Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2014, 10:12 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Well, Good Morning. I had to adjust my ticker up this morning. It was 191.4 But a gain of 1.6 isn't too bad for all the fast food, hospital cafeteria food and just plain junk snacks in the motel room this week. Hopefully it will be gone plus a little more by next weigh in.

Everything is going good and Tim seems to be feeling a little better and ate a good dinner last night of grilled chicken, rice and broccoli. Still haven't heard anymore from the Dr. I hate waiting!!!

Everyone have a good day and I'll try to get back later today. Need to get some groceries and laundry done!
Old 02-08-2014, 11:03 AM   #77  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Good Morning, All...

OOh, lots of interesting stuff to read.

Gayle - I think your idea of a memory box is intriguing. And Robin mentioned the Memory Jar... also a neat idea!

KarenFL - I think the medical community is just having fun messing with you... and all the rest of us! There's no reason for 90% of the stuff they do, except that this is a litigious society... and they have to cover their buttocks in case some crybaby wants to sue because their feelings were hurt. I'm not looking forward to my turn in AT LEAST June. Your tolerance level is a tad higher than mine, I think. One more week! Yay for you!!

Rosey - you can make some of your dog cookies in the shape of regular cookies, and Mr. CP wouldn't know the diff. The ingredients wouldn't hurt him at all!

Acupuncture today, lunch with SIL tomorrow... NOTHING on Monday, the best day! The sun is shining, and it's pretty. It's also 29, so balmy breezes abound!

Everyone, have a good one. Later, lovelies!

Old 02-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
Well, Good Morning. I had to adjust my ticker up this morning. It was 191.4 But a gain of 1.6 isn't too bad for all the fast food, hospital cafeteria food and just plain junk snacks in the motel room this week. Hopefully it will be gone plus a little more by next weigh in.

Everything is going good and Tim seems to be feeling a little better and ate a good dinner last night of grilled chicken, rice and broccoli. Still haven't heard anymore from the Dr. I hate waiting!!!

Everyone have a good day and I'll try to get back later today. Need to get some groceries and laundry done!
Hi Karen,

I ABSOLUTELY know what you mean about hospital food. During the 2 years that I took care of my DH (he was in and out of the hospital frequently), I got up to my highest weight of 185 lbs.

1.6 pounds is GREAT given the choices they give you in hospitals.

Nurses, why do hospitals have such un-healthy food choices?

Lynn
Old 02-08-2014, 12:04 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

I am meeting my niece for dinner this evening. She is having LOTS of family problems. Really trying to keep in close touch with my nieces now that my sister is no longer here to be our link.

My psoriasis is back on my hand (after about 10 years). I think it is a combination of losing my sister & having my DD move to FL & not really deciding where I plan to live (PA or FL).

Time to get out my yellow pad and list my pros and cons.

Lynn
Old 02-08-2014, 02:59 PM   #80  

Height: 5'3"

good morning everyone! Our snow is still there and more coming down. Looks like winter wonderland. We have plenty to eat except milk but we can get along without it. Just last week I was thinking I ought to get some powdered milk to keep on hand for emergencies but I didn't. But otherwise we have everything we need and are warm and cozy inside. You may remember when I posted pics of our long row of firewood a couple years ago...we still have most of it even though dh's been bringing in some about every day since late fall... and it should last us quite a while.

I've been having neck pain/discomfort with spasm up to the top of my head (from neck). PT said that was due to my neck issues. Not sure why it starts up ever now and then. It sure is uncomfortable. I am still doing the PT exercises but perhaps I need to watch my posture more and make sure I have proper support when lying on sofa watching TV and reading or playing games on my iPad. I'm a mulitasker. But it is wierd, it comes on suddenly and then goes away just as suddenly without much change that I can tell in my behavior.

Lynn - I don't know why they can't make better hospital food either! I do think our local hospital is doing better in making tastier food, but it is still not that healthy.

Karen31 - No 1.6# isn't bad at all and likely is mostly sodium.

Glynn - Love your projects! Really like the memory cards esp. I have tried so many times to keep a diary but never keep it up, maybe the cards would be easier...just one line. One thing we used to do for Thanksgiving when the kids were all coming home is...all year long I would write down everything good that happened, answers to prayer etc. I'd put them on little strips and put into a jar or box (later on I was given a beautiful container and I used it) and then on Thanksgiving before we ate, I'd hand them out to everyone (sometimes some would get more than one!), and we'd each read them outloud and express thankfulness to God for whatever it was. Now we have Thanksgiving at our dds and she just has everyone say what they are thankful for....sometimes it is the children who start it by asking what we are thankful for. Its just done informally while we are eating.

Hope you all have a nice warm and cozy day!

