Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2014, 11:12 AM   #166  
I am more than weight.

S/C/G: Starting Weight:260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
Good Morning
Welcome Tam Tam, glad to have you. I've never heard of the One One One plan, what's that? Owning 3 Christian retail stores would keep you busy. Do you sell mostly books and music?

The One One One Diet is for Meals
One Carb
One Protein
One Fat
In the book it gives portion sizes

We sell LOTS of gift items, books and music, we are Catholic so we sell Catholic items also, but we serve all Christian Faiths, we have great customers from all Faiths and are blessed by them. Thanks for letting me come in the group. Now I need to get to work before I get fired(LOL)
Old 02-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello goldens. I'm wondering how k3 did in her surgery too. Hopefully we get news soon.
It's so hot here I'm thinking of turning on air condition. Next week we will be back to cold temps.
My mom who is 82 1/2 had a lil sore spot on her toe. We brought her to the dr and he wanted to do an ultra sound on her leg for blockages. We had that done at it was 100% blocked. Today they are going in and try to stint it. Hopefully they can.
This weekend is our last weekend camping at the hunting camp. Hooray!! I need to spring clean my house and shampoo carpets so bad.

Tam welcome!! Nice group we have here.

Mary I'm doing the the yoyo too with my diet. I need to stick with it really bad.

Rosey- can't wait to see your chick den!!!

Karen fl sending prayers your way.

Out of time. Sorry I missed some of you. Hi to all.

Hugs cajun
Old 02-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #168  
I am more than weight.

Default Thank You from a fellow Cajun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Hello goldens. I'm wondering how k3 did in her surgery too. Hopefully we get news soon.
It's so hot here I'm thinking of turning on air condition. Next week we will be back to cold temps.
My mom who is 82 1/2 had a lil sore spot on her toe. We brought her to the dr and he wanted to do an ultra sound on her leg for blockages. We had that done at it was 100% blocked. Today they are going in and try to stint it. Hopefully they can.
This weekend is our last weekend camping at the hunting camp. Hooray!! I need to spring clean my house and shampoo carpets so bad.

Tam welcome!! Nice group we have here.

Mary I'm doing the the yoyo too with my diet. I need to stick with it really bad.

Rosey- can't wait to see your chick den!!!

Karen fl sending prayers your way.

Out of time. Sorry I missed some of you. Hi to all.

Hugs cajun
Yea it's hot here down the Bayou, been having lots of fog in the mornings. Will probably have the a/c on before the day is done.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 318/218/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Surprise!!

Dropped a little more weight. When did that ever happen on a birthday week? (my hubby's not mine). Bought him a nice cupcake instead of a cake to keep from being tempted.

Also, I've found mashed cauliflower to be incredibly satisfying and so much less calories than mashed potatoes. YUM. New favorite comfort food.

Hope you all are enjoying your day!

XOXOXOX
Old 02-19-2014, 01:39 PM   #170  
I am more than weight.

Default Great idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Change4Life View Post
Dropped a little more weight. When did that ever happen on a birthday week? (my hubby's not mine). Bought him a nice cupcake instead of a cake to keep from being tempted.

Also, I've found mashed cauliflower to be incredibly satisfying and so much less calories than mashed potatoes. YUM. New favorite comfort food.

Hope you all are enjoying your day!

XOXOXOX
Hi, I am new to this thread, good for you with the weight loss and GREAT idea on the cupcake!! I find that when I have more cake than we should eat, I simple slice it up in single serving sizes and freeze it or sometimes just throw it away.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:40 PM   #171  

Tam tam I'm from bayou country in south louisiana too!!! The worse place to be. In the middle of cajun cooking. Lol

Hugs cajun.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:43 PM   #172  
I am more than weight.

Default Yep!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajunlady165 View Post
Tam tam I'm from bayou country in south louisiana too!!! The worse place to be. In the middle of cajun cooking. Lol

Hugs cajun.
Don't I know it. We are going to Leeville Seafood Resturant saturday (unless plans change) and have a Seafood Platter-and their gumbo is AWESOME!
Old 02-19-2014, 03:44 PM   #173  

Well yesterday was about the same. Still off plan. I can overeat on even healthy things!! The only sorta unhealthy thing in my house is the mocha mix and I don't drink it much any more. I had some Slim-Fast in the house and drank too much of it even. LOL Dh thinks it's "diet food" so when I'm hungry he'll tell me to drink it....well it's only diet food if you drink it in moderation.

So far today I'm doing well but it's the evenings that kill me. Last night it was because I didn't like the meatloaf I made for dinner...threw it out. Then poor little me...I felt deprived so I started snacking and one thing led to another..I'm not even bothering to post my stats because they are about the same as yesterday except Bobbi I actually got 55 gms of fiber!! Doesn't help though if you got it because you ate too much! Yes, I do drink a lot of water...even trying to track it now though I know I drink more than I remember to track. I think the great increase in fiber does show that the foods I am eating are not junk. The fiber helps my bs some and actually my bs is still getting better. Probably won't last though if I don't get on track with my eating. At least I'm exercising. I've increased my stretches at home and spent almost an hour at the gym, doing my usual stuff.

Chang4Life - So happy for you about the weight dropping more! I like cauliflower too but haven't tried it mashed. I think one of the reasons I've had so much trouble recently is that I've been using up the large baked potatoes that remained from the birthday dinner my kids made for me. I love potatoes and have only eaten a little at a time, but it adds up. I need to switch to mashed cauliflower. Good thing I made them take the cake when they left!

TamTam - Welcome to our little group! Wow you must be busy handling three stores! I love good Christian books. I never used to read the fiction ones but now I'm even getting into them. I haven't read about the one one one diet but it sounds like what my dd does. She has never been overweight but is says she feels better and also uses this way of eating to stay in great shape. She's a runner so important to stay in shape. I try to basically approach my meals that way but my problem is not what I eat so much as how much I eat! I'll check it out though.

