Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 09:01 AM   #31  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Lucinda, you have done a fabulous job of turning things around. You realized what your weaknesses were and tackled them. Good job! That walk to and from synagogue really impressed me.

Sweets are not an issue for me. I'm just not interested. But give me a loaf of bread and I'm in big trouble!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:39 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Morning, gals: Sunny lovely spring day here, hope your day goes On Plan. Get out for a breath of fresh air and a good look around for de-stressing

Lucinda: My biggie is old cheese and jiggers of hot sauce in combo (now only a problem at TOM - hopefully soon to be gone...)

Liana
Old 05-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #33  

Height: 5'3"

good morning! Sun is out and it's a beautiful day! Dh just left to get some supplies for building a birdhouse. Our son and his gf gave him a saw to use in building things. So he's enthusiastic about starting. I pointed out a few things that needed fixing around the house first...loose wood here and there and he fixed them fast before going out. Guess that wasn't very nice (at least the timing?), but they did need to be done and were simple things. this is not a gym day so I'm trying to get more done in the house.

My eating today:
breakfast
lighter pb mocha made with almond milk - protein, carb and fat

am snack (not sure I should have had a snack)
1 oz deli thin roast beef slices -pro
1/2 banana sprinkled with cinnamon - carb
Tablespoon pecans - fat

lunch
Grilled cheese sandwich - carb, fat and protein
about 1/3 cup chili - off plan

snack
1 sq chocolate caramel

dinner
baked chicken breast - protein and fat
roast asparagus - free
5 strawberries with 1 t. powdered sugar - sugar would be off plan but fruit is my carb

Wannabee/Lucinda - I like your comment about Lucinda and you are right, she's amazing. I need to do the same thing. I know my weakness is my evening snacking and I need to tackle it as you say ...I've been trying but it's time to just do what I need to do and stop allowing it to be an obstacle. I appreciate all you GGs so much as even though it may not seem like I change much I do learn and grow and am motivated by your comments. For about a week when I started this current eating strategy, I didn't eat in the evening at all. My bs was still high in the am but not as bad and it came down pretty nicely during the day, so I believe that is the answer. If I can get it down at least enough to keep my A1C below 7, I can probably stay on one med.

Lucinda - I am the same way about sweets if I have them in the house, however I'm ok with the 1-2-3 cake because it is not good enough for me to crave. Dh buys goodies for himself and sometimes that is still hard for me. If I can fit them into my eating plan I will ask (he no longer offers at least!) for some but because I think of them as HIS I don't binge on them like I would if I bought for myself or both of us. However I will overeat on anything...so if sweets aren't in the house, I'll overeat on nuts, or pb or bread or anything! So for me I just have to stick to my eating plan and say no...but it is hard.
Speaking of strange things to eat...I think my strangest are a tablespoon of mayo on salads sometimes (mostly I don't use any dressing, this is just now and then), or radish and butter (Smart Balance) sandwiches. I think these are midwestern things or were in my day.

Lynn - LOL my dh said the 1-2-3 cake looks like a sponge! He liked it.

Cajun - I'll have to look for bream...never heard of it before. Hope your burn is easing some.

Karen3 - Tea baths might be good for self-tanning! A way to get it in a comfortable to speedy way! I'd probably come out streaked though. I use the Jergens tanning cream and occasionally I get it steaked...looks bad.

Hi to everyone else...you all have a good day!

Last edited by maryea; 05-06-2014 at 10:54 PM.
Old 05-06-2014, 05:14 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 210.4/209.8/155

Height: 4'11"

Good afternoon GGs!~ My birthday was this week so not doing so good. I had a slice of toast with cream cheese and strawberries for breakfast then had leftover Chinese food for lunch, my husband is cooking a meatloaf for dinner and then we are going to celebrate my birthday at Farrell's ice cream parlor. Looking forward to seeing all my grandkids and plan to only have a little serving of ice cream will be ordering a Zoo for everyone to indulge in. Just starting back and got the Beck book out of the library to read and how to succeed this time. I am so tired of the yo-yo, start and stop that I have done for so many years. Time to get serious.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie56 View Post
Good afternoon GGs!~ My birthday was this week so not doing so good. I had a slice of toast with cream cheese and strawberries for breakfast then had leftover Chinese food for lunch, my husband is cooking a meatloaf for dinner and then we are going to celebrate my birthday at Farrell's ice cream parlor. Looking forward to seeing all my grandkids and plan to only have a little serving of ice cream will be ordering a Zoo for everyone to indulge in. Just starting back and got the Beck book out of the library to read and how to succeed this time. I am so tired of the yo-yo, start and stop that I have done for so many years. Time to get serious.
Hi millie56: Maybe you need to change up your birthday routine a little? Get dressed up & go out to a play, or symphony, or other music of your choice... go out dancing. If all family likes to be involved, organize a picnic in the park or at the zoo or down by the ocean (not sure where you live exactly) - at least you get to choose your meals that way. If special occasions always revolve around the kind of food that really 'doesn't work in our favour' perhaps it might be time to change the tradition. We take my Mum & Dad out for a concert for their anniversary - lots of local jazz, blues, Latin style bands travelling here that they enjoy -since they have to watch their blood sugars we don't do the 'treat meals' out anymore. Might be a way to help the rest of the family get healthier. Not trying to sound preachy, just a little something we can all think about. It helps keep us on an even keel, weight-wise, when we indulge in treats that don't involve food.

