3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > Age 50+

~~February Golden Girls~~

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2014, 12:53 PM   #196
Jacksonville, FL

Good to hear from you...K3 praying for a quick and I eventful recovery!
Old 02-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #197

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Bobbi you not kidding about the snow. Your pictures are beautiful. To me anyway. We never get that kind of snow.

Karen3. So glad you checked it. I'm glad you're ok. Thinking about you often throughout the day. You will be glad to know I'm being a good dieter. Not that you could yell at me in your condition. Lol.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #198

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Glad to hear from you Karen! Take care and be good!!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 02-21-2014, 01:29 PM   #199

Deelou, You need to switch to the advance at the bottom of where you write. Then scroll down to where it says "Manage attachments" from there you can search on your computer for the pictures you want. Then choose the picture and upload. Hope that helps.

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow. ~
Old 02-21-2014, 04:58 PM   #200

Hello everyone! It's a beautiful day with a little sunshine! Dh found the bolt and whatever else he needed and is at work on it now. I said our old car is a 1995, but it is actually 1993. We bought it used in 1995. Dh takes such good care of our cars and this car has lasted longer than we ever thought it would. I'm glad we have our new car but dh kept the old one for his "fishing car." We drive it to the gym and dh drives it quite a lot. It still gets really good gas mileage, about the same as our new car! So we are hoping to keep it running.

I didn't get to the gym this morning.. but I have gotten a lot done around here. Completely cleaned our bedroom, dusted, cleaned glass and vacuumed, changed sheets...even cleaned inside window plus have most daily daily work done throughout the house, breakfast, checked email, FB etc. I've been up less than two hours so I'm off to a good start. Next, I will do the spare bedroom. Not a lot there, just dusting and vacuuming. I love when I feel productive! I've been way to lazy for a while now.

What is everyone reading these days? I just finished Burning Man on my ipad (eves while watching TV), The Marathon Murders on my Kindle (gym) and am now reading Heft in the dining room, and Angel of Death in the bathroom (love to read in the tub). Haven't really gotten interested in Angel of Death yet, but maybe I will yet. Heft is about a man who is grossly overweight...like 500-600 lbs. I think its fiction but it is kinda sad. Not at all sure where it is going but its getting interesting. He never leaves his house beyond the front step...doesn't seem to really be agorophobia, but just not comfortable for him, and thanks to the internet he has no real need to venture out.

Karen3 - So good to hear from you! Glad to know you made it and now are doing what it takes to get home again. I have missed you.

Change -I celebrated with you when I read your post!! Whoo-hoo is right!! You are an inspiration to me. I want so much to experience that good feeling again. Yet I keep overeating so know I have to want it bad enough to actually do it and then maintain it. If I don't learn the lesson well, I'll regain whatever I lose. It's taking me a long time to learn. Last time was a few years ago when I got down to 151 but then gained it back. It has to be a life change I know and that is what I'm working on...what I can maintain for life.

Lucinda - Oh glad you described your drink. I've seen those little packages of green stuff ...is that the Spirutein? I am not really a coffee drinker, but I do like coffee flavored drinks (light on the coffee though!) and I use almond milk quite a lot to make them, since it is much less carb and calories than cow's milk and supposedly they have added even more calcium than cow's milk. I like the idea of getting all that nutrition in a drink so maybe I'll buy a package and see how it tastes. Love how your dh got you your dog!

Cajun - I did a little better on my eating yesterday but still too many calories and carbs. Last night I was afraid I'd gain again but I actually dropped a bit. Still 5# away from my sig weight though. Yeah we really should give Karen3 a break.

Robyn - Yes it is harder, we have to eat less and burn more and that's more difficult to as we age. Doesn't seem fair, does it? But it is possible so keep on keepin on!

Well, I need to get back to work. Take care everyone!!

Last edited by maryea : 02-21-2014 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:17 PM   #201

Hi everyone.. having puter issues so am using dh's which is a dinasore K3 so happy to see you post..i know how hard rehab is, been there..Kick Butt chickie happy weekend everyone ttfn rosey

I am enough!
Old 02-21-2014, 05:47 PM   #202
I need to do this for me!

