3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~February Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #16

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'2"

It's beginning to look like..... Well, thank goodness not Christmas again but it is snowing. One channel says 1-3 in. the other says 3-5. I say we'll just wait and see!

Karen- be very careful going to Little Rock Tuesday, it's suppose to be even worse down that way. Hope it doesn't get bad so your DH can get his surgery and hope all goes well with it.

Rosey- I watched that episode of My 600lb Life also. I felt so sorry for her, she was trying so hard and her husband was being such a jerk! Did you see the one with the man named Chuck, he was the one that was trying to lose weight and so belligerent towards his wife. She finally left him, that turned his rear end around! He started working harder to lose and win her back. She did come back and he was trying really hard to be nice and help her around the house. I guess we all have struggles in our lives.

Well have an awesome Sunday and Dag Gum that ground hog!!
Old 02-02-2014, 12:10 PM   #17
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Here's something to soften even the hardest heart:

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/emb...0z0gEvI4?rel=0

Enjoy!!

Gia, all Newbies - welcome!

Old 02-02-2014, 01:56 PM   #18

S/C/G: 185/155/140

Height: 5'1"

Hi Everyone,

Hi McSurf, GlaRose, Canadjineh, Robin, WELCOME! Glad you are joining us. Looking forward to getting to know you.

My DD is trying to get me to do a 10K in April (about 6 miles). I might just do it. Started training this morning – did 1.5 miles in 32 minutes. Need to pick up the pace. Not sure if I will continue with this or not – depends on how my knees handle it.

Supposed to snow here tomorrow – I hope it holds off until after our Book Club meeting. Am reading a good book you might like – Lydia’s Party – about an annual party & the women (moving from middle age to old age) who attend.

Have a GREAT day!

Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Had a call this am from the RN coordinator re:surgery and questions about me etc. Then came home for 2 letters with all the details. Some how it got realer....know what I mean. Have so many friends down here that have had TKR and they were telling me today that the newest treatment is not nearly as painful as it was 10 yrs ago. Really was a boost. I am anticipating mucho discomfort but less would be nice. DH said I should get one of those floor pedal things and I already have one. Inch by inch things are getting organized.
Hi Karen,

When I had my hip surgery, doctors gave me pre-surgery exercises to do. They REALLY helped me to recover quickly. After the surgery, I could see the purpose of the exercises – they were strengthening the muscles I would need to use until my hip had healed. Happy to hear about the newest treatment – I might still need to follow in your footsteps with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glynne View Post
I’m sorry if I go on too much about Maddie. I sometimes think maybe I shouldn’t talk about that so much ~ don’t mean to make those of you who don’t get to see your grandkids as often feel bad. It is just that Maddie is the bright spot in my life amongst the crummy stuff. I am trying to honor the request not to be so negative and bring others down, so that is how I end up talking about her so much.
Lynn ~ sorry that you ended up with a gain. Your classes are almost over now ~ will you get a break, or do you have another one lined up that will start soon?
Hi Gayle,
You could never “go on too much about Maddie.” If I remember correctly, Maddie and I have the same birthday. I do not have any GC, so I must get my enjoyment vicariously. Please do not stop Maddie stories.

You posted “I am trying to honor the request not to be so negative and bring others down…” If this came from someone in our group, I am REALLY sorry. We have always been able to “cry on each others’ shoulders.” This is our safe place – where we can whine, or complain, or vent without being criticized. If I were you, I would ignore this TERRIBLE advice!

My 1 class ended last weekend & the other one ends tomorrow. I will NOT be teaching any more in the near future – taking my laptop in to get the malware off it & going down to FL on the 11th for 2 weeks with my DD & SIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jess1 View Post
Gayle - yes, Samson is a great snuggler. He spends most of his life under the covers! I just LOVE him!!.
Hi Donna, Hopefully, I can attach my “under-cover cat.” Harry (Samson’s look-alike) also loves to snuggle under the covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen31 View Post
My hubby is still doing the same. We go to the VA Hospital in Littlerock on Tuesday for pre-op and then they will do the procedure on Wednesday. Hoping they don't find any surprises and they are able to get the gall stones without any complications. If they do find a growth they will do a biopsy at the same time.
Hi Karen, My best wishes to you and Tim. Hopefully, they will not find anything & recovery will be quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Mostly I'm doing ok during the days but I am still not doing well in the evenings so my bs is still high yet my weight so far is still stable.
Hi Mary,
I have also been having trouble in the evenings. I tried to think of something I could eat at night with a cup of tea – something not too high in calories & something I would NOT be likely to binge on. I bought a pkg of Stella Doro “cookies” (to me, more like biscotti than cookies). Each is 65 cals & 10 g of carbs. I will let you know if it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akrosey49 View Post
Hi everyone. A very lazy day. curled up in my chair by the wood stove with my nose in a book. was watching tv at the same time,My 600lb life..reminded me of my struggles with wtloss surg. one women was married to a European guy that loved big women. she was over 500# poor thing and had surg and started loosing,he sabotaged her thru out,she wanted salad and he said if she wanted greens she should go outside and graze don't know if these shows are staged however she succeeded in loosing until she was under 200.i was so happy for her. have any of you watched it.
Hi Rosey,