Cajun - Sorry to hear about your mom, hope they can help her. And lets both you and me..get back on track. We need Karen3 here to push us, don't we? I hope she is doing ok.

Rosey - If I ate like you consistently I'd lose weight. Actually consistency is my major problem! I do well for a few days then mess up. You rock, girl!!
Old 02-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #174  
I am more than weight.

Thanks Maryea!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #175  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

Hello my golden girls. I have been committed to getting my health/eating right this time and I accept that I can not even sneak a treat. My insulin spikes so bad that I crave what ails me. I have been satiated eating large colorful salads and drinking spiru-tein made with almond milk.
I gain will power from sharing my journey with all of you and I have started reciting one chapter of psalms everyday to connect with G-d. I do believe that G-d wants me to be happy and He wants me to break free from downward behaviors.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:27 PM   #176  

TamTam - I have ordered the book. If I had eaten all the diet books I've read, I'd probably be quite skinny by now.

Lucinda - I loved what you said about how you get your will power! I once took an online class from settingcaptivesfree.com and it said to read God's Word every day and when you feel hungry because it will fill you up. I can't remember all the Scriptures but there are some that say it will fill/satisfy. I guess we usually take that to mean spiritually but I believe that God does want us to take care of our bodies and have self-control like you said. Anyway while I took that class I did it...they even had us fast one 25 hour day of every four. I remember sitting in the car at a strip mall reading the Bible because I was getting a little hungry. I always read til I got full and it really worked! Sometimes I have done it since then but I generally get too distracted by something else to take the time. I read the Word and pray a lot all day (and when awake at night) but this was sitting there reading til I felt full so it was different. It was wonderful for me spiritually as well as kept me from eating. I need to get back to that. Thanks for reminding me!

I guess it's because of all the fiber but my bs are better than ever! Even though I started high today I later had some good numbers...even normal normal as well as diabetic normals! In some ways that's even more important than losing weight although losing weight would probably help too.

Last edited by maryea; 02-19-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:12 AM   #177  

Hi everyone. another nice day. went shopping at wallmart and for the 1st time I stuck to my list kind of a crazy eating day. Maryea thanks for the kudos. It not easy to stick to my diet but having bariatric surg makes it easier as I cant over eat,if I do I upchuck it,if I eat too much sugar I spend to much time in the bathroom (dia-rear) and im suppose to eat lots of protein. if I stray I really pay a price of being sick ugh sometimes tho I eat things I shouldn't and suffer the after effects blah.Like today I had a chocolate jelly filled pastry. so yummy but I know it will have a bad reaction..welcome TamTam never heard of that diet sounds do-able.dh will start pt hes getting better. Hope your day was great too. rosey

breakfast
coffee

lunch
pastry
coffee

dinner
1 slice diet pizza
sm salad
2 hersheys hugs

snack
iced coffee mocha
honey ww pretzel twists
Old 02-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #178  
Jacksonville, FL

Not much news here, but I am down and staying there for 4 days a new thing! We brought home our new little rescue kitty, if I knew how to post pictures I would. She is a seal point siamese and we have been very impressed with the Siamese Reacue. There are a coalition of four across the US, ours is in Virginia and works up and down the east coast. She is settling in, even came out to the main room last night and saw the dog face to face and ran back, we have been following the integration concepts they suggest and think it is working . Giving the cat larger and larger areas to explore ie. bathroom, then bathroom and bedroom and now with a gate se can jump to get back to "safety". As she feels it is...we will see.
Old 02-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #179  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

After making coffee in the morning, I do my Bible lesson for the day. It's a great way to start the day and the Moody Bible college monthly booklet makes it easy. Bruce doesn't go to church, his dad brought him up to go hunting instead. Anyway, I got Bruce interested in the daily lesson and he's being reading it daily for a couple of years now. Just this morning I was asking God what more I could do to get him to church. Prayers don't seem to be working with him. Any of you have this problem? B
Old 02-20-2014, 10:00 AM   #180  

Good morning ladies. Went to see mom last night. She is doing well. They stinted 2 blockages in her left leg. Should be home this morning. So now hopefully her toe will heal.
The weather men are saying bad weather this afternoon. Hopefully it's not too bad. We are at 70 degrees at 6:30 am already. Air conditioner is on. I guess next week we will be using the heater again.
Tomorrow we are going to the camp for our last time at this hunting camp. We are only staying Friday night. I'm coming home Saturday because dh is going hunting with my brother in another area. So home it is for me!!! Yay. I'm tired of packing and spending every weekend at the camp. We have not missed a weekend since the last weekend of September. We will close up thst camp until next hunting season. We use our summer camp next. Usually about mid April we start going to thst camp and do some fishing. That's until august. Basically we camp all year. I'm usually all for camping but this year I've burned out.

Mary your idea about getting our diet on tract together is a good idea. Let's get busy and do this. We don't want to give k3 any reason to yell at us. Sometimes when you have a partner it helps motivate each other.

Tam I cooked crawfish eutouffee last night. It was vet hard to eat without rice. Seafood platter is the best. I think I crave seafood way more than meat.

Rosey how is the chick cave going?

Lucinda I'm the same way on my diet. I have to be on 100%. If I mess up it's for a long time before I can get back on tract. That's something I'm working on.

Donnatn congrats on your weight loss. I've always wanted to try the cauliflower mashed but when I think about doing it I'm out of cauliflower. Is it really good. What do you put in yours or do you put nothing.

Karenfl I'm praying that you are not suffering too much and your surgery was a success. Hope to hear from you soon.

Ok I'm out of time. Hi to all I missed.
Hugs cajun
Closed Thread