Last edited by maryea; 02-08-2014 at 03:00 PM.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 PM   #81  

Hi everyone beautiful sunny day no wind steve is starting to move things around so we can start on my craft room. we donated some furniture to a family with 6 kids who had a house fire and lost everything, we are waiting for them to come and get it and then steves brother is going to help move the stuff upstairs. lots of work and im not much help but im so excited to get my ladys cave we are going out for dinner tonite to a bday party for one of steves buddies. I love going out to eat becuz someone waits on me,i don't cook and someone cleans up. steve not so much as he gets waited and served every meal. watching the Olympics,while on the puter hope your weekends fun and lo calorie ttfn rosey
Old 02-09-2014, 03:26 AM   #82  

Hi everyone laying here watching the Olympics. we had a nice time at the party. I thought we would be ordering from the menu but they had booked the party room and had pizza and soda for all and of course cake which was mini cupcakes in diff flavors. It was fun to chat with our friends. now glad to be home. Ive been fighting a virus the last few days,thought it was my allergies but im achy and stuffy . boy was our house turned topsy turvy for awhile but with lots of help its better now. hoping your weekends going well. rosey

breakfast
ww toast with jam
coffee

lunch
egg sandwich

dinner
1 slice pizza
1 mini key lime and coconut cupcake (yummy)

snack
iced tea
1/2 c granola
Old 02-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #83  

Happy Sunday everyone rosey
Old 02-09-2014, 06:38 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Evening all...Had an early dinner and ready to put jammys on. Sun came back and it's warmed back up. Sunset is pinks and teals tonight. Quiet and calming.

Does anyone have a trick to ease an elbow? My left elbow is tender and feels raw (no abrasion) but afraid that the sheets in the hospital will crack it good. O O O just read the yellow page ad for my rehab "Executive Chef"....and I day dream of someone making a pj sandwich.

Lynn...I can only tell you we have loved our move to Florida. The only question we had was why did we wait? You would be close to Tampa where there is so much happening between there and Saratoga. Arts, theater, sports and all the tourist stuff and beaches and no snow. I hate going back to NJ/Pa because of the traffic and snarly people. This state is geared to help older people. People smile and say hello...DS hates to jog down here because he has to wave so much!!!!!!

Rosey...I demand a picture of the finished Lady's Cave. How fabulous.

Mary...I am now the earworm saying in your mother's voice "Now Mary Sit Up Straight. Dear do you want to stay that way for ever." oh that was crossed eyes.....

Have you seen the latest new old photos...Helen Keller meeting Charlie Chaplen by touching his face, JFK at 5, Lucy at 20(wow) Came by email. If I can I'll post some. It's a lot to shrink.

Donna...Glad you got some relief.

Karen....prayers, crossed fingers and burning a candle for the report tomorrow will be AOK!

Bobbi....Did that last storm miss you?

Tonight is my crazy night. Downton Abby at 9 and the True detectives at 11. Reran dvds of last season of Kingdom last night. And the lastest season of Indian Doctor. That is really good. Set in Whales 1930ish and the whole season was based on a small pox out break. Won all kinds of awards. Still filming next season.

Cajun....Stop hiding we know when it's cold food warms the inner man. It's ok. You can come in.

Still under 1000 cals every day this year. Heck most days under 900. DD sent candy coated almonds....what!...well Dash is munching away every night....OMG...forgot DS has sold 4th book and it will come out next year. The main character's name is Dash. Yup he apologized for stealing the name. Title to be announced some day....

Last edited by Karen3; 02-09-2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:04 PM   #85  

trying to download pictures...here's lucy and hellen

Last edited by Karen3; 03-23-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:07 PM   #86  

And JFK at 5 yrs and 2 civil war vets

Last edited by Karen3; 07-10-2014 at 01:13 PM.
Old 02-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #87  

My weight dropped a little but still above sig weight.

Here's the breakdown:

Cals 1545
Carbs 181
Fat 49
Sodium 5131? Per MFP but I didn't calculate the roast beef recipe (diabetic and very little salt added)I actually made, used one in the data system. the other biggie was Mrs Butterworths sugar-free syrup. I used at most a tablespoon and according to my bottle it was not nearly as high as MFP has it. I'm going to enter my own info if I can't find one like it. I did eat a little deli meat and pickles too, but I still really don't think it was this high!
Fiber 37

Not tracking cholesterol here (I do on MFP) as I don't seem to have any trouble with it.

Staying home again today as church services are cancelled. I will be listening online. My neck and head hurt all night, a really rough night. Motrin is the only thing that helps and I don't like to take too much of it but I took 1600 mg in the night (800X2) plus Tyl pm when I went to bed and I still didn't get much relief. I'm still hurting today but so far have managed without med.

Karen3 - Thank you mother dear, I need your guidance both with posture and eating, but please no rolling pin or bat!! No I haven't seen the pictures you mentioned, very interesting. Perhaps they will be making the FB rounds soon.
Will watch for you son's book. Why did he apologize? Do you know what the character is like? Oh dear..
Old 02-09-2014, 08:05 PM   #88  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Old 02-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #89  

Karen3, we must have been posting at the same time?! I didn't see the pics before I posted. Thank you for uploading them for us! I love seeing old pics! JFK was a cute little guy, wasn't he? I like to look at the women's pics and imagine them dressed in todays fashions.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:40 PM   #90  

rosey

breakfast
coffee
mini cupcake

lunch
tuna salad
iced tea

snack
wild berry smoothie
pretzel twists

dinner