Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2014, 02:43 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucindaarrowspark View Post
But last night I left the house and went to a ZUMBA class instead! Yes I was the oldest chick in the class. BUt I had fun and I did not punish myself for not being a perfect wife by shoving food in my face. I exercised my self denigration away!
We had the last two weeks of Zumba for free here at one of the gyms... I didn't realize till Monday, but went Tues anyhow. Yes, the Zumba is fun (I wasn't the oldest there - some of the ladies I used to teach in my Senior Fitness Aquacize class were there, good to reconnect lol) but I find I have to modify a fair bit for my health issues AND I am too cheap to pay the $10.00 a pop for the class. I know Zumba charges their instructors a fortune to be certified in their style so I do get it, but still... I think I'll just Salsa in my living room, lol.
Liana
Old 03-27-2014, 03:42 PM   #257  

Height: 5'3"

Hello GGs! I did well on my eating plan yesterday and my weight remained stable this morning. I had hot flashes a lot last night so didn't feel rested when I woke up and also achy. I used that as an excuse not to go to the gym. I might have felt better if I'd gone though. I will do my stretches here at home.

Just staying home today and doing my weekly cleaning of my kitchen. It sure gets dirty fast.

Bobbi - Right now I am using some "homemade" soap someone else made. I got a chance to get a 3 year (probably longer for me!) supply for a good price so I bought it about a year or more ago and still using it. I used to make my own following the original cooking method with the bar soap. Dh was doing his own laundry at the time (his choosing) and he didn't trust the homemade stuff so he would put in double the amount and all his t-shirt turned out yellow! Now I'm doing all the laundry and he doesn't know what I'm using but the right amount. We have continued to have dingy t-shirts but the vinegar is really helping with that. Maybe when I'm out of this huge supply I'll try making the sauce kind.

Cajun - I agree that it feels like you are eating a lot with 1-1-1 esp if you are used to eating very small meals. I'm enjoying my food so much more. Haven't really lost but that's probably because I got pretty much off it there for about a week..after seeing doc (even though it was not a bad report, and having the kids here)...so I think it was kind of emotional eating. because it is really so easy and I like to eat this way.

Anyway my bs has been so much better and that's the biggest incentive for me. But I also think that it could be possible to eat this way and NOT lose...you have to stick to her serving sizes and it seems to me you really have to use common sense about some foods esp desserts and eating out. but then that's what I like about it..I don't like being told what to eat and I like being in charge. I don't think I could go back to any other diet plan.

Yesterday...I did eat in the evening (a no-no) but I did well with proportions and carbs however I went over on calories (to me). Usually when I do that I immediately see my weight go up, but this morning it was the same. Is this because of the proportioning? I don't know abut I'm glad. She does not advocate being focused on calories.

ETA: My eating so far today..not so healthy.
breakfast
Morning Glory Muffins - 2 small - carb and fat (nuts visible on top) Whoops should only have had one per 1-1-1 AND I have really paid for it with my BS being very high! In hind-sight wisdom....I wish I'd scrambled some egg whites, using spray oil, and veggies...I have peppers, onions, celery, spinach...any of which would have been yummy. And I could have filled up with that and only ONE muffin...perfect 1-1-1 breakfast! The reason I ate two muffins was because they were so small and I didn't think they'd fill em up...duh.. Hope I remember this next time!
milk - protein

lunch
PB mocha frappe - missed it this am, so had to have it for lunch. Protein, carb and fat
baby carrots - free

ETA: dinner (bs finally down! lesson learned.)
Grilled beef (used indoor grill and again we loved it!) - protein
Vegetable potato soup - my carb and fat, and veggies free - dh also had rice.

