Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 04:37 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Lynn, Is this the painting you are talking about? This is a painting my Dad bought years ago from the artist who painted it
Kind of a reverse Dorian Gray lol. Neat picture though, I like it!
Old 03-09-2014, 08:03 PM   #107  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Happiness is when my youngest daughter said to me ,"Mom, you look as thin as the other moms."
Old 03-09-2014, 10:38 PM   #108  

Height: 5'3"

Last night I allowed myself a snack...really regretted it as typical for me, I didn't stop with one and ended up eating way too much. I knew I shouldn't do it. Once I start I usually have trouble stopping and soon eat everything I can find if I really like it. Sure enough I was up a pound this morning. Before that snack I was doing really well. So today I am determined not to do that again! when you all read me say I might have a snack you probably knew what would happen, didn't you?!!

Sometimes I have done it the accelerated way with food like the chimi-changas or the tacos (yesterday) thinking they had enough fat but I'm learning I need to stick to the the regular 1-1-1 plan in most cases as I need that fat to fill me up. Also to fill up on lots of veggies if possible! My BS ha been really good today.

My food today
breakfast
Greek Yogurt with a little Kashi cereal in it - protein and carb
PB - 1 T - fat

lunch
beef & bean chimi - carb and protein
salad - free
mayo - 1 T - fat
fiber supplement

snack
PB mocha - carb, protein and fat

dinner
salad - free
bacon - 2 sl -protein
1/2 apple - carb
1 T pb - fat

ETA: Calories 1332, carbs 142, fiber 19, sodium 1210
Lucinda - You are inspiring. Love that you walked to synagogue and then had your heels to slip into when you got there. To and from ...impressive!

Last edited by maryea; 03-09-2014 at 10:41 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 08:50 AM   #109  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Good Morning greetings to you all. I am going to do the 4 minute exercises again this week. I will resist the temptation to be the obstacle in my own way. But why today of all days did the urge to smoke a cigarette re-emerge? It's been 28 years since I lit up. Damn you addiction-fairy! I gave up sugar/booze so now you are looking for any weakness, any crack in my fortitude?!
Old 03-10-2014, 04:19 PM   #110  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Thank you Lynn....just finished Still Life with Bread Crumbs. Ahhh I want another Jim. Good book
Old 03-10-2014, 10:13 PM   #111  

Karen, it is so good to have you back with us! How is your pain now? Do you have PT coming into your home or are you to exercise on your own?

We went to the gym this morning but all I did was walk/job about 1/2 mile (10 min) and rode bike for 20 min at 10. I wasn't feeling so great so when dh was ready to leave I was too. I think it is the fiber..even though I drink a lot of water. I have to cut back on it now and then for that reason. My colon is much better although I do feel it slightly. When I got home I was so tired so laid down for an hour. Didn't want to get up but I did.

Got my daily work done and mostly did my weekly work in the family room. Didn't touch the living room but we are rarely in there so it doesn't get very dirty. If I don't get to it tonight I'll catch it next week. Also washed a couple loads of laundry...darks. Decided to experiment with the vinegar (just to add a little excitement to my day) I added three cups of white vinegar to both dark loads. Didn't soak, just washed as usual. I've added one cup before as a booster but couldn't tell any difference, but never three. I pre-treated things with stains as usual with Shout, but missed one top and the stains were still there afterwards. However everything else came out very clean and I'm not sure but I think the colors looked better. Often my tops come out still stained even when I used Shout. Gonna have to start buying my vinegar at Costco I think..

Today was a great day for my bs!! Except for the early morning one, all my bs have been good or great!! Very pleased!

My eating today:
breakfast
bagel - carb
cream cheese - fat
bacon - protein

lunch
PB mocha frappe - portein, fat and carb (ETA: don't usually drink this for lunch but was craving it and my bs was good)
baby carrots

afternoon snack
bacon - 1 sl - protein
bread - 1 sl - carb
1 oz cheese - fat

dinner
Asian stew - beef, onions, garlic, Asian radish (also carrots but I don't like cooked carrots so didn't eat) and tomato sauce. - protein (veggies free)
rice - 1/2 cup - carb
pecans - 1 T - fat

Calories - 1288 (estimated as I didn't figure the stew, just used a similiar recipe's nutrition)
Carbs -151
Fiber - 13
sodium - 1927 (approx)

Lucinda - say NO to those cigarettes! Sorry for the resurrection of the old craving. Temptation can be SO sneaky...I get them to sweets and sometimes other foods (always carbs!) in the evenings esp and my mind will try it's best to rationalize why "just this once" it is ok to give in. Will it ever go away I wonder? Sure glad I never smoked because I'd probably be dealing with that too!