I do watch the show, but did not see that episode. Last episode I saw was the one about the man who did not work or help around the house & wife left him. What do you think about that doctor? Do you think he gives his patients helpful dieting advice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg harry under the cover.jpg (14.4 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by ladyinweighting : 02-02-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:40 PM   #19

Not a good weigh-in today. I gained 1.8# Not a surprise the way I've been eating. So up and down I go as usual. Yesterday we babysit the gc for a few hours. The youngest one says the cutest things sometimes!

We are about to go to church. Then this afternoon we will go to our dd's house to watch the big game. Our son is going with us.

Jess - Loved the puppies going round and round!

Cana - I think that was someone else who posted a list of books...maybe Rosey? Not sure. I enjoy Grisham's books too. Haven't read the one you mentioned yet.

Lynn - Any kind of cookies would not work with me. Esp love cookies with my tea however I rarely have them in the house, thank goodness! But I hope they work for you. A big part of my problem is timing (esp for my bs). I need to wait at least 3-4 hours after dinner before eating again. Because we have dinner on the later side that often would mean about bedtime...since I want to snack while I'm watching TV I have a hard time waiting. It is not hunger with me it is habit. Even so, if I kept it to one small snack I'd probably be ok, but most times I just don't.

GiaRose - welcome to our group! Enjoyed your post and to learn more about you. I will be 71 this month. It is hard to believe that my oldest dd will be 50 in just a little over a year! So know what you mean. I was 19 and dh was 27 and we have four grown children (2 boys 2 girls)and one boy in Heaven. We lost him the first year we were married, he left us at a little less than six weeks. I was 20 when he passed and it was very difficult for me as I'd never experienced death before. I love technology too! Seems to be rare among us oldies, so I'm glad I have online friends who enjoy it.
Old 02-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #20
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Lynn - your boy is exceptionally handsome!! Aren't they just the BEST??????

BTW, I'm reading a book you might like: Murphy's Law by Rhys Bowen. Apparently, there are several, started in Ireland as an immigrant to NYC.... not bad! I've not been happy with any of my reading material lately! I must be in a slump or a snit or something...

Gayle - I agree with Lynn! We're here to support each other.

SnowBlowerGod did my driveway and sidewalks, so life is good! Laundry is going, smells wonderful... geez, what more can a body ask?

Later, lovelies!

Old 02-02-2014, 04:28 PM   #21

S/C/G: 168/150

Height: 5'5"

Hello to ALL!

Bobbi, you are quite talented. We are getting our new-to-us condo ready for when we "retire" in a few months and our guest bedroom will have to be an office/sewing/reading room! We have a challenge on our hands! Decided on a trundle day bed for multi purpose needs. And the work goes on...

A Little History~

My husband and I have been married 32 years and have a wonderful blended family and 8 grandchildren. We were born and raised in MO, but never even met until we were in our thirties. I was widowed with a 9 yr old daughter and he was divorced raising a 6 yr old daughter and 9 yr old son. It was our parents that got us together and about fainted when we told them 6 weeks later we were getting married!!!!

Both of us were/are strong Christians and knew that GOD had put us together and we haven't regretted one moment! (Not that we didn't have struggles, especially blending the family!) But we have had lots of laughs and thankfully can't remember much of it!!! Old age or selection memory...not sure which.

Currently we own and operate a Christian Retreat in FL on the Gulf of Mexico. Enjoy the ministry of serving our guests and watching GOD work in lives. Also, as I said earlier we are completely redoing the condo with only the guest bedroom and closets to go!!!!

Life is always interesting and as you all know, full of ups and downs and plenty to do!

Better end this now before I reveal TOO much! After all, we just met!!!!

Blessings!

