3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~April Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/294337-%7E%7Eapril-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

ladyinweighting 04-18-2014 07:35 AM

Hi Everyone,

My DD & SIL just left. We had a REALLY nice time. I got my tickets to go down there over Mother's Day.

Weather is cold and rainy and dreary.

Have a Happy Easter!

Lynn

lucindaarrowspark 04-18-2014 08:21 AM

My Ever Present Support Network,
I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I have been drowning under the obligations to family and home. But I have not been defeated. I have not succumbed to old nasty defeatist eating habits.
My sweet dh is in the hospital. He has colitis. This is a new glitch in our plans to live blissfully unencumbered.
I have not comforted myself with food. I have stayed committed to sobriety.
Enjoy Passover, and Happy Easter.

jess1 04-18-2014 09:10 AM

Hang in there, Lucinda!! One day at a time...

Karen31 04-18-2014 11:43 AM

Lucinda sending prayers for your DH and good thoughts.

Tim was discharged from the hospital yesterday and my brother and I went up and got him. He had a good night and I fixed him some scrambled eggs this morning. he said he had been craving them for over a week. Seems to be doing good and had a good nights sleep. Just wanted to pop In and give y'all and update.

Bobbolink 04-18-2014 05:57 PM

:easter2::easter::egg::bunny2::bunny::easter3:
I'll wish you all a Happy Easter today since I'll be too busy tomorrow preparing food for Sunday. I might just skip over to Cajuns Bar-Q after I glutton out at my house.

Karen31 04-19-2014 09:18 AM

Just a quick pop in this morning! I weighed this morning and through all the ups and downs of the month so far ---- I'm still at 190! I've been a little higher and a little lower the past few weeks but today --still 190!

Wannabehealthy 04-19-2014 04:15 PM

Lucinda, I hope your DH is feeling better soon. Have a Blessed Passover.

Karen31, Good to hear Tim is home and enjoying home cooked food and sleeping in his own bed.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Happy Easter to all!

akrosey49 04-19-2014 06:14 PM

Happy Easter everyone :easter2::bunny2::easter2: its been a busy day here getting things ready for tomorrow.. we have been renovating and every surface was cluttered and dusty.. ugh.. anyways,got the house work done with help from my dh and now just need to cook. we are keeping it simple my oldest dd and her family cant come so we will be a small group, hoping you all have a blessed easter (((hugs))) rosey :wave:

maryea 04-19-2014 08:30 PM

Seems like we've been really busy recently, yet I'm not quite sure why. :dizzy: Yesterday I did a thorough cleaning of our bathrooms. Also washed a couple loads of towels/sheets. It was actually my day to clean the bedrooms and I did change the sheets but then got mixed up about 1/2 way through the day. :dizzy: Today I haven't done much.

Last night we went to the Service of Darkness. Our son and his gf joined us. Then today we met up with our dd and sil and the kids for lunch since we will not be with them tomorrow. Not a traditional Easter meal...LOL, we had pizza but it was good.

My bs remains high. I am trying to cut out most sugar and of course continue to try and keep my carbs down in general but I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I will likely have to take more meds. I will keep trying though until I see the doc in July.

We will be alone for Easter so I bought a 3.5# Honey Baked Ham. Will have it (with lots of leftovers I'm sure) plus potatoes and some veggie. Just a simple, easy meal.

Meals so far today:
breakfast - 2 scrambled egg whites with green pepper, and cinnamon and raisin English muffin, 1 T Smart Balance. - protein, free veggie, carb and fat

lunch -
Shared a personal pizza with dh - carb, protein and fat
Garden salad - free veggie

Dinner - not sure yet

Karen31 - With everythings that's going on in your life, you did well to maintain. Being separated from my dh like that, I'd probably have eaten everything in sight! So glad he's home and keeping down his food. I know you'll take good care of him.

Lucinda - Sorry to hear about your dh. Hope they get him helped soon. I admire your discipline. Just pop in when you can, I always enjoy hearing from you as you inspire me.

Cajun - It never stops with you!! Company or visiting, and eating!! I can't imagine how you keep up..despite your occasional problems you actually do quite well on a diet considering. Have fun!

Cana - Glad to hear we have a fellow contester! I enter online mostly and I enjoy it. I have won many nice prizes and lots of other stuff as well. :D I just started back more seriously after a several months break. I spend way too much time on it when I'm serious about it! So far this month I've only won a couple small prizes...a 4 color pen and a movie.

Have a happy Easter! If I can I'll come back and edit my meals.

ladyinweighting 04-20-2014 08:44 AM

1 Attachment(s)
HAPPY EASTER!

:egg::bunny2:

Karen31 04-20-2014 11:02 AM

Happy Easter everyone!

jess1 04-20-2014 11:43 AM

I know it says "Happy Birthday", but it MEANS "Happy Easter!"!! Enjoy!!

http://www.jacquielawson.com/preview...145&path=83542

glynne 04-20-2014 12:36 PM

Happy Easter everyone. Hope you are having a wonderful day.

Donna ~ thanks for the Easter wish ~ I love those cards ~ the detail. This one was so sweet with the dog and bunnies.

Karen31 04-20-2014 12:43 PM

Love the card Donna!! And as long as it is HAPPY that is great!! Thanks Love it

ladyinweighting 04-20-2014 07:41 PM

Hi Everyone,

I went to my niece's for Easter. On the way home, I stopped at B&N and bought 2 of Bob Harper's (the Biggest Loser trainer) books - The Skinny Rules and Skinny Meals.

I always know I am getting desperate when I start buying diet books.

Skinny Rules has 20 rules. I decided I will start with Rule #1, do it for a day, and add Rule #2 ...

Rule #1 is drink a large glass of water before every meal. I begin tomorrow.

Lynn