ETA: Today in the mail I got a nice size tube of a deep cleansing skin masque from Meaningful Beauty*Cindy Crawford. Maybe a win but not sure. Too large for a sample though and the enclosed paper said "congrats!" I rarely enter sweeps any more but of course I do now and then, it's another addiction and hard to break.

Last edited by maryea; 03-10-2014 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 10:42 PM   #112  

For iPhone users...Karen31, did you know this stuff? I didn't!

http://www.king5.com/news/editors-pi...248370401.html
Old 03-10-2014, 11:07 PM   #113  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Mary-- I knew some of them but not all... I've used the burst before but don't like it. I've never had to block anyone on this phone but s=wish my old flip phone would have let me---- got all kinds of texts with "photos" on it.... Finally took my phone to the police dept. and they called the number back, never did get another text from that number!!! LOL
Old 03-11-2014, 01:04 AM   #114  

Oh gosh Karen31, that's terrible! I've not had any reason to block anyone on my cell phone. Used to get a lot of telemarketers on our old landline though...that is one of the reasons we went to only cells.

Have you guys tried the Spark Recipes site? I've used recipes on the site now and then but never this recipe site. http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...?recipe=376900
Lots of good recipes. A few I'd have to modify due to my bs but many are ok as is.

And that led me to this. I think it's way cool and am going to try and work it into my gym routine.
http://www.prevention.com/sites/defa...tOff_final.pdf
Old 03-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #115  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
I think it's way cool and am going to try and work it into my gym routine.
http://www.prevention.com/sites/defa...tOff_final.pdf
#5 really works, intense intervals are where it's at! Ask the Physical Rehab Assistant and Fitness Trainer .
Liana
Old 03-11-2014, 07:18 AM   #116  

Height: 5'7"

Been a very busy past few days. My daughter was here over the weekend with the new baby. I loved every second of it !!
Took the kids I keep for a walk yesterday and saw how out of shape I am.
Food has been great but scales are not moving.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #117  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...we've had Red Robins reported yesterday....a sure sign of spring. I have to report for jury duty today, the last two times they settled out of court. Much to do before I go, everyone have a skinny day.

Quote:
Cauliflower Fritters
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 8 • Size: 2 fritters • Old Points: 2 • Weight Watcher Points+: 3 pt
Calories: 139 • Fat: 6 g • Carb: 14 g • Fiber: 4 g • Protein: 7 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 269 mg • Cholest: 61 mg
Ingredients:

6 cups roughly chopped raw cauliflower (from 2 small heads)
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup white whole wheat flour
2 extra large eggs, beaten
1/2 cup plus 2 tbsp grated Pecorino Romano
1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
1/3 cup hot water
3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper
4 teaspoons olive oil

Directions:
Steam the cauliflower in 2 1/2 cups water over medium heat until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Drain and quickly rinse under cold water to stop it from cooking. Chop the cauliflower into smaller pieces with a knife once steamed and measure to make 5 cups. Set aside the rest for another use.

In a large bowl, combine the steamed cauliflower, flour, garlic, eggs, grated cheese, parsley, 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt and pepper. Add water so that batter becomes slightly more dense than pancake batter.
Heat a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium-low heat, add 1 teaspoon of oil coating bottom of the pan. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to form fritters. You can fit 4 fritters at a time, flattening them slightly with the back of the measuring cup. Cook until golden brown, about 2 1/2 to 3 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining oil and batter 3 more times.

Adapted from Julia's Healthy Italian
Old 03-11-2014, 09:23 AM   #118  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Morning....Just a quicky note...Yesterday The therapist came to the house and instead of ramping up my exercises toned them down 6 instead of 15 reps. Eliminated several and said I was close to over trained. That I should relax and let the bones heal. Here I was expected more not less. Walked outside 1/2 a block. Should complete this level in 2 weeks. That ADL are actually levels of PT. My biggest concern was if I stopped stretching my tendons would shrink back down.....WRONG! So I'm good. Grocery shopping today. Doing a happy dance in my chair BBL k3
Old 03-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #119  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning goldens.
I've been Mia for a couple weeks. Just busy and overwhelmed.
We went to my cousins weekend before last and made 100lbs of sausage, 20 lbs of Tasso, and 60 lbs of boudin. We were very tired but had fun. Last weekend dh and I went to the camp Friday night and got up Saturday and closed down the camp for the summer and brought some stuff to the summer camp. Oldest son needed our help with a hurricane fence so we went to his house for awhile. Youngest son called us to supper Sunday afternoon. That lil son is an awesome cook. He cooked beef toast. He must have called me 5 different times for instructions because that was his first time cooking roast. He did an awesome job.
This new time is killing me. Guess it will take me a week to adjust.
Yesterday I started exercising again. I'm having trouble with my knee so I got on the floor and did leg exercises and went for a walk outside instead of jumping on trampoline.
This weekend we are making 80 lbs of sausage and 20 lbs of Tasso for us and 40 lbs of sausage for my youngest brother and I think he wants Tasso too. Going to be busy smoking that both Saturday and Sunday.
March 24 is our 30 th wedding anniversary. I booked a cabin at a flower garden state park. It's called hodge gardens. There is a big lake for fishing and a 5 mile loop road thru the gardens. Walking trails. We went there about 25 years ago but they have added on since then. So that's where we will spend a quiet getaway just the 2 of us. About 25 years ago dh took off his wedding band due to his job. It was dangerous to wear it. He almost ripped off his finger. His job now is consultant work so I requested as an anniversary present from him to me would be for him to wear his band again and he said he would. Yesterday he had to bring it in to have it resized. I'm very excited about that. It's something very special to me.
I'm way behind on personels so I'll just start over. Welcome all new ladies. Karen3 glad you're ok.

