Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2014, 03:18 PM   #16  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Holy Moly Donna, where did you post that? Sorry but I missed it, this is fantastic news! I'm guilty of not checking in every day, will try to do better.

Quote:
BTW, since no one commented on my post a couple of days ago, I'll say it again: I HAVE LOST 11# SINCE THE FIRST OF THE YEAR!
Old 03-01-2014, 03:34 PM   #17  

Height: 5'3"

Good Saturday everyone! I took both quiz's and on bobbi's I was Dorothy and on the other one I was Rose so perhaps I'm a blend of both. I only very vaguely remember the show so don't remember the characters really. Stayed home yesterday as a young friend and her dd was here while dh worked on her car. It was fun having their company. The little girl loves to play games on my iPad. Tonight dh will be meeting a friend for dinner so I'll be on my own. Am going to have to plan my meal carefully. I used to always snack and often over ate when alone esp.

Well I finished a week on 1-1-1 and I lost 2.8#. I was hoping to get down to my sig weight but I'm close at least. Just seems like with all the calories I dropped I'd have lost more. Oh well. I still think it's a good plan. I'm actually eating more at some meals and not as hungry although at times I am, esp right after dinner (even though I leave the table feeling stuffed so know it's just brain hunger!) and before bed. Even so, I think the increased protein and carbs at meals is helping me through it. Yesterday I ate 3 meals plus one afternoon snack. I had two of dh's chocolate macadamia clusters instead of one. The label says two are a serving, but I think for 1-1-1 and definitely for my bs one is enough! So my bs was very high even two hours later and usually it starts high in am and drops as day progresses. The rest of the day it wasn't bad and by bedtime it was great.

Yesterday's stats:
Cals - 1281
Carbs 166
Fat 55 H
Fiber 24
Sodium 1265

Have only a little housework left to do today, then I'm free to do other things.

Tamtam - You are busy! No wonder the days fly by for you too. How long have you been following the 1-1-1 plan?

Jess - Wow! Congrats on the weightloss!! I missed that before, sorry.

Robin - I was just saying to dh that about all the food commercials...worst time to tempt us too! I'm hungry enough then without that.

Waterbunny - Welcome!

Karen3 - Thinking of you and praying for you. Hope you are ok.

Hoping you all have a good weekend!
Old 03-01-2014, 03:40 PM   #18  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

[QUOTE=maryea;4954367]

Tamtam - You are busy! No wonder the days fly by for you too. How long have you been following the 1-1-1 plan?

Wow great loss! I have been on it for "two weeks" but went to Market in between and had some days at work that I could not follow it exactly, some days lunch starts at noon and ends at 3pm such is the life of retail. But I like it and hopefully will see better results on the scale if I can get a whole week of being on the plan.
Old 03-01-2014, 05:33 PM   #19  

Wow! Interesting quiz. I'm not sure it's a compliment to be like Rose! She could be such a ditzey GG!
Old 03-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #20  

Here are some 4 min/day exercise videos. Some will be too much for some of us (I am not at all good at push-ups!) but if you do what you can as long as you mantain good form to prevent injury, they should help you over time.

http://www.familycircle.com/videos/e...showVideo=true
Old 03-01-2014, 07:11 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

Congrads....11 pounds....Good work.
Old 03-01-2014, 07:16 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Donna! I am so proud of you and you did it!! We are still checking in each day and it is very motivating I'm glad that we decided to do this. I haven't lost near what you have and now I keep bouncing back and forth!! Got to get focused again! But I am determined--- just need to make better choices when I'm at the hospitals or wherever with Tim--- that cafeteria food will put you in the hospital!!

We just got back from Walmart! What a disaster there!! We have an ice storm predicted so everyone was in there stocking up! Supposed to be nasty up through Wednesday!! Stay warm everyone!!
Old 03-01-2014, 07:17 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 207/204/157

Height: 5'6"

Glad to have found the March thread. Today was beautiful in Florida. I am down 3 pounds. I made a promise to myself to get up and out more. So today I walked on a little red wagon food drive with my daughters FFA to collect food from the neighborhood for local food bank. It was so nice out I made myself stay outside and play. Played frisbee, boccee ball, hit around the tennis ball, played fetch with the dog. I admit the house needed to be cleaned but I think I need to do more things for me and to have more fun. Hope everyone had a great day and thanks for letting me be part of the Golden Girls....
Old 03-01-2014, 07:32 PM   #24  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Thanks, Goldens....

