3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~March Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 06:42 AM   #91

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good Good Morning you all.....This is my final post from Rehab. Discharge some time this am! Doing that sit down happy dance. Not bad 19 days since surgery. Have 3 important things to do as soon as I get home. Hot pounding shower, cuppa real coffee, and pet Dash. All packed but this pc. Have to back track and read up on everybody....BBL k3
Old 03-08-2014, 08:15 AM   #92
Bobbi

S/C/G: 160/129/124

We're doing the Happy Dance for you K3.

Mary...great tips about vinegar. I've been putting straight white vinegar in the rinse cycle for years instead of fabric softener. It strips out any left over soap in the fabric and the smell disappears after clothes are dry. Plus it's a lot cheaper than fabric softner.

Busy week-end for us, you all have a skinny one.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:09 AM   #93

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Good Good Morning you all.....This is my final post from Rehab. Discharge some time this am! Doing that sit down happy dance. Not bad 19 days since surgery. Have 3 important things to do as soon as I get home. Hot pounding shower, cuppa real coffee, and pet Dash. All packed but this pc. Have to back track and read up on everybody....BBL k3
CONGRATULATIONS!!!

DoInG tHe HaPpY dAnCe FoR yOu!

Lynn
Old 03-08-2014, 09:13 AM   #94

Hi Mary,

I am off to the bookstore. Need to look at the 1-1-1 book to decide if I should get Nook version or if I need the hard copy.

Just did this (not even correctly) 1 day & lost a pound! Also, seems to be consistent with what I need to do for High BP & diabetes.

Thank you Mary. I think I will do the same as you - post my daily menus.

Question - are you posting what you will eat on the day you post or what you ate the day before?

Lynn
Old 03-08-2014, 11:45 AM   #95
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Mary - after you soak the clothes, do you then empty the water or do you add your soap to the vinegar water to wash? I couldn't find the answer on any of the white vinegar sites. I happen to have a lot of white vinegar, and I like the idea of not using harsh bleach.

KarenFL - Oh, that hot shower is going to feel SO good! And just think of sleeping in your own bed tonight... pure heaven!! I'm so glad you're doing so well!

Pretty today, but cold. We had snow yesterday afternoon and evening, but it'll be gone in a jiff. I'm ready for some warm (NOT HOT)...

10 days off! I am so ready! I was snapping at people by 4 p.m., so it's probably time I get a break! I don't have anything exciting planned... my taxes, my sister's final taxes, maybe some socializing, definitely some domestic drudgery... and a lot of Samson cuddling, reading, and crocheting, and NAPPING. I don't know if I'll have time to do all of that!

Have a lovely weekend, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1 : 03-08-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-08-2014, 12:32 PM   #96

Hi Everyone,

I bought the hardcopy version of the 1-1-1 diet book. Going to start with the regular version (accelerated version is much more restrictive) and see how it goes. If I do not lose, I will switch to the accelerated version.

Going to try to stick to this throughout Lent.

Lynn
Old 03-08-2014, 02:01 PM   #97
Struggling Dieter

Maryea, I have two questions. When you soaked the clothes in the white vinegar, was it straight vinegar or was it mixed with water?

Also, on the 1-1-1 plan, I eat this bread that the slices are very small and thin, and only 35 calories each. Do you think 2 slices would be a serving, or is it 1 slice no matter what bread you use?

Thank you!

Old 03-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #98
I need to do this for me!

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Height: 5'3"

[quote=ladyinweighting;4959082]Hi Mary,

I am off to the bookstore. Need to look at the 1-1-1 book to decide if I should get Nook version or if I need the hard copy.

I had the 1-1-1 on my Nook, but when you get to the Chapter with the food selection and serving sizes there was no way to print it....so I ordered the hard copy and also got one for my son. Then I typed the food choices and portion sizes and keep them with me just as a reference.
"Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. (Romans 14:20a-NAB)
Old 03-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #99
I need to do this for me!

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Happy Saturday!

Hello ladies! Working today (and every Saturday) a little slow but I programmed new merchandise and did the notorious paperwork plus it's payroll so did that too. As far as weigh in- no gain but no loss but I am not following the diet perfectly either so that could be the cause and have not been drinking my water either so that could be another cause. I have not cheated or anything but I just really need to eat like I should. Yesterday my husband's blood sugar dropped to 52! Scared me! He went too long without eating-which in retail is VERY common. Hope you all have a blessed day!!
"Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. (Romans 14:20a-NAB)
Old 03-08-2014, 03:00 PM   #100

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

KarenFL--- So happy for you!! Was George or Dash happier to see you?? I can just see Dash dancing all around being so happy to have Mom home. Glad you are doing so great!!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 03-08-2014, 03:14 PM   #101

Posted so often yesterday...and here I am again. We are going to meet our dd for lunch today and I'm ready too early. Wearing one of my new tops. She's always so stylish so I like to look nice for her. We are going to BJs. I know there is a salad I like there so may get it, but if I do it will be only because I like it not because I feel I have to eat salad!

