Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2014, 02:20 AM   #31  

Hi everyone.. a great party,but im sure pooped. Lots of laughs. hard to believe shes 16. Donna I did give u an atta girl. did you see my post on the 1st page? sorry you were missed its a great accomplishment and we luvs you I took the gg test to and im a blend of rose and Sophia. hope your weekends going good. rosey
Old 03-02-2014, 07:31 AM   #32  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Akrosey49, What a special grandma you are! I am sure your grand daughter will always cherish you and remember her 16th bd.
I have to work today. Sundays are usually busy days for cemeteries, which is where I work. After 28 plus years of being a stay at home wife and mother I found a job that was willing to hire me!
Old 03-02-2014, 07:44 AM   #33  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

Welcome Goodlife. You will really like this support group. I am a newbie too. Everyone is very nice and seem very supportive of one another.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:46 AM   #34  

S/C/G: 151/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile

Good Morning 3beachgirls and Good morning to everyone! Snow storm wasn't as bad as they predicted, but it was tough to get through the night without eating! Making some oatmeal right now, and having my first morning cup of coffee. Should be a busy day at home, but we'll see......so far my energy level just isn't there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Life is Good.

PS: Last week at this time I was just getting off a cruise ship in beautiful sunny Ft. Lauderdale! Came home to snow & cold!
Old 03-02-2014, 11:29 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Good morning!! It is cold!!! we have a great big 9 degrees!! I let the dogs out and there is just a little bit of snow-- but ice under it-- they were surprised when they had a hard time walking across it!! I am so tired of WINTER!!!

GoodLife--- I just had to google and see how far you are from me-- about 175 miles. I am down by Joplin. didn't get a lot of snow but I am so ready to just skip spring and go directly to summer!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:14 PM   #36  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Rosey - yes, thanks, I did see your attagirl... and I wish I could have been at your feast yesterday! I'm sure you all had a great time!!!

CK - it's nasty cold here, too, but we got just a dusting of snow and there isn't any ice. I wonder why we never get ice storms? It certainly does get cold enough, but, of course, we have sunshine about 300 days a year... I'm NOT complaining!!!

Lucinda - what do you do at the cemetery? Yours has to be the most intriguing job we've heard around here.

Nothing much on the agenda today, except for staying warm... and doing laundry and other assorted domestic drudgeries.

All newbies - welcome!!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:49 PM   #37  

Height: 5'3"

Good Sunday everyone! I slept good and woke up early (for me), and rar'n to get the day started. I like to air dry my hair so have to get it washed in order to have time. So now I'm sitting here with semi-wet hair with plenty of time before I actually have to get ready for church. Just had breakfast of Kashi Go Lean Crisp, toasted berry crumble...I love it with a few pecans pieces sprinkled over and milk. yummy! We plan to take our son's gf out for lunch since we missed her birthday.

My weight is continuing to fall a few ounces at a time. My inner child is beginning to adjust to not being able to eat in the evenings I think. I still got hungry last night but managed even while alone so that's another NSV. When I feel hungry I tell myself, no I don't eat in the evenings.

Here are yesterdays stats.
Cals - 1107
Carbs - 101
Fat - 50 (little high)
Fiber - 23
Sodium - 1180

I think koshka and goodlife are new? Welcome! If I've already welcomed you, you now have a double welcome! It's always good to have new people join us.

Karen31, goodlife, Jess, all in cold areas....I hope you can keep warm, hopefully it will soon be over.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:55 PM   #38  
kosherveganchick

Maryea, I checked out those work out videos and I took some notes. Starting tomorrow I am going to start doing them. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Donna, I really like my job b/c I like being able to assist people during their time of need, when they are in a state of betweeness, not yet mourning but needing to take care of details so they can get on with the ability to honor their deceased loved ones. I do not actually dig the graves, but I do everything else, including maintaining a chapel.
Old 03-02-2014, 06:38 PM   #39  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Smile Finally get to sit for acrew

