Closed Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 08:57 AM   #46  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

K3...so nice to see your pretty face, how's it going? Pain level?

No time to gab....Glynne...google "Batting Buddy Templates", look for the Quilters Corner with an oval logo with Ithaca and New York in the logo. They have instructions for using the Batting Buddy. You can always make your own if you don't want to spend the money on the Batting Buddy. Go to a $Dollar store and buy a heavy plastic place mat, that would work. I purchased the batting buddy, worth every cent. It was only around $20.00.

Ta Ta
Quote:
Want to Make a Fabulous, Quick Quilt? Use the Batting Buddy Templates to Quilt As You Go

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-03-2014 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:02 AM   #47  
Bobbi

I just checked Amazon and they are sold out. I can give you the measurements if you want to make your own template. Or maybe you can find the Batting Buddy elsewhere. Maybe your fabric store carries them, JoAnn's Fabric?
Old 03-03-2014, 12:05 PM   #48  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Gayle - you're always so good about personals. Have I told you lately that you're appreciated??

Nothing to report. 44 here already, and we're looking at SPRING temps this week. Yay! I'm tired of the bitter cold.

I'll do better later with personals. Off the the post office!
Old 03-03-2014, 12:55 PM   #49  

Height: 5'3"

Morning everyone! it's an overcast day here and dripping but not too bad. We have men here to cut down a big tree, part of another tree, and to lop off some branches of a couple others. So once again we are not getting to the gym...I could go by myself of course, but I'm lazy.

I got too many calories yesterday with eating out and having a hamburger again last night. I also had a child-size cone while shopping. I forgot to break off 1/2 the cone like I did last time, but otherwise I still stuck to the 1-1-1 rules even though I didn't make all my personal goals.

Yesterday's stats:
Cals 1894 H
Carbs 145
Fat 101 H !!
Fiber 36

Karen3 - Glad you are popping in to say hello. Is it getting any easier?

Glynne - Glad you got some rest.

Lynn - 1-1-1 is a plan where you eat 1 protein, 1 carb and 1 fat each meal and snack. You cannot eat in the evenings. It's 3 meals + 2 snacks but so far I don't often get snacks because of my bs. They are getting better though. You don't have to count anything else even though I do because I'm curious and also because of being diabetic. You can eat as much as you want up to the one serving at a meal. In some ways I'm actually eating more because I was only eating 1/3 c of rice at dinner and now I'm eating 1 cup!! That fills me up for the long evening without anything to eat. The book tells you how much is allowed as a serving. You get to choose what you want to spend that 1-1-1 on...healthy food or not so healthy. Like with a lot (most!) of desserts, that's your 1-1-1 right there. But you don't have to give up anything...you don't have to eat "diet" food unless you really like it, you can eat anything you want, just use common sense if it's a huge plate. Today was my first time to have high calorie. We ate at Olive Garden and I usually eat soup/salad, but this time I ordered the lasagna for my 1-1-1 and only ate 1/2 but it is so high in calories. But that is not a usual meal for me. The only other rule is that with snacks ..the protein and grains must 1/2 the usual serving for a meal, carb and fat stays the same. The book explains it better but that's about it.

Last edited by maryea; 03-03-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:39 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Morning everyone! it's an overcast day here and dripping but not too bad. We have men here to cut down a big tree, part of another tree, and to lop off some branches of a couple others. So once again we are not getting to the gym...I could go by myself of course, but I'm lazy.

I got too many calories yesterday with eating out and having a hamburger again last night. I also had a child-size cone while shopping. I forgot to break off 1/2 the cone like I did last time, but otherwise I still stuck to the 1-1-1 rules even though I didn't make all my personal goals.

Yesterday's stats:
Cals 1894 H
Carbs 145
Fat 101 H !!
Fiber 36

Karen3 - Glad you are popping in to say hello. Is it getting any easier?

Glynne - Glad you got some rest.

Lynn - 1-1-1 is a plan where you eat 1 protein, 1 carb and 1 fat each meal and snack. You cannot eat in the evenings. It's 3 meals + 2 snacks but so far I don't often get snacks because of my bs. They are getting better though. You don't have to count anything else even though I do because I'm curious and also because of being diabetic. You can eat as much as you want up to the one serving at a meal. In some ways I'm actually eating more because I was only eating 1/3 c of rice at dinner and now I'm eating 1 cup!! That fills me up for the long evening without anything to eat. The book tells you how much is allowed as a serving. You get to choose what you want to spend that 1-1-1 on...healthy food or not so healthy. Like with a lot (most!) of desserts, that's your 1-1-1 right there. But you don't have to give up anything...you don't have to eat "diet" food unless you really like it, you can eat anything you want, just use common sense if it's a huge plate. Today was my first time to have high calorie. We ate at Olive Garden and I usually eat soup/salad, but this time I ordered the lasagna for my 1-1-1 and only ate 1/2 but it is so high in calories. But that is not a usual meal for me. The only other rule is that with snacks ..the protein and grains must 1/2 the usual serving for a meal, carb and fat stays the same. The book explains it better but that's about it.
Thank you. I just need to lose about 5 lbs to be at my "happy" weight (higher than my cardiologist wants, but feels good to me). Of course, I am finding it REALLY hard to lose these last few pounds.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #51  