I lost .4# this week. Not nearly as much as I would have liked but that's ok...at least it's headed in the right direction. Actually today my weight was up from yesterday. So I STILL am not at m sig weight officially! But I know it's coming, it's coming...

Lynn - Congrats on the pound loss! Did you see my comments on your menus you posted? Also did you see the post where I gave you the rules on the Accelerated 1-1-1 program?

bobbi - Did you see my post on the accelerated 1-1-1 program? thought that might be better for you and Lynn, but up to you. I have used vinegar like you mentioned too, but now I just make my fabric softener and spray on the clothes in the dryer. I don't like a lot of softener and this is usually just right for me. I do like the idea of the vinegar getting any leftover soap out though as I have found soap remaining on things a few times and had to rinse again.

Tam - My dh does that sometimes...goes too long without eating. He used to think it was good to get low, was proud of it LOL Took me a while to get through his head that it was stable you want not too high nor too low.

Wannabe - Straight vinegar. I usually eat the 45-50 cal type breads due to my diabetes and it's small too, but on this plan I don't have to and it counts the same. I actually like my little slices though most of time.

Lynn - Just now saw your other post. I'm glad you bought the hard copy because I agree with Tam the Nook version is not as convenient for this type of book. Good luck! It's really quite a flexible eating plan. I dip back and forth a bit between the regular and accelerated. Like last night my mac and cheese I counted as all three. I'm not sure what the author would say but to me even though by the plan cheese it is a protein, it's also a fat (see nutrition label and it's a fat for diabetics), and I also feel that is a very fat dish. Sometimes you just have to use your own judgement. She says this too esp with eating out.

I have to learn that those huge bagels at Winco are almost 4 carb servings! I ate another today...ok on 1-1-1 but not so good on my bs. So I tried having a ounce of cheese for my protein (instead of milk which is also a carb), but I couldn't eat it all. So that's another example....you don't have to eat the whole allowed portion if you don't want it. I just felt too full and that's rare for me. This plan is simple but it is just complicated by having diabetes!

Karen3 - Praise God, I am so happy for you! Continue to take good care of yourself until you are completely healed.

Jess - I just let the washer fill up to normal, put soap in and washed as usual. the vinegar won't hurt anything and actually is a good "booster." With the few t-shirts, dh soaked, he threw out the vinegar water and then I put the shirts in with a load of whites and washed as usual.

Well we are about to leave now...you all have a good day.

Last edited by maryea : 03-08-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #102

It was a nice day. Lovely lunch with dd and gc. Then a bit of shopping at Home Depot and Target. Kinda gloomy and raining out even though dh said the forecast was sunshine.

My eating for today
Onion bagel - carb (too many carb serv for my bs...I need to cut these in 1/2...they smell so good I eat them before I think!)
Cream cheese - 1 T - fat
Cheddar cheese - about 1/3 oz. protein

lunch (out but I stayed OP)
fish taco - protein, carb and fat
It had veggies in it
maybe I could have had another fat? I don't know but I counted the sauce as fat. There were two on the platter but I only ate one and felt full enough. In the past I would have eaten both anyway but I enjoyed the children and conversation and told myself I could eat the other one tonight.

Dinner
fish taco (leftovers)
large salad - free
fiber supplement

Calories 884 (if I get REALLY hungry I might allow myself a little snack this evening IF my bs allows but I'm very full right now)
Carbs 128
Fat 22
Fiber 15
Sodium 1488

Last edited by maryea : 03-08-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:05 PM   #103
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/110/118

Welcome back from rehab K3! How was the hot pounding shower?
I did all 5 days of 4 minute exercises from familycircle website. They were so difficult that I had to modify them all. Today I walked 5 miles to and home from synagogue. My dh brought my high heeled boots to synagogue ahead of time for me so I put them on after taking off my walking boots. One very stylish lady noticed my new and improved footwear!
I spoke to my sister today. She and I are in sync! She talks about OA and how it has been very supportive and it has helped her.

Remember to spring ahead golden girls!
Old 03-09-2014, 11:21 AM   #104

Yesterday's food -

Egg, SB Margarine, English Muffin

Ricotta Cheese, choc chips

Ricotta cheese, blueberries, English Muffin

Orange, AkMak crackers, cheesestick

Pasta, tomato sauce, cheese

3 zucchini chip muffins (recipe says 12 servings - I got 36 muffins)

Lynn
Old 03-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #105

Hi Everyone,

Working on my income tax & trying to figure out the 1-1-1 diet.

Did 75 min at the gym this morning. Working on upping my speed on the treadmill. Today was 2.8 - 3.1. My goal is to get to 3.5.

Tomorrow is my book club meeting. It has been postponed 3 times because of the snow. Hope we all remember the book - Lowland.

Just finished Anna Quindlen's new book - Still Life with Bread Crumbs - VERY good.

Have a great Sunday!

Lynn
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.