Went to Church this morning and grocery shopping then paperwork then 4 batches of laundry and now waiting on the last batch to dry. Did not have a weight loss but no gain either. Hubby and I are off tomorrow and closed Tuesday for the Mardi Gras holiday we have not been to a parade in about 12 years. Have a great evening all.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

Tam Tam going to New Orleans for Mardi Gras is on my bucket list. One day I will make it. Today was a good day, but I got a little depressed. I went shopping and needed to get a new pair of capris...trying on clothes always makes me feel down. I can't wait to get some of this weight off so I can enjoy getting new clothes. It only seems like a chore to go into the dressing room now.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:34 PM   #41  
kosherveganchick

3 beach...I do not go clothes shopping b/c you are right, it is sabotage and it also makes me feel like all is for naught. That is why I love catalogs! I do pretty good at "Women with in " they have a website and you can return stuff if it is no good.
Old 03-02-2014, 11:50 PM   #42  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

Didn't end up having to go help Jason today, so it ended up being a resting up kind of day. We needed that ~ we were pretty tired after yesterday.

Lucinda ~ I'm glad you like your job. And the people you help are lucky to have someone like you who is kind ~ to help them during those sad difficult times.

Beach ~ Welcome. I feel kind of the same way about clothes shopping ~ I put it off until it is an absolute necessity ~ because nothing ever fits or looks good. Occasionally, I find something I like and know from past purchases what size to get, so I buy it even if I maybe don't need it at the time, because it is so hard to find anything that fits or that I like ~ so, if I see something I like, I grab it while I can.

Tamtam ~ welcome also ~ forgive me ~ I can't remember if I welcomed you already or not. I got that book (The One, One, One Diet) from the library. I'm doing something else eating wise right now, but thought that maybe that way of eating might be something I could do after I get further along in my weight loss, to kind of maintain.

Mary ~ it sounds like maybe the One, One, One thing is what might be a good fit for you ~ seems like you are doing well with it.

Donna ~ again I say ~ awesome, way to go ~ you're doing great ~ wishing you continued success. Hope you were able to stay warm this weekend.

K31 ~ Hope spring/warmer weather comes soon for you ~ did you end up getting very much snow and ice? Prayers continue ~ hope you guys are hanging in there ok.

Goodlife ~ welcome. I think Kearney is where one of my former coworkers lives. We worked at the North Kansas City Hospital together. Glad you got to enjoy a cruise and the nice warm sunshine.

Rosey ~ the birthday party for your GD sounded nice ~ glad everyone had a good time. What a cool way to celebrate being 16.

Robin ~ I have thought the same thing about all the food commercials. Grrrr ~ makes me want to munch.

Liana ~ way to go getting in that 40 minute walk.

Hi Koshka

Welcome Slimalvin

Welcome Waterbunny ~ I'll be glad for you when warmer weather comes along so that you can enjoy getting to walk outside.

Bobbi ~ is there somewhere I can get directions for how to make a quilt like you are doing ~ finishing each block then putting all the finished blocks together?

K3 ~ how are the new knees doing? You're awesome ~ doing all those hours of PT. You're getting there

Lynn ~ glad you got to enjoy time with your daughter. Glad you got back home safely, bet your kitties were glad to have you back.

Hope you all have had a good weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 03-02-2014 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:06 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

hello
Old 03-03-2014, 07:19 AM   #44  
kosherveganchick

hello Karen 3. I see you peering over at me! You are lucky to be in sunny warm florida. We in NY are so cold and our skin is so dry I feel like a dirty peice of ice
Old 03-03-2014, 08:55 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Hi Donna, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss! 11 pounds is GREAT!

Hi Mary, I am sure you have explained elsewhere, but I missed it. What is 1-1-1?

About the Golden Girls quiz - interesting so many of us turned out to be Rose or partially Rose.

Predictions for today's snow was 6-12 inches - we got only 2-3. Not enough to mention, but had already cancelled our book club meeting.

Tonight I am making dinner for my 2 neighbors who took care of cats & drove me to and from the airport.

Have a great day everyone,

Lynn
Closed Thread