3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Age 50+ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50-217/)
-   -   ~~January Golden Girls~~ (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/age-50/291069-%7E%7Ejanuary-golden-girls%7E%7E.html)

Bobbolink 12-31-2013 06:25 PM

~~January Golden Girls~~

We are about Fitness and Quality of Life after 50...
We are about Fun and Friendship after 50...
We are the Golden Girls...

There is Value in us
There is Power in us
There is Wisdom in us
And Laughter....
We are a rainbow of unique wonders,
There is love in us.
(poem by Dorothy Holmes)

Tell us a little about your life, family and goals. What keeps you motivated? What is the best thing that's happened to you since you passed the 50 mark? 60 mark? 70 mark? Friends laugh, cry and stand by each other, we'll be that to you!

Bobbolink 12-31-2013 06:26 PM

You're welcome K3:D

Bobbolink 12-31-2013 06:35 PM

Happy January...I jumped on the scale and dreading the worst. I started around Thanksgiving and gradually worked up to about 5 pounds gain. Not as bad as I thought but it's all in my tummy. That's why my blue jeans were getting tight. I'm going to post my calories/menu like Mary...it really helps me stay true. I ate light for the first 2 days, tomorrow I'll work up to 1,000 calories.
It's been 30-35 below zero around here lately, haven't ventured out much. We normally walk over to the YMCA (takes 4 minutes) but Bruce drove us yesterday. I ordered a new pedometer that fits in your pocket, hope it gets here soon so I can track that too.

Quote:

Monday (16g Fiber .... 678 calories)
Breakfast:
Oatmeal w/Flaxseeds & Chia seeds
Blueberries
Lunch: Skipped except for raw carrots
Supper:
Chicken breast
Mashed potatoes
Squash, Acorn
Snack: pretzels

Tuesday (38 g Fiber .... 782 Calories)
Breakfast: Fiber One
Lunch: Blueberry/Banana smoothie
Supper:
Chicken Taco Soup

TV snack Pop Corn

Karen3 12-31-2013 07:21 PM

Thank you Bobbi.....Happy New Year....home from dinner safe and sound....well home safe anyway. K3

Wannabehealthy 12-31-2013 07:36 PM

I was too late to say goodbye to 2013, so I will just say welcome 2014. May it be better than 2013!

Maryea - I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. Thank you for posting that free WW site. I can do well on WW, but only if I go to the meetings, and I hate going to the meetings. I was going last year and besides the Points Plus they had this other plan where they give you a list of power foods and as long as you only eat these power foods you don't have to count points or calories or anything.

Bobbi - I see you are really enjoying your new home, and they've got you exercising and everything! Woo Hoo!

jess1 12-31-2013 08:31 PM

Happy New Year, Goldens!!!

Karen31 12-31-2013 08:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy New Year!! Stay safe!!

buddha belly 12-31-2013 09:53 PM

Happy New Year everyone!

Negative 35, oh my!!!!! What kind of pedometer did you order Bobbo? I have always bought my pedometers for 4.95 from Wallmart, the Sportline cheapest model to just care about counting steps, and I often lose them. But this last month they seemed to have made changes to the model that do not please me, so I am not sure whether I will go up a level to another brand.

akrosey49 12-31-2013 11:59 PM

Happy New Year everyone :hat::newyear::hat: rosey :wave:

glynne 01-01-2014 01:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Happy New Year everyone

Karen3 01-01-2014 10:31 AM

Happy New Year:

Assignment Chicks...based on Al non prayer...please add your own line...

1. Today I will be happy
2. Today I will refrain from improving anybody but me
3. Today I will eat healthy

glynne 01-01-2014 12:24 PM

Happy New Year GG's,

I found the thing you were talking about K3 and I picked a couple things that I need to work on:

Today I will not dwell on thoughts that depress me. If my mind fills with clouds, I will chase them away and fill it with sunshine. I'll not speak ill of others.

I won't explain further than that ~ as it would cause me to do the things I am trying not to do ~ you all can probably guess anyway what the thoughts would be about and who I would end up speaking ill about. Nuff said :)

Enjoy your day all.

Bobbolink 01-01-2014 12:52 PM

Today I'll thank Bruce for all the little things he does for me. Today he shoveled the driveway so I could go shopping. When I got home with a dozen bags he put his coat on and took them all in the house for me. Then we went upstairs and vacuumed the floors and my red rug by the bed. He already had the breakfast dishes washed/dried and put away when I unpacked the groceries. I do naturally thank him but I don't make a big deal of it. I will as soon as I post this, I will give him a hug and Thank him with gratitude in my actions.

jess1 01-01-2014 01:30 PM

Good Morning, Goldens!

How way cool are these postings today? And here's a contribution of my own:

"The New Year's Resolution That Will Change Your Life

Do whatever you can to feel good, because when you feel good, life will be good. The better you feel, the better life will get! Think about, talk about, and focus on the areas of your life that make you feel good, and temporarily keep off the subjects that don't make you feel good. When you do this one simple thing, everything in your life will get better, whether that's better relationships, health, money, or better circumstances with your job. Nothing in your life can ever improve until you feel better, and when you feel better, everything will improve. Make feeling as good as you can your number one priority for 2014, and it will be the best year of your life!

Happy New Year!

May the joy be with you"

I think we get bogged down in complaining, sometimes (I know I do!), and it just doesn't help!

Best wishes for a really, really, really good 2014!!

glynne 01-01-2014 01:43 PM

Thank you Donna ~ I love that. Gotta borrow that