Lynn - I've only been on this plan about 10 days now, but so far it's helping me. I'm sleeping better, I'm getting better bs, and have lost a few pounds. Plus it's a plan that makes sense to me. I am so done with dieting! I hope this works for me because I like that I can eat what I want as long as I follow the few rules. That's what I needed...good food with boundaries. I long for control and so far this gives it to me. Food selection is important and I'm sure when I eat out I'll get higher calories but that's not daily and even there I use my own judgement...I don't have to restrict myself to salad as long as I keep to the 1-1-1 idea. Except for yesterday I have done ok even when eating out. It is very easy. It has always been my opinion that no food should be off limits, but everything should be eaten in moderation and joy. Moderation has always been my problem.

ETA: Even though I got higher calories than I wanted at the restaurant, I only ate 1/2 of what was on the plate. I ate lots of salad (free) and no breadsticks or even the tiny mint because the Lasagna was my carb, protein and fat. And I was plenty full when I left. I think most of us can look at a plate and know whether it's really too much to be healthy or not. This eating plan puts eating back in our own control.

Last edited by maryea; 03-03-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:21 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

I was glad I was not the only one who dreads clothes shopping. Thanks for the online suggestion Lucinda. I have daughters so I always seem to end up in the stores. LOL. Thanks for the welcome Glynne No weight loss this morning. I did make a mistake at lunch. I went out.....and I ate a sub....so I went on the eliptical tonight. Made it to 7 minutes and only had a fiber bar for dinner. Hopefully it won't show on the scale tomorrow. Glad to see everyone up north is staying warm. I heard another round of snow was coming. Hopefully this will be your last.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:20 PM   #53  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Oh boy. What a crazy busy day. In the morning I did my volunteer work leading a class in breastfeeding support. In the afternoon some paper wok for my job and I found time to fit in the exercises from Maryea video-link. BTW, 4 minutes feel alot longer when trying to get my body to do something it has not done in ages!
My boots from Zappos arrived, they are platform high heels. I bought them as a reward for losing 19 pounds. My kids could not believe I bought a pair of high heel cowgirl boots but I did and I will be wearing them around town.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:29 PM   #54  
kosherveganchick

OOOH I also roasted a whole head of cauliflower and Lo and behold my family went nuts for it! The recipe was on the same website as the 4 minute exercise videos so thank you Maryea!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:19 PM   #55  

Hi everyone. nice day here and I have been really lazy,my house still looks spiffy from the bday party and enuff leftovers so I don't have to cook. my grdd wanted a turkey dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy,others wanted potatoe salad so I made that too,and pistachio pudding salad,relish/vegie tray,fruit tray,green salad,salmon dip and chips,deviled eggs,punch iced tea and coffee and my dd made Bavarian cream filled cream puffs with choc ganache topping,she had agreat time and her friends where amazed that this gramma had a swing in her living room and of course they all had to try it lol. steve made her a shadow box out of pine to hold her well loved baby quilt that I made for her 16 yrs ago. hard to believe she 16, my other grand kids are 21,17, and 14. next big project is the craft room. steve cleared out his bedrm, and painted the walls and floor to move all his stuff out of the tobe craft room. then we can gut it and start the building of L shaped tables with shelves,putting in 3 lg florescent lites and paint of course. can you tell im xcited my eating in spite of the party has been on track,they don't tell you that even tho ive had bypass surg im still hungry a lot and tho I cant eat a lot at one time I can graze so have to be careful. since my gain from thanksgiving of 7# ive lost that and 2 more for total of 9# id really like to get under 200 so that's my new goal. by the way I love to shop for new clothes cuz I can now buy things that fit in stores a novelty for me. befor I had a hard time finding things to fit so made my own clothes. I still love to sew too but more fun to shop .. hoping your day was a good one.. sry I was rambling rosey

breakfast
coffee
oatmeal

lunch
no sugar added fruit smoothie with protein powder and almond milk

dinner
green salad with cukes,tomatoe,blc olives, avocado and turkey
ranch dressing

snack
coffee mocha iced
ww pretzel twists

Last edited by akrosey49; 03-04-2014 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 02:54 AM   #56  

Since I'm about to go to bed and know I won't be eating anymore I thought I might as well post my eating stats. It's easier than having to go back in MFP and doing it tomorrow when there is other stuff I should be doing.

First, we spent our day at home as the tree guys came early and were here most of the day. They ended up not only taking down a very big tree but also a part of another tree. Dh and our son had planned to that do one but they offered to do it for only $25 so we agreed. They also trimmed a couple other trees. They are good workers and it is hard, dangerous work, so we try to always give them a good tip.

