Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2014, 04:50 PM   #61  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Welcome Rose, fill us in on your eating program and what works for you.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:09 PM   #62  

Height: 5'3"

Lynn and any others who are interested in the 1-1-1 plan.
http://www.tri-valleytv.org/streamin...ation-vod.html
Old 03-04-2014, 05:42 PM   #63  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Hey Jillybean! THat's my daughter's nickname. I am 54 but I sometimes forget that I am no longer a twenty-something year old, but then I catch my reflection in a mirror and its is quite jarring. I wear my hair long and unstyled and I fear cutting it and committing myself to adulthood. I am so thankful for this forum b/c the women are thoughtful and supportive and we are all in our 50's so we all get it.
Old 03-04-2014, 05:53 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 242/240/150

Height: 5'5

I don't qualify for this golden girl group as I'm only 42 but loved the GG show and wanted to chime in. On FB quiz I'm part Dorothy and part Sophia. No surprise there. On the brainfall one I was Stan?... What the heck. But
When I read the description it was spot on.....
You are Stan. You are a little introverted and do not crave attention. You tend to keep just a handful of close friends and cringe when you have to go to big gatherings. You like the free things in life- like a beautiful sunset and the laugh of a child. You are super sensitive and this means your feelings can get hurt a little easier than most. Your friends love and respect you.

Anyway, I feel terrible that I have been complaining about the terrible rain all weekend when I am reading that u guys r in the teens up north. I live in SoCal and I have a tshirt on with the window open. I think it is 65 today. Cool for us. I'm sorry I'm such a whimp. But we have all the stressed out idiots that r rude and inconsiderate and impatient and Inattentive on the road and would rather run u over than let u in front of them. Or would hunt u down for a parking spot. Sorry I lived in AZ for 5 years and miss that slower pace. Wish there was somewhere that had good weather and nice folks like all of u.
Just starting this weight loss thing and only 2 days in on Wendy chant program. First week is low carb. Ugh. I think tomorrow will be better. Anyway kids want me to quit diet coke too which is probably the worst part. Wish me luck
Old 03-04-2014, 07:11 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

Lucinda....I love that you got high heel boots. What a great reward. I really think you need to take a picture and post. I had a busy day at work, stayed on track all day with eating. Busy day, did not take time to get up and leave for lunch, but ate at my desk. I think I need to take time to get up from work and take a walk. I think it would increase my energy for the remainder of the day. I will be facing challenges tomorrow. It is off to Central Florida Fair. My daughter is showing her sheep. Fairs can be tricky....Lots of good smells from the vendors....but I am trying to plan ahead and packing a cooler....no Funnel Cakes, LOL. I will update when I return on Friday. Wish me luck. Hope everyone has a great week.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:20 PM   #66  

We went to the gym but my GERD was acting up and I didn't feel well, so I only walked 20 min (almost a mile), and did 17 min on the stationery bike, so I'd at least get my cardio. I was very tired so laid down for a couple hours, didn't sleep, but rested. Felt better after lunch so then started my housework. All done now except I still have one load of laundry to wash and one to dry.

Dh got started on chopping the wood from the trees. So much to do! He has to use a dolly to move the big pieces and hopes to get help from our son on some weekend soon. So no rush but it's a big job. He has a wood chopper but will need probably need to rent another one for the very large pieces.

I messed up a little on my eating plan tonight. We shared take out orange chicken and spring rolls. I ate both and that's two carbs per 1-1-1. Also this morning I had a mocha (my comfort food when I don't feel well) when my bs really wasn't low enough.

My carbs were perfect today, but fat was high and I got 20 gms fiber. My calories were higher than I should have now but not terrible. I have decided not fixate on them since they are usually ok when I eat my own cooking. But eating restaurant food can be depressing and I need to be more careful about what i eat of restaurant foods.

Dh is calling me, so no time for personals today.