Sorry to sound so needy, but I've learned that we have to ask for what we want.... and I wanted an "attagirl"!! CK - you've been with me every step, and I APPRECIATE YOU!

17 degrees out there... I don't think this will last long, and the dusting of snow has already blown away.

Later, lovelies.
Old 03-01-2014, 09:06 PM   #25  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Good Saturday night. I wore bright red lipstick today. I did not stray off my path of mindfull eating. I rode my spin bike for 30 minutes and I am so thankful for this forum to unload my diet/food/weight issues.
I LOVE spirutien and I am sorry Maryea you were dissapointed in the product.
I do add ice to the blender along with a spoon of coffee and a sweet n low and I use almond milk. I only use the vanilla or cappuccino flavors of Spiru-tein. I hope you did not spend too much money buying a 32 ounce canister.
I ordered a pair of platform shoes as a reward for losing 19 pounds...I have not worn high heels in years so I am looking forward to this splurge!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 151/138/125

Height: 5'4"

Smile Saturday night Snow and Cold!

I'm new to this site, but happened upon it and tried the Brainfall Golden Girl's quiz. How fun! Guess I'm a Rose, too. Snowing and very cold here; expecting 7-8 inches tonight.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:06 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'2"

I'm not a Blanche at all (although she was one of my favorites!). I am parts of all the rest.
Old 03-01-2014, 10:31 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Robin, How are you? Are you prepared for this next storm coming? I hate ice storms!! Went to Walmart and picked up some things this afternoon and I think the whole city was in there!!! Thanks goodness we didn't need a lot... Now if all goes well we won't need to go anywhere for the next few days while this storm travels through. We aren't even planning on going to church tomorrow-- our high temp. is only supposed to be about 15 tomorrow!! Take care and stay warm!!!
Old 03-02-2014, 01:22 AM   #29  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

The results of my Golden Girls Test was:

You are part Rose. There is an innocence about you that others find appealing and endearing. You never judge anyone and never listen to gossip. Your life is based on truth and values and you naturally believe everyone else wants to live the same. There have been times when your heart was too trusting, but you never let these moments change your beliefs. You are the one everyone wishes they could be!

You are part Stan. You are a little introverted and do not crave attention. You tend to keep just a handful of close friends and cringe when you have to go to big gatherings. You like the free things in life- like a beautiful sunset and the laugh of a child. You are super sensitive and this means your feelings can get hurt a little easier than most. Your friends love and respect you.

I don't know about some of those things

So sorry Donna ~ I saw your good news, but it was probably late and I thought I would comment the next day ~ then good old CRS struck and it was gone. That is an awesome accomplishment. Keep up the good work. Also, you mentioned that you got a new vehicle ~ is that helping you to have less pain in your hip ~ hope so.

Been so busy ~ had Maddie extra ~ one of Sara's friends from junior high (Kansas City, Missouri) came to town for a visit, so we kept Maddie so Sara could spend time with her friend.

Also, have been helping Jason pack his stuff ~ he moved today. To an apartment ~ no longer will be renting from Sara. Better for both of them. They had a falling out ~ hopefully over time, it will blow over like it has in the past. Scum boy has too much influence over her. If Jason was a horrible brother like my brother ~ I wouldn't blame her for wanting nothing to do with him, but he is not horrible.

Now, will be going to help him unpack and get his bed set up etc. I enjoy getting to visit with him while we work on stuff.

Sara also will be moving ~ selling her house for something more affordable. I told her I would help her pack if she wanted me to. She hasn't let me know yet.

Have a new grandbaby due on March 16. So, was making one of those no - sew blankets for that baby.

Have had unexpected dr's appointment. Computer problems too ~ having to use a different one, so have not been spending as much time on here ~ because this one I am having to use is frustrating.

Got the One, One, One Diet book that TamTam has told about, from the library and have been reading that.

Sorry I did not get to everyone tonight with the personals. It was a long day ~ by the time we got done helping Jason and got back home it was after 11pm. So, running out of steam ~ forgive me ~ hoping for tomorrow, but we are supposed to go back and help Jason with some more stuff, so will play it by ear.

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:45 AM   #30  
Less of a Better Me

I did the quiz. It was fun. It says I am Dorothy

Quote:
You are Dorothy. You're a strong, domineering and intelligent person. Sometimes you can get a little sarcastic and impatient with people, but that is only because you want to get to the point. Your family and friends are gold to you, and although you may tell them things they necessarily don't want to hear, they know you've got their back. You are the best kind of friends to have!
Truthfully, I hate to admit it, but I think it is pretty accurate.....
Closed Thread