I got all my housework done so it was good to be home to do that.

Now about my eating. I did good ..three meals and one snack. Tonight I decided to have a small snack just to see how my bs would be in the morning. It might be that I need a little bit. If it is no better, I'll not do it again. I do think I sleep better when I don't eat in the evening. Perhaps because of my GERD although I'm not aware of that. I also ate the other 1/2 of the lasagna I had at the restaurant yesterday for lunch.

Today's stats:
Cals - 1288
Carbs - 130
Fat - 62 H
Fiber - 27
Sodium - 2192

Rosey - I bet your gd really loves her grandma! Gotta love those leftovers too!

Lucinda - Glad you liked the website with the exercises and cauliflower recipe. I planned to start doing the exercises but forgot today. Was a good time for it too as I got my housework done early and didn't even have to cook tonight as dh ate leftovers and I had a frozen entree. Wow, those boots sound pretty cool! A nice reward for you and you've earned it! I tried a pair on like that once but wasn't sure I could walk in them. I have only wore flats for about 16 years now.

3beachgirls - I hate shopping for clothes too. I try ordering online (in fact I did today) but often they don't fit and I end up sending them back. The ones I ordered today I can take back to a local store though. But I can get very depressed looking in those mirrors and not being able to find anything to fit around my middle! Sure hop that changes soon and I am very sick of my big belly!!

Last edited by maryea; 03-04-2014 at 02:56 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:40 AM   #57  
Bobbi

Good Morning girls....Donna....I say AMEN to Gayle's post too, she takes the time to do personals. I seems to always be busy, guess my priorities aren't in the right order. The Blackened chicken recipe was on my email this morning and looks to be low in fats. No need to put chicken on baking sheet, just leave it in the cast iron pan. You all have cast iron pans? I've been using the one my mom bought for me shortly after I married, it's 48 years old and the best pan I have.

Bruce was hungry for Reubens the other night. He purchased a corned beef roast and it was a tough old thing, so disappointed. But it made fantastic Reubens the next day. A(sliced thin and piled high). Reubens aren't calorie friendly and I put on two pounds of water retention the next day. It's gone this morning, thank you very much. Yesterday I made some potato soup with the left over corn beef and it was too die for. I was full after one bowl but did that stop me from having a second bowl? Does a bear poop in the woods?
On that note, gotta get busy.

Quote:
Blackened Chicken

Rated: 4.5 stars
Prep Time: 10 Minutes Ready In: 20 Minutes
Submitted By: Karena Cook Time: 10 Minutes Servings: 2
"Take the bait and try this spicy charred chicken--a Cajun favorite."
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
2 skinless, boneless chicken breast
halves
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet. Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat for 5 minutes until it is smoking hot.
2. Mix together the paprika, salt, cayenne, cumin, thyme, white pepper, and onion powder. Oil the chicken breasts with cooking spray on both sides, then coat the chicken breasts evenly with the spice mixture.
3. Place the chicken in the hot pan, and cook for 1 minute. Turn, and cook 1 minute on other side. Place the breasts on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 5 minutes.

Last edited by Bobbolink; 03-04-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #58  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Donna and Bobbi ~ thank you for your kind words about my personals posts. Bobbi ~ it is not that your priorities aren't in the right order. It is maybe mine that aren't. It probably shows that I spend entirely too much time sitting on my rear and playing on the internet.

Wow ~ cold here in Texas this morning ~ 27*. Ice on the trees. It was a beautiful sunny day here yesterday, but that was deceiving. It never got above freezing all day.

About to head out to help DS Jason get the internet up and running at his new apartment.

Hello to everyone else. Hope you all are having a good day. Staying warm if you are where it is cold.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 03-04-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:14 PM   #59  
kosherveganchick

I did the Tuesday 4 minute workout. I am pacing myself so that I don't hurt myself.
My eating has been under control and I have been able to stay on this path of high quality no processed no preservatives/wheat less/ sugar less journey. My daily caloric intake has hovered around 1200 calories.
I wish my DH was feeling healthier too, but he has his own demons to conquer. I can only control what goes into my mouth and what comes out of it too. I can offer healthy foods I can prepare wholesome meals I can not control what happens otherwise.
Old 03-04-2014, 04:41 PM   #60  
JAYNE

S/C/G: 276/251/150

I just saw your thread. I have been here since December but only lately getting to know the forums. My name is Jill and have been eating healthy since June. I also eat no processed and only whole grains. My calorie range depends on my activity but I usually am around 1200 calories. I walk mostly for exercise but recently been trying running it is slow going but I do like it.
I am 52 but really don't feel 52 though my bones don't agree with me in the morning sometimes. I have not read through all the posts but the first couple and I am a Rose which kinda surprised me a little. I am a country girl though and live on a small farm with my dh of 29 years and daughters.

Last edited by jillybean2014; 03-04-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Closed Thread