Liana
Old 05-07-2014, 10:15 AM   #36  
Jacksonville, FL

My post evaporated...I do read daily, just don't post much, praying for Tim.. Losing steadily, still hungry some, but learning that is life for me....
Old 05-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies. Today is cloudy. I think rain is moving in Thursday thru Saturday. That's about my luck. My birthday weekend. We were all supposed to go to the camp and do some fishing. Now not sure what's going to happen. Dh went last night to the camp. He brought one one his farmer customers. Today they are fishing. Must be nice fishing on the job. He said he's gotten make his customers happy. Yea right. They are catching fish too.
Mary this question is for you. I'm following 1-1-1 and the scale in not moving at all. I'm thinking that even though I'm following the plan it's too much food. What do you think?

Deelou great job. What plan are you following?

K3 glad to hear from you. I stayed on plan the entire weekend only to lose nothing. I'm so discouraged.

Gotta scoot outa here.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 05-07-2014, 03:11 PM   #38  
Jacksonville, FL

Weight watchers simply filling but not using all the extra points given
Old 05-07-2014, 04:34 PM   #39  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Cajun ~ I wondered if ~ since you like the 1-1-1 plan ~ if you still couldn't make it work by eating what it tells you to eat, but just make the portions a little smaller? There is nothing that says ~ I wouldn't think ~ that you have to eat the size portion they are telling you to ~ to make it work. Forgive me, I probably shouldn't be making any comments as I certainly am not very successful in my own efforts at weight loss. Just trying to help.

Last edited by glynne; 05-07-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:40 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Gayle don't feel bad. I asked for advice. I'm thinking you are right. I always said the portions were too large. An example: 1 cup cook rice. That's a large portion if rice. The meats are 4 to 6 ozs. I do eat the 6 oz because I'm a meat eater. I'm thinking of trying to cut the carbs in half.
Thanks again.
Cajun
Old 05-07-2014, 08:24 PM   #41  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens!

Happy Birthday, Millie! I hope it was a good one!!

Nothing much going on here. Weight is stable, still at 13#. I can't complain, because I feel good and I've lost my "bubble butt". I'm just hanging in, waiting for my hip surgery (I CANNOT wait!!)... and retirement is in three weeks! I can't believe it... but I'm ready for that, too!

Sounds like you're all doing well.

Gayle - you never need to apologize!!! We know that you care!

Everyone, be well... Later, lovelies!
Old 05-07-2014, 10:40 PM   #42  

Height: 5'3"

I got up late as I didn't sleep much last night, so the day has gone fast. Then we went grocery shopping. I've gotten very little done here at home. I've done pretty well with my eating today, however my bs remains high. I do feel I ate dinner a little too early tonight as my lunch was late and that didn't help. Not posting my meals today as I'm too lazy. LOL But I haven't done badly.

Jess - Glad you have maintained your weightloss. That's not always so easy.

Cajun - you don't have to eat the whole serving. It is just the max you should eat of any of the three nutrients, not the required or even recommended amounts. I can see where that could be confusing. I eat just what I feel right about but not more than the serving. But that said, I find I can actually eat more than I ever used to think I could eat when I eat only the ONE serv of each nutrient and I don't eat in the evening. It works out about right for me and because I am eating more at meals, I'm rarely really hungry. The eve eating is my problem but I don't eat out of real physical hunger, it is habit and for taste (emotional).

Millie - Glad you posted. Most of us have our struggles but we keep trying. Every day you try is one day of better health than if you didn't.

Last edited by maryea; 05-07-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2014, 11:51 PM   #43  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

It has been a pretty good day. I didn't mess up food wise ~ yippee ~ made it through the day. Like Mary, my struggle is wanting to munch in the evening. Well, actually it starts in the late afternoon sometimes. I struggle more on those afternoons when it has been a particularly challenging day with Maddie.

I tried that 3-2-1 cake this evening. I put some strawberries on it and a little cool whip. It was pretty good ~ like a little strawberry shortcake.

There was some kind of picture printing deal, and so I made up a collection for my mom. I had hoped the pictures would get here in time so that I could get them arranged in a photo album and labeled and sent off to her in time for it to get there for Mother's Day. I mailed them out Tuesday and the post office estimated that it would get there on Monday. Sometimes when I have sent stuff, it has gotten there quicker than their estimate, so that is how I am hoping it turns out this time.

Now I am hoping for some more picture printing deals to come along. I want to make up a set for my sister and her two kids and my three kids. It is a nice collection of pictures of family.

Starting to get sleepy, so will head to bed. Hope you all rest well.

Take care
Old 05-08-2014, 08:31 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Donna, whatever you did to lose your bubble butt, I wonder if it would work on bubble belly? LOL They say that low carb gets rid of belly fat but I don't see it happening. Mine is so out of proportion.

Mary, after all these years of having people tell me that a snack in the evening will improve FBG I have experimented with no night eating and every time I do that my FBG is the same as it is at bedtime. Last night I was not hungry, but wanted something, but I resisted. I just have to make sure I eat enough at dinner to get me through til bedtime.

Cajun, That's very surprising to me that 1-1-1 tells you to eat 1 cup of rice. I think 1/3 cup is considered a serving. I am going to have to get this book. You ladies have me intrigued. I was resisting getting it because I seem to have every diet book ever written, but never lose a significant amount of weight. Just yo-yo up and down.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:47 AM   #45  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Carol Sue - sorry to be the bearer of sad tidings, but in all my research, I think the conclusion is that the panniculus (the apron of belly fat) lives on long after we die, unless it's surgically removed. Mine is less now, but I think I'll be able to amuse myself by playing with it forevermore!

It's almost misty outside, must have rained overnight. I love spring time!

Gotta get ready to roll... so ready for retirement!

Have a good one, lovelies!
Closed Thread