too much and the whole container is not enough!
Old 05-15-2014, 06:44 PM   #103
Jacksonville, FL

Good work, Lucinda!!
Old 05-15-2014, 08:11 PM   #104
Struggling Dieter

Canadjineh, I heard that the cost of the Zostavax depends on which insurance you have. My neighbor told me it cost $200, but in his case, his insurance paid for all but $40, which is his copay. He said the doctor gave him a slip to get the shot and then he had to go to the drug store (RiteAid) to get the shot. Then he said he got a bill for $120, so he has to find out from his insurance what he is supposed to pay.

I want to get it, but I think I will wait til my next doctor's appointment in July. I already had it, but they say you can get it again and I don't ever want to go through what DH is going through.

Old 05-16-2014, 12:29 AM   #105
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

Okay girls, I down loaded the One One One book to my Kindle Fire. I've spend 3 hours reading, got to the list of foods and would like to print them out. Rather than type everything on Word pad, is there a list online that I can print out? I did google the food list but couldn't find one for this plan. I think I'll make some daily food tallies to mark off what I've eaten and what's left to eat. It sounds like more food that I care to eat but I've got to do something NOW. Seems like someone mentioned a list of the food awhile back. Thanks Glynne for all the information you looked up and posted. You're a sweet girl, do you know that? Mary...You started this I think, THANKS...maybe.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.