Last edited by maryea; 03-27-2014 at 09:29 PM.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:47 PM   #258  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I use Amazon all the time, so for our family the prime fee is well worth it. My dd5 joined me in eating a large healthy salad for dinner! I am so happy to have a partner.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:57 AM   #259  
Jacksonville, FL

Well I had hopes that my 5 pound loss instead of the usual 3 pound up and down was real........nope back up 3. I realize the problem is I do not like vegetables...I have tried most many times, so many different ways and listen to my husband say, yummy and still almost gag. He say just eat them, but what if I told him just eat liver which he does not like. I can do a salad twice a week, but find I just cannot do more without ending up throwing most of it out... Stews, soups are the best way for me, but when I try to up the vegetables and the taste becomes overwhelming, again I gag. It is hard to eat 1000-1200 consistently unless one eats volumes of veggies.....am I alone, anyone else have this problem...do I just keep keeping on but not lose or plain give up?? Sorry for rant but thought someone might have an answer....
Old 03-28-2014, 09:42 AM   #260  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola, Goldens...

Quick hello!

Deelou - I cannot imagine giving up veggies! You can buy the salt- free vegetable juices and get your servings that way... beware of the sodium, if you can't find salt free, though. Can you drink the juice without bother?

Nothing much to report. Slow and steady.... off to work shortly. Need to lather the lard and then get rolling.

Hope you'll all have a fine day! Later, lovelies!

Old 03-28-2014, 09:49 AM   #261  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Deelou...have you tried the steamed cauliflower recipe you can make into fake mashed potatoes? They don't taste like veggies at all. And you can eat a ton of them.

I'm charging my kindle white, it came yesterday just before we left for Minneapolis but, I didn't have time to fool around with it. We had a 1.5 hour drive to the Gaither concert last night. David Phelps voice is so amazing, I got goose bumps all over.

Later gators, have to get ready for the YMCA....boring!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:53 AM   #262  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Deelou ~ I think I have seen my daughter buy V8 juice that is a mixture of fruit and vegetables, but tastes like fruit not vegetables. Google that and check it out ~ I think it was called V8 fusion.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:23 AM   #263  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies. Rainy day here. More to come this afternoon and tonight. A front is supposed to come thru at midnight. This weekend is the weekend that I start spring cleaning the house. I've volunteered dh to help me and he agreed. He knows I can't move all the furniture by myself. The ds's rooms should be easy because there's nothing in those rooms. I did get a head start this morning washing rugs and cleaning filter vents in the utility room.
Diet is going very well so far. I hope I can lose on this one because I'm really liking it. Hopefully with all the cleaning I'll burn calories. Lol. I won't weigh in until Wednesday.

Mary some of the foods I eat are very confusing to me like protein bars. Not sure where they fit in. Should they be a 1-1-1.

Hi all. I'm out of time.
Hugs cajun
Old 03-28-2014, 12:52 PM   #264  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

I need to vent lest I lose my mind! Ok so I prepare foods for my family..I can prepare foods using all natural whole grains, I can avoid using oils I can use spices instead of sugar/salt fat...But the masses won't eat it... so then I feel obligated to eat more than my share to show them all how delicious and wonderful the food is. But I don not need the extra calories and I end up eating all my wholesome foods alone.
I can opt to cook using the crappy crap the family wants. Ifeel no compulsion to consume those meals.
Why do I feel like it is a sin to just throw away food..why do I feel as though G-d does not want me to throw away food.
Deelou... you might enjoy juicing your vegetables and throwing in a handful of grapes to sweeten the drink. Pears also add a sweet creamy flavor to juiced vegetables. I LOVE my Jack la Lane $89 juicer.

Last edited by lucindaarrowspark; 03-28-2014 at 12:56 PM. Reason: to add info
Old 03-28-2014, 05:00 PM   #265  
Jacksonville, FL

Thanks to all! I like cauliflower and broccoli, I do drink heated v8 which tastes like tomato soup tha way, and have tried some veggies in smoothies with fruit but have not found any recipe anyone would drink!!

I'll keep on keeping on....
Old 03-28-2014, 09:36 PM   #266  

I stayed home all day today. Only went out to get the mail. I changed the sheets and did daily work but still not done with my weekly bedroom cleaning. Spent too much time online entering sweeps. Just started back to the hobby and already won some free fish and a cutting board. Hope to win more soon. I did wash three loads of laundry. Maybe will get more done tonight but depends on what else I find to do.

I think I did ok on my eating plan. My challenge is going to be tonight because I am realizing I now have to decrease my calories more in order to continue to lose. I hate it but that's the way it is so I will try. I've been going against the rules eating at night anyway. Well, will see...