Last edited by maryea; 03-04-2014 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 11:45 AM   #67  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Lynn and any others who are interested in the 1-1-1 plan.
http://www.tri-valleytv.org/streamin...ation-vod.html
Thank you, Mary,

I am looking for something different that will work to lose this 5 pounds that are sticking to my belly.

I will check out this website - maybe this is my answer.

Lynn
Old 03-05-2014, 11:49 AM   #68  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
I am 54 but I sometimes forget that I am no longer a twenty-something year old, but then I catch my reflection in a mirror and its is quite jarring.
Hi Lucinda,

One of my favorite paintings (unfortunately do not know the name of the painting or the artist) is of the back of an older woman looking in the mirror. The image in the mirror is a young girl.

I think we all have an "image" of ourselves as MUCH younger than we are.

Lynn
Old 03-05-2014, 12:18 PM   #69  
kosherveganchick

thanks for the reply ladyinweighing!
Maryea, the 4 minute exercises from familycircle's website are really hard! The people demonstrating the moves make it look so simple but then I try it and well, good thing no one's
s video-ing me!
I have tried 3 times to post photos of my cool new platform boots but I can not seem to get the photo 's file to comunicate with this forum. Oh welll.
Today I am feeling as if I might sabotage myself and it is a scary place to be hovering. I have been so successful last month but now my body is telling me it feels lumpy and bloated just like before I lost weight. What is up with that?
Old 03-05-2014, 06:42 PM   #70  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Sorry ladies, been busy. Had Sunday, Monday and Tuesday off (Mardi Gras) we spent the time getting paper work done and gathering the papers for the bookkeeper for taxes-3 businesses plus personal-a monumental task to say the least!! We went to Church Sunday and did not get back out the house until this morning to come to work. Hope you all have a blessed evening!
Old 03-05-2014, 08:36 PM   #71  

Its a beautiful sunny day here. soon I will be able to sit on the deck Dh has been moving stuff out of the soon to be craft room. right now he and a friend have moved the bed into another bedroom and putting it back together. I feel some what guilty that I cant help. being handicapped sucks some times. theres boxes and totes piled in the living room. I knew I had a lot of craft stuff but seeing it all in a pile is awesome ,I could open a store . Lynn,i just saw a video on facebook of paintings of women by famous artists,they kinda changed and melded into each other. I really liked it. if you access me on facebook on my page you can see it. it reminded me of you mentioning your favorite painting. I admire those that are exercising,even tho im handicapped there are things I can do I just don't Hoping your evenings great, 2 of my favortite shows are on tonite at the same time. survivor and American idol. survivor is repeated and the tvn on sat nites so you know what im watching. ttfn rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
chix ranch pizza
iced tea

dinner
baked chix
brocollii rice
green salad

snack
1 c sf fat free cherry vanilla ice cream

Last edited by akrosey49; 03-06-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:37 PM   #72  

Hi everyone! We went to the gym this morning. I got bored walking so only did 1/2+ mile instead of full mile (15 min), but I did jog the shorter ends most of the laps. Then I followed that with 20 min on the bike. I did 6 min on the hand bike but no other machines. Was very tired most of the day but I perked up by late afternoon. Dinner was almond chicken and rice. I goofed up and after dinner I thought I didn't have a carb...forgot all about the rice! So I ate a tangerine! Silly me...probably some sort of Freudian slip because I've been hungry for fruit. Also I had a mocha for an afternoon snack....first I again had it before my bs was down enough, plus I realized later that because I used almond milk, I didn't get a protein and I'm supposed to have a protein every time I eat. Which might be partly why my bs shot up and was still high at dinner time! This is a simple diet plan but you do have to think and sometimes my mind just shuts off I guess. At least my calories, carbs were fine for the day and my fiber was 28. So not bad. I was pleased last night that I was hardly tempted to eat or not...the evening passed without my even seriously thinking about snacking.