Last edited by McSurf : 02-02-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:42 PM   #22

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Good afternoon my fine chick-a-dees. It is beautiful sitting here in the sunshine. Didn't look at the weather report and don't care. I am so done. Had an awful night sleeping...Think I walked too much yesterday and between the knife blade and electrical volts I am wore plum out!!!! 15 days but who's counting. I have to reschedule 3 appts....be darned if I am going to get my teeth cleaned directly from the OR......nah...or my house cleaned on the way into the OR. I am a Leo and things must be organized or I'm roaring.....I count how much organization I need by yellow pads. My daughter's garden wedding was a 6 padder! I am on my 2nd pad with TKR.

After a year of really ugly hair cuts I got a good one yesterday. Wash and wear hair. Got all the tax stuff done. Double Check.

Donna...I down loaded 8 Molly Murphy books. Think my kindle is packed to go. CHECK!

Lynn and Donna do either of your cats have hearing problems? White cats often do.

Gayle...we are always here to listen and buck each other up. Scold when necessary and hug frequently. BUT sometimes we need a poke in the eye(you know where I really meant) when we get wallowing in our troubles. I end up getting worse when I stay negative. Hence my black humor. Years ago I learned that smiling and laughing drives my enemies insane.

Bobbi....You have taken to moving to town with a new lease of energy. Is the Myer's lemon alive?

Rosey...I watch that show because my DD is having the stomach stapling done next month. The doctor doesn't fool around and calls it like he sees it. Of course I think he is 110 yrs old! And us old f*rts say what is on our minds.

Tonight is Downton Abbey at 9 and True Detectives at 11. No time for football. Denver better win in the first quarter cause I'm gone to PBS.

Karen....when is the next car show? That should get Tim thinking.
Old 02-02-2014, 05:50 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen3 View Post
Lynn and Donna do either of your cats have hearing problems? White cats often do.

Tonight is Downton Abbey at 9 and True Detectives at 11. No time for football. Denver better win in the first quarter cause I'm gone to PBS.
Hi Karen,

Harry definitely does not have hearing problems - he spooks easily at the slightest noise. However, he does have eye problems periodically. His eye(s) will get black stuff in the corner. My vet & even a cat eye doctor cannot fix. I just try to rinse with a wet cloth.

Just saw Matthew McC in Dallas Buyers Club - he is a GREAT actor.

Lynn
Old 02-02-2014, 10:16 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
Lynn - Any kind of cookies would not work with me. Esp love cookies with my tea however I rarely have them in the house, thank goodness! But I hope they work for you.
Hi Mary,

I REALLY do not think you would have a problem with these. Do you remember the cookies we used to give to babies? Something like zwieback. That's what these were like - the consistency of cookie without any taste.

I definitely could have just 1.

Lynn
Old 02-02-2014, 11:39 PM   #25

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Karen-- I think the first car show is March 22!! Counting the days~~ we have "ALI" in the garage waiting for the nice days to be able to bring her out!! Will need to start getting her shined up and ready when the weather gets just a bit warmer and Tim is feeling better!! We both look forward to the car shows!

Hope they get some answers and fixes for Tim when we are in Littlerock He needs to feel better SOON!! Rosey, I think he is giving your Mr. Crankypants a good/bad run for his money!! But it will soon pass----I hope!

Will try to keep you updated if I can get a connection.

Take care everyone and stay warm!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 264452_10201317726727962_77989395_n.jpg (30.4 KB, 2 views)

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” ~
Old 02-03-2014, 12:22 AM   #26

Hi everyone. hope your weekend was a good one. after church I curled up with my dogs, wood stove going waiting for the super bowl.i like the commercials.. the next thing I knew my dh was waking me up. here it was 7pm and I was so disconboobalted I thought it was morning. lol I asked my dh what he was doing up so early sheeeesh I felt like someone conked me in the head. had to go on line to see that the seahawks won still feeling a bit wonky... rosey

I am enough!
Old 02-03-2014, 11:36 AM   #27

S/C/G: 281/218/165

Good morning Goldie girls. Virus over finally. Cold icey weather over. It's been raining and more to come all week thru the weekend coming.
Gotta get busy. I'm about 5 pages behind on personals. I'm just going to start over. Hi to all old and new friends.
Be back later
Hugs cajun
Old 02-03-2014, 11:56 AM   #28

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Bad roads! So bad the county government closed today so that means I get to stay in (in my Jammie's) and snuggle in my chair. Yea! Love it!
Old 02-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #29
Jacksonville, FL

VERY FRUSTRATED!
Last 7 days averaged 989 calories, exercised more than before, about 2 hours of walking....up one pound....see why I am having such a hard time over the past months? MD said I would need to eat 900-1000 to lose....I am not eating bad food......
Old 02-03-2014, 01:58 PM   #30
Jacksonville, FL

I have been averaging 1100-1200 a day over the past few months.....
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.