Today's eating:
breakfast
PB mocha frappe - protein, carb and fat

Lunch
tangerine - carb
fish sticks - chose to call this protein and fat although it has more carb than anything.

pm snack
pb mocha frappe - pro, carb, fat (again, I forgot to cut the protein in half but it is very little and I do need the calcium)

dinner
Fried talapia - protein , carb (fry mix - very little) and fat (veg oil - counted it because I had to use a little more (3T for both fillets) than I usually do but when I poured it off later, almost all of it was still there so I didn't get much really.
tomato and green onions - free
I should have eaten more veggies as I'm still a little hungry. Maybe later that's what I'll have since they are free.

Cajun - I am very thankful I love most veggies! At least you do like some and the veggie drinks will help. You might like that Spirutein drink that Lucinda drinks. I bought two small packages...tried the vanilla one but haven't tried the chocolate yet. They do have lots of good nutrition in them and who knows you might like them. And yes, Glynne's right there is V8 Fusion which supposedly tastes like fruit. On the protein bars...check the label...it is likely they are fairly high in all nutrients...protein, carb and fat. If not you can add whatever the bar is lacking. Do they fill you up? I am rarely filled up on bars alone but I have a large appetite. Even my dh is amazed how much food I can eat and not even feel full!! :O What I have to do is learn to fill up on veggies...I do like them but when I am still hungry, I tend to think of the hyperglycemic carbs!

Lucinda - I don't like to waste food either but I'm wonder whether you could sorta compromise. Like fix some foods they do like and just enough or a little bit more of your kind (the little more is in case they come around!). If all the meal isn't food they think they don't like then it might not bother them so much and they might be willing to taste a spoonful at least. Might be worth a try. I know how frustrating it is with my dh because he often brings home foods that tempt me but I wouldn't eat them if he didn't bring them home. Of course he has a right to eat what he wants and I have to learn to say no. Guess I have the opposite problem...at least I'm glad for you that their food does not tempt you.

Last edited by maryea; 03-28-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 03-29-2014, 01:05 PM   #267  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Bobbi - Thank you for your "recipe" for the soap. It is much better than the one I got off the internet. It is similar and uses the same 3 ingredients, but they ended up mixing it with water, making 10 gallon size milk bottles of soap. Where do you store all that?? It is much easier to mix the "gel" in the mason jars and just measure that into the wash water. Once I'm finished with my Dawn Soap I will make this. I usually put my soap directly into the water in the washer and let the washer fill up half way before adding the clothes.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:17 PM   #268  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Carol Sue...this laundry detergent sauce doesn't make suds but you can tell the clothes are getting clean by all the dirty water after the washer has agitated for awhile. I put one tablespoon into a cup, add hot water and mix it up good with a mini whisk until dissolved somewhat, then add to washer. Did you check out the Budget 101.com? Great site for everything. You can make lots of mixes too, homemade cake mixes, etc.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:51 PM   #269  

Good morning GGs! Another cool, breezy day here. I lost 1.4# this week but realize this is just what I had gained recently, so i'm still just up and down...so nothing to celebrate except that it is moving right now in the right direction and I am not continuing to gain. I am continuing to struggle with eating and even sometimes even still binging in the evenings, so I'm surprised I lost anything. I will not give up...that's my motto! This morning I'm off to a good start but I've only had breakfast.

ETA:
breakfast
pb mocha frappe - pro, carb, fat

lunch
bacon sandwich with pickles - protein, carb, pickles free
celery - free
V8 juice 1/2 c - free
cheese 1 oz - fat (Cajun and Tam, I THINK either bacon or cheese could be the fat or protein, what do you think?)

Dinner
beef with peppers - protein and free veggies - dh had rice too but I skipped that to have fruit
tangerines - 2 (tangerines are not listed in the book, and it says orange is 1 serving, but these are small and I know that 2 are only about 19-20 gm carb.)
almond milk - fat (I don't really like to drink it alone but it was all I could think of to finish out my meal).

Last edited by maryea; 03-30-2014 at 01:20 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:40 PM   #270  

rosey
Closed Thread