S/C/G: Starting Weight:250/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryea View Post
TamTam - I have ordered the book. If I had eaten all the diet books I've read, I'd probably be quite skinny by now.
That makes two of us!!!!!!
"Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. (Romans 14:20a-NAB)
Old 02-21-2014, 05:49 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post

Tam I cooked crawfish eutouffee last night. It was vet hard to eat without rice. Seafood platter is the best. I think I crave seafood way more than meat.

Hugs cajun
I LOVE seafood too!!! I LOVE Crawfish!!! Right now it is too expensive!! Can't wait to get a sack and boil some!!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:56 PM   #204

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Tam the ones I cooked were the ones we peeled last season. We peeled and froze 40 lbs. We caught and boiled crawfish every other day for 2 months. I was sick of crawfish when we quit catching them. My colestrol was high when my dr didy blood work. It was due to the crawfish. Didn't know that.
We are trying to eat those so we can catch fresh ones. I guess it will go up again. Dr won't be too happy.
You are right they are over 4.00 a lb live right now.

Have a nice weekend!!
Hugs
Cajun
Old 02-21-2014, 07:25 PM   #205

Default We say we will freeze them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Tam the ones I cooked were the ones we peeled last season. We peeled and froze 40 lbs. We caught and boiled crawfish every other day for 2 months. I was sick of crawfish when we quit catching them. My colestrol was high when my dr didy blood work. It was due to the crawfish. Didn't know that.
We are trying to eat those so we can catch fresh ones. I guess it will go up again. Dr won't be too happy.
You are right they are over 4.00 a lb live right now.

Have a nice weekend!!
Hugs
Cajun
We say we will freeze them, but by the time we finish the sack, there are none left!! We say the same thing when we boil crabs, but we end up eating them all without freezing any.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:57 PM   #206
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

KarenFL - glad to "see" you!

I broke down and bought a replacement car for my sedan, which is way too low for me to get in and out of without major trauma, angst, and PAIN. This is a Ford Escape, a SUV, and I think I'll like it. I'll pick it up on Tuesday, after I get a chance to clean out this car and find the title! The other one was 17 years old, and I've had it for 12; I guess I wasn't being too impulsive!!

Looking forward to the weekend! Everyone, later, lovelies!

Last edited by jess1 : 02-21-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 12:02 AM   #207

Love that new car!! I'll bet you fall in love with it big time!! I'm so excited for you!

Old 02-22-2014, 03:46 AM   #208

Hi everyone. another busy day helping mr cranky get his room ready to move the bed and his stuff into his room so we can start on my craft room. the rooms have not been painted since the kids lived at home.Jess im so happy for you to get a new car how awesome My grdaughter bday is next week and instead of a party she wants gramma to cook her a chix dinner with mashed spuds and gravy, snd she wants to bring a few girl friends. how kool is that that she wants to spend her day with gramma allthe moving stuff around made my old bones ache tonite, am tickeled I lost another pound,id love to get under 200..slow and steady.wish I could get you know who to take me to the pool..depending on some one else to take u places cuz your handicapped is ahard thing to deal with at times grrrrr. hoping your weekend goes well. rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
greek yogurt with granola

snack
coffee mocha

dinner
hamb cabbage mix baked in a bun
small cuke tomatoe salad
iced tea

snack
4 hersheys kisses

I am enough!

Last edited by akrosey49 : 02-22-2014 at 03:47 AM.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:35 AM   #209
Jacksonville, FL

Hopefully this will show our little kitty. I have had such a sore throat I lost 2 pounds from not eating.....my oldest granddaughter has chosen her college. I have one grandson out, two in at University of Cincinnati and now this one will attend Belmont University in Nashville ...

Last edited by Deelou : 05-14-2014 at 03:15 PM.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:07 PM   #210
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

DeeLou - I LOVE your kitty picture. I'm, um, like, a cat person..... I hope you feel better!

Rosey - I'm looking forward to seeing your craft room... and if I were your GD, I'd like to spend the day with you, too. I, ME, would like to spend the day with you!

Got up unheard-of-ly late this morning! I must have been tired! Really pretty here this morning, although chilly because of that damn wind! I don't remember winds like this when I was a youngin'... either we have more wind or I'm old. Or both!

Everyone - happy Saturday! Later, lovelies!

Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.