BBL
Hugs
Cajun.
Old 03-11-2014, 10:52 PM   #120  

We had the best dinner tonight! So simple and fast! I've made it before but not this way. I rubbed salmon on both sides with curry, fresh ginger and black pepper. Then I heated some olive oil and sauteed garlic then cooked the salmon in it on an indoor, stovetop grill. I've had this grill for years but this is the first time I've used it. Sure glad I tried it. It uses water in a drip ring around the pan and the "grill" part fits on top. when the salmon was done (fast!) I removed it and sauteed some green peppers and onions to put on top. I also served some sliced cucumbers with it to cool things down (and I had a part cuke left and didn't want to waste it. I always feel so blessed when things work out like that. Served it with rice. Would have been even yummier with fried rice but I didn't want to bother as I was tired and so happy it was a fast meal.

Went to the gym this morning and I got a good workout. Then after a rest I did my weekly cleaning on my halls. Got my days mixed up...LOL...today was supposed to be my office day :O :rolleyes LOL Hope you know I'm being silly! So did a little of both...I planned menus and grocery list for tomorrow but didn't clean the office. I've got three candles going in the hall now...and it looks so nice and smells good!

Also went to Lowes as dh needed to pick up some garden stuff and I wanted to look for a carpet cleaner. Of course we both said we will not buy one today, We are just looking. Well I am now the proud owner of a Bissell Carpet cleaner. Sure hope I like it...heck I hope I can even push the thing around when it's filled with water!! It's the Lift Away model which should be handy when cleaning upholstery etc. Will see. The sign said it was on sale, got to cashier and was told the sale was over yesterday but because they hadn't removed the signeage we got it at sale price! Plus dh's 10% for being military!

By the time I got home my legs were burning and my back ached. I'm not very good at shopping..it wears me out. Needed a pick me up at the store and grabbed a bag of Reeses Pieces...haven't eaten those since the kids were home and they were never a favorite...but they sure tasted good. I shared a few with dh. Grabbed 3 pecan halves when I got home to be sure I had the 1-1-1-1 thing right..not sure I needed it though. So I actually had THREE snacks today..so off plan there. My bs had been good except for the early am one but before dinner it was still high from this candy, so I really should have resisted the temptation.

My weight fell back down to my sig weight, so hope it stays now...I'm sick of the yo-yo.

Today's eating:
Kashi GoLean Crisp cereal - carb
milk - protein
pecans - 1 T - fat

lunch
PB mocha frappe - protein, carb and fat
fiber supplement

PM Snack
Apple - 1/2 - carb
PB - 1 T - fat
Cheese - 1/2 oz - protein

2nd Snack
Candy (probably 90% of it...dh had a little) - protein and carb
Pecans - 1/2 T - fat

Dinner
salmon - protein
olive oil - fat
veggies - free
rice - 1/2 cup - carb
fiber supplement

Calories - 1394
Carbs - 135
Fat - 74H
Fiber - 25

Cajun - Isn't it great when our kids can cook! Our older son (who moved back near us last year) is a great cook! He's the one who prepared most of my birthday dinner and he has been known to come over and cook for us at other times too. Such a blessing! Both my dds are good cooks too. Your anniversary plans sound wonderful and what a nice gift your dh is giving you too by wearing his ring again!

Karen3 - Glad you are doing so well!

Bobbi - We had big fat robins in our front yard about a month ago, while there was still snow. Some other people had them too and it was on the news. This was a very different winter in many ways.

Last edited by maryea; 03-11-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Closed Thread