I was going to get my nails done today but didn't get there. I didn't get much done except buy groceries and I'm STILL working on yesterday's laundry. Hope to do a few more things tonight. I have an appt tomorrow to get my nails done. Thinking about getting my hair cut. Since I've been washing it every day with the medicated shampoos and using conditioner, my hair has gotten SO soft and limp I can't do anything with it. The bangs just hang and look terrible. I can't even use styling products per dr's order, so I'm a mess.
Dh said he now thinks he likes it better short...well I agree with the way it looks now. Just when I am starting to get used to having long hair. I think I'll cut back a little on the conditioner...but afraid to cut it out entirely because medicated shampoos have made my hair very dry in the past and I think the conditioner is what has prevented that this time. I'll also try using a few rollers in the top and maybe the sides. Ugh I hate messing with my hair! Guess this is why I've mostly worn it short, but I get sick of short too. Whine, whine, whine..

Rosey - Thanks for reminding me about Survivor!! It will be nice for you to have a craft room with all that you do that way.

Tam - You are so busy! I can't even imagine doing all you do with three businesses!

Lucinda - I'm sure the exercises are for younger people. I'm sure I would have to modify them somewhat. I still haven't gotten to them, but I like the idea of just doing 4 min. Hope you feel better soon. Oh Lucinda on the looking older than we think thing...I am 71 and several years ago (I was probably in my early or mid 60s at the time), I was walking down the hall and saw my shadow...my first thought is what is that old lady doing in here?!! It happens to the best of us.

Lynn - I hope 1-1-1 works well for you. My only concern esp for you is that you in the past have always had to keep to very few calories in order to lose. But you can do like I do and continue to count your calories if you want to be careful, or keeping to 1-1-1 at all meals might be enough. I have gone high a couple days when eating restaurant food but usually my calories are in appropriate range. Since Ive been on it such a short time, I'm still scared about not losing, but will soon find out. Today I asked the author about this so hope I'll hear back and perhaps gain added insight.

Last edited by maryea; 03-05-2014 at 09:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:05 PM   #73  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Feeling stupid ~ I was bad today ~ off and on ~ ate some good things and some not so good. Knew I was doing wrong and did it anyway.

I haven't been good about the exercise either. I've got to quit fooling around and try harder to do the right things.

If I could make myself get right to that exercise first thing in the morning, but I get to puttering around doing stuff and I am on a roll with that ~ feeling pleased to be accomplishing things, and I hate to quit to do the exercise. Why oh why don't I like it better. It does not come natural to me. It is a thing I have to force myself to do.
Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM   #74  
kosherveganchick

Oh dear sweet Glynne! Eating foods that I was supposed to avoid also make me think of myself as 'bad'. But we are not bad. Eating is not a character or moral failing.
You are good. You are a good moral honest kind person,( I am going out on a limb here, and taking it for granted that you are indeed not a convicted felon)
Although I felt lumpy and bloated yeasterday and yes the scale crept up a pound and a half! I won't yield to the negative Nelly within teling me unkind thinkgs about myself.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:38 AM   #75  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning girls

Mary...I watched the video about 1-1-1 and still puzzled about what you eat. Can you post a normal day's menu. Like what protein you eat for each meal, what fat and what carb? And how much in cups, ounces, grams, etc.

I'd like to take some belly fat off, I was 127.8 today. That's starting to climb again and if I don't get right on it....it keeping climbing.

Glynne...Don't feel like the Lone Ranger about exercising. I've complained for years on this site of how I hate exercising. These people that get a high doing exercises really baffle me. WHY? We have a free membership to the YMCA which is 4 minutes WALKING to get there. I told my DH that I enjoy the walking over and get my HIGH walking back home after the boring exercises are over. The only reason I can get 1/2 hour in is because I bring my Kindle over and read the whole time. If we don't go 1st thing in the morning, we don't go. DH actually likes going over there, weird! So stick to doing it right away.

Quote:
If I could make myself get right to that exercise first thing in the morning, but I get to puttering around doing stuff and I am on a roll with that ~ feeling pleased to be accomplishing things, and I hate to quit to do the exercise. Why oh why don't I like it better. It does not come natural to me. It is a thing I have to force myself to do.
Closed Thread